The OFFICIAL Guns/Firearms/Knives Thread!

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
John, when you speak of reciprocity, what exactly do you mean? Reason I ask is that sometimes on a ride, I pack a pistol in my bike bag. We don't go out of state much, but if I wanted to travel out with the gun, would I legally be allowed to cross the border with it?
It basically means that another state will observe your CCW permit as a right to lawfully carry within their state borders. Check out that link I posted above. You can click on your state and see where your CCW permit will be honored.

It's a bit different if you're carrying on your person vs. in your car, so I would check out the state laws before venturing there to be 100% sure. I would absolutely invest in your CCW permit if you don't currently have one, Tim. It will save a lot of potential heartache in the end.

Check out this CCW organization as well:

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/membership/

They provide a lot of information on specific carry laws, as well as legal protection in the event you ever have to use deadly force.

-T1

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
which all the hoops they have us jumping through its liekt hey want to weed out anyone who's not 100% serious.

its one thing to walk into a store do the background check and walk out with a gun (or the 5 day wait or what ever) but you really have to be serious to apply for a permit (to say its ok to get a permit to buy ) wait 5 months, then have to apply for a permit to buy and how ever long that takes to get back and only have a few week window to buy one before it expires....

Correct. Anyway they can make it harder is going to dissuade someone on the fence about purchasing or investing in a firearm. The anti-gun crowd and media love it...

I would love to see all these "anti-gunners" though when the world goes to sh*t and they have nothing to defend themselves or their families with. It's amazing how bad it can get when "society" collapses and true human nature and survival take over.

But wait, that's right...the government will always "protect" you. :rolleyes:

-T1

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
for a laugh:

if you remember a few years back Rosie O'Donnell was attacking Tom Selic on his stance on guns... basically how he was the devil or something for supporting the NRA...

then low and behold a few weeks ago her bodyguard applies for a Concelled carry permit.

now she is saying that she doesnt like guns personally but she is ok with her bodyguards having them.. or something to that effect.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
for a laugh:

if you remember a few years back Rosie O'Donnell was attacking Tom Selic on his stance on guns... basically how he was the devil or something for supporting the NRA...

then low and behold a few weeks ago her bodyguard applies for a Concelled carry permit.

now she is saying that she doesnt like guns personally but she is ok with her bodyguards having them.. or something to that effect.

I can't stand her to begin with.

What a hypocrite...

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
Correct. Anyway they can make it harder is going to dissuade someone on the fence about purchasing or investing in a firearm. The anti-gun crowd and media love it...

I would love to see all these "anti-gunners" though when the world goes to sh*t and they have nothing to defend themselves or their families with. It's amazing how bad it can get when "society" collapses and true human nature and survival take over.

But wait, that's right...the government will always "protect" you. :rolleyes:

-T1
it is a terrible example but whoever said: you might be anti gun but when you are getting tied up with a telephone cord you change your tune pretty quick.

I hope to never use it on anything living, hunting or otherwise... but push come to shove my family or some burgler you know who wins....

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I also get a kick out of everyone who blasts the "zombie craze" that's infiltrated parts of society and the gun market over the last few years. I think it's been a very good way to demonstrate and engage the need for preparedness in the event of any type of disaster. Even the CDC bit on the market and used it to help disseminate the message to the general public.

If it's that type of market that has helped some people wake up and begin to prepare just a little, than it's been a success. We've already witnessed many times in the recent past how unprepared this country has been during specific disasters...

And...if it turns out that zombies do eventually take over the world, we'll hot damn! :D

Has anybody read World War Z yet? I'm just interested to hear your opinions on it. I finished reading it last week and to be honest I wasn't nearly as impressed as I thought I would be.

-T1

WarcraftJJS

WarcraftJJS

Awards
  • Established
The great thing is most states with a CCW Law in affect have also Reciprocity with other states. So you can carry in said other states as long as your issuing CCW state has a reciprocity with the other state you travel to. Being a resident in illinois I can't carry in my own state but I currently have a Utah and Florida CCW premit so I can carry in 31+ states.

With the different websites already quoted most of use can get info on what laws we have to follow in different states.

