the secret to big chest is lowerchest

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The bench press is the best exercise for chest, but if you are having some kind of shoulder issue like rotator cuff issue, by all means stick to dumbell presses for a few weeks until the rotator cuff heals on it's own (I recently hurt my rotator cuff in my right shoulder, at a recent mosh pit)
What concert?

ironhands

ironhands

Awards
  • Established
Nice. I saw the Seattle show with Slayer, Lamb of God, Testament, Anthrax, and Napalm Death.
That's awesome, good bands. I did flat dumbell presses today instead of the bench press, I have to do this until my shoulder fully heals

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I don’t agree. Respectfully.
We are discussing only advanced bodybuilders who have taken the time to build a full chest.
Look at most gym rats. Upper chest ignored makes the entire chest look short and flat. Especially for taller athletes.

ironhands

ironhands

Awards
  • Established
I don’t agree. Respectfully.
We are discussing only advanced bodybuilders who have taken the time to build a full chest.
Look at most gym rats. Upper chest ignored makes the entire chest look short and flat. Especially for taller athletes.
What makes the chest look large is the lower chest, not the upper chest

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
What makes the chest look large is the lower chest, not the upper chest
I caught that part of your thread.
I just don’t agree.
Of course it makes it look larger when the entire chest is developed already. But 90% of amateur lifters have underdeveloped upper chests, making it look like half a chest.
My chest is 10x more developed than yours I’d wager. And I literally haven’t done flat or decline bench in 5 years. All incline movements. Only thing I do that remotely emphasizes lower chest is parallel bench dips which I only do every other workout.

ironhands

ironhands

Awards
  • Established
I caught that part of your thread.
I just don’t agree.
Of course it makes it look larger when the entire chest is developed already. But 90% of amateur lifters have underdeveloped upper chests, making it look like half a chest.
My chest is 10x more developed than yours I’d wager. And I literally haven’t done flat or decline bench in 5 years. All incline movements. Only thing I do that remotely emphasizes lower chest is parallel bench dips which I only do every other workout.
No I'm bigger than you

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just ignore him.. why is everyone giving attention to this guy

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
No, it's against my religion (Christianity)
I’m Christian and it’s not against my religion.
You live in a very dogmatic realm friend.
Athletes stating they’re natural doesn’t make it true. Other bigoted Christians telling you homosexuality is wrong doesn’t make it true either. Do you think we have dogs as pets yet eat pigs was the only way it’s supposed to be? Or do you think we just made it up? Like most things, someone telling you that’s the way it is, doesn’t make it the way it is.
Question everything.

Ptlhains

Ptlhains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Concentrating on the lower chest bulks the upper abs and ruins your midsection. A big chest is acheived from a big back. The back is the foundation for the front. Bigger quads are acheived from bigger hams glutes and thighs...bigger bis from bigger triceps etc.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Concentrating on the lower chest bulks the upper abs and ruins your midsection. A big chest is acheived from a big back. The back is the foundation for the front. Bigger quads are acheived from bigger hams glutes and thighs...bigger bis from bigger triceps etc.
I would agree with this quite a bit. My chest grows well and strength goes way up the bigger and stronger my traps get. I typically train them harder when I’m trying to get my bench up.

ironhands

ironhands

Awards
  • Established
I’m Christian and it’s not against my religion.
You live in a very dogmatic realm friend.
Athletes stating they’re natural doesn’t make it true. Other bigoted Christians telling you homosexuality is wrong doesn’t make it true either. Do you think we have dogs as pets yet eat pigs was the only way it’s supposed to be? Or do you think we just made it up? Like most things, someone telling you that’s the way it is, doesn’t make it the way it is.
Question everything.
It says in the book of Leviticus AND in the book of Romans that homosexuality is wrong!

ironhands

ironhands

Awards
  • Established
I disagree with this, if anything if your back becomes too dominant, it takes over and you'll be lifting a lot of weight but your pecs may not grow at all

stock28

Awards
  • Established
It says in the book of Leviticus AND in the book of Romans that homosexuality is wrong!
Yet you stated in your other bullshit thread you find muscular men sexy and you sure do post an awful lot of men in underwear? Just saying.

ironhands

ironhands

Awards
  • Established
Yet you stated in your other bullshit thread you find muscular men sexy and you sure do post an awful lot of men in underwear? Just saying.
I ain't gonna lie, if a man is muscular, ripped and in shape, he looks very good looking, no homo, but God wants us to be straight, or else...

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
but God wants us to be straight, or else...
You may be the world’s greatest troll.
Or you actually believe this and think some nonsense like there’s levels of sin and one will eternally damn you yet another will just be a slap on the wrist.
Christians that use biblical passages to justify bigotry are some of the worst people on planet earth. I hope you are just having fun with us trolling here and you’re not as absurd as you try to sound.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You seem like you know your bible so I don’t need to quote passages that explain homosexuality is no different than not claiming something small on your taxes.
Seems like people like to pick and choose what they believe in the Bible, especially if it seems to support their hatred or disgust for people different than them.

ironhands

ironhands

Awards
  • Established
You may be the world’s greatest troll.
Or you actually believe this and think some nonsense like there’s levels of sin and one will eternally damn you yet another will just be a slap on the wrist.
Christians that use biblical passages to justify bigotry are some of the worst people on planet earth. I hope you are just having fun with us trolling here and you’re not as absurd as you try to sound.
Homosexuality is an ABOMINATION...Let that sink in...

ironhands

ironhands

Awards
  • Established
Leviticus 18:22 (KJV)
22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

stock28

Awards
  • Established
Homosexuality is an ABOMINATION...Let that sink in...
Sounds to me you have a real fear of it. Perhaps you’re unsure of your own orientation or are in denial about yourself? Or perhaps you’re just a bigot who throws the Bible around to cover your wicked ways.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Over 4000 cases in USA alone, but anyway, don't have a mutual loving relationship with someone of the same sex guys, that would be just wrong obviously.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Over 4000 cases in USA alone, but anyway, don't have a mutual loving relationship with someone of the same sex guys, that would be just wrong obviously.
What would blow his mind if he could open it up enough is that God s p e c i f ic a l l y created homosexuals exactly how they were meant to be.
I can’t even with this guy, who still says homos are an abomination besides crazies or members of Westboro Baptist Church.

ironhands

ironhands

Awards
  • Established
Flat dumbell presses are a great substitute if your rotator cuff is hurt/damaged, until the injury heals on it's own (may take 5-6 weeks)

stock28

Awards
  • Established
Flat dumbell presses are a great substitute if your rotator cuff is hurt/damaged, until the injury heals on it's own (may take 5-6 weeks)
Where the hell did this come from? I swear there’s something wrong with you. I don’t recall anything in this thread about a damaged rotator cuff. But thanks for the tip doctor.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I dont feel that anyone can say wether God exists or not, you just can't.. You can believe whatever you want though. I find it a little bit weird that a thousand or two thousand year old book, or however old it is thats probably been changed over the years would be 100% correct even if God exists. If god wanted to he'd make everyone heterosexual. God might exist but the Bible is guaranteed not facts and that's why every religion before and after really cant be said to be true either. In theory it would make a lot less sense to follow a religion from 2000 years ago than a religion thats 100 years old. I am confident no gay person will be punished. We have now how many types of Christianity? Which one is correct? What proof do we have?.

If God exists i believe he created us just to let us evolve through evolution cause evolution can't be denied

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I dont feel that anyone can say wether God exists or not, you just can't.. You can believe whatever you want though. I find it a little bit weird that a thousand or two thousand year old book, or however old it is thats probably been changed over the years would be 100% correct even if God exists. If god wanted to he'd make everyone heterosexual. God might exist but the Bible is guaranteed not facts and that's why every religion before and after really cant be said to be true either. In theory it would make a lot less sense to follow a religion from 2000 years ago than a religion thats 100 years old. I am confident no gay person will be punished. We have now how many types of Christianity? Which one is correct? What proof do we have?.

