TGR's FINAFlEXing Preworkout Trifecta (sponsored)

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok, this ^^^ workout was amazing! You are in beast mode now! Glad my routines can help chisel you! Lol. Nice job RJ!!!
Thanks bro. The combo of Stimul8 and the high-paced GVT has my blood flowing for sure, and I think I may keep those adjustable benches around for a while.

Great job brother. I bet those pumps were borderline painful. Gameday and Max Pump always made me have to take my watch off because It got too tight during the workouts
Thanks Drew. Not quite painful, but we'll see when I start doing dips and drag curls.

Great update again. You gotta be either a skinny mo fo or a beast to hit ten sets of ten with tempo on bw pull ups. I can hit maybe two sets but that's it when using the right tempo.
Thanks Montana. I'd love to get to where I could do a few sets at least with that tempo. I was trying to focus on not biting my tongue off there at the end.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks bro. The combo of Stimul8 and the high-paced GVT has my blood flowing for sure, and I think I may keep those adjustable benches around for a while.

Thanks Drew. Not quite painful, but we'll see when I start doing dips and drag curls.

Thanks Montana. I'd love to get to where I could do a few sets at least with that tempo. I was trying to focus on not biting my tongue off there at the end.
Lol

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just popped two more Crea-Trona. Going to go to the 2 pills 2xDaily on training days and just two for non-training days.

Day 2, and no crash from Stimul8. I even tried to close my eyes at lunch today because I was bored and I didn't feel like crashing out. That's not too shabby with the amount of sleep I get. Usually by Thursday's I'm pretty tired from the 0330 wake ups, so we'll see how the rest of the week goes. It helps too that I only woke up twice last night. Least wake-ups during a night in months.

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just popped two more Crea-Trona. Going to go to the 2 pills 2xDaily on training days and just two for non-training days.

Day 2, and no crash from Stimul8. I even tried to close my eyes at lunch today because I was bored and I didn't feel like crashing out. That's not too shabby with the amount of sleep I get. Usually by Thursday's I'm pretty tired from the 0330 wake ups, so we'll see how the rest of the week goes. It helps too that I only woke up rice last night. Least wake-ups during a night in months. <-- I know that doesn't necessarily apply to the log, but it's worth noting to be consistent when monitoring whether or not I'm crashing.
Stimul8 is no joke!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Weight:
Pre coffee, nood- 193.2

Pre:
45 prior-
1 scoop protein powder
Coffee

15 prior-
1/2 scoop STIMUL8
4x Max Pump
2x Crea-Trona (2 more scheduled for noon)

Workout:
Tempo: 4.0.2.0 on all exercises except 21's. Breaks were 20/60 on super set 1, and 20/60 on 2, but no breaks before the added ex's.

SUPER SET 1:
Incline Dumbbell Curl 40

Set 1 : 30x10
Set 2 : 30x10
Set 3 : 30x10
Set 4 : 30x9
Set 5 : 30x9
Set 6 : 30x8
Set 7 : 30x7
Set 8 : 25x10
Set 9 : 25x10
Set 10 : 25x10
|
Cable Rope High Pulley Overhead Tricep Extension 133.33

Set 1 : 100x10
Set 2 : 100x10
Set 3 : 100x10
Set 4 : 100x10
Set 5 : 100x10
Set 6 : 100x10
Set 7 : 100x10
Set 8 : 100x10
Set 9 : 100x9
Set 10 : 100x9
|

SUPER SET 2

Barbell Drag Curl 101.33

Set 1 : 80x8
Set 2 : 70x10
Set 3 : 70x10 + 30# 21's EZ close grip (no break)
Set 4 : 70x9 + 20# 21's
|
Leaning reverse extension burnouts 20

Set 1 : 15x10
Set 2 : 15x9
Set 3 : 12.5x10 + BW dips xMAX (no break)
Set 4 : 12.5x10 + BW dips xMAX

|
Notes

STIMUL8:
Still sitting perfect at 1/2 scoop. HR wasn't too high, but high enough to get me sweating at my workout pace.

Max Pump/Crea-Trona:
Holy **** my arms were insanely pumped. Almost took a pic but was running late. Probably doing legs again Saturday so I'll pump my quad up for a photo.

