thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Leg Day
by thetinyguy

"The hours leading up to training are both exciting and nerve-racking because not only am i happy to get into the gym, i'm also somewhat horrified at the effort i'll have to exert to reach that next step, that next level of intensity. Sometimes i find myself feeling nauseous,very nervous or even feel like i'm gonna **** myself but when i stand in front of that barbell i switch into a mindset of borderline insanity to most but it's just that one thing you have to do because last week was 10 reps, now it's time for 20."

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
BEST LEG SESSION EVER!! People are starting to know that i'm really serious about this now, Get ready to see some epic progress. Tweaking my Back/Bi routine for thursday! Will post up my numbers later... HUGE leap in leg progress today to say the least :angryfire:

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Leg Day!! 6/21/11
Duration: approx. 1 hour 15min. (Decided to pickup the intensity and not worry about overall sets)
Mood: Extremely focused and ready to go beyond my limits.
Energy: Very high, a little nervous but was keeping all my energy focused on squatting.
Other notes: I think i found a line i shouldn't cross now with squats, When getting those extremely hard slow reps after about 5 of them i started feeling it more in my hip flexor, clearly indicating my quads were done so i stopped the set there. I had already pushed wayyyy wayyy beyond last session and i don't want to risk a tear!
Lifts:
Barbell Back Squats-in Power Rack with safety pins set at 3rd pin.
275 x 16 *PR* +8 Reps, I was going to attempt 20 but like i said at this point things started feeling a little weird. :saevil:
295 x 6 *PR* +4 Reps, Was VERY satisfied with getting this after the high reps!! As the weights go up, 1 rep may be extremely substantial so this makes me more than happy.
295 x 4 *PR* +2 Reps, Again VERY satisfied i still managed 2 more reps!
Notes: Usually i do 4 sets but these were BALLS OUT so i felt it was good enough.
Lying Leg Curls- Did these straight sets, no rest pause today. Did half reps after going to failure on strict reps.
75 x 15 *PR* +4 Reps
90 x 11 *PR* +3 Reps
105 x 10 *PR* +5 Reps
120 x 6 *PR*
Notes: These, were in an understatement: HELL, i literally get the worst burn in my hammy's so those few extra reps were very very tough.
Seated Leg Extensions *Plate Loaded*-These are done with 1 second up, then a static hold at top for 2 seconds and then lowered slowly at a count of 4-5 seconds. Rest pause utilized.
**Did just 1 CRAZY set, Rest-Pause, the whole shmeal**
220 x 20 *PR* Not only did i add 20lbs i did more reps AND did an excruciatingly painful hold on last rep with super long negative. Sounds were made!!
45 Degree Seated Calve Raises- Tried staying in heavier weight instead of just drop setting, To be honest all drop setting seems to do for these is make them burn a ton, Not saying that's bad but i figured staying up in weight would be a better idea.
165 x 11 *PR*
165 x 22 *PR*
165 x 19 *PR*

Pre-Workout: 1 scoop GNC NO Loaded again- Taste is so nasty but provides solid energy.
Intra-Workout: 3 scoops AI RecoverPRO - Was sweating a LOT so i was downing this stuff it was so good between sets :)
Post-Workout: 2 scoops Muscle-Tech Cell-Tech and 3 scoops EAS whey. Great stuff
Afterthoughts: I think today was the hardest i've pushed myself on legs and to be honest, the harder i push myself the better i feel after i DESTROY my last workouts record! Also getting compliments on how i'm "leaning out" which is cool. It's good to see that people realize i mean business. Hopefully i'm inspiring people in the gym and on here because that's what i want to do besides achieving my goals! Until next time...
TRAIN HARDZ
-thetinyguy

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Damn bro...breaking records all day. Sounds like you may be walking like the tin man tomorrow...I'm def feeling my leg workout from yesterday (I love the pain...hurts so good)

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Damn bro...breaking records all day. Sounds like you may be walking like the tin man tomorrow...I'm def feeling my leg workout from yesterday (I love the pain...hurts so good)
Yeah it isn't easy by any means but so gratifying when you just try as hard as possible to beat your previous workout, My legs already are hurting in a good way haha

Diet Breakdown 6/21/11
Calories:3250
Protein: 315 Grams

Tomorrow: Maybe cardio depending on how my legs feel...

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Diet Breakdown 6/22/11
Calories:3200
Protein:275 Grams
*No cardio today my legs were thrashed from yesterday so i decided to reward them with some rest :)*

Tomorrow: Back/Bi's!! :D

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Once again, had an amazing session. I've felt a noticeable increase in sex drive/aggression in the past few days. I read that as you get leaner your test levels do increase, I feel completely different right now but i'm not even that lean yet! This is so badass, Workouts are getting tough but my mind is getting even more tough. :angryfire:

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Back/Bi's 6/23/11
Duration: approx. 1 hour 30 min.
Mood: Like always, Really focused and ready to train. Felt more aggression today too, it definitely helps!
Energy: Very high, ready to break last weeks PR's!!
Other notes: Increased aggression, More sex drive, more personal well-being and definitely more confident. This is a huge difference i feel like a different person and i'm not on any AAS or PH's! Well now i'm a believer in the leaner you get the more your testosterone levels increase. :)
Lifts
Assisted Overhand Wide-Grip Pull Ups- Used straps today one these to try to focus more on my back contracting rather than my elbow flexors.
-70 x 18 *PR* +8 Reps
-50 x 11 *PR* +6 Reps, Rest Pause and Negative
-40 x 8 *PR* 2 Negatives used.
Assisted Hammer-Grip Pull Ups- Straps also used to help isolate back. I haven't been improving as drastically on these as the wide because i'm prioritizing my lats/teres major more than the bi's. So the're pretty much "Pre-Exhausted"
-90 x 12 *PR* +2 Reps
-70 x 11 *PR* +3 Reps & Negative
-50 x 9 *PR* 3 Negatives utilized so 9 Reps total.
Lat Isolation Pulldowns(Using Ab Straps) People asking me about these now, They work VERY well. They take your bicep out of the movement and it's primarily focused on your Teres Major/Lat/Rear Delt!
80 x 60 *PR*
100 x 25
140 x 12 *PR* +4 Reps, Way more controlled than last week, barely had to cheat!
150 x 6 *PR* Pretty controlled as well, Those cheat reps last week really helped out!!
1-Arm DB Row (Leg on bench)
70 x 20 *PR* Did these textbook form and they felt very LIGHT for the first time!
130 x 12 *PR* +4 Reps, Utilized Rest Pause again.
DB Shrugs- 1 Set!
100 x 16 *PR*
DB Concentration Curls- Rest pause and negatives utilized, One heavy set!
10 x 100 *PR* +50 Reps, Did these high rep sets standing. About every 30 reps i took a 1-3 second break at the bottom *DID NOT PUT PLATES DOWN*
45 x 5 *PR*
Standing Barbell Wrist Curls- Weight is total of 45Lbs bar + plates. 3 sets! Stretching between sets.
55 x 65 *PR* +15 Reps
55 x 30 + Hold
55 x 30 + Hold
Standing DB Hammer Curls-1 all out set, cheating included with rest pause. Was again...F*CKING CRAZY!! I think i may just stick with a weight until i get at least 30 reps from now on.
40 x 21 *PR*

Pre-Workout: GNC N.O. Loaded once again 1 scoop, Still hate the taste haha
Intra-Workout: AI RecoverPRO 3 scoops. Tasty :)
Post-Workout: Muscle-Tech Cell-Tech 2 scoops, 3 scoops EAS whey in water with a banana.
Afterthoughts: Very intense workout, To be honest the harder i have to try the more i'm enjoying the session. It's 10x more gratifying when you push yourself harder than last week. I honestly am feeling different from this too, My mindset is more focused on what i have to do to take that next step. I not only feel more focused but i can see my body changing before my eyes! Another side note, i trained my back so hard today that upon finishing that set of heavy 1 arm db rows my leg was twitching, just to give you an idea of the intensity :angryfire:
TRAIN HARD!!

-thetinyguy (now has an even more badass avi :D)

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Keep getting those pull-ups bro...those are money makers. Like the avatar, almost didn't recognize you on my thread haha.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/primordial-performance/177113-4wk-androhard-androlean.html
Haha hell yeah man, Excited that soon i'll be doing weighted pull ups instead of assisted! I slacked on them a lot but i gained so much weight so fast it got really hard to do them. When i was leaner i loved them i even was working up to 1 handed pull ups!

DBZ is awesome, crazy wacked out of proportion muscle haha

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Diet Breakdown 6/23/11
Calories:3470
Protein:337 Grams

Tomorrow: Cardio/Stretching

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Diet Breakdown 6/22/11
Calories:3200
Protein:275 Grams
*No cardio today my legs were thrashed from yesterday so i decided to reward them with some rest :)*

Tomorrow: Back/Bi's!! :D
Goodjob on the calories. and esp upping protein. Kill it

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Diet Breakdown 6/23/11
Calories:3470
Protein:337 Grams

Tomorrow: Cardio/Stretching
thats more like it on the protein lol...seriously when taking bcaa's protein requirement in my opinion can reduce. When training real intense I say 1.5 grams

Ronnie Coleman swears in this months MD that when he started upping protein he saw the most gains..I can say this for me as well.

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
thats more like it on the protein lol...seriously when taking bcaa's protein requirement in my opinion can reduce. When training real intense I say 1.5 grams

Ronnie Coleman swears in this months MD that when he started upping protein he saw the most gains..I can say this for me as well.
That's a really good point, i've never tried eating more than about 250-300 grams of protein. I'll continue to mess around with it and see what happens. So far so good!
Plus i have so many BCAA's it's ridiculous. I've got a 50% off coupon and i'm thinking of trying a natural test booster like testopro to give it a shot. :)

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Diet Breakdown 6/24/11
Calories:3050
Protein:318 Grams

Tomorrow: Chest/Shoudlers/Tri's!

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Chest/Shoulders/Tri's 6/25/11
Duration: approx. 1 hour 45 min.
Mood: Was still sore from Back/Bi's, From this point on i'm taking out cardio on off days. At a 700 deficit on off days i'll still be losing at least 1lb a week just from diet alone, Not to mention my training sessions i burn 500-700 calories at LEAST. I think i'll give more time into my recovery considering i'm pushing harder than i ever have.
Energy: Very good, Wasn't as focused as normal since my mother was home. She tends to distract me...
Other notes: Today was extremely intense, I've read that protein pre-workout is a very good idea and possibly something sugary? I'm all ears on this since if it provides me with more energy to pound out sets and help with growth it'd be a GREAT addition.
Lifts:
Slight Incline DB Press- Ok i know this'll sound very ridiculous but after just one workout with this new upper chest exercise i can actually see a difference! Not only the muscle itself but i killed all my last weeks PR's as well! Arms started shaking pretty bad on some of these last reps, I was a little worried that my arms were gonna give out but i stuck through it.
25 x 60 *PR*
55 x 14 *PR* +6 Reps
60 x 10 *PR* +4 Reps
65 x 8 *PR*
70 x 6 *PR*
Decline Bench- After 5 NEW PR's from the last exercise i was pretty tired, I was really hoping i could up my weight on this today but i just didn't have it. Everything else i managed new PR's :D
155 x 58 *PR* +25 Reps, After not getting a heavier weight i went all out on this set. They pretty much were lockouts like last time but it was pure hell.
215 x 10 *PR* +2 Reps, I really fought for these so i'm more than happy with 2 extra reps.
225 x 6, Same as last week but i attempted a 7th rep and i got stuck at the bottom. I fought with it for about 6/7 seconds then put it down. Still an improvement i guess?
Seated DB Overhead Press
50 x 10 *PR* +4 Reps
50 x 5
*PR* +1 Set of 50
DB Laterals- *Ouch*
10 x 75 *PR*
45 x 22 *PR* +7 Reps
50 x 12 *PR*
Dips- Used different range of motion, Once again not a lot of progress from full range used for about 1.5 months. Felt better on elbows and since there was no assistance it was a lot harder.
BW x 10 *PR* Using Rest Pause and Negatives.
BW x 4
EZ Bar Push Downs- This is one of those weight stacks and for some reason some of the plates stick... On the 45 set the 50 stuck to the 45 for about HALF of the damn set, so technically i did 15 or so reps with 50 then the rest with 45 after it dropped down. Kind of cool i guess since i thought it was 45.
45/50 x 30 *PR*
70 x 13 *PR* +4 Reps
70 x 8 *PR* +1 Set

Pre-Workout: 1 Scoop GNC NO Loaded, Still tastes crappy but works haha
Intra-Workout: 3 Scoops AI RecoverPRO, Still tastes good!
Post-Workout: 1.5 Scoops Muscle-Tech Cell-Tech, Ran out of this today. Any other recommendations as for a PWO drink? There's a tub of this stuff with 20% free Grape flavored for the same price. So if there are no ideas i'll just buy it.
Afterthoughts: Like i said before cardio is getting the boot, I'm just so thrashed/sore after these sessions that i feel i NEED to just rest the day after. This is a first since i'm sailing into uncharted territory with never before used weights and higher intensity. So my main focus is on calories and protein, Maybe even putting some more protein in than normal. Either way things are really going good. Got a nice compliment from a gym member, "You a bodybuilder? Me: Well sort of i haven't done a show yet so i don't consider the title yet but i do plan to! Him: Your a big guy.. Me: Well thanks i really don't think about it that way i just look at it as i work as hard as possible. Him: Well keep it up man cause it's really working for you."
I really don't mind compliments, but people seem to be throwing them at me lately. It's cool but none of it goes to my head but it DOES tell me that i know that what i'm doing is working which is more important than anything to me. ALSO it seems as progress begins to be smaller steps, that those smaller steps are becoming a lot more defining in relation to the body growing. Like before i may have gotten an extra 10 reps but not notice as big of a change as an extra 2 reps with a higher intensity.
Ex.
Say you go from 100 x 10 to 100 x 20, Was a challenge but..
Now it's at least twice as hard because it's 200 x 10 to 200 x 20 double the weight this is just an example. I think i need food right now idk if that made any sense! haha
TRAIN HARD!! :angryfire:

-thetinyguy

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Damn, just found this bro, you knows I got your back :) INNNNNNNNNNNNnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Diet Breakdown 6/25/11
Calories:3650
Protein:306 Grams
After some thought today i decided to eat some more carbs to hopefully help my muscles restore glycogen a little quicker. These workouts are starting to be mentally/physically wearing and last time i added some cal's i felt a lot better. I may have to bump up my calories to maintenance if i chose to keep training this hard. I'll still burn about 1lb of fat/week but the benefit will be i will continue to get the best of both worlds, Supplying my body with enough calories for muscle growth while simultaneously burning fat. It'll be a slow process but i'm still not 100% sure on it. When i wake up tomorrow well just have to see how i feel. Also i've decided on either light cardio/no cardio depending on how my legs feel. This new day on/day off training style is still new to me so i don't think my body is completely adapted to it yet. My plan is to keep pushing through and giving it my best, If in a few weeks i feel worse i'll probably take a week off completely. I really hate not going to the gym but if it's needed, i'll do it.

Tomorrow will be stretching!

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Just woke up after sleeping in as much as i could, First time i woke up to use the bathroom i was STARVING. My body must have liked those calories from yesterday :) Anyways my entire upper body is sore, THANKFULLY my legs fell about 90% so tomorrow for leg day i should be good to go. I'm trying to use soreness as a gauge to how much i'm recovered, i know it isn't really 100% accurate but with conjunction of training numbers i should be able to see on paper if i'm recovered enough to progress. So far so good, i might just need to really buckle down and get through another month. Next week will mark the 4th week of day on/day off training!

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Just woke up after sleeping in as much as i could, First time i woke up to use the bathroom i was STARVING. My body must have liked those calories from yesterday :) Anyways my entire upper body is sore, THANKFULLY my legs fell about 90% so tomorrow for leg day i should be good to go. I'm trying to use soreness as a gauge to how much i'm recovered, i know it isn't really 100% accurate but with conjunction of training numbers i should be able to see on paper if i'm recovered enough to progress. So far so good, i might just need to really buckle down and get through another month. Next week will mark the 4th week of day on/day off training!
I like the day on day off split. It makes you have a rest day which is a must. I've seen too many dudes work out everyday non-stop and eventually get injured and/or plateau. As good as it feels to throw around the iron, its important to get that rest day to let your body recover and grow. Keep working hard brother.

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
I like the day on day off split. It makes you have a rest day which is a must. I've seen too many dudes work out everyday non-stop and eventually get injured and/or plateau. As good as it feels to throw around the iron, its important to get that rest day to let your body recover and grow. Keep working hard brother.
I agree 100%, Tomorrow will be leg day! My legs are just a tiny bit sore but i bet they'll be good by tomorrow! You too.

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Diet Breakdown 6/26/11
Calories:2920
Protein:303 Grams

Tomorrow: LEG DAY

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Awesome workout today! Set pins on PowerRack down another pin so i'm now 4 pins from take-off on squats (All previous days were done at 3 pins). Dropped the weight and i'm gonna work back up to the 300lb area again. I will continue to do this until i either reach ATG or the lowest i can go without knee pain. Doing the lower squats today DESTROYED my legs, In fact the first set i did 20 reps i had such a pump in my hamstring that it was cramping up and i had to wait a few minutes and stretch to do another one. Felt AWESOME, Everything went very well today. Added a few more sets on some exercises as well. Will post lifts later today!!

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
When you are starving when dieting that is a good sign your losing bodyfat. I am guessing and I could be off here that since you have been on a restricted calorie diet and youve upped your calories pretty drastically recently your body is still not used to it and using it very well. Having said that , I know from experience you can not eat this way all the time or youll get fat. When it stops working and your getting more fat than usual reduce carbs (and fats). Keep protein high of course

many guys make the mistake of yeah its working so i better keep eating and they end of fat. It works for a little while but the body always adapts aand you cant gain forever without changing something. Stay on it as long as it is working

Awesome workout today! Set pins on PowerRack down another pin so i'm now 4 pins from take-off on squats (All previous days were done at 3 pins). Dropped the weight and i'm gonna work back up to the 300lb area again. I will continue to do this until i either reach ATG or the lowest i can go without knee pain. Doing the lower squats today DESTROYED my legs, In fact the first set i did 20 reps i had such a pump in my hamstring that it was cramping up and i had to wait a few minutes and stretch to do another one. Felt AWESOME, Everything went very well today. Added a few more sets on some exercises as well. Will post lifts later today!!
hey Nick nice Tip. I may try the squatting down until it hurts. I usually squat atg with not the heaviest weight so I usuallu do not have knee challenges except on heavy leg press at a certain position and maybe hack squats going up in weight

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
When you are starving when dieting that is a good sign your losing bodyfat. I am guessing and I could be off here that since you have been on a restricted calorie diet and youve upped your calories pretty drastically recently your body is still not used to it and using it very well. Having said that , I know from experience you can not eat this way all the time or youll get fat. When it stops working and your getting more fat than usual reduce carbs (and fats). Keep protein high of course

many guys make the mistake of yeah its working so i better keep eating and they end of fat. It works for a little while but the body always adapts aand you cant gain forever without changing something. Stay on it as long as it is working

hey Nick nice Tip. I may try the squatting down until it hurts. I usually squat atg with not the heaviest weight so I usuallu do not have knee challenges except on heavy leg press at a certain position and maybe hack squats going up in weight
The past few days i think i just used honestly as a "re-feed" or something, Because now i'm back to eating less it's working good/easier for me. I'm also focusing more on BCAA's rather than Whey so i can save some calories for food or for a deficit. So far today i'm a little over 2,000 and i'm at 258 grams of protein including BCAA's, i'll probably have 1 more 10g serving of BCAA's and a meal. I'm gonna aim for 2500-2750 until i get run down again and "re-feed" some calories/carbs. Pretty much i'm going to cycle my calories! It honestly might just be from my body trying to adapt to this new way of training, I've often read that it takes around 1 month for your body/CNS to adapt to a training routine as far as frequency wise. After this month is over i should start seeing some HUGE jumps in progress considering my central nervous system will have adapted to the new frequency. I do notice as i keep going through this new training style that at first i was completely out of energy but now it seems to be coming back even stronger. I'll eventually work up to 2x/week training but i'll stick with this day on/day off for another month or so. I would like to be pretty lean before i take a week off and setup for 2x/week.
Also for squatting i was extremely surprised how fast i acclimated squatting deeper. After about 2 sets i felt comfortable enough to start throwing more weight on the bar. That drastic difference in my depth only decreased my weight about 40-50% not too shabby considering i've never squatted so low and it's like an entire new challenge. With the "squat depth cycles" i have set up i should be very strong through the entire ROM, I work up to about 300lbs then drop 1 pin lower, So every time i go lower it's not as hard PLUS you see a ton of growth! So i pretty much started squatting 1/4 reps and now i'm down to what is considered a "Full" squat. But i got tons and tons of growth just from slowly increasing the ROM. I might adopt this to my other body parts IF i stop seeing progress. I can't wait to deadlift i'm chomping at the bit to do them but i'm waiting until i'm out of cutting.

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Leg Day!! 6/27/11
Duration: approx. 1 hour 30min.
Mood: A little nervous due to the weight but i made the decision to drop down another pin on the squat rack!
Energy: Good, wasn't as high as normal but was still very solid.
Other notes: Today i decided to drop down another pin on the power-rack which added a good 6 or so inches to my squat depth.
Lifts:
Barbell Back Squats-in Power Rack with safety pins set at 4th pin. Slow/controlled! All new PR's, this is officially parallel. My knee pain has pretty much diminished so from now on i will probably stick right here, I may go even lower but well see when we get there.
95 x 20 *PR* To be safe i decided to start light, to get used to the lower part of the movement.
95 x 30 *PR* For the first time ever.... Inner thigh/hamstring pump..Felt CRAZY.
115 x 10 *PR* Took it easy on these i didn't know how it would feel did slow/controlled reps.
135 x 16 *PR* Pushed these pretty hard, felt comfortable with depth.
155 x 6 *PR* Because i HAD to have that lower rep set! I really think i could have done more but since this was new depth/form i didn't want to push it.
Notes: I'll be completely honest i don't think i've ever had such a hard squat session, My legs actually HURT right now but i'm very sure it's just from the fascia being stretched/pumped.
Lying Leg Curls- Did these a little more controlled than usual, Felt strong today! I honestly wouldn't have cared if i progressed on these today because the squats were really tough.
75 x 18 *PR* +3 Reps
90 x 15 *PR* +4 Reps
105 x 12 *PR* +2 Reps
120 x 7 *PR* +1 Rep
Notes: Didn't really use any cheat reps this week, last week i used them but today i had control.
Seated Leg Extensions *Plate Loaded*-These are done with 1 second up, then a static hold at top for 2 seconds and then lowered slowly at a count of 4-5 seconds. Rest pause utilized. Did a few more sets today :)
230 x 16 *PR* Rest/Pause utilized, Last rep was held until quads gave out.
255 x 10 *PR* R/P Utilized, Again last rep was held.
255 x 6 *PR* No R/P on this set but held last rep.
Notes: From now on i'm going to keep doing sets until i cannot get more than 6. It seems to break down/stimulate the muscle more and allow for more growth. (At least i feel it will)
45 Degree Seated Calve Raises- Stayed in heavy sets with last rep static holds. Didn't burn as much but i used heavier weight + more controlled reps.
180 x 18 *PR*
180 x 13 *PR*
180 x 11 *PR*
180 x 8 *PR*

Pre-Workout: GNC NO Loaded 1 scoop - Thankfully i'm almost done with this stuff and i have a bunch of Maniac and Hemo-Rage UC samples to use! :)
Intra-Workout: 4 Scoops AI RecoverPRO - Decided to add in another scoop to get some more BCAA's. 4 scoops = 24G BCAA's = 96 Grams Protein!
Post-Workout: 10g Dymatize Micronized Creatine Mono, 4 Scoops EAS Whey + 1 cup of Prunes for carbs *Approx 100g Carbohydrates( i think these will work very well, i get a sugar rush haha ) Cell-Tech was 70g Carbs but it did have BCAA's and creatine. I just don't have the money for it i'd rather spend it on food.
Afterthoughts: I don't know how to put this without it sounding wrong but seriously my ass is killing me, these new depth squats literally kicked my ass. After i did them the rest of the workout my legs hurt. The rest of the workout went a little slower than usual due to the squats. That's probably why this weeks workout was 30 minutes longer because i did a few more overall sets, Incredibly productive session to say the LEAST. Really glad my back/bi's are feeling pretty close to ready for another session. This is a small sign that my body is getting adapted because when i first started i needed those full 6 days but now i seem to be ready about a day early. The soreness is diminishing a little quicker but my chest/shoulders/tri's and legs are inconclusive because I've changed some variables such as; how i do the exercise or a new exercise completely. So it'll be a few more weeks before i know if i can tell if i can move up in frequency but as of right now everything is working very well. Remember my goal is to adopt a higher frequency training style WHILE still improving strength/size and if my body can do all of this in a caloric deficit, i have NO doubts it'll work twice as good when i start eating above maintenance. I'm not really sure how i'll train bodyparts every 5 days. If i do this i'll start with probably just 2 sets and then go from there but then again i'll probably end up just doing 3.. :saevil:
TRAIN HARD!

-thetinyguy

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The past few days i think i just used honestly as a "re-feed" or something, Because now i'm back to eating less it's working good/easier for me. I'm also focusing more on BCAA's rather than Whey so i can save some calories for food or for a deficit. So far today i'm a little over 2,000 and i'm at 258 grams of protein including BCAA's, i'll probably have 1 more 10g serving of BCAA's and a meal. I'm gonna aim for 2500-2750 until i get run down again and "re-feed" some calories/carbs. Pretty much i'm going to cycle my calories! It honestly might just be from my body trying to adapt to this new way of training, I've often read that it takes around 1 month for your body/CNS to adapt to a training routine as far as frequency wise. After this month is over i should start seeing some HUGE jumps in progress considering my central nervous system will have adapted to the new frequency. I do notice as i keep going through this new training style that at first i was completely out of energy but now it seems to be coming back even stronger. I'll eventually work up to 2x/week training but i'll stick with this day on/day off for another month or so. I would like to be pretty lean before i take a week off and setup for 2x/week.
Also for squatting i was extremely surprised how fast i acclimated squatting deeper. After about 2 sets i felt comfortable enough to start throwing more weight on the bar. That drastic difference in my depth only decreased my weight about 40-50% not too shabby considering i've never squatted so low and it's like an entire new challenge. With the "squat depth cycles" i have set up i should be very strong through the entire ROM, I work up to about 300lbs then drop 1 pin lower, So every time i go lower it's not as hard PLUS you see a ton of growth! So i pretty much started squatting 1/4 reps and now i'm down to what is considered a "Full" squat. But i got tons and tons of growth just from slowly increasing the ROM. I might adopt this to my other body parts IF i stop seeing progress. I can't wait to deadlift i'm chomping at the bit to do them but i'm waiting until i'm out of cutting.
Calorie cycling is very effective like on off days lower it. On intense days like legs and back bump the calories up and on chest triceps, shoulders, arms days maybe moderate- not set in stone just something I keep in mind

Remember as you gain muscle your overall calroies have to move up to support that growth or you'll go back down to where you were and lose that muscle.

Yeah full range of motion deep-is a good on squats in my opinion. Keep up the good work buddy

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Calorie cycling is very effective like on off days lower it. On intense days like legs and back bump the calories up and on chest triceps, shoulders, arms days maybe moderate- not set in stone just something I keep in mind

Remember as you gain muscle your overall calroies have to move up to support that growth or you'll go back down to where you were and lose that muscle.

Yeah full range of motion deep-is a good on squats in my opinion. Keep up the good work buddy
I agree, i honestly am about to say Muscle-Tech Cell-Tech maybe did something to my hunger because i find myself at 2300 calories so far for the day especially on LEG DAY. Feeling just a little bit hungry, i'm gonna go with what my body is telling me and eat around 2700 today. I'm still wayyyy up there in protein for the day and i'm not lethargic or anything, Maybe my body is getting in the grove with the training?? Has to be! This is very good if true! Well have to see how i feel tomorrow :D

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Diet Breakdown 6/27/11

Calories:2800
Protein:351 Grams
Utilized more BCAA's from RecoverPro today to get some more protein. I think i'll cut one out though around 300 should be good but well see..

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Today i was expecting to be crippled by soreness but it seems like it's mostly just my glute/hamstring/a little bit of calves. Even though i trained my quads really really hard they don't seem to be sore but i have no doubt in my mind my glutes/ham's are about to start growing! Today i will focus on eating less calories and resuming my fat loss. If i get down to feeling run down or out of energy again i'll just have 1 day of refeed at maintenance or slightly above on a training day.

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Now since my back/bi training has been relatively the same, i'm going to add in some cable exercises starting tomorrow such as: Straight arm pull downs and straight bar cable curls. I might bring something with sugar tomorrow since my workout will more than likely be a little longer than usual. I have great confidence that if i'm supplied some carbs as i train that i'll be able to train a lot longer. Knowing that around 2 hours with no carbs into training i can see a drop in performance, the carbs should give me some more fuel to use to train an extra amount of time. Well see though, i might just knuckle up and bash through some sets. I know it won't be easy, but it'll take my conditioning/recovery to a new level and will do wonders for my future bulk where i will emphasize High/volume Heavy Weight sessions. I probably will not move up the frequency like said before because just doing this in one day will give myself more recovery time. Of course this will be very difficult at first but there's no doubt in my mind it'll work! There might be a point where i have 3 hour sessions! But until then we'll see..

Diet Breakdown 6/28/11
Calories:2580
Protein:296 Grams

Felt really really good today even though my legs are pretty sore. Back/Bi's are feeling 200% can't wait to train them tomorrow!

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Calories and protein look good. Do you know how many grams of carbohydrates you are taking in (just interested)? If you're going to be in the gym for those extended periods of time I would definitely look into some kind of fast absorbing carb source. When I was using Sean Burch's training philosophy I would spend two hours in the gym, and I was using the power gels that runners use because I would bonk half way through (very intense training philosophy). Keep working hard bro.

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Calories and protein look good. Do you know how many grams of carbohydrates you are taking in (just interested)? If you're going to be in the gym for those extended periods of time I would definitely look into some kind of fast absorbing carb source. When I was using Sean Burch's training philosophy I would spend two hours in the gym, and I was using the power gels that runners use because I would bonk half way through (very intense training philosophy). Keep working hard bro.
Honestly i have no idea on carbs, They're not super high but they're not super low. My energy is stable right now but i know in another week i may need a carb-refeed like what your doing. I'll look into those power-gels anything that can fuel me through these workouts will help without a doubt. I know for a FACT Arnold must have had food or something while training because 4/5 hours training would make me hungry as sh*t!! I bet he took a mini break then started back up.

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
"I swear to god i'll be horrifying ,a freak of nature, i'll look like a monster out of a horror film that everyone fleas in fear that i will crush them. This is what is seen by the untrained eye but to those who know me i am the humble monster in the human flesh."

-thetinyguy :angryfire:

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
ALRIGHT!! So after some added volume today, Not only did i get a bunch of PR's but i'm able to handle more volume easier than i thought. I did more exercises today (Rope pull downs for lats/teres, EZ Bar Cable curls) Not only that but i did add in some sets on other exercises. It wasn't easy but i still did have some strength in me! I think my entire workout was a little over 2 hours, Didn't have much of a problem but i'm really really tired right now. It's all worth it because i know this will increase my work capacity and further my gains! Will post numbers up later :) Also i consumed a majority of my daily protein around my workout so this should be extremely effective since not only i worked harder but added needed nutrients around the correct time. I'll be having a lot more carbs today that's for sure!

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Back/Bi's 6/29/11
Duration: approx. 2 hours 15 min.
Mood: Excited and ready to train hard!
Energy: Through the roof!
Other notes: Today i added more volume as well as doing a slight warm-up then a Reverse Pyramid style to focus more on heavier weight.
Lifts
Assisted Overhand Wide-Grip Pull Ups- Straps used. Getting very close to unassisted!!
-50 x 11 *PR* +3 Reps, Also did 3 negatives.
-40 x 14 *PR* +8 Reps, Also did 2 negatives.
-20 x 6 *PR* Also did 2 negatives.
Notes: You can literally SEE how big a difference reverse pyramiding made! Before i would start light and move up but honestly if your form isn't absolute crap you won't risk an injury just make sure you can control it!
Assisted Hammer-Grip Pull Ups- Straps used. Considering my arms get fried from wide grip these are still improving fairly well.
-80 x 18 *PR* Also did 1 negative.
-60 x 11 *PR* Also did 2 negatives.
-50 x 9 *PR* +3 Reps, Also did 2 negatives.
Lat Isolation Pulldowns(Using Ab Straps)
100 x 30 *PR* +5 Reps, Last rep was held.
120 x 30 *PR* Last rep was held.
150 x 14 *PR* +8 Reps, Last rep was held.
160 x 11 *PR*
1-Arm DB Row (Leg on bench)- Was too spent from all the previous exercises, still got in a set even though i didn't beat last week.
130 x 10
DB Shrugs- Tried doing these a little differently, used lighter weight and more reps.
50 x 12
60 x 50 *PR*
DB Concentration Curls- Rest pause and negatives utilized.
15 x 100 *HUGE PR* I initially was just going to aim for 50 or 75 but i literally just grinded them out. Probably the most pain I've been in ever! Done standing.
25 x 16 Straight set.
25 x 7 Straight set.
45 x 10 *PR* +5 Reps
Standing Barbell Wrist Curls- Weight is total of 45Lbs bar + plates.
45 x 100 *PR* +25 Reps
Standing DB Hammer Curls- Got 2 sets in.
40 x 23 *PR* +2 Reps
45 x 21 *PR*
Rope Row (AKA Face Pull)- I did a variation of these but i pulled down a little more to hit the teres major/rear delt felt awesome.
30 x 10 *PR*
30 x 12 *PR*
EZ Bar Cable Curls- Used these last 2 cable exercises to kill it all!
50 x 8 *PR*
70 x 10 *PR*

Pre-Workout: GNC NO Loaded 1 scoop, I think i probably have a week or so of this stuff left.
Intra-Workout: 4 Scoops AI RecoverPro Lemon flavored.
Post-Workout: 4 scoops EAS Whey + 1 Cup Whole Grain Oats.
Afterthoughts: I handled the extra volume today very well, still had good energy but my strength was down towards the end. It's probably honestly because i needed more water, easy enough i'll just drink more water! I also tried a contrast shower today PWO and i noticed a small decrease in my leg soreness which is pretty cool. I'll keep doing them and see how i feel in a week or so, I'll be posting pic's up this weekend as well to show my progress. I swear i'm becoming a lot more filled out/bigger as i'm getting leaner. Now since i have my diet stable and fat loss is consistent, it's only a matter of time! I'm excited to see how my body will adapt over the next few weeks. Until then..
Keep training hard!

-thetinyguy

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sorry for the late entry, but I'm SUBd, catching up with it all as we speak!!!

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Good work on those pull-ups bro! I like "the FACE PULL" sounds beasty haha! keep it up. Looking forward to reading "Pull-Up 3x10 Unassisted"

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Sorry for the late entry, but I'm SUBd, catching up with it all as we speak!!!

Thanks for the support!

Good work on those pull-ups bro! I like "the FACE PULL" sounds beasty haha! keep it up. Looking forward to reading "Pull-Up 3x10 Unassisted"
Thanks man, i'm pumped to start getting unassisted pull-ups. I might start doing them with a small "kip" but either way it's my body weight! Yeah the face pulls are pretty awesome, I'm looking forward to weighted pull ups soon :firedevil:

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
DIET BREAKDOWN 6/29/11
Calories:2900
Protein:356 Grams (including BCAA's)

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Diet Breakdown 6/30/11
Calories:2710
Protein:293 Grams

Notes: DOMS is really starting to kick in in my back/bi's. It's funny because this morning i was perfectly fine but now i find myself sore as hell! That extra volume definitely had an impact, I'll be incorporating more volume into Chest/Shoulders/Tri's tomorrow as well considering they all feel like they are lagging (Especially shoulders) Well folks, tomorrow is going to be a veryyy long day. I plan to throw at LEAST 1/2 sets on the exercises i have and i also plan to add in: Cable Crossovers, Close Grip Bench w/barbell, Seated Barbell OH Press and decline skull crushers. Looking forward to these new exercises tomorrow :)

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Holllllyyyyyy sh****t, let me just tell you guys that i just had the best Chest/Shoulders/Tri's workout EVER. Even with all that added volume i did it in LESS time than before!! I seriously felt like i didn't even need rest between sets. This increase in testosterone is making a HUGGEE difference, i seriously can't even fathom how crazy i would be on gear. EVERYTHING FEELS LIKE ITS ABOUT TO BLOW THE FCK UP!! After my workout i had to stop and get gas and this Speedway was packed, Never been stared at so much in my life but i gotta say it felt good :) Will post diet/workout numbers later tonight as i'm gonna go to a fireworks festival. Time to do some eating!