Here is one I use to get info too:
http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_carry_permit_reciprocity_maps.html

The National Concealed Carry Reciprocity Bill (H.R. 882) will work to make all the different laws each state has alot easier to know by making all states that have a CCW law in affect all the same across the board. No state will have different laws concerning IE: how to carry your firearm in a car, bike, where you can carry, etc.

Bad problem with the Bill it only works if the state has a CCW law. Will not work to the benefit of Illinois.

Here is a little more info:
http://www.usacarry.com/national-right-carry-reciprocity-act-2012-introduced-us-senate/

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
it is a terrible example but whoever said: you might be anti gun but when you are getting tied up with a telephone cord you change your tune pretty quick.

I hope to never use it on anything living, hunting or otherwise... but push come to shove my family or some burgler you know who wins....

It's true, though.

I hope to god that I'm never put in that situation myself, but I'll be damned if I'm not going to do everything I can to protect my family from unknown dangers. I'd rather have it and not need it then need it and not have it.

I think "The Walking Dead" does a damn good job in demonstrating how things quickly change when there is no rule of law anymore. Humanity isn't as nice as most people like to think; especially when desperation sets in.

-T1

WarcraftJJS

WarcraftJJS

Awards
  • Established
It's true, though.

I hope to god that I'm never put in that situation myself, but I'll be damned if I'm not going to do everything I can to protect my family from unknown dangers. I'd rather have it and not need it then need it and not have it.

I think "The Walking Dead" does a damn good job in demonstrating how things quickly change when there is no rule of law anymore. Humanity isn't as nice as most people like to think; especially when desperation sets in.

-T1
Very well put!

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The great thing is most states with a CCW Law in affect have also Reciprocity with other states. So you can carry in said other states as long as your issuing CCW state has a reciprocity with the other state you travel to. Being a resident in illinois I can't carry in my own state but I currently have a Utah and Florida CCW premit so I can carry in 31+ states.

With the different websites already quoted most of use can get info on what laws we have to follow in different states.

Here is one I use to get info too:
http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_carry_permit_reciprocity_maps.html

The National Concealed Carry Reciprocity Bill (H.R. 882) will work to make all the different laws each state has alot easier to know by making all states that have a CCW law in affect all the same across the board. No state will have different laws concerning IE: how to carry your firearm in a car, bike, where you can carry, etc.

Bad problem with the Bill it only works if the state has a CCW law. Will not work to the benefit of Illinois.

Here is a little more info:
http://www.usacarry.com/national-right-carry-reciprocity-act-2012-introduced-us-senate/

Ahh, I overlooked the part about already having a CCW permit law already in place. That's crap.

It will not set a universal federal standard for the 49 states that officially have their own state laws in regard to their CCW laws, though. All specific state laws would remain uninfringed. So if you did carry in a different state you'll still have to observed their specific state laws that are in effect.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/16605952/consider-this-national-right-to-carry-law

I have a feeling though if it does pass that the next step would be to pressure Illinois into compliance with the rest of the country. If anything, I would expect the NRA to back that fight.

WarcraftJJS

WarcraftJJS

Awards
  • Established
Oh I was under the impression that it would set a universal federal standard for all CCW states. Illinois just missed CCW law last year by I think it was 7 votes. I'm hoping this year is the year.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
WANTED: Place to buy ammo online, preferably discounted or surplus.

John-John - Any particular types of ammo to avoid? I see a lot of import stuff out there that's a lot cheaper in price than the typical Hornady, Winchester, Remington, Federal, et al. How about brands like Fiocchi, Wolf, etc? Low on 9mm rounds, but am currently looking to stock up for the shottie.

For others, a few links for some stuffs:

www.cheaperthandirt.com - ammo, guns, gear, and just about anything/everything.
www.sportsmansguide.com - decent selection of all stuff, decent prices, some mil surplus.
www.gunbroker.com - Ebay style auction site
www.armslist.com - Craigslist style gun site

Also, for anyone who has friended either John or myself on FB, there's a ton of pages on our "like" list for shooting sports info, products, etc..

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
WANTED: Place to buy ammo online, preferably discounted or surplus.

John-John - Any particular types of ammo to avoid? I see a lot of import stuff out there that's a lot cheaper in price than the typical Hornady, Winchester, Remington, Federal, et al. How about brands like Fiocchi, Wolf, etc? Low on 9mm rounds, but am currently looking to stock up for the shottie.

For others, a few links for some stuffs:

www.cheaperthandirt.com - ammo, guns, gear, and just about anything/everything.
www.sportsmansguide.com - decent selection of all stuff, decent prices, some mil surplus.
www.gunbroker.com - Ebay style auction site
www.armslist.com - Craigslist style gun site

Also, for anyone who has friended either John or myself on FB, there's a ton of pages on our "like" list for shooting sports info, products, etc..
This is actually a very good topic to discuss, Tim. Different types of ammo and the main differences/arguments between brass vs. steel casings.

I'll post up some good info on this when I get back home later my man.

-John

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
in terms of range time how do you guys feel about the Remington Gun Club 12 gauge shells? They are marketed as a lower price round which would be great when at the range? (priced i think at around $6.20 for 25 rounds) Any issues with jams or fail to fires from them?

I would go for a better round for at home (which seem to be more like $10 for a few rounds), but no sense wasting unneeded money on something better for hitting clay pigeons or targets if it could be helped :)

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't see any problem with it, but maybe someone else might for whatever reason. Remington is reputable, never had problems with their ammo before. Price looks decent, too. $6.99 @ midwayusa.com for 25 isn't bad at all. Much better than the "bargain" Mil-Spec buckshot I bought. $5 on sale for 5 rds.

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
when i first saw the Hornady rounds going for $12 for 5 my jaw nearly hit the floor. :) didnt think they were all THAT expensive.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
I ama Taurus guy, seeing as I own 4 of them. Haven't had any trouble. If a guy in a gun shop bashes on them, go somewhere else. I have a 327 federal magnum snubbie, a mil pro PT145, a 24/7 OSS 9mm, and a Taurus TCP. 380. I had to send the tcp back for a problem loading, but a 10 day door to door trip fixed it up. Their CS has gotten much better. And if anyone busts on you for owning a Taurus, if they never owned one or s'not one, tell them to pound sand.

Check out Taurusarmed.net to learn about their true quality.

I would rather own multiple quality guns that are affordable, then sink my savings into one. The most I payed is$350. And add a Bersa thunder 22 to my list. Bought that for my wife.

Btw, the same goes for those that bash on keltec. They are good affordable guns. Ask George Zimmerman how he liked his keltec 9mm. His is a verified 1 shot stopper.

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
I was on the fence about going after work, but it turns out I have to stop at some outdoors stores tonight anyways for a hand pump, so I will be checking out the local selections and at the very least get an idea of price.

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
they might even let me hold one. though i am not sure if they can becuase i do not yet have a card that says i can then am allowed to apply for a permit to you know actually buy something...

they should make getting a drivers licence this hard...

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If all goes right tomorrow, I'll be ordering the stock kit from ATI. Found an awesome deal on ebay for it for $86, free ship, and comes with the forend as well. Couldn't find it cheaper than that by a long shot anywhere else!

Opinion question for you guys... Down the road, this thing is going to need some way to look down the barrel and aim at people, er uh... ok, people. All I have now is the little brass bead. Receiver is tapped, probably going to do a rail system of some sort. (Side note: Rails I want are NOT compatible with the side saddle, so that may go up for sale if anyone wants it. Looking into options...) I like the idea of a head's up site, holosite, whatever you wanna call 'em these days. Someone suggested just a ghost ring site. Maybe go really hi-tech with some sort of enclosed laser/red dot thing. If I had the loot, I'd opt for an open red dot site and collapsible ghost ring sights. What would you go with and why?

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
grats man!!!

Ehotec holographics look pretty cool on a shotgun (in Medal of honor at least) :) something like that or the collasible ghost sights makes sense. woudl that be for when shooting slugs?

WarcraftJJS

WarcraftJJS

Awards
  • Established
If all goes right tomorrow, I'll be ordering the stock kit from ATI. Found an awesome deal on ebay for it for $86, free ship, and comes with the forend as well. Couldn't find it cheaper than that by a long shot anywhere else!

Opinion question for you guys... Down the road, this thing is going to need some way to look down the barrel and aim at people, er uh... ok, people. All I have now is the little brass bead. Receiver is tapped, probably going to do a rail system of some sort. (Side note: Rails I want are NOT compatible with the side saddle, so that may go up for sale if anyone wants it. Looking into options...) I like the idea of a head's up site, holosite, whatever you wanna call 'em these days. Someone suggested just a ghost ring site. Maybe go really hi-tech with some sort of enclosed laser/red dot thing. If I had the loot, I'd opt for an open red dot site and collapsible ghost ring sights. What would you go with and why?
IMO, When it comes down to Shotguns, A good Iron/Night Sights work great. Putting to much "Tac-cool" stuff on a gun makes it look good but is it really functional? I mean if it is for home defense most of the "Combat" will be under 20 feet. And aside from a good Surefire light on the shotgun not much is useful. Upgrading the stock is great and makes the gun fit you better.

This is just my IMO. Save the money and buy more ammo!!

WarcraftJJS

WarcraftJJS

Awards
  • Established
This is pretty much what I have for my Shotgun Home Defense. (Aside from my normal Pistol)

49049.jpg

Have it hidden in one of my closets on hooks for easy access.

Tho I have looked at this for a bedside gun. :salook::salook::salook::salook::firedevil::firedevil:

super_shorty_870.jpg

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
ok just got back from the gun shops one had no Mossy's the other was much better stocked.. any rate looking between $350 and 5 something depending. (with Remmington 870s being in the middle of the range)

so the questions are how much of a diff is there between a 500 and 590? They reccommended a 18 inch barrel for home defense which rules out the heavy barrel and mil spec trigger group. does the 2 inches make much of a difference? would be a 1 round difference.

not lookign for much bells and whistles. standard stock no rails, just ghost ring sights or night sights.

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
what Warcraft posted is pretty much what i would be wanting setup wise- minus the light.

oh and good news. for my town the wait for a fire arms ID card is only 1-3 months we seem to be on the quicker side in terms of turn around.

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
actually had a chance to go through the Mossberg catalog, and this is looking to be a winner. 590a1 with an 18.5 barrel, regular stock and insight forearm light. would just add on the ghost ring or night sights when i ordered. the foreend was less than 50 more and gets rid of the need for all of the rails and things.

moss_51415.jpg

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
Not to hop this thread up with my ramblings and questions, but: I was reading up some forums over the weekend, and it got me thinking the main reason i would want a SG is for HD but given that it would (hopefully) never be needed for that role, the other thing i would use it for is skeet / clay shooting for fun. As far as I know the local range has no rules against short barreled SGs, but would i even stand a chance shooting with a 18.5" barrel? It would only be for fun, nothing serious, just wondering.. a barrel swap on a 590 i think is a non option or at the least cost prohibitive.

Of course I could always use the house guns, which are free to rent as long as you buy the ammo from them ($10 for 25 rounds so its not bad at all) but that would defeat the purpose if i owned one :)

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not to hop this thread up with my ramblings and questions, but: I was reading up some forums over the weekend, and it got me thinking the main reason i would want a SG is for HD but given that it would (hopefully) never be needed for that role, the other thing i would use it for is skeet / clay shooting for fun. As far as I know the local range has no rules against short barreled SGs, but would i even stand a chance shooting with a 18.5" barrel? It would only be for fun, nothing serious, just wondering.. a barrel swap on a 590 i think is a non option or at the least cost prohibitive.

Of course I could always use the house guns, which are free to rent as long as you buy the ammo from them ($10 for 25 rounds so its not bad at all) but that would defeat the purpose if i owned one :)
You'll definitely need/want a longer barrel for shooting skeet. It could be done with the 18.5" barrel, but the pattern is going to be much more ineffective as a result.

I say just guy a cheap moss or remmy with a longer barrel for that type of stuff. You can find one for under $300 if you shop around. I plan to do the same myself.

-T1

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
2 diffrent guns does make the most sense, I could rent or use one of my inlaws if we go, but then the HD would be next to never used. Not like I have a wide open field some place where i can practice on watermelons and cabbages. oh well i have time to think it over.

smohk

smohk

Awards
Whoever asked about ammo...stay away from Wolf. My Uzi's jam on every 3rd or 4th Wolf bullet. (the Uzi is like the AK47...it won't ever break or jam, simple to break down etc...) This applies to my experience with 9mm only. I've tried different magazines, bolts, frames etc...same jamming problem with Wold brand ammo. Don't have a problem with any other ammo just Wolf. My opinion is stay away.

WarcraftJJS

WarcraftJJS

Awards
  • Established
Whoever asked about ammo...stay away from Wolf. My Uzi's jam on every 3rd or 4th Wolf bullet. (the Uzi is like the AK47...it won't ever break or jam, simple to break down etc...) This applies to my experience with 9mm only. I've tried different magazines, bolts, frames etc...same jamming problem with Wold brand ammo. Don't have a problem with any other ammo just Wolf. My opinion is stay away.
Got to admit I was having the same problem with Wolf branded ammo with my AR15.
Came down to not cleaning it right. My chamber was way to dirty and just was just too "new". Been running Wolf reliable now after a couple hundred rounds of brass cased ammo.

In a lot of indoor ranges that I can shoot steel cased ammo I do (Many the ones that don't allow me to pick up my brass and/or if I'm with some new shooters and don't want to be picking up brass after shooting with them), most of the time it is Wolf ammo because Walmart has it for a good price. I've run wolf ammo though Glocks, Smiths, Colts, everything. I've shot 9mm, 40, 45, .223 wolf ammo. Their pistol ammo has to be their most reliable in there line of ammo. Straight walled cases are one of the easiest to chamber. I also know of many guys in the reloading community that reload there steel cased ammo that is from wolf.

Tho some guns are just finicky with some ammo but all round haven''t really had problems with wolf ammo.
Surprised that your AK47 is having problems with wolf ammo. From what I have heard Wolf ammo is the normal Russian military's ammo distributor.

I have had problems with Herter's .223 ammo just can't get that stuff to shoot good in my M4. (Have not tried out their pistol ammo.)

Now do I prefer brass cased ammo yes. I'm a very big on reloading my own ammo and enjoy doing it. But will I shoot cheap Wolf ammo yes because I can always save a couple dollars with the steel cased stuff.

Here are some places you can order Ammo (and other stuff) from and have it shipped to your house (most of the time, some states req. different rules).

http://www.aimsurplus.com
http://alamoammo.com/
http://www.ammobank.com
http://www.ammodirect.com/
http://www.ammo4guns.com/RIFLE_AMMO.html
http://www.ammoman.com
http://www.ammo-connection.com/
http://www.ammoengine.com/find
https://secure.ammoinc.com
http://ammonow.com/
http://www.ammojunction.com/
http://ammoseek.com/
http://ammunitiontogo.com
http://www.the-armory.com
http://www.ammossupplies.com/
http://www.buymilsurp.com/
http://www.cabelas.com/
http://www.cascade-ammo.com/
http://www.centerfiresystems.com/
http://www.centuryarms.com/Century/pages/store.htm
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com
http://www.classicarms.us
http://www.dealerease.net/catalog/
http://floridaammotraders.com
http://www.floridaarmory.com
http://www.grafs.com/ammo/71
http://gun-deals.com/index.php
http://www.impactguns.com
http://jandcsales.com
http://www.jgsales.com
http://www.keystonearms.com/ammo.html
http://www.kyimports.com/ammo.htm
http://www.luckygunner.com/
http://www.midwayusa.com
http://www.militarygunsupply.com/shop2/
http://www.natchezss.com
http://www.ombexpress.com/c_284.aspx
http://www.outdoormarksman.com
http://www.palmettostatearmory.com/
http://www.prestostore.com/cgi-bin/
http://www.polygunbag.com/ammunition.html
http://www.rifle-company.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?t=431
http://www.samcoglobal.com
http://www.sarcoinc.com/
http://shop.militaryshooters.com/
http://www.sgammo.com/
http://www.southernammo.com
http://www.southernohiogun.com/ammunition
http://www.sportsmansguide.com
http://surplusammo.com
http://www.usaammo.com/
http://www.wideners.com
http://www.22ammo.com/
http://www.weaponsworld.com/

WarcraftJJS

WarcraftJJS

Awards
  • Established
Oh.....
Side note on ordering Ammo from a Online place.

