The official "ZOMBIE" thread

oli

oli

Awards
  • Established
nice lookin game - dad went out like a G - his wife could've done a lil more - lazy broad. Anymore Resident Evil movies coming out? Their early vid.games were pretty cool - haven't played the latest ones though

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
This was previously posted in "The Walking Dead" thread we had, but it's worth reposting. This game looks pretty good. The trailer is amazing, yet sad and depressing...

The Left 4 Dead franchise called... :) Now that that's out of the way.

OH SH*T!!!! That family f*cked up thinking they could stay in that room. This genre works so well in online gaming. I only hope that the multiplayer isn't just playing as that family.

Ideas for characters would be people like a pizza delivery guy that when he rings the bell a zombie answers the door and he wants some brains on his pizza.

The hotel chef for sure. I'm thinking some big fella (fat or jerked, either works,) with one of those heavy cleavers to start.

Maybe as the game progresses you can unlock other hotel guests instead of the standard assortment, each with their own perks/advantages. Maybe a secret agent or a Marine on leave happened to be at this hotel.

Or some scientist that has some ridiculous dialog but can make improvised weapons when you pass a custodians cart of cleaners or something.

Oh, and Consuela from Family Guy needs to be a character. No, no. Mr. Brain's not here.

Yes, I put way too much though in this. But dammit, even Left 4 Dead could be improved.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
From wiki:

"The names of the four playable characters in Dead Island are Xian Mei (a staff member at the hotel), Logan (a surfer), Sam B (a former rapper) and Purna. All four are in the Hero category."

Damn you Techland. Lemme guess, Logan has long hair will never wear a shirt and has an outlandish accent. Sam B is black with ridiculous dialog. Xian Mei is a little asian girl to appease all the computer guys with an asian fetish.

Purna? Please, save this rag tag team and be some kick of kick ass Shaolin Buddhist monk and not some passive Dalai Lama sort.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The Left 4 Dead franchise called... :) Now that that's out of the way.

OH SH*T!!!! That family f*cked up thinking they could stay in that room. This genre works so well in online gaming. I only hope that the multiplayer isn't just playing as that family.

Ideas for characters would be people like a pizza delivery guy that when he rings the bell a zombie answers the door and he wants some brains on his pizza.

The hotel chef for sure. I'm thinking some big fella (fat or jerked, either works,) with one of those heavy cleavers to start.

Maybe as the game progresses you can unlock other hotel guests instead of the standard assortment, each with their own perks/advantages. Maybe a secret agent or a Marine on leave happened to be at this hotel.

Or some scientist that has some ridiculous dialog but can make improvised weapons when you pass a custodians cart of cleaners or something.

Oh, and Consuela from Family Guy needs to be a character. No, no. Mr. Brain's not here.

Yes, I put way too much though in this. But dammit, even Left 4 Dead could be improved.
Honestly, that's probably the best trailer for a video game that I've ever seen. The combination of the action, music, and special effects set the tone and overall feel flawlessly. I can't say I've ever watched a video game trailer and then felt sad and depressed after watching it. They get points for that.

This game looks to have a pretty integrated hand-to-hand/weapon combat system and overall character development based on what I've been reading. I know that it was receiving rave reviews based on what was shown at the E3 last year.

Consuela should absolutely be a character in this game. Her primary tool of zombie destruction: "Lemon Pledge!" She'll blind them with lemon pledge goodness while one of the other characters takes their head off with an axe.....or a 12 gauge shotgun. :D

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Agreed. Lemon pledge and a lighter for close quarters burnination...would need to have a buddy knocking the Z's down with a golf club/broom/etc. or it'd be like lighting a cat's tail on fire and burning everything/everyone.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established

I NEED THESE LAWN GNOMES! Quick, someone Google them for me!

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
HOLY CRAP are those things cool!!!!

brb...calling my wife... :D

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

I NEED THESE LAWN GNOMES! Quick, someone Google them for me!
Those are badazz my friend!

It's a shame there aren't any zombies at this point, but it just gives us more time to load up and prepare, haha! :D

I also thought you'd all enjoy this as well:

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2011/05/18/cdc-warns-public-prepare-zombie-apocalypse/

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/05/18/zombie-proof-house-survive-undead-apocalypse/

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2011/05/18/best-car-survive-zombie-apocalypse/

-John

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My new zombie apocalypse ride:

Hawk

Hawk

Awards
  • Established
Mmmnice!

Favorite Zombie flick?

Dawn of the dead (remake)

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mmmnice!

Favorite Zombie flick?

Dawn of the dead (remake)
Great movie!

I'd honestly have to say that "28 days later" is at the top of my list; followed very closely by "Dawn of the Dead."