If God exists i believe he created us just to let us evolve through evolution cause evolution can't be denied
The problem with people of faith, is in their mind it’s just not conceivable that God very well wanted homosexuals, and God planned for animals to evolve. They LITERALLY jump on their religions bandwagon stance on every single damn issue, never once challenging it against their own ideas or views or scrutiny.
This all too common limited thinking is what makes me embarrassed to even associate myself with Christians.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The problem with people of faith, is in their mind it’s just not conceivable that God very well wanted homosexuals, and God planned for animals to evolve. They LITERALLY jump on their religions bandwagon stance on every single damn issue, never once challenging it against their own ideas or views or scrutiny.
This all too common limited thinking is what makes me embarrassed to even associate myself with Christians.

Yeah logical would be that the guy or the guys writing the bible really didnt know more than we do, after all were 1000+ years ahead of them. And even if god exists it doesn't mean science should be dismissed and vice versa. Find it hard to believe god would create world and punish people who didnt follow a book, that's psychopathic behaviour and in the bible hes supposedly a guy to be admired.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah logical would be that the guy or the guys writing the bible really didnt know more than we do, after all were 1000+ years ahead of them. And even if god exists it doesn't mean science should be dismissed and vice versa. Find it hard to believe god would create world and punish people who didnt follow a book, that's psychopathic behaviour and in the bible hes supposedly a guy to be admired.
There’s grey. There’s a world of grey area in our lives where a higher power DOES exist. But religious morons think it’s all about emulating perfection and faking “righteousness” if the fucktards actually paid attention to the damn book and not seek out bigoted passages to validate their hatred of people not like themselves, they’d notice Jesus spent the vast majority of his time with what Christians would see as despicable people.

The Bible has been translated dozens of times. Just one translation changes massive amounts of passages. The whole thing is an imperfect being’s interpretation. It’s foolish to think it can be taken so literally, especially if you look at things here on earth with an open mind. How ridiculous would it be to create someone attracted to the same sex and then condemn them?!?!
And unless you have brain damage, homosexuals are CLEARLY created that way. **** outta here with “they chose it” bullshit.
Ignorant religious folks drive me nuts.

ironhands

ironhands

Awards
  • Established
Dips are important for the lower back, I also advice Gironda dips

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dips are important for the lower back, I also advice Gironda dips
I think you're ignoring the conversation that's going on. I'm guessing in purpose?

Trolls gonna troll

ironhands

ironhands

Awards
  • Established
Ronnie Coleman also had a huge chest, it was refreshing to see

stock28

Awards
  • Established
I think you're ignoring the conversation that's going on. I'm guessing in purpose?

Trolls gonna troll
He always ignores conversations in his threads and just continues to post his pictures. He won’t respond to you.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
He always ignores conversations in his threads and just continues to post his pictures. He won’t respond to you.
Yeah, I know. I typically ignore his threads pretty well, but got sucked into this again. I blame it on the Blues loss

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There’s grey. There’s a world of grey area in our lives where a higher power DOES exist. But religious morons think it’s all about emulating perfection and faking “righteousness” if the fucktards actually paid attention to the damn book and not seek out bigoted passages to validate their hatred of people not like themselves, they’d notice Jesus spent the vast majority of his time with what Christians would see as despicable people.

The Bible has been translated dozens of times. Just one translation changes massive amounts of passages. The whole thing is an imperfect being’s interpretation. It’s foolish to think it can be taken so literally, especially if you look at things here on earth with an open mind. How ridiculous would it be to create someone attracted to the same sex and then condemn them?!?!
And unless you have brain damage, homosexuals are CLEARLY created that way. **** outta here with “they chose it” bullshit.
Ignorant religious folks drive me nuts.

