The OFFICIAL Guns/Firearms/Knives Thread!

tsugsr

Awards
Gerber makes some decent knives that you can usually find locally for that price. They are durable and the edge is ok, doesn't hold that well but not bad for the price.

I second the above posters suggestion of a SOG or bench made. Both cost about double what you want to spend but I promise you, you will Be happy. I Carry a SOG flash 2 on my weak side and a bench made griptilian on my strong side. Both great knives and fast to deploy.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks for the suggestions!

I'm not worried about spending the money, I'm worried about spending a lot and losing it. I just lost my Gerber paraframe ($18) which wasn't a huge deal, but I liked it and wasn't happy to reach down to my pocket and realize it wasn't there. I know I had it when I started the day.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
(Went back and re-read the posts and realize you mentioned knives with a smaller $$$. These then don't fit the bill..lol. I'll still leave the post though)

My top 3 knives are as follows (no particular order)

- Benchmade Triage 915/916 (I have the 916)
916 Triage® Product Detail

- Kershaw Zero Tolerance 0300
Zero Tolerance 0300 Black Plain Edge Knife at The Kershaw Store

- DPx HEST/F 2.0 or DPx HEST/F Milspec (I have the 2.0; milspec is better and newer)
http://dpgear.com/

I have used each of these on various deployments and each have performed superbly. Absolutely no complaint about any of them. I have exposed them to heat, cold, sand, mud, cut wire, cardboard, straps, foils, clothes, etc. etc.

*note, I do not personally recommend getting spring assisted ones if you will be exposing the knives to mud/sand etc. Can tend to gum it up and in the end hinder the opening of the knife.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I carry the Spyderco "Tenacious" for my EDC knife. IMO, you can't beat this for the price. It's a quality knife that has stood up to a beating I've put on them over the years. It's light, retains a great edge, and opens flawlessly. It's the best $37 bucks I've spent in a while.

http://www.amazon.com/Spyderco-Tenacious-Handle-Folding-Plain/dp/B001EI7578/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1371781251&sr=8-1&keywords=spyderco+tenacious

I like Zero Tolerance knives as well, but I'd take Spyderco over anything else at this point.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I bought some Crimson Trace "Master Series" wooden laser grips for my 1911 this week. It made me think....I need another 1911....:D

002.JPG

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
was just curious what type of ammo do you all put through ur .45's i just bought 2 boxes of 45-acp-230-gr-jhp-federal-hi-shok

Slappy244

Slappy244

Awards
was just curious what type of ammo do you all put through ur .45's i just bought 2 boxes of 45-acp-230-gr-jhp-federal-hi-shok
For personal defense, cor-bon dpx all the way. For range day, any cheap stuff with a brass case. I dislike the idea of a steel case.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
For personal defense, cor-bon dpx all the way. For range day, any cheap stuff with a brass case. I dislike the idea of a steel case.
I've gotta be honest, here. The first test I make is a gun's ability to cycle steel case ammo. If it doesn't eat it, I get rid of the gun (unless it's a small carry pistol for SD).

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I bought some Crimson Trace "Master Series" wooden laser grips for my 1911 this week. It made me think....I need another 1911....:D
Watching Longmire recently made me want one. I'm thinking a Dan Wesson...going big with my first 1911. :p

I'd settle for a nice Springfield, too.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't recall seeing steel case 45, but have shot aluminum case Blazers as well as a few others in brass. my 1911 doesn't seem picky, jacketed or plated only so far though, and 200-230gr.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Watching Longmire recently made me want one. I'm thinking a Dan Wesson...going big with my first 1911. :p

I'd settle for a nice Springfield, too.
I'm saving for an Ed Brown. I'll have enough saved in a few years. :D

Actually, I'm looking to go Springfield. I need to sell off something in the cabinet that I don't want, and then make it happen, haha.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't recall seeing steel case 45, but have shot aluminum case Blazers as well as a few others in brass. my 1911 doesn't seem picky, jacketed or plated only so far though, and 200-230gr.
Hornady actually makes a steel cased match series now. I haven't shot any yet, though. I need to get my azz in gear and start reloading.

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
****s expensive!!! 100.00 for 100rounds it was like .78 a round but with shipping made it over 100.00

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hornady actually makes a steel cased match series now. I haven't shot any yet, though. I need to get my azz in gear and start reloading.
reloading 45 is soooo simple. I've actually recruited my 5 and 9 year old kids to run the progressive press for me. they are just thrilled to death to be able to :D

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just started the firefighter recruiting process here in NC...Excited for the FF discount on new guns, among other things like major life changes. :D

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
I just started the firefighter recruiting process here in NC...Excited for the FF discount on new guns, among other things like major life changes. :D
Nice Dude Congrats !

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just had an eyegasm!

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Cert of authenticity that it is indeed a Mk25 made solely for naval special warfare and not just a P226.

Attachments

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
3pa6t8.jpg

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
WarcraftJJS

WarcraftJJS

Awards
  • Established
Cert of authenticity that it is indeed a Mk25 made solely for naval special warfare and not just a P226.
Very nice pistol.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Taking her out to the range Saturday. I have a couple thousand 9m rounds to start working through.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's a beauty, Ben!

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks brother. Anxious as hell to shoot tomorrow. It's like Christmas Eve lol

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Love the Sig! - Very nice, my friend.

BTW, I ended up picking up a Kershaw Leek...fell out of my pocket already. Makes me sick. :( - I think when I kneel down the knives are pushing against my leg and popping out of my pocket. Freakin sucks. I need to start attaching it to a lanyard.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Maybe try the back pocket or waist band under a belt?

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Check out an elk ridge whole sale knife they are inexpensive and come with a holder you can weave into your belt

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have a Smith & Wesson MP assisted open folder with a glass breaker on one end.
I love it to death. Sometimes the pocket clip will catch the hem on my shirts though and yank the threads out a little bit.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Yo fl3x that is a sick blade brotha. With the emergency glass braker i would say that one ups my sog!

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I played with one of those knives today. Are they always so hard to open/close?

I think I may go old school and get a Buck 110.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
I played with one of those knives today. Are they always so hard to open/close?

I think I may go old school and get a Buck 110.
Ya till MY sog is smooth open and close

hawks21

Awards
Just picked up a sig 45 .22lr. Feels and shoots like a dream :)

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Got the Buck 110 at Academy today for $27.99+tax. Came with a nice leather sheath. This knife is friggin heavy, but it's definitely a keeper! Makes me want to match it up with a 357 lever and wheel gun. :D

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
Just picked up a sig 45 .22lr. Feels and shoots like a dream :)
Got a gsg1911, supposed to be the same thing, definitely a great plinker. Goes great with the gsg5 mp5 lookalike.

Ive got an inside line on parts and accessories for gsg stuff, so right now Im a happy, thrifty .22 shooter again, lol.

I save the expensive .45s for bowling pin competitions at the range.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've started restoring my Japanese Type 99 Arisaka rifle. The stock was in pretty bad shape with the metal parts almost in the white. The "mum" is mostly intact and the bore is pristine This was one of the first guns to have a chrome lined barrel. I'll have pictures up when it's done. So far, she's looking pretty freakin' good. I just wish it was cheaper to shoot this old war horse. The 7.7 JAP round ain't cheap. That just gives me another reason to reload. :D

-T1

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've started restoring my Japanese Type 99 Arisaka rifle. The stock was in pretty bad shape with the metal parts almost in the white. The "mum" is mostly intact and the bore is pristine This was one of the first guns to have a chrome lined barrel. I'll have pictures up when it's done. So far, she's looking pretty freakin' good. I just wish it was cheaper to shoot this old war horse. The 7.7 JAP round ain't cheap. That just gives me another reason to reload. :D

-T1
if I recall, the 7.7 was berdan primed wasn't it? i have the large (762 nato) berdan primers and the berdan decapper too if you want to have a priming party.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
So I was looking into trying to get my concealed carry permit in CA. I have been reading up on what in entails and it looks like just short of being a lawyer doctor or in law enforcement I am sol. I had thought about it in the past but due to a recent altercation involving one of my family members and a little sh*t who thinks he is in a gang some threats have been made that have made me look into this seriously. Has any one here gone through this process in CA?

thyrod

thyrod

Awards
Phew I'd believe it'll be a bitch. But go to a police station and talk to them. They'll tell ya everything ya need to know then fallow it then I think it's just a waiting game after that.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Phew I'd believe it'll be a bitch. But go to a police station and talk to them. They'll tell ya everything ya need to know then fallow it then I think it's just a waiting game after that.
Ya I am thinking I have a better chance off selling Ice to an eskimo. I know I have to apply through my local Sheriff’s office but I also read there is going to be an extensive interview thats what I am unsure about, what questions they will be asking and all that.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There's a reason they call it "Comifornia." ;) Unfortunately, they're a "may issue" state when it comes to concealed carry; which imo is completely and utterly unconstitutional, period. Like you said, outside of knowing somebody or holding some type of status out there it's going to be a pain in the azz to get them to approve it. You literally have to present a case to them on why you deserve to have one and carry it with you on a daily basis. It's absolutely asinine.

Come on down to the "gunshine" state here in Florida. It was a very easy process down here to get your CCW (as long as you don't have anything in your background check.) Literally, you fill out the paperwork and take the mandatory gun training class....and in 4-6 weeks you're gtg.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
if I recall, the 7.7 was berdan primed wasn't it? i have the large (762 nato) berdan primers and the berdan decapper too if you want to have a priming party.
Yeah definitely berdan primers. There is a way to convert them to boxer primers, though. I'm pretty sure that all of Hornady's 7.7 JAP rounds are boxer primed. I'm going to pick up some of the equipment this fall, so a priming party it is my friend.

-T1

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
There's a reason they call it "Comifornia." ;) Unfortunately, they're a "may issue" state when it comes to concealed carry; which imo is completely and utterly unconstitutional, period. Like you said, outside of knowing somebody or holding some type of status out there it's going to be a pain in the azz to get them to approve it. You literally have to present a case to them on why you deserve to have one and carry it with you on a daily basis. It's absolutely asinine.

Come on down to the "gunshine" state here in Florida. It was a very easy process down here to get your CCW (as long as you don't have anything in your background check.) Literally, you fill out the paperwork and take the mandatory gun training class....and in 4-6 weeks you're gtg.
I would love nothing more than to pack up shop and leave this ridiculous state, but with all my family here and a decent job the pros out way the cons when it comes to staying. But if you can or know some one that can hook it up with a 100k a year job with benefits FL can count on one more law abiding resident.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would love nothing more than to pack up shop and leave this ridiculous state, but with all my family here and a decent job the pros out way the cons when it comes to staying. But if you can or know some one that can hook it up with a 100k a year job with benefits FL can count on one more law abiding resident.
There are definitely cons to living here. I'd be making a hell of a lot more money as an RN in California. Florida is one of the worst paying states for RN's. I took a massive pay cut at the time when I moved down here from Connecticut. If it wasn't for my wife's family here, I'd have us moving to either GA or TN.

The worst con is the summers are absolutely horrid. Sometimes I miss the seasons; especially fall...

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
There are definitely cons to living here. I'd be making a hell of a lot more money as an RN in California. Florida is one of the worst paying states for RN's. I took a massive pay cut at the time when I moved down here from Connecticut. If it wasn't for my wife's family here, I'd have us moving to either GA or TN.

The worst con is the summers are absolutely horrid. Sometimes I miss the seasons; especially fall...
Word I grew up in Nor Cal and fall was my favorite season, it should be a completely different state IMOP, make like a North Oregon and a South Oregon and give So Cal Sacramento and keep San Fran lol