the napalm detroit barbell experience...

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
I got a few there albums on my iPhone. I'd get more but I'm all out of room got over 2k songs on it I think

napalm

napalm

Awards
bench

warmup
band pull aparts, a lot of them
bar x 1k
95x5
135x5
185x2x5
205x3
225x2

work
245x3 1 board
265x2 1 board
275 1 board
shirt
315x2 2 board - hurt, not enough weight
345 2 board - bar flew off my chest so fast i almost lost it
365 2 board got it, clay wanted two, but i grunted and lost my air. clay yelled 'this isn't martial arts, we don't ki!" i got the message.
365 2 board bar flew up, but i lost it a little towards my feet at the top. bad bar path, clay took it, but i think i could have fought it back.

thoughts,

boy, what a difference a week makes. i think i made some progress today. i soaked all the seams on the shirt, and i think it helped, it doesn't feel like i'm going to die anymore. the extra 1/4 inch i trimmed off the sleeves made all the difference in the world. i could keep the thing on w/o my fingers going numb. got everything down to a 2 board, so i'm happy with that. i'm still trying to figure out when to start bringing my elbows in - and that is directly related to how far down the collar of the shirt is. i noticed a couple times it was easier to bring my elbows in when the collar was pulled down. i think clay was ok w how i did today, i didn't get yelled at, at least not bad. he did lose it when i was ready to go, he was there and nobody was there to spot or hand off. he fcking yelled "we have a guy who is new w a shirt, you a.ssholes should know he's gonna need 3 spotters. if you can't remember that, don't come back." oh yeah, he did yell 'get that fcking 4 board out of there" when i wanted 315 to a 4, just to warm up. i was a lot more comfortable w my middle finger on the rings, as opposed to my index finger.

another friday at db...

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Good job napalm I think it's really cool we get to join u on this journey from the very beginning and you detailed log really helps me understand what's going on and how it being taught

napalm

napalm

Awards
Good job napalm I think it's really cool we get to join u on this journey from the very beginning and you detailed log really helps me understand what's going on and how it being taught
txs d, it is a journey and i have no idea what i'm doing yet, but we'll get there by may.

i haven't even thought about putting the squat suit on yet...

Nice work Napalm!
txs big shot...

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'd love to train at that place, just once. The no bullshyt air adds 100# to everyone's total just by being there.

napalm

napalm

Awards
I'd love to train at that place, just once. The no bullshyt air adds 100# to everyone's total just by being there.
you would love it. a 900 lb bencher yelling at you what to do. all you have to do is do it. when i got there today, i told clay i soaked the seams, he said, "i'm not worried about the seams, i'm worried about your melon."

i tried to use that to my advantage. i gotta get more vids, it's hard because 1. i don't remember and 2. it's pretty crowded on our 3 benches on friday. someone would have to move w all the spotters

i'm getting more comfortable saying "our" benches. i've only been there a month...

jem6702

jem6702

Awards
Another solid training day.

Following has got me thinking that going it alone is not the best choice.

napalm

napalm

Awards
is it just me or do you guys always have elitefts open on your computer for some reason or another?

LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
I know I open everyday in hopes a sale corresponds with a day I actually have some money lol

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lawl. So true. I dunno how the prices compare on howmuchyabench versus efs, but I've always ordered from Mark directly and gotten my stuff in jig time.

napalm

napalm

Awards
squat/deadlift(bar weighed 50 lbs for squat)

warmup
stretch/rumble/roll mash for about 20 minutes

bar x 5
100x5
140x5
190x2x5
230x5
250x3
280x3
300x1 - this was supposed to be a double but i stopped after one, i noticed right out of the gate all my weight was on my left side
300x2 best set of the day per my training partners

deadlift
135x5
225x5
275x3
315x3
365x1
405x1, here it is, this felt like more of a grind than it looks:
[video=youtube;tS7guy215uc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tS7guy215uc[/video]

done

thoughts,
i wanted to work on not favoring my right achilles today, but caught myself doing it twice. this may gonna take longer than i thought, still not a lot of confidence in my squat. deadlifts were moving fast, the 405 felt much slower than it looked on vid. i'm cool w it after squatting first. you can here jj yelling at me to look up during the 405, gotta be more aware of that during my setup. one of my training partners, carl, called it after working up to a whopping 95 on his squat today, so of course we ridiculed him mercilessly the rest of the day.

now i'm going to sit and watch the spartans on tv, then go do the snow.

i just plowed 4 double cheeseburgers for ~1800 cals...

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
My bench is like that...feels brutal and looks easyish haha awesome work napalm!

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice work man. I envy you... The way the bar actually bends when you pull on it. Lol.

napalm

napalm

Awards
Nice work man. I envy you... The way the bar actually bends when you pull on it. Lol.
lol, it would bend a lot more if you pulled on it. i was a little tired at that point. still getting used to squatting and pulling heavy on the same day.

My bench is like that...feels brutal and looks easyish haha awesome work napalm!
thanks robbie, making progress. that's only the second time i've pulled 4 plates. i did i think 417 at worlds, but got two ghey red lights.

Nice your coming back quick
thanks brother...

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
lol, it would bend a lot more if you pulled on it. i was a little tired at that point. still getting used to squatting and pulling heavy on the same day.

thanks robbie, making progress. that's only the second time i've pulled 4 plates. i did i think 417 at worlds, but got two ghey red lights.

thanks brother...
Hey man I give you props for both in one day. Other than meets that's a no go for me. I'm just complaining because the bars I have to use right now are awful in so many ways.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Won't be the last!

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Let's not forget just how ghey those reds at worlds were. Like, super totally ghey.

napalm

napalm

Awards
Jebus, I feel like I was hit by a truck this morning. My lower rectus is really sore this morning, like I hope I don't sneeze sore.

Prolly from pushing against my belt?

capo180

Awards
  • Established
In.

Good work big man. Nice pull. Most would feel like they got hit by a truck after squating 300 and pulling 400 in the same day.

LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
Jebus, I feel like I was hit by a truck this morning. My lower rectus is really sore this morning, like I hope I don't sneeze sore.

I hear ya. Finally got a dl session in my new belt Saturday and ive got all sorts of sore going on from breakin that sumabitch in

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

I would say so. I get that sometimes from pulls. Especially deficits...freaking brutal

napalm

napalm

Awards
Txs guys, it's been a chore just walking today. Good thing tomorrow is an easy day, just weak point stuff. Weds all bets are off though.

I've only done deficits once like 3 weeks ago. Wouldn't be surprised to see them weds...

napalm

napalm

Awards
assistance day

ghr's 100 total, did 7x10 then just tried to survive the rest w sets of whatever. tomorrow should be fun.

vbar pushdowns 5x10 w 80

hammer curls...who cares

lunges 5x5 w 25's

rolled before and after, about 1/2 hour total

thoughts

i'm still pretty beat up from sunday, lower back has been bleh since. really rolled the fck out of it. rolled adductors, mashed everything before and after.

i even had to break out the ointment today (insert quote edit here) - some icy freeze shyt w arnica and some other stuff in it.

that is all...

napalm

napalm

Awards
Your hamstrings are gonna hate you tomorrow
i know

my feet are too small for that thing, all the padding has been worn off by the 275 lb gorillas at db, and it's hard for me to keep them locked in...

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Does yours have any hook attatchments at the bottom so you can rig a miniband around your neck (autoerotic asphyxiation anyone? jk)to provide some resistance?

napalm

napalm

Awards
Does yours have any hook attatchments at the bottom so you can rig a miniband around your neck (autoerotic asphyxiation anyone? jk)to provide some resistance?
yup, a couple dudes before me were using the bands. i could prolly do the bands, but i want to get a lot more w no resistance, like thousands of them...

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
yup, a couple dudes before me were using the bands. i could prolly do the bands, but i want to get a lot more w no resistance, like thousands of them...
Give em a try sometime. I'm normally too tired to bother tho lol

They just provide a little more to lock it out A thousand would be cool..

Your 100 is disguisting enough

CincyKiller45

CincyKiller45

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Love the work that has been done in here. Beast!

Edit: I think BB back extensions are great for the hams and the whole PC. I see it as a very useful exercise especially for locking out on DL's. They. Suck.

napalm

napalm

Awards
Love the work that has been done in here. Beast!

Edit: I think BB back extensions are great for the hams and the whole PC. I see it as a very useful exercise especially for locking out on DL's. They. Suck.
tx brother, my back just got sore reading the words bb back extensions.

.Your 100 is disguisting enough
but my squat and deadlift will love me...

napalm

napalm

Awards
oh, me and jj were talking about my 405 from sunday, he said it was terrible and to get my ass down at the start.

sadly, he's right :(

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
oh, me and jj were talking about my 405 from sunday, he said it was terrible and to get my ass down at the start.

sadly, he's right :(
But it's good to hear that stuff. I'll say it again, and even my coach said it last week after I was astonished to squat 420 for several triples; environment makes all the difference.

I'd rather have my ass chewed real time by a dude that knows his shît, than never get intense feedback at all.

napalm

napalm

Awards
Rack pulls

Not a very productive day. Apparently my back was ready to pull, but my trunk muscles weren't. Felt off from the first warmup. Got up to 515x3, felt a twinge in my groin and shut it down.

Rolled it and took a tennis ball to it immediately. Feels ok now, I think I shut it down at the right time, anymore I think would have been costly.

We'll rest it, bench on Friday and reevaluate on Sunday

:(

CincyKiller45

CincyKiller45

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good call on shutting it down. You'll be ok, no injury can keep Napalm down. Not too long at least.

napalm

napalm

Awards
Good call on shutting it down. You'll be ok, no injury can keep Napalm down. Not too long at least.
yeah, i think it'll be ok. no pain or anything now, and it doesn't feel like it's swollen. don't know if it'll bother me squatting sunday, but i might have to pull light or skip it a week.

i knew from the start something was wrong, i shouldn't have done any work sets...

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
RICE just to be sure. Never hurts to be too cautious. My '62 bug broke down a lot until I started doing preventative stuff nearly every day (I got rid of it so I'm not sure this analogy goes over well).

napalm

napalm

Awards
so i'm a broken down vw bug that should have been taking better care of himself?

thanks dave, knew i could count on you buddy...

:sgrin:

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
so i'm a broken down vw bug that should have been taking better care of himself? thanks dave, knew i could count on you buddy... :sgrin:
Yes, errr, I mean no. Just saying more preventative work as the years climb. I'm 35 and I have to work a lot harder to stay agile and mobile than I did when I was 18. But, my test level is 1089 (prescribed) so I'm ok with some additional rolling, mashing and stretching.

CincyKiller45

CincyKiller45

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
so i'm a broken down vw bug that should have been taking better care of himself? thanks dave, knew i could count on you buddy... :sgrin:
I lol'd.

You might be a 62' bug that requires some preventative measures, but you got a gold medal hanging from the rear view.

Oh, and some sweet a$$ hubcaps.

napalm

napalm

Awards
I lol'd. You might be a 62' bug that requires some preventative measures, but you got a gold medal hanging from the rear view. Oh, and some sweet a$$ hubcaps.
Lol, txs brochacho.

The groinal area doesn't seem to have any issues this morning. I can feel a little something, but I'm not going to be concerned about it at this point.

If I gotta skip a week of deads, than so be it...