MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
that's the bakblade, I got it off amazon, then the bakblade 2.0 came out so I snagged that one. I THINK i got the new one because they had changed the blade cartridges and had to. The first time you use new blades you can definitely make your back bleed but after a couple uses you can pretty much just scratch your back all over with no cuts until the blades are finally dull enough to replace again.

holy crap the prices went up though. looks like I bought the first one in 2016 and the 2.0 in 2021 according to my order history. price is almost double now, but honestly still cheaper than paying someone to do it...

Dang, you weren't kidding, 64 for a back razor. Ouch, I think I will just have my wife do it. LOL
I had to shave the back of one of my soldiers in Iraq... Weird experience, but I felt so bad for the guy. Hairy like animal.
Yeah, I can see how that might be weird!
My wife always acts a little weirded out, but then is much happier with the clean look.
Yeah, my wife gets a little nervous she might cut me but doesn't seem to bother her otherwise. She will take care of me for the next couple of months I am sure. Luckily I just have a little hair, not thick or course hair on my back.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Dang, you weren't kidding, 64 for a back razor. Ouch, I think I will just have my wife do it. LOL
my ex was into that, but she was also a pimple popper. some boundaries my wife and I have not yet broached so grooming is still on me, lol.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
135 degree weather in full battle rattle lol
Had to cut off his hair sponge eh, got tired of him ringing it out after a hard days work.

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Had to cut off his hair sponge eh, got tired of him ringing it out after a hard days work.
He was a BIG guy, probably 6'3" and I know he was ~250. Watched him DL 700 by the end of deployment. Big ol teddy bear of a guy though. He got to carry the big machine guns lol.

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Me at 5’10” and 250lbs with body dysmorphia, when people talk about 6’3” people weighing 250 being a big guy:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Fair point, he probably weighed more. He was lean, but he got in trouble regularly for the way the "army standards" calculate body fat

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Fair point, he probably weighed more. He was lean, but he got in trouble regularly for the way the "army standards" calculate body fat
In his defense, that’s definitely pretty easy to do in the military. My best friend was usually 170s with some abs around 5’7”, and he was getting lectured every army physical about his weight - when it was obviously all lean mass.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
So true, when I went to boot camp they had to get a waiver for me to join because I was like 20 over what I was supposed to be at my height. They even put me in the diet group in Boot Camp for a while. I came out at like 178 with abs, and was still overweight for my height, and maxed out sit ups and push ups and very close to maxing out the run, but I am a sprinter so I was so gassed at the end I fell down when I crossed the finish line.

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
So true, when I went to boot camp they had to get a waiver for me to join because I was like 20 over what I was supposed to be at my height. They even put me in the diet group in Boot Camp for a while. I came out at like 178 with abs, and was still overweight for my height, and maxed out sit ups and push ups and very close to maxing out the run, but I am a sprinter so I was so gassed at the end I fell down when I crossed the finish line.
I was 150lb when I joined and ran my 2 mile in 11:15, but couldn't do 25 push-ups. I got out at 215 doing 100 push-ups and running a 15min 2 mile lmao

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I was 150lb when I joined and ran my 2 mile in 11:15, but couldn't do 25 push-ups. I got out at 215 doing 100 push-ups and running a 15min 2 mile lmao
lol they probably should have rejected you the first time and said come back when you're 190 😅😅😅

Military really does awesome stuff for young kids still in that developmental stage. you see so many soldiers come back strapped with an extra 20+lbs of lean mass on them.

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
So I guess these hives are just stress lol. I do have a mild gluten allergy, confirmed at the allergist, but doesn't seem to be the issue here. Haven't gotten in to train in a bit now, had every intention of going in today but I had to get the dogs out for a few walk throughs.

I have like 3 weeks left on my purchase contract, and no interest yet in the house I'm selling, so that's awesome. Dropping the price again, but now I have to work with my lender to ensure that what I'm getting from my share of the sale still qualifies me for my house.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Oh Man, I hate to hear that. Hoping you get someone on the hook soon!

Good news on the hives not being an allergy, I would imagine it has to do with stress. I wonder if one of the anti-cortisol supps might help alleviate some of that. Microdosing THC, or CBD might assist with nerves / stress some. Not sure if you are interested in either of those options or if they would be a risk for your job. Might be worth a shot if not.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Dude I'm glad to hear it might just be stress overall, I hope ironically, that that would lower your stress a little bit? At least you know it's a mild burden to bear for now that will pass in time.

Is it possible to go FSBO at a lower price and clear the same seller net proceed? I know places like redfin had to raise rates though so I have no idea what the going rates are for FSBO marketing or if you can get on MLS via FSBO anymore...?

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Dude I'm glad to hear it might just be stress overall, I hope ironically, that that would lower your stress a little bit? At least you know it's a mild burden to bear for now that will pass in time.

Is it possible to go FSBO at a lower price and clear the same seller net proceed? I know places like redfin had to raise rates though so I have no idea what the going rates are for FSBO marketing or if you can get on MLS via FSBO anymore...?
Yeah I don't know, if my contract runs out I'll probably look into refinancing where I'm at to get the ex wife off the title and get her her share of the equity, then HELOC to access my share and fix the place up some.

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Probably also moving into a hypertrophy program until I can get my **** together again. Especially with the physical load if working at the brewery, stress/cortisol levels, low food consumption, strength training is asking for some trouble at this point, I think.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Probably also moving into a hypertrophy program until I can get my **** together again. Especially with the physical load if working at the brewery, stress/cortisol levels, low food consumption, strength training is asking for some trouble at this point, I think.
Choose some training you enjoy! Don’t worry about labels, or stress about frequency. Just try to go to the gym as often as you can for the time & energy you have. Maybe that’s only 40 minutes of “arms”, maybe some days you do some squats or pulls if you have the desire.

Never give up on the gym - it will never give up on you, and it’s always glad to see you whenever you can find the time. Beyond training, there is the need for exercise & mental health. 3 minutes 30x a week makes a big difference in longevity!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Some ashwaghanda might also help. I've used KSM-66 in the past for stress, although I think anecdotally Sensoril is more supposed to be for that.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Some ashwaghanda might also help. I've used KSM-66 in the past for stress, although I think anecdotally Sensoril is more supposed to be for that.
That was the name of the herb I was thinking of. Also maybe some St. John's wort, it is good to calm nerves and anxiety which could lower stress levels or hormones anyway.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
If you do go down the ashwaghanda route, I'd hit up for Steve for whatever he has/recommends. They're not all created equally and plenty of the off the shelf solutions out there in retail are just garbage. My wife was convinced it had no effect on her until she tried a different brand.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
You generally want a standardized extract, usually extracted for withanolides. Various different percentages are available and people sometimes respond to them a bit different anecdotally (some people find some more calming and some more stimulating etc).

I take ash pretty much non stop. SNS/CEL offer Sensoril or KSM-66 in several products or KSM individually.

I regularly use Stress and Anxiety or use KSM-66 when taking a “break” from it.

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I've been using stress and anxiety at night, starting it in the mornings today. I don't feel that stressed 😅 but I guess military and growing up helped develop unhealthy coping mechanisms.

Getting into the gym this afternoon, I talk a lot of crap on Stoppani, but I love his OPP (oscillating periodization program) for hypertrophy and strength maintenance. Borderline "powerbuilding" program imo if you treat it as such.

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Choose some training you enjoy! Don’t worry about labels, or stress about frequency. Just try to go to the gym as often as you can for the time & energy you have. Maybe that’s only 40 minutes of “arms”, maybe some days you do some squats or pulls if you have the desire.

Never give up on the gym - it will never give up on you, and it’s always glad to see you whenever you can find the time. Beyond training, there is the need for exercise & mental health. 3 minutes 30x a week makes a big difference in longevity!
Yeah I feel you. Picking up the brewery work is two days of intense physical labor as well, nothing in there is automated and it's a 20bbl (31gal per bbl) system, meaning lots of hauling grains around before and after the brew. I also got 15k steps Saturday on an easy brew day lol.

