The Gut Health Question Thread

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A thread where you all can ask you questions regarding Gut Health. This keeps the information consolidated for all to use and enjoy. :djparty:

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
What no questions?? Must be because everyone knows how great it is!!!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is it true that the new larger sized bottle should be available within 2 weeks?

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is it true that the new larger sized bottle should be available within 2 weeks?
Oh it's true ;).......Gut Health is just that good!

ebpd201

Awards
Can you tell me what the benefits of your KE-99 product is over a competitors (PBH, didn't want to source hopefully you'll figure it out). Gut Health shows 35 caps @ 1 billion organisms per cap @ $14.95 (Nutra price) while PBH shows 60 tabs @ 5 billion organisms per tab @ $14.36 (price with quantity discount). I like ordering from Nutra, but PBH's seems like the better deal and PBH claims to hold the patent on the strain. Am I wrong?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Can you tell me what the benefits of your KE-99 product is over a competitors (PBH, didn't want to source hopefully you'll figure it out). Gut Health shows 35 caps @ 1 billion organisms per cap @ $14.95 (Nutra price) while PBH shows 60 tabs @ 5 billion organisms per tab @ $14.36 (price with quantity discount). I like ordering from Nutra, but PBH's seems like the better deal and PBH claims to hold the patent on the strain. Am I wrong?
You are correct...we licensed the strain from them in order to take it national.

The product you are looking at is not the liquid filled caps. They use 5 billion organisms because, in dry form, the organisms begin dying immediately. By the time they reach you, there could very well be ZERO live organisms, which doesn't do you a whole lot of good. Most Probiotic formulas require refrigeration in order to slow this process down...the KE-99 liquidgels are hearty enough not to need refrigeration...they feed on and thrive in the oil environment of the capsules.

If you will notice, they have switched to the same NPIB process we use (at a higher price) and theirs are not enteric coated (which means they are subject to exposure to damaging stomach environment).

We improved the product, and are able to take a MUCH lower margin since we sell direct to Nutra...hence the VERY affordable price of Gut Health.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You are correct...we licensed the strain from them in order to take it national.

The product you are looking at is not the liquid filled caps. They use 5 billion organisms because, in dry form, the organisms begin dying immediately. By the time they reach you, there could very well be ZERO live organisms, which doesn't do you a whole lot of good. Most Probiotic formulas require refrigeration in order to slow this process down...the KE-99 liquidgels are hearty enough not to need refrigeration...they feed on and thrive in the oil environment of the capsules.

If you will notice, they have switched to the same NPIB process we use (at a higher price) and theirs are not enteric coated (which means they are subject to exposure to damaging stomach environment).

We improved the product, and are able to take a MUCH lower margin since we sell direct to Nutra...hence the VERY affordable price of Gut Health.
Exactly. The oil preservation alone has impoved upon the original intentions many fold. The aspect of avoiding gastric acid destruction through enteric coating is genius. The product was made better by RPN. :)

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
I have a question, do probiotics from other sources such as greens, yogurt, living food bars, etc. affect Gut Health? Will they 'battle' for dominance or do they all get along with Gut Health being the one that's large and in charge?

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have a question, do probiotics from other sources such as greens, yogurt, living food bars, etc. affect Gut Health? Will they 'battle' for dominance or do they all get along with Gut Health being the one that's large and in charge?
Most probiotics like matt said are destroyed long before they even get to the intestinal tract to colonize. The probiotic lactobacillus that are contained in yogurt are destryoed long before the can produce any significant benefit. Environmental factors and gastric acid attribute to destruction of most of these probiotic bacteria.

