Awards
Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Ice cream updates from Canada
GNO

Halo Top is in Ontario!
Currently found in Metro and other high end grocery chains.

Also new to us is Haagen Dazs non dairy line including:
PB Chocolate Fudge
Chocolate Salted Fudge Truffle
Coconut Caramel

+ new Matcha Green Tea from HD

And Christie brand released full sized 1.5L tubs of new:
Chips Ahoy
Rolo Cheesecake

Sorry if most of that is old news to US members, exciting for us to have more variety.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Halo top coming out with blueberry crumble... should be awesome

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Graeter's Dark Chocolate Fudge Brownie:

Graeter's Baked goods from the Cincy Shop that were overnighted to me

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Graeter's Dark Chocolate Fudge Brownie:

Graeter's Baked goods from the Cincy Shop that were overnighted to me

didnt even know they did baked stuff... any good?

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
didnt even know they did baked stuff... any good?
Yeah they do all baked stuff in their main cincy shop.
Here you go:

https://www.graeters.com/bakery

They had it overnight shipped to the shop I visit in columbus.
CheeseCrowns (Far right) are to die for. Donuts were fantastic, the other items were all top notch. Incredibly fresh, rich, and had a dense doughy texture.

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Graeter's S'mores

going back tomorrow for Fudge Brownie
Where are you getting graeters from? What location. They don't sell it in my stores, they didn't have the flavor when I went to their store in Pittsburg

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Where are you getting graeters from? What location. They don't sell it in my stores, they didn't have the flavor when I went to their store in Pittsburg
I went to the scoop shop in Columbus for the Arnold.
I get it local from my Giant Eagles and they have it there in Pittsburgh too.
Graeter's has a scoop shop in Wexford in Pittsburgh
10610 Perry Hwy, Wexford, PA 15090

So plenty of places to grab it.

boobie45

Awards
Choice of graeters in my grocery:
mocha choc chip
choc chip
double choc chip
mint choc
black cherry choc

What to go with? Eying mocha, choc or double choc

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Choice of graeters in my grocery:
mocha choc chip
choc chip
double choc chip
mint choc
black cherry choc

What to go with? Eying mocha, choc or double choc
If you like Mint --> Get mint
Mocha --> If you like coffee
Double Chocolate Chip is a safe bet.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Shake
Grade: B+
http://theicecreaminformant.freeforums.net/thread/538/ben-jerrys-chocolate-shake

"Chocolate Malt Milkshake Ice Cream with Chocolate Cookie-Covered Fudge Truffles & Marshmallow Swirls"

The chocolate malt milkshake ice cream is a huge upgrade from the mediocre chocolate base Ben &
Jerry’s is known for. The combination of malt and milk chocolate gives you the vibe of sipping on a
Wendy’s frosty.

The chocolate cookie covered fudge truffles are easily the best of the truffle mix-ins. Take a ball of milk
chocolate and coat it in crushed up oreo cookies. The crunchiness of the outside cookie shell, and the
pairing of the milk chocolate center enhance the experience of the ice cream base. The real star of the
show is the marshmallow swirl. Just like in “One Sweet World” this is consistent from top to bottom.
Bob, where did you pick the Chocolate Shake It Up Truffles from?

I havent seen it at Kroger or Wal-Mart here, but havent checked anywhere else yet. Sounding kind of good the past few days.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Bob, where did you pick the Chocolate Shake It Up Truffles from?

I havent seen it at Kroger or Wal-Mart here, but havent checked anywhere else yet. Sounding kind of good the past few days.
Click on the link
right at the bottom
Found: Giant Eagle

I would personally go get the new graeter's flavors since your close to a shop. The truffles ruin the pints (all of them) . B&J should re-do them the feedback across the board is pretty bad. The chocolate base could be better, but its a step up from the mediocre chocolate base in their OG pints.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Click on the link
right at the bottom

I would personally go get the new graeter's flavors since your close to a shop. The truffles ruin the pints (all of them) . B&J should re-do them the feedback across the board is pretty bad. The chocolate base could be better, but its a step up from the mediocre chocolate base in their OG pints.
Appreciate it. I actually clicked the link, saw it took me to an ice cream forum and closed it out since I'd already read your review and assumed it was copy/paste.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Picked up some of the new protein ice creams that just came out here in Sweden. We don't have Halo Top etc but we are getting more and more Swedish brands jumping on it. I'll be trying these tonight!

IMG_8930.jpg

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Oh man crunch ice cream bars? What’s that nutrition panel look like?

❤ Ice cream sandwiches if it’s that style

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Went to my Target (regular, not a Super) to scope ice cream. Thought they had more of a selection, but literally only one cooler on the end lol. Only one brand "Velvet."

Grabbed a pint of Buckeye. Figured it wouldn't be great at 200 cal, but it was just bad lol. Womp womp.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Clementines Cinnamon Apple Pie:
http://theicecreaminformant.freeforums.net/thread/532/clementines-cinnamon-apple-pie
Grade: B-

"Vietnamese Cinnamon Ice cream with scratch made Apple Pie Chunks"

The cinnamon ice cream is flawless. If you could imagine the purest and richest cinnamon ice cream this is exactly it. Clementine's delivers on their density and thickness provided in their ice cream base. The resemblance of custard on top of the unimpaired ice cream alone makes for an incredible base.

The Apple pie chunks included as the mix-in were great. There is only one problem there was nothing more then what was garnished on top. There were 4 large chunks of apple pie pieces that struck the surface, and after that is was all base.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Click on the link
right at the bottom

I actually really enjoyed the cheesecake truffle flavor with the cookie swirl... solid 9/10 For me

boobie45

Awards
Gelato Fiasco Deep Maine Woods:

Man! This had SOO much potential. The chocolate base is nice & rich, nothing crazy but solid! Similar base to their Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramel! But I only got 2 small swirls of caramel @ the end & my god -they were amazing. This could have been an 8.5/10 pint but due to lack of mix-ins i'll give it 6.5/7 out of 10. The "honey comb chips" more or less tasted just like chocolate flecks & there were a decent amount of them. 3/4 of them pint just tasted like a chocolate stracciatella.

Overall - if you want GF I would 100% get PB Stracciatella, Almond Butter Chunk, Torched Marshmellow S'mores or Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramel.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Overall - if you want GF I would 100% get PB Stracciatella, Almond Butter Chunk, Torched Marshmellow S'mores or Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramel.
Don't forget the Mascarpone. One of the best on their line. If you like Coffee Espresso Chip is a sleeper. The new Chocolate PB cup is deadly good.

boobie45

Awards
Don't forget the Mascarpone. One of the best on their line. If you like Coffee Espresso Chip is a sleeper. The new Chocolate PB cup is deadly good.
Totally forgot about Espresso Chip! Great flavor especially for us coffee lovers! Wasn't a huge fan of mascarpone because I don't really like the nut mix ins but base was solid - not worth it for me thought especially how good almond butter + pb strac are! Haven't seen Choc PB cup but have seen sunken treasure in my grocery.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Totally forgot about Espresso Chip! Great flavor especially for us coffee lovers! Wasn't a huge fan of mascarpone because I don't really like the nut mix ins but base was solid - not worth it for me thought especially how good almond butter + pb strac are! Haven't seen Choc PB cup but have seen sunken treasure in my grocery.
Beware. Pretzels are Stale.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
New target exclusive

S’mores with upgrade swirls from candy bar pie (pretzel) and fudge covered almonds
The regular chocolate base though ughhh

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Another S’more flavor coming from B and J

Those damn fudge flakes again ....

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
These just arrived to my local store, will giving them a go on saturday.

breyers.jpg

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Finally went to a Graeters last night. Got the Smores and it was as wonderful as I hoped.

Also saw Magnum ice cream bars at Wal-Mart today and grabbed the double caramel -- very good.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Magnum White Chocolate Vanilla
Grade: B+
http://theicecreaminformant.freeforums.net/thread/542/magnum-white-chocolate-vanilla

"Vanilla Ice cream and white chocolate shards in a crackling white chocolate shell."

The white chocolate shards pack a luscious amount of flavor that surpassed New Orleans ice cream company's white chocolate bread pudding by a landslide

If you ever had McConnell's I label it the best on the market right next to Graeter's for a vanilla base. Both companies provide a way to enhance the sweetness of a vanilla and make it stand out among the ice cream crowd.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Ben & Jerry's Chillin’ The Roast Truffles
Grade: B+ (I am biased towards coffee flavored ice cream, for many this will vary greatly)
http://theicecreaminformant.freeforums.net/thread/539/ben-jerrys-chillin-roast-truffles

"Cold brew coffee ice cream with chocolate cookie-covered coffee liqueur truffles and fudge swirls."