My wife said my belly looked smaller today (I've put some belly fat recently), but what she meant to say is that I'm looking swole as hell, therefore my belly looks smaller. I'm still feeling larger now in my work uniform.

Speaking of my wife, she's on her 4th or 5th week of her workout routine. It's the first time in her life that she has done any type of routine. I'm proud of her. She mentioned that Saturday she wants to try a PWO (she's never tried one). What size scoop should I let her try? Or, should I let her try a weaker stim like Jack3D micro? I don't want her scared away on her first time, and I also don't want her sneaking scoops of my STIMUL8. She can have the Jack... :)

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Speaking of my wife, she's on her 4th or 5th week of her workout routine. It's the first time in her life that she has done any type of routine. I'm proud of her. She mentioned that Saturday she wants to try a PWO (she's never tried one). What size scoop should I let her try? Or, should I let her try a weaker stim like Jack3D micro? I don't want her scared away on her first time, and I also don't want her sneaking scoops of my STIMUL8. She can have the Jack... :)
lol
I would go no more than 1/2 scoop for her, if you decide to spoil her with Stimul8...maybe even 1/3 scoop tbh

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, definitely no more than 1/3 scoop IMO.
It is better to feel it out without getting stimmed out on the first try.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes I think a third of a scoop to start would be perfect. Make sure she drinks it with plenty of water and that will be a good gauge on how she likes it.

Also what type of routine it's she doing?

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
She's doing some video routine. I can't remember what it's called. I'm hoping eventually she starts going to the gym with me, but she won't even work out in front of me.

1/3 scoop it is. She's going to love the flavor I think.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
women are funny that way
my ex-wife was the same way..
you'd think I was asking her to strip & do dirty-dancing for the whole neighborhood, the way she reacted to the idea of training around me..
Ha. Yeah. She's worried she looks funny or something, I think. Not sure why. If she aw some of the faces and grimaces I make when I work out...

She has an awesome a**, if I could get her in a squat rack.... Ohhh lawdy...

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
She's doing some video routine. I can't remember what it's called. I'm hoping eventually she starts going to the gym with me, but she won't even work out in front of me.

1/3 scoop it is. She's going to love the flavor I think.
I'm that case Stimul8 would indeed be the best case scenario. No need for a pump inducing product at all. She needs thermo and elevated heart rate wich is exactly what Stimul8 offers.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I decided to up my scoop to 2/3 for tomorrows session. I can always use the push with my weak points (shoulders/chest), and as I've said earlier in the log I tend to start to wear down by Thursdays from lack of sleep.

The wife wanted to wait until Saturday to try the PWO because she didn't know how she would feel afterwards with work, but I've done a good job of convince ring her there is no crash or nauseous feeling. She allowed me to allow her a dose for tomorrow. I'm hoping she's in! ;)

1/3 scoop for wifey, 2/3 for me mixed with uncapped Max Pump and Crea-Trona. I gave her little water so she can taste it and not worry about any chugging-bloat for a first timer. I'll log her thoughts too! :D

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh, foam in her cup is because I just shaked it, and the icebergs in mine are the generic BCAA's I added in. I have had no dilution issues with any of the FINAFLEX products.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Pre:
5g BCAA’s
2/3 scoop STIMUL8
4x Max Pump
2x Crea-Trona

Super Set 1:

Smith Machine Overhead Shoulder Press 180
Tempo 4.0.2

Set 1 : 135x10
Set 2 : 135x10
Set 3 : 135x10
Set 4 : 135x10
Set 5 : 135x9
Set 6 : 135x9
Set 7 : 135x10
Set 8 : 135x9

Switch to- (machine stolen)
Barbell Shoulder Press 117.17

Set 9 : 95x7
Set 10: 95x8

Super Set With |
Barbell Ab Rollout on Knees 10
Set 1 : 10 Laps/Reps
Set 2 : 10 Laps/Reps
Set 3 : 10 Laps/Reps
Set 4 : 9 Laps/Reps
Set 5 : 5 Laps/Reps

Switch to- (The rollouts had my abs on fire)

Decline Ab Reach 33.33
Set 1 : 25x10
Set 2 : 25x10
Set 3 : 25x10
Set 4 : 25x9
Set 5 : 25x8 + BWx3

