The New Product Release Thread

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lets get you a tub to try out. This is a category dear to me, there was no playing around here. Virtiva is amazing and coupled with the rest of the formula we're talking about a legitimate nootropic
Question about NooLVL, after reading more on it, and on ASI/Nitrosigine, which itself has been shown to improve cognition, albeit after 4 days of use, not the acute use that NooLVL was tested with, although that's not to say that ASI/Nitrosigine wouldn't have acute nootropic effects itself.

Anyway, NooLVL is just 1.5g ASI with an additional 100mg inositol added?

The product studied, (nooLVL®), and the matching placebo were provided in a blinded stick pack. The product manufacturer provided an appropriate certificate of analysis to demonstrate the dosage and safety of the test product. Subjects took 1 stick pack daily for 7 days. The subjects took the product at home except on study visit days, where they consumed the assigned product on site (witnessed dosing) in the clinic 30 min prior to the start of video game play. The studied product’s stick packs consisted of 1500 mg ASI + 100 mg of additional inositol and these inactive ingredients: citric acid, natural flavor, sucralose, acesulfame potassium, and red 40 (3.6 g each pack).
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6835425/

So if I wanted to get a feel for NooLVL, I could just use 1.5g Nitrosigine and add 100mg inositol to it?

Even Nutrition 21's site says "This ingredient is comprised of two components: Bonded Arginine Silicate combined with an additional dose of inositol." which seems to suggest that they're "just" adding more inositol to it, not changing the ASI itself somehow. Not that this is a bad thing of course, just curious if I can just buy some Nitrosigine and some inositol and combine them to try out NooLVL early, since I can't seem to find it as a standalone ATM.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
2 New MRE Lite Flavors from Redcon1 before end of year
Chocolate Banana and Caramel Macchiato

1 New MRE Bar
Chocolate Mint

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
They both sound tastie ...

N2ofusion

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Question about NooLVL, after reading more on it, and on ASI/Nitrosigine, which itself has been shown to improve cognition, albeit after 4 days of use, not the acute use that NooLVL was tested with, although that's not to say that ASI/Nitrosigine wouldn't have acute nootropic effects itself.

Anyway, NooLVL is just 1.5g ASI with an additional 100mg inositol added?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6835425/

So if I wanted to get a feel for NooLVL, I could just use 1.5g Nitrosigine and add 100mg inositol to it?

Even Nutrition 21's site says "This ingredient is comprised of two components: Bonded Arginine Silicate combined with an additional dose of inositol." which seems to suggest that they're "just" adding more inositol to it, not changing the ASI itself somehow. Not that this is a bad thing of course, just curious if I can just buy some Nitrosigine and some inositol and combine them to try out NooLVL early, since I can't seem to find it as a standalone ATM.
They came out and said it’s basically nitrosigine but with extra inositol, yes. You could add your own, questions on half life and blood barrier absorption would be things to consider. It’s a mild nootropic. It’s not mind-blowing. Feels like Alpha GPC.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
They came out and said it’s basically nitrosigine but with extra inositol, yes. You could add your own, questions on half life and blood barrier absorption would be things to consider. It’s a mild nootropic. It’s not mind-blowing. Feels like Alpha GPC.
Thanks. Why would there be questions about half-life and BBB absorption with ASI + I if there's not with NooLVL though? The study took 1.5g ASI and 100mg inositol and put them in a stick pack with flavoring and sweeteners, and that pack was mixed in 8oz water.

N2ofusion

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks. Why would there be questions about half-life and BBB absorption with ASI + I if there's not with NooLVL though? The study took 1.5g ASI and 100mg inositol and put them in a stick pack with flavoring and sweeteners, and that pack was mixed in 8oz water.
Probably wouldn’t be, after further reading. Give it a shot. Reddit shows people going way beyond 10 g/day of inositol so this seems super mild in comparison

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
IMG_3440.JPG
IMG_3439.JPG

Getting into clear protein, to give chocolate & coffee protein a rest ( only flavors I drink )

Clear protein is pretty tasty .. if someone is ever looking at trying def recommend it.