The cold brew coffee ice cream in Chillin’ the Roast Truffles ice cream is strong. If you remember
“Brewed to Matter” this is an upgrade to the original coffee base.

The coffee liqueur is bold, and by bold I mean
very noticeable. This is easily the strongest booze aspect they have included in their lineup. The brandy
touch is a great combination when paired with coffee, but again this may be too overwhelming for most consumers.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Found it

IMG_1315.jpg

Review to come

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Kroger had new B&J chocolate shake, smores, and caramel chocolate cheesecake. As well as Graeters Smores.

Love the flavor of the chocolate malt base. Honestly wish it was just that and marshmallow swirls.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Kroger had new B&J chocolate shake, smores, and caramel chocolate cheesecake. As well as Graeters Smores.

Love the flavor of the chocolate malt base. Honestly wish it was just that and marshmallow swirls.
The truffles ruin the new series of flavors
I got the new target S’mores I’ll post my review of it soon

Just a FYI it’s going to be the biggest sleeper on their lineup. It’s more of a sweet and salty rocky road

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The truffles aren't "bad," but they just don't add anything, IMO. Thst That malt flavor was wonderful.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Found it

View attachment 161909

Review to come
Ice cream base flavour is apple pie 100% with additional cinnamon on/in the pie crust mix in, which was really more of an apple crumble IMO but didn’t care because it was great lol. The Rum is more a mild undertone than a prominent part of the taste, you can tell it’s there but in no way enhances the pint.

Issue is quantity of mix ins, for mix-in fans. There were a few “golden bites” with lots of crumble and apple taste but the rest of the pint was lacklustre in that regard.
Someone impartial to mix-ins would call this a 9.5-10/10,
but because this is AM I know the crowd here would probably rank it closer to a 7.5-8

Mix-in fan or not if you enjoy apple pie & ice cream, worth trying. Was worth the cals & cost for me

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
B&J Gimme Smore is good.

Almost reminds me more of the cookies and cream cheesecake core and less like a Smore, but it's a good flavor and good on mix-ins

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
B&J Gimme Smore is good.

Almost reminds me more of the cookies and cream cheesecake core and less like a Smore, but it's a good flavor and good on mix-ins
The base is the furthest thing from a Marshmallow flavor. They should relabel it Sweet Cream Cookies & Cream.
That flavor is getting raped on reviews because it doesn't even come close a s'more.
Did you barley get any Graham Cracker swirl!? Mine was non existent!?

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Ben & Jerry's Gimmie Smore!
Grade: C
http://theicecreaminformant.freeforums.net/thread/544/ben-jerrys-gimmie-smore

"Toasted Marshmallow ice cream with chocolate cookie swirls, graham cracker swirls, and fudge flakes."

There is nothing "toasted" associated with the base, and there is hardly any marshmallow flavor to it. If you blindfolded me and told me to blind test the ice cream I would tell you resembles sweet cream.

Similar to the other pints you find the cookie swirl in this is easily the star of the show. Consistent from top to bottom the crunchiness of the cookies wrap around your spoon in every single bite. The two biggest things that really threw me off guard was barley finding any fudge flakes, and a lackluster graham cracker swirl.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Clementine's S'mores:
Grade: A-
http://theicecreaminformant.freeforums.net/thread/534/clementines-smores-2018

"Marshmallow Ice Cream base with Housemade S'mores Bars".

The marshmallow base is incredibly creamy and bold in flavor. Easily this is the best marshmallow ice cream I have ever had. Take a regular vanilla custard, enhance it with a luscious aftertaste, and the sweetness of a true marshmallow.

The S'mores bars are nothing like I have ever had before as a mix-in. The s'mores bars are hand made with graham crackers, chocolate shards, and toasted marshmallows. You can even see the char from the marshmallows on the graham cracker bars. The taste? Decadent.

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Clementine's S'mores:
Grade: A-
http://theicecreaminformant.freeforums.net/thread/534/clementines-smores-2018

"Marshmallow Ice Cream base with Housemade S'mores Bars".

The marshmallow base is incredibly creamy and bold in flavor. Easily this is the best marshmallow ice cream I have ever had. Take a regular vanilla custard, enhance it with a luscious aftertaste, and the sweetness of a true marshmallow.