Some charge a "Hazmat Fee" what is it: a bull crap charge to do nothing different then ship legal ammo to you. (Firearms dealers don't pay it) I know www.aimsurplus.com doesn't charge a hazmat fee.

Now if your ordering primers and powders you will be stuck with the Hazmat fee then. But most dealers will not charge you a Hazmat fee for loaded ammo. If they do move on to the next one that doesn't.

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
has anyone shot Federal Flight Control 00 buck yet? I saw some reviews - talk about a tight pattern at sub 20-25 feet.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh.....
Side note on ordering Ammo from a Online place.

Some charge a "Hazmat Fee" what is it: a bull crap charge to do nothing different then ship legal ammo to you. (Firearms dealers don't pay it) I know www.aimsurplus.com doesn't charge a hazmat fee.

Now if your ordering primers and powders you will be stuck with the Hazmat fee then. But most dealers will not charge you a Hazmat fee for loaded ammo. If they do move on to the next one that doesn't.
I've noted that if you try to buy ammo from gandermountain.com, they have a $5 fee for ammo. Shipping is free otherwise. Didn't know what the fee was for, but I guess now I do! Didn't have such a fee when i ordered my Zombie Max shells from sportsman's guide.

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
i woudl think the $5 fee would still be cheaper than paying shipping :) might be a toss up there :)

WarcraftJJS

WarcraftJJS

Awards
  • Established
I've noted that if you try to buy ammo from gandermountain.com, they have a $5 fee for ammo. Shipping is free otherwise. Didn't know what the fee was for, but I guess now I do! Didn't have such a fee when i ordered my Zombie Max shells from sportsman's guide.
Ya crap it is.
Try buying Primers and Powder $25 Hazmat Fee. :puke:

On top of any shipping costs.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So I've been eyeballing this ATI stock on ebay. For 3 weeks, it's been there. Qty 5. I've watched the number drop, waiting for my funds to come in order to get it. $86.99 for a $150 upgraded rig. Last night, I'm supposed to have money in ye ol' account. Not there yet. At midnight, qty 1 left on the stock, as it has been since this weekend. I get up this morning and check before 7am, and lo and behold, it's gone. FFFFFFFUUUUUUUKKKKKK!!!!!! Next ones up in price aren't the aluminum upgrade and are higher in price. No other place on the net, even the seller's Amazon listings, have it for that low. SADPANDA!!!!! I sent him a message to see if he happened to have any more and am waiting to hear back. Ugh... FRUSTRATING!!!! I just want a stock so I can go shoot the dang thing already!!!

/rant.

WarcraftJJS

WarcraftJJS

Awards
  • Established
So I've been eyeballing this ATI stock on ebay. For 3 weeks, it's been there. Qty 5. I've watched the number drop, waiting for my funds to come in order to get it. $86.99 for a $150 upgraded rig. Last night, I'm supposed to have money in ye ol' account. Not there yet. At midnight, qty 1 left on the stock, as it has been since this weekend. I get up this morning and check before 7am, and lo and behold, it's gone. FFFFFFFUUUUUUUKKKKKK!!!!!! Next ones up in price aren't the aluminum upgrade and are higher in price. No other place on the net, even the seller's Amazon listings, have it for that low. SADPANDA!!!!! I sent him a message to see if he happened to have any more and am waiting to hear back. Ugh... FRUSTRATING!!!! I just want a stock so I can go shoot the dang thing already!!!

/rant.
PM the ATI stock type and number (Or even the ebay listing) and I can see if you can get it though my FFL connections. It may be a long shot but it could happen.

Quinc

Quinc

Awards
  • Established
Here are some places you can order Ammo (and other stuff) from and have it shipped to your house (most of the time, some states req. different rules). http://www.aimsurplus.com http://alamoammo.com/ http://www.ammobank.com http://www.ammodirect.com/ http://www.ammo4guns.com/RIFLE_AMMO.html http://www.ammoman.com http://www.ammo-connection.com/ http://www.ammoengine.com/find https://secure.ammoinc.com http://ammonow.com/ http://www.ammojunction.com/ http://ammoseek.com/ http://ammunitiontogo.com http://www.the-armory.com http://www.ammossupplies.com/ http://www.buymilsurp.com/ http://www.cabelas.com/ http://www.cascade-ammo.com/ http://www.centerfiresystems.com/ http://www.centuryarms.com/Century/pages/store.htm http://www.cheaperthandirt.com http://www.classicarms.us http://www.dealerease.net/catalog/ http://floridaammotraders.com http://www.floridaarmory.com http://www.grafs.com/ammo/71 http://gun-deals.com/index.php http://www.impactguns.com http://jandcsales.com http://www.jgsales.com http://www.keystonearms.com/ammo.html http://www.kyimports.com/ammo.htm http://www.luckygunner.com/ http://www.midwayusa.com http://www.militarygunsupply.com/shop2/ http://www.natchezss.com http://www.ombexpress.com/c_284.aspx http://www.outdoormarksman.com http://www.palmettostatearmory.com/ http://www.prestostore.com/cgi-bin/ http://www.polygunbag.com/ammunition.html http://www.rifle-company.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?t=431 http://www.samcoglobal.com http://www.sarcoinc.com/ http://shop.militaryshooters.com/ http://www.sgammo.com/ http://www.southernammo.com http://www.southernohiogun.com/ammunition http://www.sportsmansguide.com http://surplusammo.com http://www.usaammo.com/ http://www.wideners.com http://www.22ammo.com/ http://www.weaponsworld.com/
You should check out Slickguns. Like slickdeals/bensbargins for guns and knives.

WarcraftJJS

WarcraftJJS

Awards
  • Established
You should check out Slickguns. Like slickdeals/bensbargins for guns and knives.
It is a great one. Check everyday in the morning. Also liked on facebook and they send new postings during the day. Great stuff.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
PM the ATI stock type and number (Or even the ebay listing) and I can see if you can get it though my FFL connections. It may be a long shot but it could happen.
Much obliged for the assistance! Just ordered one a few minutes ago from the first site you sent me to. Ended up with shipping being only a few cents more than the eBay one I missed out on, but should arrive faster! Can't wait to get it and install it. I'll definitely post pics here, hopefully within a week.

Next necessity is going to be the rail system. Kinda torn between two, but am currently leaning towards the Aimtech Warhammer. Pics below. Thoughts?

Quinc

Quinc

Awards
  • Established
Much obliged for the assistance! Just ordered one a few minutes ago from the first site you sent me to. Ended up with shipping being only a few cents more than the eBay one I missed out on, but should arrive faster! Can't wait to get it and install it. I'll definitely post pics here, hopefully within a week.

Next necessity is going to be the rail system. Kinda torn between two, but am currently leaning towards the Aimtech Warhammer. Pics below. Thoughts?

Sexy.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'll throw my experiences with steel cased ammo up later, but in the meantime, I'm in the process of adding modifications to both my PF9 and Remington 870 express tactical.

My PF9 will be getting a new trigger (northwood components custom), crimson trace laser, steel recoil spring guide, and a belt clip that attaches directly to the side of the gun making it even better for concealed carry.

Here's the before pics:

001.JPG002.JPG

WarcraftJJS

WarcraftJJS

Awards
  • Established

Ya the Aimtech would finish it out. Are you doing Iron/Night sights or a EoTech? Say a 512? :naughty:

31NkQtGGf6L._SS500_.jpg

Attachments

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

That would work. Are you going with a ghost ring sight or an optic?

Here's the light I'll be putting on mine here in the next few weeks. The Streamlight TLR-1s. I have the smaller version on my glock 21. It's 200 lumens of direct beam or strobe:

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm thinking optics, John. Nothing too fancy or expensive, but probably a little Sightmark heads-up jobby. In the future, i'd like to find some fold-down sites for it, though.

For light, I'm not quite sure yet. I'd like something decently small, probably atleast 150 lumens. For fun, looking at a laser, too. As much as the green ones are kewl, I'll probably go red. Cheaper, more available, and the operating temps of a green one are rather prohibitive. I've read that many don't function under 40 degrees. Uh... I live in PA. That's like 6 months of the year! lol

But... All in due time! I haven't even shot that bastard yet!

Quinc

Quinc

Awards
  • Established
Just build an AR15. You can even get a 12ga and 410 upper for it.
Here is my baby with harris bipod Eotech 557 and 3x magnifier.. She eats everything even the steel cased Russian ammo. :D