Gut Health was designed for stability at room temperature, and to survive gastric acid destruction via enteric coating. Basically, RPN took the overall probiotic concept and found a way to make it very effective overall.

ebpd201

Awards
Thank you for the response Dsade. I am leaning more towards Gut Health now. I'll wait on pricing for the new larger sized bottle. Any idea? Presale at Nutra?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thank you for the response Dsade. I am leaning more towards Gut Health now. I'll wait on pricing for the new larger sized bottle. Any idea? Presale at Nutra?
Caps and bottles are done...just waiting on labels, which have around a 4 day turnaround time. The larger size should be delivered within 2 weeks.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Most probiotics like matt said are destroyed long before they even get to the intestinal tract to colonize. The probiotic lactobacillus that are contained in yogurt are destryoed long before the can produce any significant benefit. Environmental factors and gastric acid attribute to destruction of most of these probiotic bacteria.

Gut Health was designed for stability at room temperature, and to survive gastric acid destruction via enteric coating. Basically, RPN took the overall probiotic concept and found a way to make it very effective overall.
Danke Trauma, I reckon that makes sense, most probiotics would die before reaching the small intestine, cause I know dang well that my yogurt and greens aren't enteric coated :)

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Danke Trauma, I reckon that makes sense, most probiotics would die before reaching the small intestine, cause I know dang well that my yogurt and greens aren't enteric coated :)
Shhh...this is something that the billion dollar yogurt industry does NOT want you to know.

Look at the multi-million dollar ad campaign for DanActive yogurt...then look at the studies on survival rates for the organisms ingested from yogurt...something amiss there.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Shhh...this is something that the billion dollar yogurt industry does NOT want you to know.

Look at the multi-million dollar ad campaign for DanActive yogurt...then look at the studies on survival rates for the organisms ingested from yogurt...something amiss there.
Calgon?! Ancient Chinese secret eh?

peece

peece

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys, just wondering if it is cool just to go 1 cap from the start to gauge its effects on my body?
btw i ordered 2 bottles and have high hopes that it reduces the "toots" as my son would say

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey guys, just wondering if it is cool just to go 1 cap from the start to gauge its effects on my body?
btw i ordered 2 bottles and have high hopes that it reduces the "toots" as my son would say
Well, you CAN but it will take longer for the beneficial strains to dominate the intestinal flora and manifest benefits.

peece

peece

Awards
  • Established
Well, you CAN but it will take longer for the beneficial strains to dominate the intestinal flora and manifest benefits.
I thank you from the bowel of my..... um well yea tnx

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I honestly would stick with the standard protocol of pre-loading 2 caps/day x 5 days, followed by maintenance dosing of 1 cap/daily. During the intital pre-loading phase, you may experience some gastric/intestinal discomfort. However, please don't be discouraged by this. This effect is brought about as the battle within the intestinal bacterial flora takes place.

After you make it through that first week, it's smooth sailing from there on out. I really think you will be impressed with all the extended benefits this type of supplementation has to offer. RPN took the probiotic concept and made it very effective in the end. :bb3:

peece

peece

Awards
  • Established
I honestly would stick with the standard protocol of pre-loading 2 caps/day x 5 days, followed by maintenance dosing of 1 cap/daily. During the intital pre-loading phase, you may experience some gastric/intestinal discomfort. However, please don't be discouraged by this. This effect is brought about as the battle within the intestinal bacterial flora takes place.

After you make it through that first week, it's smooth sailing from there on out. I really think you will be impressed with all the extended benefits this type of supplementation has to offer. RPN took the probiotic concept and made it very effective in the end. :bb3:
right on, will doo doo

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
1. Have you tested a bottle that has been made for quite a while to make sure that none of the organisms have all died, despite not being in the refridgerator ?

2. How many capsules will the new bottle contain ? I tried doing 1 capsule a day after 5 days, but I think I like using 2 every day.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
1. Have you tested a bottle that has been made for quite a while to make sure that none of the organisms have all died, despite not being in the refridgerator ?

2. How many capsules will the new bottle contain ? I tried doing 1 capsule a day after 5 days, but I think I like using 2 every day.
the organism has been tested repeatedly in various environments, and found not only to survive at room temperature, but to thrive in olive oil (actually increasing in number).

The new bottles will contain 75 capsules.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I definitely need to order a couple bottles. The last bottle I went through helped a ton with the stomach issues I was having. The good news is that since i've stopped using GH, I haven't had any relapse into gastrointestinal hell but the thought of going back through that again made me rethink holding off on buying some more :)

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I definitely need to order a couple bottles. The last bottle I went through helped a ton with the stomach issues I was having. The good news is that since i've stopped using GH, I haven't had any relapse into gastrointestinal hell but the thought of going back through that again made me rethink holding off on buying some more :)
I hear ya buddy. The new (75ct)bottles should be out shortly.:D

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
LOL If I could do it for anyone it would be you!
haha....thats love right there..lol

im through 2 of my 4 bottles, gonna have to make another order in a bit...i was taking it like candy in the dominican...only thing that helped with the bloating of all that food and booze.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Wellllll....The cough is getting better but the naseau is setting in..no throwing up but just feel like it:( The headache and stuffy nose seems to be getting better. If I could just lose the pukey feeling!!

I tried to shovel snow today and had to stop because of the sick feeling. I think my leg day with the trainer tonight is going to be a disaster.

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
uhhh...leg day + sick = puking for me....lol...no dice

Wellllll....The cough is getting better but the naseau is setting in..no throwing up but just feel like it:( The headache and stuffy nose seems to be getting better. If I could just lose the pukey feeling!!

I tried to shovel snow today and had to stop because of the sick feeling. I think my leg day with the trainer tonight is going to be a disaster.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I had a nasty case of the flu with bronchitis and a freakin sinus infection. i thought i was dying. Blowing my nose with tons of blood coming out while coughing up rivers of fluid...God it was fun :)

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Well i think i jinx'd myself......I'm getting sick now. :sick: Seems to be a bronchitis.......great timing as usual for me, right before some time off from work lol.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
love the albuterol inhaler :)
Yeah i have a slew of them myself at home lol. I guess all the people hacking all over the place at work this week finally got to me.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I had a nasty case of the flu with bronchitis and a freakin sinus infection. i thought i was dying. Blowing my nose with tons of blood coming out while coughing up rivers of fluid...God it was fun :)

This is what I have add in the naseau. I'm losing muscle because I don't want to eat. But I might try the gym.. I know, why her leg day has made me sick anyway. But I feel like a loser sitting around.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I have no inhaler so I just cough and live with the lung burning.. Poor T, hope you feel better soon. That sucks it happened on your time off. At least maybe you will get to rest and get spoiled:(

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i tried that Crader and it damn near put me in the emergency room. Too many bacteria and gems from other people who are sick trying to work out. Within 12 hours of going to the gym I was so bad i actually scared myself cause i thought I was actually dying. Shakes, throwing up, 103 fever, hot and cold flashes etc. it was the most miserable i had been in a very long time.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Well I have not had a fever for a full day and a half. I'm just stuck with this naseau. Her leg day has made me sick twice though when I was healthy. Since its all plyometrics and cardio related it might be tough. But I can always quit the class if its too much.

fitnecise

Awards

There are a few studies from the last few months that actually support the efficacy of probiotic yogurt. Unsure on the Immunitas strain, though.

icanrace

icanrace

Awards
when are the new, bigger bottles going to be available?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The labels are here, so we are just waiting for the full bottles to be delivered.

icanrace

icanrace

Awards
that sounds great guys.
Beween this product and Havoc, I'm afraid you might have another customer for quite some time. I love them both!

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
that sounds great guys.
Beween this product and Havoc, I'm afraid you might have another customer for quite some time. I love them both!
We greatly appreciate your patronage! :)

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
haha....thats love right there..lol

im through 2 of my 4 bottles, gonna have to make another order in a bit...i was taking it like candy in the dominican...only thing that helped with the bloating of all that food and booze.
yea those apple-martinis do creep up on you after a while