Such an healthy view to look at it. It doesnt have to be black or white. You really show that you can accept everyone and still believe in a higher power.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Such an healthy view to look at it. It doesnt have to be black or white. You really show that you can accept everyone and still believe in a higher power.
I think a big part of it is I’ve seen first hand how people can treat you and perceive you when you are born with something that you either have to overcome or accept. I’m my case it was alcoholism. Yes, it was pretty horrible how I acted when it got bad in 2009. But over the years after fighting and overcoming this demon, I still have those that only remember me as that, and I can see their disgust, even though it’s been a decade, they’ll never recognize what amazing things I’ve been able to do since then.
Along the way, I started noticing more and more individuals that were born a certain way, and had to deal with hatred because of it. Like they have any choice except being someone they’re not. Which is something no one should have to do.
Maybe I am a bleeding heart for these people but even when I was a teenager, I absolutely loved the outcasts and freaks. I was always up for my girlfriend bring out her group of gay guys and they were always fun people just like anyone else. But I quickly noticed we had to watch where we went so they wouldn’t get fucked with by bigots and homophobes so we’d always end up at a gay club so they would feel welcome. This kind of thing showed me what these people go through just to be treated decently. And then we’ve got idiots like OP talking about how they’re an abomination and going to spend eternity in hell. The fucking nerve, I’ve prayed every day since reading that that any and all kids he has are homosexual. That might open up his eyes to a few things.
But that dude shouldn’t procreate anyhow.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think a big part of it is I’ve seen first hand how people can treat you and perceive you when you are born with something that you either have to overcome or accept. I’m my case it was alcoholism. Yes, it was pretty horrible how I acted when it got bad in 2009. But over the years after fighting and overcoming this demon, I still have those that only remember me as that, and I can see their disgust, even though it’s been a decade, they’ll never recognize what amazing things I’ve been able to do since then.
Along the way, I started noticing more and more individuals that were born a certain way, and had to deal with hatred because of it. Like they have any choice except being someone they’re not. Which is something no one should have to do.
Maybe I am a bleeding heart for these people but even when I was a teenager, I absolutely loved the outcasts and freaks. I was always up for my girlfriend bring out her group of gay guys and they were always fun people just like anyone else. But I quickly noticed we had to watch where we went so they wouldn’t get fucked with by bigots and homophobes so we’d always end up at a gay club so they would feel welcome. This kind of thing showed me what these people go through just to be treated decently. And then we’ve got idiots like OP talking about how they’re an abomination and going to spend eternity in hell. The fucking nerve, I’ve prayed every day since reading that that any and all kids he has are homosexual. That might open up his eyes to a few things.
But that dude shouldn’t procreate anyhow.

We like to be judged by how we "think" rather than how we act but we judge people based on how they act rather than how they think.

I think weve all been judged unfairly by some people, sometimes i think we feel guilt and while others have forgot about what we did we still believe they havent. Then of course there are people who always sees themself as better people than everyone else and they never forgive.

Its obvious just based on you acknowledging your faults that at least right now youre a good person and if others can't see that id say **** them. I am myself treating everyone equally but surely i didnt as a kid, ive done shitty things until my brain developed and discovered empathy to a higher degree. Theres nothing less joyful to me than to see a person being mistreated.

I do believe people have the right to judge/think negatively about anyone they want but it takes a real moron to act on it if the person hasn't done anything to you or anyone else. If you hate gay people go ahead but you dont have to say it because that just shows youre the insecure one. Its just as stupid as racism. How can you hate a guy that's nice to you because hes of a different color?

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
We like to be judged by how we "think" rather than how we act but we judge people based on how they act rather than how they think.

I think weve all been judged unfairly by some people, sometimes i think we feel guilt and while others have forgot about what we did we still believe they havent. Then of course there are people who always sees themself as better people than everyone else and they never forgive.

Its obvious just based on you acknowledging your faults that at least right now youre a good person and if others can't see that id say **** them. I am myself treating everyone equally but surely i didnt as a kid, ive done shitty things until my brain developed and discovered empathy to a higher degree. Theres nothing less joyful to me than to see a person being mistreated.

I do believe people have the right to judge/think negatively about anyone they want but it takes a real moron to act on it if the person hasn't done anything to you or anyone else. If you hate gay people go ahead but you dont have to say it because that just shows youre the insecure one. Its just as stupid as racism. How can you hate a guy that's nice to you because hes of a different color?
I hate racism as much as homophobia.
People want to be accepted and I give them the benefit of the doubt always since I’ve been on the receiving end. Imagine a world where people like us didn’t exist and everyone only looked out for number one, screwing everyone else over and treating each other horribly.

ironhands

ironhands

Awards
  • Established
There was a time when I did decline presses, but I don't do those anymore

ironhands

ironhands

Awards
  • Established
Arnold probably had the best chest ever, his son has great genetics too but he's natty, he needs more lower chest mass to match his Dad's pectoral development