this weather sucks!!!!!!

purelife1

florida is supposed to be warm...one day in the 60s for 2 weeks straight..night times in low 30s and 20s..all my warm clothes are xl i wear xxl this sucks...but still better then snow

soseg

soseg

Awards
  • Established
Tell me about it... this Australian summer is late too...
its been like 20 degrees C all week (high 60s in F)... pretty ****

but the next 5+ day out look is about 100+ :D

Enjoy ya snow, suckers!

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
florida is supposed to be warm...one day in the 60s for 2 weeks straight..night times in low 30s and 20s..all my warm clothes are xl i wear xxl this sucks...but still better then snow
I grew up in Connecticut, so I can appreciate the cool down; However, I certainly don't miss the freakin' snow (only at christmas).

I'll take Florida (Tampa) any day at this point in my life. :D

purelife1

funny updated weather now calls for ice/sleet sat and snow flurries sunday...its 30 at 930 in the morning in florida..this is crazy..but no masquitos flying around

wedlund6

Awards
  • Established
i live in northern minnesota it was -24 degrees farenheit the other day. every morning for the last 2 weeks its in the -. today we have a warm up it will be +15 degrees. have you ever heard the weatherman say it will be warm today a high of 15 degrees? ya i think not.

Harry Manback

Harry Manback

Awards
  • Established
A high of 30 today in CT. What the hell am I still doing here?

buuzer0

buuzer0

Awards
  • Established
I'm with ya purelife1, I live in the central/east coast part of florida and it sucks! 30 degree weather here is brutal, I think it's a different kind of cold than you get up north because of the humidity but I'm no expert. Yeah, I heard that there's another cold front after the current one. Bummer. I don't have many warm clothes either, but the best thing to do is layer. Buy some thermal shirts and long sleeve t's (they're like 2 for $20 at stores like Champs, Footlocker, etc). That way you can have a wife beater, t shirt, long sleeve T (or thermal), normal shirt, and jacket on. Your legs will still suffer but I can deal with that. The longer the socks the better!

I know this is probably common sense stuff for you northerners, but here in FL our bodies aren't adapted to this crap! I'll take the blistering 100 degree weather anytime over this!

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm actually 30,000ft in the air right now flying back to DC from LA. I was at the beach New Years day and it's in the damn teens and 20's in DC. This bums me out. I lived in Alaska before and there is a reason why I left... The cold just plain sucks.

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
32 in Rhode Island today, more snow this weekend...Ugghhhhh

captricharund

captricharund

Banned
Awards
the Capt doesnt do cold weather. He just packs his laptop and takes his work to more suitable climates.

soseg

soseg

Awards
  • Established
I'm actually 30,000ft in the air right now flying back to DC from LA. I was at the beach New Years day and it's in the damn teens and 20's in DC. This bums me out. I lived in Alaska before and there is a reason why I left... The cold just plain sucks.
You win, at 30,000 feet... in winter at least it would be about -56 degrees Celsius

buuzer0

buuzer0

Awards
  • Established
My car temp guage said 32 this morning. There was ice on my windshield that I was not prepared for, luckily I had a bottle of water that wasn't frozen and rag in my trunk. In Florida. FLORIDA. I hear it's not letting up anytime soon.

Weather like this drains my energy... all I want to do is sleep at night, I can't muster up the motivation to go out on the town. I guess I can't complain too much though, New Year's Eve was good and warm in the 60's/70's but then the cold front came and New years day it dropped into the 40's.

drivehard

drivehard

Awards
  • Established
My car temp guage said 32 this morning. There was ice on my windshield that I was not prepared for, luckily I had a bottle of water that wasn't frozen and rag in my trunk. In Florida. FLORIDA. I hear it's not letting up anytime soon.

Weather like this drains my energy... all I want to do is sleep at night, I can't muster up the motivation to go out on the town. I guess I can't complain too much though, New Year's Eve was good and warm in the 60's/70's but then the cold front came and New years day it dropped into the 40's.
Wow, its just crazy how different some people live. We just got 8+ inches of snow, a high of 10, which we already had...dropping back down near zero with -25 to -35 degree wind chills. I was still up, and drove my 10 miles to the gym at 4:45 this morning. Just another day in Iowa in January...

Gonzo14

Gonzo14

Awards
  • Established
your complaining about 60's? I can't wait for that weather. We had a heat wave here on Long Island, NY that just broke 32.
60's. HA I'd be on the beach

urbanski

urbanski

Awards
  • Established
funny updated weather now calls for ice/sleet sat and snow flurries sunday...its 30 at 930 in the morning in florida..this is crazy..but no masquitos flying around
low of 25 here next few nights. that's cold as hell. it never once froze last winter.

DEADn

DEADn

Awards
I am in central FL as well.. Yeah it does suck but it is nice change for a while. Yesterday when I came home the temp in the house was 66. That feels good outside but within a house it is cold. I went to weightlift for the first time in a month (Dec was a very busy time for me) and I was warmed up. So much so that I walked around in shorts for the rest of the night. I also took a shower as well. I was surprised at how much a workout will do that to you.

I would like to see some falling flurries here.

DEADn

DEADn

Awards
On the heels of my last post, click on my nic and go to my home page. You can see pics of my trip to the Philippines and Hong Kong in December. Wife is Filipino. I am still slightly drunk, if you will from the trip, great experience to go into a totally different culture.

Chops89

Chops89

Awards
  • Established
I like winter. I prefer to be cold than sweating my ass off just standing around. I find it's much much easier to warm myself up than to cool myself down.

Don't get me wrong, nothing beats a warm summer night at the Jersey shore.

urbanski

urbanski

Awards
  • Established
MSNBC says frozen iguanas are falling out of trees there LOL

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You win, at 30,000 feet... in winter at least it would be about -56 degrees Celsius
Haha, actually I remember the tv screen that shows info on the flight was reading -65 F.

I have seen 70 below when I was living in Alaska, near Fairbanks. That spring when it warmed up and by warm up I mean in the 20's maybe I was running around in shorts and t-shirt. It felt warm, but of course wouldn't be outside like that for too long because well, it was still the 20's :biglaugh:

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
21 here in Long Island tonight...to cold to run out side today so I settled for the treadmill, my bones are hurting, sucks to have lupus and live in the east coast....

TC

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
21 here in Long Island tonight...to cold to run out side today so I settled for the treadmill, my bones are hurting, sucks to have lupus and live in the east coast....

TC

Sounds like the perfect excuse to move somewhere warmer :)

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Heard that Iguana's are falling from tree's in Florida, that's crazy.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Heard that Iguana's are falling from tree's in Florida, that's crazy.
Yup, it's true.

They say there is a good chance that it may snow here in Tampa....I'll be damned...

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Must be global warming

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Must be global warming
I wonder if the Alligator in the lake outside my house is a frozen solid yet?; I'll have to investigate that tomorrow. :D

It's gotta suck not being able to thermoregulate...

mikkel4700

Awards
I cant´n even drive my car, because off to much damn snow

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
What the hell is going on? I keep waiting for the damn snow and some colder weather up in Mt. Hood and it keeps raining every f...ing day even @8000' elevation. We rented a cabin on new year weekend and didn't ski once and this week one of the ski resort's been closed for 4 days now because of the rain and no snow on the slopes. But it's freezing in FL... WTF?

DEADn

DEADn

Awards
Rather interesting day today in central florida. The high temp is 36F and for about 15 minutes we had sleet falling. I went outside because I could hear rain falling. I went outside and I could see it but I couldn't feel it. It dawns on me it is sleet. I look down on the pavement and see it bouncing all over. Very small though. It bounced and then melted. It was fun while it lasted. I had a leather jacket on and shorts watching it for 15 minutes. I have northern blood.

I think my electric bill is going to suck because this week has been COLD.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Central Florida here too...I went out in the sleet in shorts and bare-feet to cover up my grill and my wife looked at me like I'm crazy. She's lived here all her life though, so she thinks it's cold when it's below 60, lol!

My in laws said that they saw flurries here in Central FL today (Lake Wales area, which is right between Tampa and Florida)!

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
Yet, it keeps raining on the Mt.Hood, 9000' elevation...

purelife1

yes i got to play in the 15-20 minutes of flakes and ice..very strange but fun while it lasted..today still only 54 and going to 31 again tonight