The S'mores bars are nothing like I have ever had before as a mix-in. The s'mores bars are hand made with graham crackers, chocolate shards, and toasted marshmallows. You can even see the char from the marshmallows on the graham cracker bars. The taste? Decadent.
What store have you been finding clementine brand in? Walmart and giant eagle down here don't have it

f4iguy

f4iguy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
LE-turkey-coconut-01.jpg

I'm a big fan of coconut. The best coconut Ice Cream I've tried was Limited Edition Turkey Hill Coconut Cream Pie. It had a lot going on. There were bits of pie crust throughout, enough to get some in every bite. There were also little flakes of toasted coconut which added to the texture. It had a strong smell of coconut that added to the experience.

The Ice Cream was not overly sweet, very creamy. The little pie pieces were full of flavor too. I swear I was eating fresh coconut pie in ice cream form. The only downside is that it's tough to find. Giant carried it for a time at a really low price. I can't find it anymore. If you're a coconut fan and you're able to locate this gem, buy it!

Attachments

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
https://pdxfoodpress.com/salt-straw-taps-the-imaginations-of-students-this-april-with-the-inventor-series/

Vernon Elementary
Flavor Name: Leomon-Lime Slime
Student: Lily from Ms. Gina’s Class
”Leomon-Lime Slime- with a vanilla Ice -cream base chucks of lemon and lime curd and chucks of lemon zest short-bread.”
by Lily

Chapman Elementary
Flavor Name: THE GREAT BRITISH RHUBARB GINGER CRUMBLE
Student: Luca from Ms. Johnson’s Class
“Ingredients: Rhubarb, Vanilla bean, Ginger biscuit crumble ice cream, Orange zest. Rhubarb crumble, one of my favorite puddings. The rhubarb tastes like a warm summers day with fruity, juicy, sweet lime. The crumble is a chrunch ginger biscuit. (one zesty orange).It has stripes of rhubarb and a crunchy ginger cookie in the middle. It’s soft and crunchy. An ice cream inspired by where I was born and I call it THE GREAT BRITISH GINGER RHUBARB CRUMBLE “
-Love, Luca
Abernethy Elementary

Name: TACOCAT
Student: Pearl Elizabeth D.B. from Mr. Arthur’s Class
“A delicious mexican vannila ice cream, with stirred in crumbled mexican chocolate covered torrtia shell, queso fresco, and a sprinkle of mild chilli powder plus a pinch of cinnimon. With this recipe sweet and savory join together and become one. (This recipe was inspired by my OBOB team.”
-You Friend, Pearl <3 P.S. It’s called TACOCAT

Forest Hills Elementary
Flavor Name: Sticky Honey Croissant w/ French Vanilla
Student: by Autumn from Ms. Swan’s Class
“My flavor is Honey Croissant With French Vanilla. When you taste my ice cream you will feel like you are in France. My ice cream smells like Fresh baked croissants. When your customers taste my ice cream they will taste fresh baked croissants with creamy French vanilla and sweet, sticky honey. I hope you don’t just like my ice cream. I hope you love it!”
– Sincerely, Autumn

Schoolyard Farms/ Candy Lane Elementary
Flavor Name: The butterfly yum
Student: by Laura from Ms. Ramos Class
“Mint and salmonberry ice cream with ruhbar and apple drizzle carrot goatcheese mulberry crumble mint and basil leaf ontop.”

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Ben & Jerry's Glampfire Trail Mix
Grade: B+ (Biggest sleeper I had from B&J)

http://theicecreaminformant.freeforums.net/thread/543/ben-jerrys-glampfire-trail-mix

"Chocolate Ice Cream with Crunchy Pretzel Swirls, Marshmallow Swirls & Fudge Covered Almonds"

I will start off by saying I have never enjoyed the chocolate base by itself from Ben & Jerry's. To me this is bottom of the barrel, boring, and dull. After a few bites it tasted different, and dare I say better!? This is not as good as their chocolate malt base found in Chocolate Shake-It,

The overall taste of the marshmallow is pure and dense. What really sets this off is the pretzel swirl in conjunction with the richness of the marshmallow. The added salt and pretzel flavoring amplify the overall taste of the entire pint from top to bottom. The pretzel swirl as seen before in Candy Bar Pie gives this a fantastic salty and sweet combination.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Magnum chocolate hazelnut is wonderful ☺