I got these on Black Friday 5 for $55 shipped couldn’t resist.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Peppermint Bark & Gingerbread join the MRE Lite Menu for the holidays

NO ETA but I assume before Xmas

Chocolate Banana and Caramel Macchiato coming soon for MRE Lite as well

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I've used lots of Nitrosigine, and don't notice a nootropic effect (which doesn't mean there isn't one, just sayin). Love it for other reasons though.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
PB Crunch sounds interesting ....

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Animal is launching an energy drink in Europe
No details or ETA on when

02F1D06D-DA06-4D22-8C77-C5B2178246E8.jpeg

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
15:15 in Video

discontinuing merica made (orange)

Blackberry Lemonade and Kiwi Strawberry
Merica Energy Launching Jan 2020

soxbsbll05

soxbsbll05

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Alpha Lion has released their new formula for Superhuman.... not so superhuman anymore. Glad I stocked up on the old formula....

soxbsbll05

soxbsbll05

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
350mg......

L-theanine. Hell no.
the high Theanine dose works well for me with the Supreme formula since it has 200mg of dmha and Eria BUT there is no reason is should be this high with this new formula....

DieselNY

DieselNY

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Loaded and unique Glucose Disposal Agent from KetoGenics, KetoShop
Screenshot_20191214-150138_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20191214-150109_Chrome.jpg

DieselNY

DieselNY

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Is there really a point to a gda if you’re keto tho? If you’re eating carbs, you’re either doing it for a refeed or messing up ha
Yes for those of us who follow a cyclical ketogenic diet it's absolutely amazing. Also me personally I do it that way and I also take maybe half a dose before meals even on the strict keto days to speed up re-entry into ketosis and just for overall health benefits
...but for the carb ups it's phenomenal

DieselNY

DieselNY

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Almost looks like a part burner, part suppressant, and part gda? Heard any feedback?
Everyone loves it. 500 units sold over 3 days last weekend. Some put feedback on the product page. Glucosatrol (dot com)

Olympus Labs

Olympus Labs

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
the high Theanine dose works well for me with the Supreme formula since it has 200mg of dmha and Eria BUT there is no reason is should be this high with this new formula....
Half of AM can formulate better than half of the supplement industry.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Whats the issue with that much theanine? Relaxes you too much?
Lowers how hard caffeine hits (Slow release), many people find it makes them drowsy and takes away from the pre-workout working to its full potential. Higher levels of Theanine give me less performance/output than those that have lower or none. I personally try to opt for one without it as they tend to hit harder

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Nutrabio updates:

NY Fruit punch coming to alpha EAA
Pistachio, orange cream, and peach cobbler coming to their protein line

all in the near future or early 2020
Peach Cobbler, I'm in !!!! Yum. I hope they nail that flavor !!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Peach Cobber was always one of my desserts my Mom used to make me. I miss my Mom !!

DieselNY

DieselNY

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
This really is loaded with useful doses. Price dependent of course, but as someone who eats a lot of carbs and is in no way keto, I would definitely use this.
Indeed! And Glucosatrol is priced well considering many other GDA's with half the ingredients are priced the same or more! And there is always a discount code floating around.

DieselNY

DieselNY

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Lowers how hard caffeine hits (Slow release), many people find it makes them drowsy and takes away from the pre-workout working to its full potential. Higher levels of Theanine give me less performance/output than those that have lower or none. I personally try to opt for one without it as they tend to hit harder
Interesting ...cant say I've noticed negative when taken pre workout then again I've never taken more than 200mg pre but do take 400 to 600mg at night with my pre bed concoction.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Exactly, it puts me to sleep 4-6hrs later. I was discussing it with a company owner, and he said 'impossible, that's not how it works'. Lol, ok bro. I know many people who have the same reaction.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Interesting ...cant say I've noticed negative when taken pre workout then again I've never taken more than 200mg pre but do take 400 to 600mg at night with my pre bed concoction.
That's the only time I'm ok with l-theanine. It's actually very useful pre-bed, and can counter any residual caffeine in the system from earlier in the day, and make sleep easier/better.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Exactly, it puts me to sleep 4-6hrs later. I was discussing it with a company owner, and he said 'impossible, that's not how it works'. Lol, ok bro. I know many people who have the same reaction.
He's saying it's not possible for theanine to reduce the perceived energy you get from caffeine, or it's not possible for it to make you sleepy? Theanine is, for the most part, calming but not sedating, but if you're taking it with caffeine, you'll likely get some sort of comedown from even just the caffeine alone eventually, so it's not out of the question that you'd feel a bit more tired 4-6 hours later if you have too much theanine with your caffeine, as it balances/calms the energy from the caffeine from the outset. I like adding ornithine HCL to my caffeine, since it's been shown to potentiate the effects/duration of caffeine at 8 hours post-dose, which I find means longer-lasting effects and less crash/comedown.

Anyway, the research pairing caffeine with theanine tends not to use a very high dose of either, with this one using 250mg caffeine and 200mg theanine being probably the highest dose of either that's been used IIRC, and found that:

Caffeine increased self-rated alertness and jitteriness and blood pressure. Theanine antagonised the effect of caffeine on blood pressure but did not significantly affect jitteriness, alertness or other aspects of mood. Theanine also slowed overall reaction time on the visual probe task.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17891480

As to 350mg theanine, well, you're almost doubling the dose of what was used in this study, which I see no reason to do.

Then there's this study, which used coffee and tea, so isn't exactly the same, but it found that:
During the acute phase of beverage ingestion, caffeine significantly sustained performance compared to water after the first beverage for CFF and subjective sedation (P<0.05), and after the second beverage for the Recognition component of the CRT task (P<0.05). Additionally, there were significant differences between tea and coffee at 75 mg caffeine after the first drink. Compared to coffee, tea produced a significant increase in CFF threshold between 30 and 90 min post-consumption (P<0.01). However, following the second beverage caffeinated coffee at 75 mg significantly improved reaction time (P<0.05), compared to tea at the same dose, for the Recognition component of the CRT task.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10823400

Now, I may well be wrong, but perhaps the higher dose of theanine that people ended up consuming once they had their second serving of tea may have been something of what you're describing, with higher doses of theanine once you have multiple servings of tea?

Personally, I prefer ~100mg theanine in the context of a PWO, and no more than 200mg theanine in the context of a general energy or work/study aid style supplement. 350-400mg acutely is more for relaxation, or to be taken in the evening/night IMO. The only potential exception is if you're using a TON of stimulants and really want to try to balance it out, but even then, 350-400mg still seems like a lot in the context of a PWO IMO.

Edit: more info:
This potential chronic regulation of levels of alertness and performance of simple tasks afforded by tea consumption is consistent with the neurochemical effects of L-theanine and the interaction between L-theanine and caffeine. The effects of L-theanine on neurotransmitters suggest it has a regulatory role in brain function, modulating excitatory brain responses. Furthermore, L-theanine appears to antagonize the stimulatory effects of caffeine on the brain. This is supported by the few studies that have investigated the effects of L-theanine, in conjunction and in comparison with caffeine, on cognitive performance. These studies suggest an interactive effect of these two dietary components of tea. L-theanine appears to enhance the effects of caffeine on speed and accuracy of information processing, mental fatigue and tiredness, and, importantly, on more complex tasks such as sentence verification, word recognition, the speed and accuracy of sustained attention, and the ability to ignore distraction. These tasks may be more reflective of the cognitive performance required in stressful, everyday occupations than the simple speed of perception and speed of reaction tasks used in the caffeine-only research.
Importantly, L-theanine may also work in combination with caffeine to enhance performance of more complex tasks, such as attention switching and the ability to ignore distraction, which may be reflective of higher-level cognitive activity, such as the executive functions, and which may be sensitive to the detrimental effects of overstimulation on cognitive performance.
It's possible that people may like the "overstimulated" feeling of higher doses of caffeine in the context of a pre-workout supplement. Or just that more moderate doses of theanine can still provide the balanced/focused energy and synergy without taking too much of the "edge" off of the caffeine in the context of pre-workout use.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18254874

Last edited:

totalpackage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That’s one reason I never got around to trying that. So much Theanine.
Same here I never touched it because of that boat load of L-Theanine but I
can't understand why they left it in since they removed the DMHA and now
it's all caffeine. Much better pre's on the market without all that L-Theanine.

N2ofusion

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Same here I never touched it because of that boat load of L-Theanine but I
can't understand why they left it in since they removed the DMHA and now
it's all caffeine. Much better pre's on the market without all that L-Theanine.
Is that every companies dream? Make hardcore formulas, gain a following, then dumb down the formulas to sell in mass market retailers?