Just going to get it in when I can, it's important to me and my sanity

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
6/25/24

Bench Press 4x10-12 @ 205lb
Incline BP 4x10-12 @ 185lb (nearly impossible to unrack alone)
Reverse-Grip Incline DB press 3x10-12 @60lb
DB Flye 3x10-12 @35lb
Cable X-over 3x10-12 @35lb
SB good mornings 3x10 @155lb
Weighted crunch 3x15 @185lb
Cable Oblique Pushdowns 3x12 @85lb
Woodchoppers 3x12 @55lb

I'm so used to only doing 5 reps, I wasn't sure what weights to use for most of this hahaha.
I'm out of preworkout, stopped and snagged a few Ghost energy drinks, never had them before but they have a pretty solid, if not underdosed, ingredient list. not too shabby.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Nice looking session! Good volume for sure. Sounds like you are keeping busy with normal work + the brewery.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I'm out of preworkout, stopped and snagged a few Ghost energy drinks, never had them before but they have a pretty solid, if not underdosed, ingredient list. not too shabby.
My favorite to have on hand is usually Steves Pump Addict. I actually have some sitting next to me at my desk right now, lol. That All Out that I just logged for Iconic was solid stuff as well. hits hard. 🤘

I have run ghost many times as an "emergency" when I'm out of preWO and am getting ready to order more from Steve but I hate that they separate the stim free pump matrix from their stimmed up preWO. the ready made energy drinks I have grabbed a number of times to take on a round of golf instead of joining the guys in beer. I think the Alpha GPC and zero calorie caffeine source are good for my energy and mental clarity in that scenario but generally speaking definitely prefer pump addict and now All Out over ghost.

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
My favorite to have on hand is usually Steves Pump Addict. I actually have some sitting next to me at my desk right now, lol. That All Out that I just logged for Iconic was solid stuff as well. hits hard. 🤘

I have run ghost many times as an "emergency" when I'm out of preWO and am getting ready to order more from Steve but I hate that they separate the stim free pump matrix from their stimmed up preWO. the ready made energy drinks I have grabbed a number of times to take on a round of golf instead of joining the guys in beer. I think the Alpha GPC and zero calorie caffeine source are good for my energy and mental clarity in that scenario but generally speaking definitely prefer pump addict and now All Out over ghost.
Pump addict is my favorite, I do add some alpha gpc from nootropics depot to it. I need to make a BIG supp order, reviving the bank from my due diligence/earnest money still lol

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I can't decide if I for sure see the Alpha GPC results, but it seems like at a high enough dose maybe. either way I keep trying lol
There are these "Alpha Pouches" nootropic snuff. Like zynnies but it's basically just a little caffiene and alpha gpc. seems like it's dosed too low to do anything though.

I need to make a BIG supp order, reviving the bank from my due diligence/earnest money still lol
I know that feel, lol.
I'm actually really sorta happy to be wrapping up a shitton of supps I have from Steve right now cause I sorta want to go a short period with nothing in my system and then come at it with a new state of mind to re-up. thing is I'm sorta spoiled right now cause I went right from the epiandro run into my phosphatidic acid xt so I'm guessing when my anabolic effect and PA XT both run out I'll feel like a miserable flabby sack of crap 😅

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I can't decide if I for sure see the Alpha GPC results, but it seems like at a high enough dose maybe. either way I keep trying lol
There are these "Alpha Pouches" nootropic snuff. Like zynnies but it's basically just a little caffiene and alpha gpc. seems like it's dosed too low to do anything though.

I know that feel, lol.
I'm actually really sorta happy to be wrapping up a shitton of supps I have from Steve right now cause I sorta want to go a short period with nothing in my system and then come at it with a new state of mind to re-up. thing is I'm sorta spoiled right now cause I went right from the epiandro run into my phosphatidic acid xt so I'm guessing when my anabolic effect and PA XT both run out I'll feel like a miserable flabby sack of crap 😅
Lol I'm only running joint stuff and pepti plex right now, I feel deflated and have less "pep" I associate with test boosters

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
you got a lot going on too, a vacation might do you well lol
Agreed, although I'm going to start adding back in now that the hives are managed. Going to wait to see if I can get the Sustain Alpha log, or else it's time to re up Alpha Gel

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
6/26/24

OHP 4x10-12 @ 125lb
DB upright row 4x10-12 @ 45lb
DB lateral raise 4x10-12 @25lb
Cable front raise 4x10-12 @12.5lb
Cable rear delt flye 4x10-12 @25lb
Barbell Shrug 4x10-12 @225lb
Straight-arm pushdown 4x10-12 @75lb

Holy hell my aching shoulders

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just on new pre-workouts, I started up LFG Burn for my cut. Lot of good fat loss ingredients in it, but the caffeine is microencapsulated. So it doesn't ever "hit". I do like Ryse Sunny-D. Great taste, hefty dose of caffeine and nitrates. Also have a heavy stim Convict pre Souls 4 Sale I've been wanting to dip into...

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I drink a Ghost energy drink on more days than I’d like to admit. 😅

I think most things in a lot of the popular preworkouts make more sense taken daily so my performance and nootropic ingredients I’m pretty much using anyways, toss in an energy drink mostly for caffeine in the early part of the day for me. 🤷

Hope the stress levels off though and you can get back to regular training.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I think most things in a lot of the popular preworkouts make more sense taken daily so my performance and nootropic ingredients I’m pretty much using anyways, toss in an energy drink mostly for caffeine in the early part of the day for me.
yeah there are some garbage energy drinks out there but when you look at a lot of what's on the market these days they have some great ingredients without nailing you with 300mg of caffeine and 87g of sugar lol

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
yeah there are some garbage energy drinks out there but when you look at a lot of what's on the market these days they have some great ingredients without nailing you with 300mg of caffeine and 87g of sugar lol
I generally want closer to 300mg total caffeine preWO for hard training, if my bp/fitness at the time will tolerate it.

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I generally want closer to 300mg total caffeine preWO for hard training, if my bp/fitness at the time will tolerate it.
I find a very stark contrast between 200mg and 300mg of caffeine, I'd say I'm fairly sensitive however handling 200mg of caffeine probably alludes to a lack of sensitivity lol. I wonder if there's an order of magnitude with it, such as the difference between a pH of 3.0 and 3.1 is 10x...

My preference is ~200mg caffeine, theanine, some phenyls, and theobromine, and far as cognitive and energy support is concerned. I do prefer spicing it up with some DMAA, if that were still an easy thing to come by 🙃

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
My preference is ~200mg caffeine, theanine, some phenyls, and theobromine, and far as cognitive and energy support is concerned.
I think my own personal preference tends to vary quite a bit by season. Now that we have these beautiful 16hour PNW days I barely need a full cup of coffee and most of the "energy drinks" I might reach for mid day have only 80mg in them. The original rockstars only had like 160mg but 63mg of sugar as well.

IIRC the All Out preWO we've been playing with is around 225mg but cafiene that high would likely only serve me well under a barbell. if I'm that high at a desk job I'm tweaking out.

come winter time, I can drink coffee till 4pm no problem though.

I do prefer spicing it up with some DMAA

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I think my own personal preference tends to vary quite a bit by season. Now that we have these beautiful 16hour PNW days I barely need a full cup of coffee and most of the "energy drinks" I might reach for mid day have only 80mg in them. The original rockstars only had like 160mg but 63mg of sugar as well.

IIRC the All Out preWO we've been playing with is around 225mg but cafiene that high would likely only serve me well under a barbell. if I'm that high at a desk job I'm tweaking out.

come winter time, I can drink coffee till 4pm no problem though.

View attachment 243390
Original mesomorph was my bread and butter

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Original mesomorph was my bread and butter
That stuff was SICK 400mg caffeine, 90mg DMAA, full serving of BA, and a few other goodies, that stuff was the real deal! I also loved the original Jack3d! That stuff was amazing. I got lucky and got about 1000 3 scoop packages of Jack3d, and about 400 6 cap packets of PowerFull their old GH product given to me when I stopped repping for USPLabs because they didn't want to pay shipping on the returns from my demos package. That and they owed me some product for using me as their poster boy in their pamphlets, and advertising. I used that Jack3d for over 2 years.