Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I'd rather just save the money and buy mk677 imo
That’s not really a fair comparison. You are 100% right it would be more effective to raise serum IGF1, but that’s like saying a bottle of testosterone is a better way to raise test levels than an herbal free test booster.

For someone willing to use Mk677, sure. But these products exist because some won’t want the sides. Will it raise bp, make you hold water, raise fasting glucose for some, and it’s not an option for natural bodybuilding.

Just to explain the market for this.

DEVANS89

DEVANS89

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
For some reason I can picture someone from controlled labs wondering through the jerusalem desert, fighting the sand storms just to pluck a single leaf to place
In the tub

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Quest Nutrition Cinnamon Roll Bar Review (New & Improved Formula)

Excited to try these! Always been a huge cinnamon fan but the old cinnamon quest bars were not even close to the top for me. Hopefully these change that!

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
One more general health product coming out soon I think most will like and I feel it compliments the line well.
Hm. So heart supplement, now a digestive supplement... what could be next...

Mike Arnold

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That’s not really a fair comparison. You are 100% right it would be more effective to raise serum IGF1, but that’s like saying a bottle of testosterone is a better way to raise test levels than an herbal free test booster.

For someone willing to use Mk677, sure. But these products exist because some won’t want the sides. Will it raise bp, make you hold water, raise fasting glucose for some, and it’s not an option for natural bodybuilding.

Just to explain the market for this.
For many, there are no meaningful sides with MK-677. If rising BG levels is a concern, use berberine--it will completely offset any decrease in insulin sensitivity. Sub-q wafter retention? It goes away after a few weeks. BP? It's minor and transient (goes away after a few weeks). MK-677 is one of the safest and certainly the most effective GH/IGF-1 elevator on the market. A simple MK-677 and berberine combo won't cost much...and will do far more than any of the supps we see here...for FAR less money.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
For many, there are no meaningful sides with MK-677. If rising BG levels is a concern, use berberine--it will completely offset any decrease in insulin sensitivity. Sub-q wafter retention? It goes away after a few weeks. BP? It's minor and transient (goes away after a few weeks). MK-677 is one of the safest and certainly the most effective GH/IGF-1 elevator on the market. A simple MK-677 and berberine combo won't cost much...and will do far more than any of the supps we see here...for FAR less money.
But some people, for a variety of reasons, simply don’t want to take it

Mike Arnold

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
But some people, for a variety of reasons, simply don’t want to take it
Yes, but the ONLY effective GH/IGF-1 elevating supps on the market are GH peptides, GH secretagogues, and GH itself. Nothing else works...period. All other OTC products claiming to increase GH/IGF-1 levels lead to marginal and/or short-lived increases at best, essentially rendering them worthless for muscle growth or fat loss. Why pay all that money for something that is the equivalent of 1/2 iu of GH? That won't do jackshit...for anyone. Supp companies have been trying to create an effective OTC GH/IGF-1 elevating product for years...and they have never been successfull. That entire category is worthless. That's the simple truth. So, if someone isn't willing to use what works, they shouldn't be purchasing anything at all.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I was on 500mg Berberine daily, 20mg mk677 nightly. Still saw about a 6-8 point fasting blood glucose elevation in the mornings over 3 months (even while dieting seriously and losing about 25lbs as I recovered from my bicep reattachment). Blood sugar returned to baseline upon cessation, and 8 points isn’t going to make me diabetic certainly, but it was real for me.

Currently experimenting with 800mg Berberine and 10mg Mk the last 3 weeks after several months away from Mk; we’ll see what that yields. I’ve always been around 90-92 fasted and I want to keep it there generally over the longterm.

Yes, but the ONLY effective GH/IGF-1 elevating supps on the market are GH peptides, GH secretagogues, and GH itself. Nothing else works...period. All other OTC products claiming to increase GH/IGF-1 levels lead to marginal and/or short-lived increases at best, essentially rendering them worthless for muscle growth or fat loss. Why pay all that money for something that is the equivalent of 1/2 iu of GH? That won't do jackshit...for anyone. Supp companies have been trying to create an effective OTC GH/IGF-1 elevating product for years...and they have never been successfull. That entire category is worthless. That's the simple truth. So, if someone isn't willing to use what works, they shouldn't be purchasing anything at all.
I would agree with that. There’s always been snake oil, because there’s always been buyers. And anyone dropping $200 for that Cellucor product isn’t going to see any meaningful physical changes from the product itself, aside from lightened pockets.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Me too. Some more stuff for sports nutrition will be out in a bit.

Not organ but something very important anyway with a solid formula for it
With some of the revamping lately, maybe a non-stim/pump formula to go with White Warped? I love Glycergrow, but a comprehensive formula would be cool and I bet solid based on recent additions to the line.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
With some of the revamping lately, maybe a non-stim/pump formula to go with White Warped? I love Glycergrow, but a comprehensive formula would be cool and I bet solid based on recent additions to the line.
Glycergrow has finally been discontinued

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
VPX Bang Birthday Cake Bash Review

Top 10 Rankings

1. Cherry Blade Lemonade
2. Sour Heads
3. Frose Rose
4. Cotton Candy
5. Birthday Cake Bash
6. Purple Haze
7. Rainbow Unicorn
8. Bangster Berry
9. Black Cherry Vanilla
10. Purple Guava Pear

totalpackage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It works very well, better than it sold it would seem. Never clumps tightly on me either, which is tough to find.
I've gone through two tubs and it's NEVER clumped up on me and it mixes very well!

jamesm11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Top 10 Rankings

1. Cherry Blade Lemonade
2. Sour Heads
3. Frose Rose
4. Cotton Candy
5. Birthday Cake Bash
6. Purple Haze
7. Rainbow Unicorn
8. Bangster Berry
9. Black Cherry Vanilla
10. Purple Guava Pear
Woah woah woah, purple guava pear is the best flavor

ToDie4Test

Awards

Top 10 Rankings

1. Cherry Blade Lemonade
2. Sour Heads
3. Frose Rose
4. Cotton Candy
5. Birthday Cake Bash
6. Purple Haze
7. Rainbow Unicorn
8. Bangster Berry
9. Black Cherry Vanilla
10. Purple Guava Pear
Appreciate the review. Just subbed to your channel.

ToDie4Test

Awards
Excited to try these! Always been a huge cinnamon fan but the old cinnamon quest bars were not even close to the top for me. Hopefully these change that!
Just grabbed one at my nearest VS thanks to Bob's review (I didn't even know Quest revamped this flavor). I can confirm they're much, much better tasting now.

DEVANS89

DEVANS89

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
When most brands are dropping the ingredient black stone just adds it in..

Either, they have found evidence that it’s ok to use

Or they don’t care/out of touch with supplements and ingredients

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
This is exactly why I do reviews.... Just trying to be honest and give you my 2 cents.
Not too many people making such detailed honest reviews. No knock on anyone I have done reviews and logs and have not been able to pin point effectiveness or articulate taste like you do.

Long winded good job Dave man is what I am saying lol

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I should mention glycergrow 2.0 is not discontinued :)
Oh thank God; that was not my understanding - I was so bummed when I thought I couldn’t get more! The little bit of sodium and potassium in it really helps get everything hydrated & full quickly.

soxbsbll05

soxbsbll05

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Decent pre workout formula outside of the Teacrine. Not sure why companies are still using it when its effects are not felt until 1-2 hours after taking it....

00A

00A

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Decent pre workout formula outside of the Teacrine. Not sure why companies are still using it when its effects are not felt until 1-2 hours after taking it....
Edit. 2.5g Betaine

Last edited:
aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
And low dose of betaine need least 3.5g
2.5g

But 2g isn’t a waste or anything. Still, I can’t imagine 500mg more would’ve changed the per unit cost too much

Reactions: 00A

Mike Arnold

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I would say it kicks in within 45-60 minutes, in my experience. It may kick in 20 minutes into training, but most people train much longer than 20 minutes. I like teacrine, particularly when stacked with caffeine and dynamine.

soxbsbll05

soxbsbll05

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I would say it kicks in within 45-60 minutes, in my experience. It may kick in 20 minutes into training, but most people train much longer than 20 minutes. I like teacrine, particularly when stacked with caffeine and dynamine.
I like teacrine too. I use it daily stacked with dynamite as my morning pick me up since they work well together.

IMO, I would much rather have the mood boost in a preworkout hit early on with some extended release caffeine to prolong the energy. Everyone is different though!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I would like to try it!!!

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Do people really need 425mg of caffeine to actually workout (325mg Caffeine + 100mg DiCaffeine Malate)?
If so I truly question their sole reason for working out or mental fortitude in the first place.
It is like its a race to see who can make the larger stim bomb now and days.

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I agree 200mg is my max of caffine. Don't mind some E or Y tossed in. But most preworkouts have become too high for me.

_Endure_

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Darkside pre looks pretty decent still at one scoop and good balance with caffeine. Agreed on the Teacrine though, not sure why it's still used really at all anymore.

Last edited: