Thermolife at it again!

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
What if they win the lawsuit. What would that prove? A temporary hiccup on the suppliers end?
It will make companies selling it look bad, and I think in Ron’s head steer companies back to buying his nitrate patents.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It will make companies selling it look bad, and I think in Ron’s head steer companies back to buying his nitrate patents.
Maybe or expose crap raw suppliers.

TommyTuffGuy

TommyTuffGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Gonna give me flashbacks of the good old days mentioning Avant Labs haha.

I hope you're doing well.
I used to have tons of Avant Labs products. Half exploded in my bathroom cupboard for some reason. ha.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I used to have tons of Avant Labs products. Half exploded in my bathroom cupboard for some reason. ha.
Ha. I never had any of them explode; no idea why or how that would have happened. Hopefully didn't make too big of a mess for you. I definitely used my fair share of them back in the days. I had plenty of stopped up containers and messes but that wasn't their fault imo, just the way the containers were back then. Avant definitely had some great innovative and ahead of their time products.

unitas27

unitas27

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ha. I never had any of them explode; no idea why or how that would have happened. Hopefully didn't make too big of a mess for you. I definitely used my fair share of them back in the days. I had plenty of stopped up containers and messes but that wasn't their fault imo, just the way the containers were back then. Avant definitely had some great innovative and ahead of their time products.
Avant was awesome, their TD hormones were very novel at the time, circa 2002-2003. Remember the nasal spray In-Rage?
Caleb Stone,the former owner of Avant Labs now runs a company called Neobium focusing on Probiotics.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Avant was awesome, their TD hormones were very novel at the time, circa 2002-2003. Remember the nasal spray In-Rage?
Caleb Stone,the former owner of Avant Labs now runs a company called Neobium focusing on Probiotics.
I tried pm'ing you because I didn't want to keep bumping this thread talking about things off subject but your box was full. Feel free to pm me.

I had forgot about In-Rage before you mentioned it but I do remember it now. I knew about Caleb's company Neobium; they look like great products. He's a brilliant guy. The dermal carrier that he used is the best I've ever used (no disrespect meant to any other companies).

scump

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think at this point given the ratio of supplements to law suits that thermolife pump out, thermolife is no longer a supplement company but instead a law firm.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I think at this point given the ratio of supplements to law suits that thermolife pump out, thermolife is no longer a supplement company but instead a law firm.
Exactly

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I wonder why they didn't list the products, that seems unsafe since products turn up all the time that have been dc'ed for many years...hell some guys even have bottles of the original stimx.

or maybe public health has very little to do with it???
Most likely about the "bottom line", which is most companies number 1 non publicized moto.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Most likely about the "bottom line", which is most companies number 1 non publicized moto.
duh, that is a no-brainer of course bottom line is going to be important, I don't know anyone who goes into a business NOT wanting to make money.

I am talking about why the products weren't named in lawsuit?

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
duh, that is a no-brainer of course bottom line is going to be important, I don't know anyone who goes into a business NOT wanting to make money.

I am talking about why the products weren't named in lawsuit?
Maybe weren't competing against them?

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
it's a dept of justice lawsuit...yeah, i'm pretty sure they aren't competing against them, lol.
Meant against the supplement ingredients of other companies lol.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
That’s why retail company’s should do a 3rd party testing and then we will know like companies such as sponsored company’s on here before selling it then it would save us the Hassle of having crap
Valid, but remember that nothing is proven yet, just that thermolife has decided to put forward a case.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Meant against the supplement ingredients of other companies lol.
other companies...are you kidding me?

the dept of justice is not a supplement company.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
other companies...are you kidding me?

the dept of justice is not a supplement company.
They have a lawsuit against the DOJ? I think I am responding to something I do not fully understand lol.

00A

00A

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good because you may all hate thermolife but there some truth to this. Sparta supps seemed dodgy to me hence they discounted half there stuff and now sell hardly anything.. staying away from this brand

DEVANS89

DEVANS89

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Good because you may all hate thermolife but there some truth to this. Sparta supps seemed dodgy to me hence they discounted half there stuff and now sell hardly anything.. staying away from this brand
I think what Sparta did was change brand direction because they knew they would make more money and have less hassle if they followed the ghost style of business

How did Sparta seem dodgy to you?

Yes they made pro hormones but they don’t now

00A

00A

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think what Sparta did was change brand direction because they knew they would make more money and have less hassle if they followed the ghost style of business

How did Sparta seem dodgy to you?

Yes they made pro hormones but they don’t now
Changed direction but discounted 80percent of their products. Huum why?? Threw two of there laxo bottles unopened in the bin the other day after running two bottles of bunk laxo

carguy123

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Changed direction but discounted 80percent of their products. Huum why?? Threw two of there laxo bottles unopened in the bin the other day after running two bottles of bunk laxo
I'm really confused where you are going with this? The completely rebranded their entire lineup, thats why the dumped everything on discount. They pretty much dropped any questionable/grey area products.
Now if you think its suspect as to why they changed their lineup so rapidly that also confuses me. I wonder if the FDA sent them a warning or if something happened to spook them. Or maybe that was their plan the whole time, make a killing in the first year selling grey area supps to build up the bankroll and then switch over to more mainstream products

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
All these lawsuits as well as the Braun/singerman indictments. This is an interesting time for the industry.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I thought DMHA was still legal to have in a supplement?
All supplements need to fall under DSHEA regulations , proven to come from nature to be technically “legal.” If I understand this correctly.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
All supplements need to fall under DSHEA regulations , proven to come from nature to be technically “legal.” If I understand this correctly.
Dmha is found in nature to my knowlege.

m1k3_d0z4

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was just about to post the link for the Sparta lawsuit.....

So is Thermolife trying to be the police of the supplement industry? I mean, I’m all for cleaning up the industry and calling out shady companies, but this is crazy!

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I was just about to post the link for the Sparta lawsuit.....

So is Thermolife trying to be the police of the supplement industry? I mean, I’m all for cleaning up the industry and calling out shady companies, but this is crazy!
Bingo. Playing supplement cop will ultimately hurt everyone over time. You give the government more power, they are willing to take it, and abuse it.

m1k3_d0z4

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I just don’t understand how TL can claim that these “shady” companies are unleveling the playing field, when TL hasn’t released a product in years. I get it, they’re trying to protect the use of their patents, but they have no products on the market!

Reactions: ax1
rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
For those of us that believe in individual freedoms to decide to take things like DMHA thermolife is annoying as hell, but when they go after something that is false advertising it does help us.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just don’t understand how TL can claim that these “shady” companies are unleveling the playing field, when TL hasn’t released a product in years. I get it, they’re trying to protect the use of their patents, but they have no products on the market!
They supply licensing of their patented ingredients to other companies so they will protect that interest of those companies as well to the fullest extent. They will call it unfair competition when they play by DSHEA rules and other companies don’t, or incorrectly label products.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dmha is found in nature to my knowlege.

Keep in mind is a difference between claiming and/or proving it to the public opinion, but ultimately it comes down proving it to the FDA.

Personally I dunno much about DMHA so don’t have an opinion at the moment.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Keep in mind is a difference between claiming and/or proving it to the public opinion, but ultimately it comes down proving it to the FDA.

Personally I dunno much about DMHA so don’t have an opinion at the moment.
Similar to DMAA, just not as potent, so requires 3x the dose to get the same effect.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Disclaimer: I always give my honest opinion but I’m officially biased. Don’t want to deceive anyone here and if any mod doesn’t allow me to discuss this topic please let me know and I’ll keep out :)

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Disclaimer: I always give my honest opinion but I’m officially biased. Don’t want to deceive anyone here and if any mod doesn’t allow me to discuss this topic please let me know and I’ll keep out :)
I would like to know your opinion. Don't see how it would break any rules.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would like to know your opinion. Don't see how it would break any rules.
I’m affiliated with them for 10 years and simply want to be open about that and honest with you guys. Companies pay to have a voice here, so it’s a respect thing too.

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Was hoping you would show :)

thatsuppguy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The Kardashians of the supplement industry. Just sue everyone and settle out of court for what you can.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The Kardashians of the supplement industry. Just sue everyone and settle out of court for what you can.
They certainly stand out and get attention in the supplement scene, but its like that in every industry. Do you have a Apple or Android phone in your pocket? They have countless lawyers working on patent lawsuits daily, and we are talking billions of dollars and then throw in all the tech thats involved with the phones such as Qualcomm and Intel, its really massive. Generally this is part of business, I can understand why people get frustrated and upset on both ends. People wanna just buy things they want and are displeased when change happens...for better or for worse people will decide for themselves.

thatsuppguy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
They certainly stand out and get attention in the supplement scene, but its like that in every industry. Do you have a Apple or Android phone in your pocket? They have countless lawyers working on patent lawsuits daily, and we are talking billions of dollars and then throw in all the tech thats involved with the phones such as Qualcomm and Intel, its really massive. Generally this is part of business, I can understand why people get frustrated and upset on both ends. People wanna just buy things they want and are displeased when change happens...for better or for worse people will decide for themselves.
I get that. What turned me off to TL was when they started google searching websites that were selling Hemavo2 and started sending them threatening emails. So to me, it was more than just part of business. But to each their own.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
For those of us that believe in individual freedoms to decide to take things like DMHA thermolife is annoying as hell, but when they go after something that is false advertising it does help us.
as of now it is nothing more than a claim...could it be there is strategic value in just putting this lawsuit out there, as many people will assume there must be truth to it?

DEVANS89

DEVANS89

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I get that. What turned me off to TL was when they started google searching websites that were selling Hemavo2 and started sending them threatening emails. So to me, it was more than just part of business. But to each their own.
What was wrong with hemavo2?

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
as of now it is nothing more than a claim...could it be there is strategic value in just putting this lawsuit out there, as many people will assume there must be truth to it?
I am a strong believer in due process. If Thermolife is just trying to slander competitors I hope it is made very clear to the public(us), and they take a financial hit for what they put businesses through.

DEVANS89

DEVANS89

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It was the whole creatine nitrate fiasco.
I’m going to check my tubs didn’t realise there was any in thought it was creatine hcl

Unless they swapped and I’ve got like v2 tubs or something

I remember max out got reformulated too