The best way to get shredded for summer and keep your lean muscle!?

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Sub to read later.

DangerDave

DangerDave

Awards
I have lost about 2% bf so far. After the first week or 2 it starts falling off.

Hajiroku

Hajiroku

Awards
  • Established
In three weeks I went from 13.5% to 8.9%. I have three more weeks to go and I plan on getting as shredded as possible!

masonmarin18

masonmarin18

Awards
  • Established
Yeah wtf man hahah, I am following this **** strict I believe I am around 10% **** is slowing down ALOT.

TryHard23

TryHard23

Awards
You should read the article before you comment. Your inability to understand what I said and make a educated statement leads me to believe you are new to working out or incapable of understanding carb depletion. I said nothing like that.
You, kind, or not so kind sir, lead me to believe you are new to sarcasm. You sound quite pretentious, trying to make me look stupid. At least use the correct article when saying I'm unable to make an <------ educated statement. But hey, at least you can lift heavy things.........

TankShift

TankShift

Awards
Right now I am at 150g carbs/day. Since I stalled on my fatloss, I am about to drop it to <50 and up the fats. Will see how it goes with refeeds on 1 weekend day.

masonmarin18

masonmarin18

Awards
  • Established
Right now I am at 150g carbs/day. Since I stalled on my fatloss, I am about to drop it to <50 and up the fats. Will see how it goes with refeeds on 1 weekend day.

Nice, let me know how it goes for you! I've dropped alot of fat but I think I dropped weight a little too much to fast. I think I am going to start refeeding every 4-5th day for just one day and try to slow my fatloss down to just 3-4 lbs a month. Only got like 2-3% more to lose before I am where I want to be :D.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice, let me know how it goes for you! I've dropped alot of fat but I think I dropped weight a little too much to fast. I think I am going to start refeeding every 4-5th day for just one day and try to slow my fatloss down to just 3-4 lbs a month. Only got like 2-3% more to lose before I am where I want to be :D.
Yea that happened to me too! Lost a bit too much to quick so my strength went down slightly. Adjusted accordingly and now my strength is creeping back up!

masonmarin18

masonmarin18

Awards
  • Established
Yea that happened to me too! Lost a bit too much to quick so my strength went down slightly. Adjusted accordingly and now my strength is creeping back up!

Yeah I added some more calories / carbs on refeeds last week and today my strength was higher then it has been the past few weeks so I think thats a good sign! Slow and steady is the key.

thestein1016

thestein1016

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I added some more calories / carbs on refeeds last week and today my strength was higher then it has been the past few weeks so I think thats a good sign! Slow and steady is the key.
If your workouts are lacking energy, instead of adding more carbs to your refeed add them to your low carb days. If you add them to your refeed days, youre gonna burn through them at the next heavy workout. By the mid part of your low carb run youll be to tired.
What are you macros right now?

Im still running 300-130-100 with <6% bf

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
How do you manage to get 300 g of pro a day man? I am gonna give this IFing thing a try here in about 2 weeks and I can't fathom how I am going to accomplish getting 2.5 g of pro / pd of body weight. Just a bunch of salmon, chicken, and extra lean turkey is what I'm gonna try to start. Any words of wisdom or advice?

thestein1016

thestein1016

Awards
  • Established
This is my current meal plan that Ill run untill i get sick of it. I usually eat 7 to 8 meals but this quarter at school has me on campus all day and I my sixpack bag wont fit anymore meals =/

Meal 1 5:30 am (pre-workout meal - gym at 8am)
78g myofusion pro
2 cup almond breeze
30g quest bar
2 kashi waffles

meal 2 (post workout)
50g iso-ology
20g MP recon
20g waxymaize

meal 3
2 eggs
4oz egg starts
4 slice bacon
20g cheese
1 98% fat free tortilla

meal 4
160g flank steak
2 low carb tortillas

Meal 5
50g muscle milk
15g almond butter
2 cup almond breeze

meal 6
160g chicken
20g cheese
2 low carb tortillas

thestein1016

thestein1016

Awards
  • Established
This is the meal plan I prefer
meal 1:
30g myofusion
52g kashi go lean
20g almond butter
2cups almond breeze

meal 2
50g iso-ology
20g recon

meal 3
2 eggs
4oz egg starters
20g cheese
4 slice bacon

meal 4
160g flank steak

meal 5
33g american whey
1 cup almond breeze
26g kashi go lean
20g almond butter

meal 6
160 chicken breast

meal 7
34g trutein
20g almond butter
1 cup almond breeze

meal 8
160g tilapia
2 tbsp reduced fat olive oil mayo

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Damn thanks a lot for that man wasn't expecting the whole diet plan. I might have to try and find a couple of the things you got like the kashi waffles sound intriguing. I can see how you get in the pro with that diet. Thanks a lot as I will definately use that as one of many of my reference points when I sit down and write out my diet plan next week sometime. I like to rely a little more on solid food than powders but I think I'm gonna have to rely on them a little more with the macro breakdown.

thestein1016

thestein1016

Awards
  • Established
Damn thanks a lot for that man wasn't expecting the whole diet plan. I might have to try and find a couple of the things you got like the kashi waffles sound intriguing. I can see how you get in the pro with that diet. Thanks a lot as I will definately use that as one of many of my reference points when I sit down and write out my diet plan next week sometime. I like to rely a little more on solid food than powders but I think I'm gonna have to rely on them a little more with the macro breakdown.
whole food > powder for the most part. However some of my professors dont like it when I bring in tupperwares of food to eat during class, even when I tell them Im competing, LOL. They say all the great smells distract them and my friends haha

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Haha that makes total sense. And yes, I'm sure your classmates appreciate you not consuming whole chicken breasts in front of them haha. I am picturing myself doing that and how pissed the people in my class. Especially the noon classes. Ha. But ya you gotta do what you gotta do to get your macros in. Ill have to remember this for next year when I'm stranded at school all day.

masonmarin18

masonmarin18

Awards
  • Established
If your workouts are lacking energy, instead of adding more carbs to your refeed add them to your low carb days. If you add them to your refeed days, youre gonna burn through them at the next heavy workout. By the mid part of your low carb run youll be to tired.
What are you macros right now?

Im still running 300-130-100 with <6% bf

I'm not lacking energy but I just lost some strength in my bench and I thought I was looking smaller then I was. Thought I had lost some muscle mass, probably did but hopefully not much. I'm still not counting macros efficiently, my parents don't like spending alot of money on food and I am getting a new job soon so I can buy myself more food. I keep my carbs under 50-70 grams and then on refeeds I just eat more then I would usually.

I am still having good results but I would love more than anything to have the foods I want all the time and be able to count my macros / cals every day.

I still need to figure a way to count how much chicken im eating and **** like that. I know some pretty ripped people who don't count macros but I definetly want to asap.

thestein1016

thestein1016

Awards
  • Established
I'm not lacking energy but I just lost some strength in my bench and I thought I was looking smaller then I was. Thought I had lost some muscle mass, probably did but hopefully not much. I'm still not counting macros efficiently, my parents don't like spending alot of money on food and I am getting a new job soon so I can buy myself more food. I keep my carbs under 50-70 grams and then on refeeds I just eat more then I would usually.

I am still having good results but I would love more than anything to have the foods I want all the time and be able to count my macros / cals every day.

I still need to figure a way to count how much chicken im eating and **** like that. I know some pretty ripped people who don't count macros but I definetly want to asap.
You look smaller because when you go low carb you become "flat". Low glycogen storage = less full muscles. Youll notice after your re-feed you look nice and full.

masonmarin18

masonmarin18

Awards
  • Established
You look smaller because when you go low carb you become "flat". Low glycogen storage = less full muscles. Youll notice after your re-feed you look nice and full.
Yeah defintely look nice and full after I refeed. My abs seems to wash out a bit though. Just means I need to get more shredded :D haha. I read something about refeeding more often when you are lower bodyfat? I was thinking of training 3 days low carb, Refeeding on an offday, then 3 days on low carb again.

What do you think? What does your refeed schedule look like?

masonmarin18

masonmarin18

Awards
  • Established
BatCountry

BatCountry

Awards
Theres evidence out now that shows older men respond better to the opposite: fats in the morning, carbs in the evening.
i would be interested to know more about this as i am older and have been following the carb intake morning and cutoff afternoon protocol. Was there a paper on this?