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
Love this thread, Been repping willy nilly.
My plan is to stock up on provisions, steal a boat and pillage the coasts lol. If it's the end of the world I'm gonna live my dream of being a pirate.
Arrgghhh...ahoy matey! lol

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My plan is to stock up on provisions, steal a boat and pillage the coasts lol. If it's the end of the world I'm gonna live my dream of being a pirate.
I'm game for the pirate gig! :D

We goof around at work all the time and have an intricate plan in place if this ever happened. There certainly is no lack of imagination with emergency room staff, haha.

-John

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great movie!

I'd honestly have to say that "28 days later" is at the top of my list; followed very closely by "Dawn of the Dead."
28 days later was pretty fantastic as a classic zombie story. I've always had a fond spot for the resident evil series even though its not exactly classic zombies.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My plan would be to stock up on provisions, steal a boat and pillage the coasts lol. If it's the end of the world I'm gonna live my dream of being a pirate.
Why wait till then?

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
28 days later was pretty fantastic as a classic zombie story. I've always had a fond spot for the resident evil series even though its not exactly classic zombies.
Every time I watch 28 days later it still freaks me out. I agree; classic indeed. There is just something about the series that sets it apart for me. I hear Danny Boyle has said that "28 months later" will eventually happen; I hope so.

The "Resident Evil" series as a video game story was amazing; probably even my favorite overall. They completely fukced it up in the movies, though.

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
I thought 28 Weeks Later was better than the first one.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, but Milla Jovovich us great to watch in action.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You all will get a kick out of this:

-John

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
1st thing, grab your medication, lulz. I'd actually rather not have my anti-psychotics when I'm trying to keep my wits about me...wait, what?

The roof is vulnerable, the sky lights don't get covered up.

Add some solar panels to the roof. Yes, I tend to over-prepare.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
1st thing, grab your medication, lulz. I'd actually rather not have my anti-psychotics when I'm trying to keep my wits about me...wait, what?

The roof is vulnerable, the sky lights don't get covered up.

Add some solar panels to the roof. Yes, I tend to over-prepare.

Solar power is a must; The Walking Dead comic series elaborates on that over time. I'm not sure you have to worry about the roof, though; unless you have zombie birds dive bombing ya.....which could happen. :D

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I thought 28 Weeks Later was better than the first one.
I really liked both of them, but it didn't have the same "wow" factor for me that the first one did. I can say that the genetic abnormality factor in disease prevention (however you still may be a carrier as a result) that comes about in that movie is very much a reality in medicine today. That is certainly one of the new directions that preventative medicine is looking at and exploring; we only have to hope that there are people that show that aspect of immunity for us to study and learn from.

The series as a whole is fantastic, so let's hope that Danny Boyle comes through with the 3rd edition!

-John

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Come on guys no heads up this thread? Lol

I'll start posting my zombie stuff here instead of Traumas walking dead thread.

Vampires suck , Zombies ftw

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established

I'm sorry guys. Really, I am.

Hide yo kids, hide yo brain!

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

I'm sorry guys. Really, I am.

Hide yo kids, hide yo brain!
That is just plain AWEFUL. I mean, not in the "wow, that zombie just ripped that guys legs off and you could totally tell it was fake - Shaun of the Dead" style aweful, but more to the tune of "OMG I can't believe you just backed over my grandmother with your hearse and are joking about the irony of her being dead now" kinda aweful.

Pictures: I paint 'em with words. :cheers:

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
That is just plain AWEFUL. I mean, not in the "wow, that zombie just ripped that guys legs off and you could totally tell it was fake - Shaun of the Dead" style aweful, but more to the tune of "OMG I can't believe you just backed over my grandmother with your hearse and are joking about the irony of her being dead now" kinda aweful.

Pictures: I paint 'em with words. :cheers:
WTF?! lol that was pretty darn cheesy! lol
Expected reaction achieved. Now for the good sh*t.

House of 1000 Corpses has been back in rotation on HBO. I love that movie, damn the critics.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Expected reaction achieved. Now for the good sh*t.

House of 1000 Corpses has been back in rotation on HBO. I love that movie, damn the critics.
Aaaah... Good ol' Rob Zombie back when he could do no wrong in my eyes. Then there was that "horses" album and it all went downhill. I am disappoint.

I'd still tap Sherry, though. :cheers:

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established

Reactions: oli
Mrodz

Mrodz

Awards
  • Established
Ok, You've been infected.... be it by being bitten or blood in the eye or what not, and in a few days or hours your going to "turn"
Question:

Who is the greater friend and what would you prefer.
Getting your head lopped off as soon ur bit?
Or waiting it out until you get the brain munchies?

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok, You've been infected.... be it by being bitten or blood in the eye or what not, and in a few days or hours your going to "turn"
Question:

If I ever got bit and turned, i'm gonna let it ride and tear some **** up! :D

-John

Hawk

Hawk

Awards
  • Established
You can still fight/help before you turn. Make myself usefull as long as possible. Although, knowing MY friends....

...they'd pop me quick! lol

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
Question:

Oh man, I heard human meat is the best source of protein and tastes like chicken! lol :saw: