booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I like teacrine too. I use it daily stacked with dynamite as my morning pick me up since they work well together.

IMO, I would much rather have the mood boost in a preworkout hit early on with some extended release caffeine to prolong the energy. Everyone is different though!
Man, you must have some crazy tolerance if your morning pick me up starts with DYNAMITE 🧨 haha

DEVANS89

DEVANS89

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Do people really need 425mg of caffeine to actually workout (325mg Caffeine + 100mg DiCaffeine Malate)?
If so I truly question their sole reason for working out or mental fortitude in the first place.
It is like its a race to see who can make the larger stim bomb now and days.
Know one:

Supplement companies: WE NEED MORE CAFFEINE IN OUR PRODUCTS, EVEN THE SLEEP FORMULAS!!

DEVANS89

DEVANS89

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Do people really need 425mg of caffeine to actually workout (325mg Caffeine + 100mg DiCaffeine Malate)?
If so I truly question their sole reason for working out or mental fortitude in the first place.
Know one:

Supplement companies: WE NEED MORE CAFFEINE IN OUR PRODUCTS, EVEN THE SLEEP FORMULAS!!

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Me too. Some more stuff for sports nutrition will be out in a bit.

Not organ but something very important anyway with a solid formula for it
Good to see ya back on the forums broski! Excited to see some of your work with these new formulas

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I will say some of us need that much to actually feel the caffeine. Two weeks zero stims did nothing to drop my tolerance, 200mg solo still does nothing for me. That said when combining with other stims I agree it is a bit excessive. I used to love the stim bombs, but now that I workout in the evenings I rarely get the chance to use them. Still curious to see what’s in Thermagize xt though, really enjoyed the samples I had

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I should mention glycergrow 2.0 is not discontinued :)
Well that’s great!

Decent pre workout formula outside of the Teacrine. Not sure why companies are still using it when its effects are not felt until 1-2 hours after taking it....
To a certain extent I agree, but I also find for some formulas it just takes the edge off of any come down and training in the middle of the day I love it because it leaves me feeling good heading back to work after.

I think the bigger issue is how small of doses some companies use or not disclosing it is 40% in the label so it “seems” like it’s dosed higher.

N2ofusion

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Think it’s just a mindset that their pre-workout needs to blow people away. Like that first time you had PWO feeling. But more caffeine is just lazy formula. I like around 200 mg from a pre and then can still drink a Diet Coke on the commute and some tea at work. That holds me over for the morning fast and until early afternoon lunch

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Liking the looks of that label!
the feedback from the testers (blind testing done by a few guys on here) was unbelievably similar and unanimously positive too!

bbartsche

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I can't imagine taking that much caffeine in one dose. That's more in one dose than most people have in a day. Jeez

DEVANS89

DEVANS89

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Uk brand dropping some new things

I know that the pump product will contain vaso6

Other then that no labels have been shown

They also have a stim product coming out called stim head.. again no labels yet

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I can't imagine taking that much caffeine in one dose. That's more in one dose than most people have in a day. Jeez
Eh, I don’t think you’re considering the law of diminishing returns. You don’t get double the effect from 400mg caffeine as 200, as it’s not linear. Like many things, doubling the dose might get you, say, 25% more pop.

That’s how people can work up to 600mg servings & such sometimes. Just because you can’t fathom it doesn’t mean plenty of people aren’t fine with it. I had a friend who could drink GREEN tea and be absolutely wired, couldn’t sleep for 8 hours. On 3mg caffeine. People vary in response significantly.

DEVANS89

DEVANS89

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Guess with no board presence anymore we wouldn’t have got any hints about this..

bbartsche

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Eh, I don’t think you’re considering the law of diminishing returns. You don’t get double the effect from 400mg caffeine as 200, as it’s not linear. Like many things, doubling the dose might get you, say, 25% more pop.

That’s how people can work up to 600mg servings & such sometimes. Just because you can’t fathom it doesn’t mean plenty of people aren’t fine with it. I had a friend who could drink GREEN tea and be absolutely wired, couldn’t sleep for 8 hours. On 3mg caffeine. People vary in response significantly.
Never once mentioned doubling the amount or even gave a number. Was referring to the fact that 300+ mg caffeine is a lot for a single dose

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Never once mentioned doubling the amount or even gave a number. Was referring to the fact that 300+ mg caffeine is a lot for a single dose
I understand that. And I am saying they sell it because there are plenty of people that don’t feel that way, and that individuals respond differently.

I cannot take any amount of Yohimbine. 2mg is an uncomfortable excessive feeling for me. There are folks who feel good on 20mg!

TommyTuffGuy

TommyTuffGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I understand that. And I am saying they sell it because there are plenty of people that don’t feel that way, and that individuals respond differently.

I cannot take any amount of Yohimbine. 2mg is an uncomfortable excessive feeling for me. There are folks who feel good on 20mg!
True, the garbage Yohimbine is an anxiety nightmare for me, but HCL is perfectly fine.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I find it hard to believe that drinking 300mg of caffeine two times before noon does much for you.
And that’s kinda really illustrating all I’m trying to point out here: 400+mg caffeine may be crazy for some, but same as Starbucks will throw extra shots of espresso into a 20oz coffee if you pay for it, there’s a real and prominent market.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
And that’s kinda really illustrating all I’m trying to point out here: 400+mg caffeine may be crazy for some, but same as Starbucks will throw extra shots of espresso into a 20oz coffee if you pay for it, there’s a real and prominent market.
There are also many factors that go into this and can be modified so people don't have to abuse and rely on stims to live their day to day lives. If you have to wake up and slam 300mg of caffeine from an energy drink to wake up there is an issue or red flag that needs to be addressed (proper sleep)We did not grow up over decades of drinking energy drinks to survive. People use to farm, hunt, and live day in and day out and never touch a gram of caffeine. There will be some outliers, but it hasn't been until the last 5-10 years or so there has been a major increase in caffeine intake in the forms of carbonation beverages (hence why you see everyone and their mother joining that part of the industry)

- Stress Management
- Sleep Pattern
- Proper Hydration
- Yoga, Meditation, Stretching

These are just some of the things that can remedy an overabundance of caffeine intake. For the most part in this day and age, people work too much which causes extra stress, lack of sleep, and the overuse of caffeine to operate on a day to day lifestyle. Again not the case for everyone, but it is becoming more frequent with not allowing ourselves to get proper rest and recovery to help function on a daily basis.

m1k3_d0z4

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I saw that on their site earlier when I was trying to decide what to get for my 30 labels!

I was beyond excited, as I had no idea they had released this flavor!

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I saw that on their site earlier when I was trying to decide what to get for my 30 labels!

I was beyond excited, as I had no idea they had released this flavor!
Bro. I’ll pay you. Cut these!!! There’s only 24 (not counting the 5+ in my pantry )
I always feel like imma lose finger when I cut the OT bottles.
IMG_3731.JPG

Last edited:
Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Bro. I’ll pay you. Cut these!!! There’s only 24 (not counting the 5+ in my pantry )
I always feel like imma lose finger when I cut the OT bottles. ]
Not even lying here I resorted to using a saw. Trying to cut all my oximega bottles was one of the most frustrating experiences ever haha

Last edited:

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
So for those who said Ghost Chips Ahoy tasted bad I found an answer:

There was a flavor consistency issue on the first run of the product, so Ghost is going back to re-fix the issue before launching a second run of the product. That may be why there was so hit or miss feedback on the product.

Which makes more sense since feedback was very inconsistent.
I pretty much saw no one like it.

🤷‍♂️

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

There was a flavor consistency issue on the first run of the product, so Ghost is going back to re-fix the issue before launching a second run of the product. That may be why there was so hit or miss feedback on the product.

Thanks for that info but they aren’t getting my money a 2nd time.

jamesm11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

So we're just stuck with shitty tasting whey because of their screwup? Sweet, I'm never buying from them again.

totalpackage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

I didn't buy this protein flavor cause I've always been afraid of Ghost'$ :D but if they
know they have an issue with the flavoring they should make good on all the people
who had bad flavored tubs and issue them a replacement cause I've heard more bad
feedback than good on this flavor. Just my opinion.:)

m1k3_d0z4

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I sent an email expressing my displeasure with the clumping on the CG V3 legend....they sent me a link to their YouTube video saying it might clump, but use a fork

I sent them photos of the massive bricks inside the tub and they just said to shake the canister. Yeah no, I had to break them apart in my blender to make a powder again and then store in the fridge.

They should’ve used a better moisture pack, as I used other preworkouts with similar ingredients and have never experienced those types of clumping issues. If they knew clumping would be an issue, then they should have done a better job of preventing that from happening. For what we had to pay for the pre-workout, I would expect a better result.

I’m pretty sure they wouldn’t have accepted those clumping issues from their manufacturer.

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Haven’t seen any positive feedback here aside from yours. I’m really glad I held off on this one

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Inconsistent meaning you were the only one who liked it.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ghost is definitely style over substance. You've got companies discussing the correct synergy of ingredients for the best effects and results... Ghost release a video where they all sit round trying to decide if pastel blue labels look better on a white tub or maybe the more green label on a black tub.

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I sent an email expressing my displeasure with the clumping on the CG V3 legend....they sent me a link to their YouTube video saying it might clump, but use a fork

I sent them photos of the massive bricks inside the tub and they just said to shake the canister. Yeah no, I had to break them apart in my blender to make a powder again and then store in the fridge.

They should’ve used a better moisture pack, as I used other preworkouts with similar ingredients and have never experienced those types of clumping issues. If they knew clumping would be an issue, then they should have done a better job of preventing that from happening. For what we had to pay for the pre-workout, I would expect a better result.

I’m pretty sure they wouldn’t have accepted those clumping issues from their manufacturer.
honestly pretty upset I purchased this one for $50 lol the serving is huge which isn’t an issue but it sits heavy on the stomach and I’ve nearly had to go throw up because of the stomach discomfort mid workout. Also their Friity Cereal protein was bottom 3 protein I’ve ever bought as far as taste goes lol happy I held off on the chips ahoy

ToDie4Test

Awards
Haven’t seen any positive feedback here aside from yours. I’m really glad I held off on this one
Inconsistent meaning you were the only one who liked it.
Disagree. It's by far the best tasting protein I've had in years (going back to the old Xtreme Formulations Lemon Cream Pie days). I'm on a cut right now so it's pretty much the highlight of my day (in terms of meals) when I drink this with milk (albeit it's not the most cut-friendly profile but I make it work).

m1k3_d0z4

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
honestly pretty upset I purchased this one for $50 lol the serving is huge which isn’t an issue but it sits heavy on the stomach and I’ve nearly had to go throw up because of the stomach discomfort mid workout. Also their Friity Cereal protein was bottom 3 protein I’ve ever bought as far as taste goes lol happy I held off on the chips ahoy
Hey brother, don’t suffer through your workouts, send it to me!!!

I will say, aside from the issues I mentioned above, I truly enjoy this pre. I don’t use the full serving as it’s just too much for me and how I want to feel, so the value for me is great! It’s interesting you mentioned it cussing you stomach issues, as I train first thing in the morning with only this and water in my body and I have had no such issues.

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I had high hopes for the ghost protein line and jumped on the hype train. The blueberry was meh at best but the cookie pieces in it where really good.
The cereal milk was a better flavor but still enjoy other brands more. But everyone’s taste buds are different