Super Set 2, no breaks from 6-ways, hor presses, and shrugs (did leaning raise burnout on set 3 instead of shrug)

Six-Ways 12
Set 1 : 10x6
Set 1 : 5x4

Set 2 : 10x3
Set 2 : 5x3

Set 3 : 5x10
|
Horizontal Presses 6.67

Set 1 : 5x10
Set 2 : 5x6
Set 3 : 5x10
|
Dumbbell Shoulder Shrug w/ 5 sec hold at top

Set 1 : 65x10
Set 2 : 65x9
|
Notes:

I was tempted to go back to bed this morning. I couldn’t shake the yawns after my first cup of coffee. If I did not have a PWO I probably would have skipped.

My triceps, biceps, and lats all have DOM’s. I really love this GVT training.

I dig the 2/3 scoop. It’s just enough for my tolerance level right now. I started off a little slow, but I warmed up and had “bursts” of energy and pump throughout the workout. I was in the gym for 1:04:00, and I still had energy the minute I walked out as I did during any period of the workout, even though my shoulders were definitely spent. I think next week I’m going to try and get up earlier so that I can get another 15-30 in the gym and maximize the energy I’m getting from STIMU8.

My arms look massive today, and my triceps inflated during my presses. Unfortunately, with no BM today and the ab-pumps, my belly looks huge too. The 12oz Filet late last night probably didn’t help either.

My wife started her dose of STIMUL8 at 4:50 and finished drinking it by 5, starting her workout at 5. She said she won’t go as far as saying that she won’t take it again, but has mixed feelings. She said she felt warm, ears got a little tingly, and felt antsy. She gets a semi-uncomfortable feeling after two cups of coffee, so I’d say this is a win for a first timer. She did say that she put forth more effort on today’s workout than she typically does on a weekday.

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Max Pump works awesome to achieve that super swole look :D I beta tested the Stimul8 and let my wife try some as well. She loved it but getting her to the gym is another story

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You and the wife are rockin the Finaflex Stimul8! I need to add it back into the PWO mix myself. Nice AB rolls brother! Lol

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Max Pump works awesome to achieve that super swole look :D I beta tested the Stimul8 and let my wife try some as well. She loved it but getting her to the gym is another story
It really does.

You and the wife are rockin the Finaflex Stimul8! I need to add it back into the PWO mix myself. Nice AB rolls brother! Lol
Yeah, this is already becoming a top for me. Not only have I not crashed, I really don't feel tired at all. I closed my eyes at lunch but didn't feel the need to dose off. That's odd for me on a Thursday after having around 5 hours of inteerupted sleep for 4 straight days. Also, I'm experiencing the thermo effect that Wasme explains in his Stimul8 log. Not really all that hungry today.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It really does.

Yeah, this is already becoming a top for me. Not only have I not crashed, I really don't feel tired at all. I closed my eyes at lunch but didn't feel the need to dose off. That's odd for me on a Thursday after having around 5 hours of inteerupted sleep for 4 straight days. Also, I'm experiencing the thermo effect that Wasme explains in his Stimul8 log. Not really all that hungry today.
And the appetite suppression has kicked in :)

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice job there brother.. Pretty sh1tty that someone took your machine...

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice job there brother.. Pretty sh1tty that someone took your machine...
This happens all the time. It's no big deal though. Just got to switch to something else and keep pushing. I wanted the Smith this week so as to not push my shoulder too much. It's just starting to feel normal again.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This happens all the time. It's no big deal though. Just got to switch to something else and keep pushing. I wanted the Smith this week so as to not push my shoulder too much. It's just starting to feel normal again.
Should have taken it back :) run up screaming "MINE MINE MINE"!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Should have taken it back :) run up screaming "MINE MINE MINE"!
A few months ago some dude took my bench. I was p1ssed. As soon as he stood up from it I wheeled it back to where I was pressing. I felt like a jerk though.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A few months ago some dude took my bench. I was p1ssed. As soon as he stood up from it I wheeled it back to where I was pressing. I felt like a jerk though.
...my garage sounds better and better with each story you tell lol

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
...my garage sounds better and better with each story you tell lol
I concur. I want to have a setup one day...

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I concur. I want to have a setup one day...
I try to add something each year at Xmas... figure a gym membership each year would be 400.. so spending part of that on something is a fair trade!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I try to add something each year at Xmas... figure a gym membership each year would be 400.. so spending part of that on something is a fair trade!
What do you have so far?

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What do you have so far?
Rack, lat tower, bench, heavy bag (which i need to rehang or get a hanging stand for), various attachments, various bars, 360lbs of standard weights (no plastic sand filled crap lol), 460lbs of olympic weights, ab wheel

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hit a sweet deal last year right around this time. Place had standard plates and rubberized olympic for .35 and .50 per pound. So got a bunch.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hit a sweet deal last year right around this time. Place had standard plates and rubberized olympic for .35 and .50 per pound. So got a bunch.
Wow. I should start looking around. That is a sweet deal.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Damn my bis and tris have gotten really sore over the last few hours.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice glamour shot of the his/hers stimul8! Sounds like she did pretty good for a 1st timer....and goes to show how potent this product is! 1/3 scoop for a lady means someone with that tolerance would have months of workouts in a single tub. Not bad :)

Tearing it up in here, JR. Those were some painful looking curls the other day too. Seated is def tougher than standing.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice glamour shot of the his/hers stimul8! Sounds like she did pretty good for a 1st timer....and goes to show how potent this product is! 1/3 scoop for a lady means someone with that tolerance would have months of workouts in a single tub. Not bad :)

Tearing it up in here, JR. Those were some painful looking curls the other day too. Seated is def tougher than standing.
Thanks bro! The potency IS great. Wife came home an said that she ate less than she expected at the Thanksgiving work lunch.

The curls were slacked this week, IMO. But my biceps are not a worry with me. I'd love to focus on more chest and shoulders.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I ended up skipping today and stayed in bed. I was up every 15-30 since midnight. All good, I'm sore from the last few days anyway. A break before doing back again won't hurt.

Since it's now an off day, Crea-Trona and Max Pump will be taken before bed tonight. I hope I sleep through tonight...

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I ended up skipping today and stayed in bed. I was up every 15-30 since midnight. All good, I'm sore from the last few days anyway. A break before doing back again won't hurt. Since it's now an off day, Crea-Trona and Max Pump will be taken before bed tonight. I hope I sleep through tonight...
You've been killing it so a rest is deserved. I wouldn't take the combo before bed thinking it would keep me up. Maybe switch to taking it this morning? I'm thinking pump=Bloat=water retention=frequent bathroom breaks=less sleep. IMHO

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You've been killing it so a rest is deserved. I wouldn't take the combo before bed thinking it would keep me up. Maybe switch to taking it this morning? I'm thinking pump=Bloat=water retention=frequent bathroom breaks=less sleep. IMHO
Thanks Kenpo. I was going to take them at night based on what montega1 suggested, but you may have a point. I'm also tempted to take a 1/2 serving of a sample sleep supp tonight or have a couple beers so I'm well rested for tomorrow.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
those can be dosed before bed just fine..
whether you are individually inclined to pee more thru the night after drinking increased h2o is very hypothetical
why is the conclusion stretched here to assume bloat/water retention etc?
absolutely baseless, nothing to it

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
those can be dosed before bed just fine.. whether you are individually inclined to pee more thru the night after drinking increased h2o is very hypothetical why is the conclusion stretched here to assume bloat/water retention etc? absolutely baseless, nothing to it
My thinking and experience, as an older lifter taking Max Pump and Creatrona (love them and using both now), is that the creatine processing through the kidneys and nitrates are forcing fluids into my body's tissues. Both of these processes require water to properly execute. More water in tissues means that it has to "go" somewhere ie peeing more at night (and day). Lol. For me, the more peeing means losing more sleep. Is my thinking flawed here?

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
those can be dosed before bed just fine..
whether you are individually inclined to pee more thru the night after drinking increased h2o is very hypothetical
why is the conclusion stretched here to assume bloat/water retention etc?
absolutely baseless, nothing to it
Probably not.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
My thinking and experience, as an older lifter taking Max Pump and Creatrona (love them and using both now), is that the creatine processing through the kidneys and nitrates are forcing fluids into my body's tissues. Both of these processes require water to properly execute. More water in tissues means that it has to "go" somewhere ie peeing more at night (and day). Lol. For me, the more peeing means losing more sleep. Is my thinking flawed here?
you simplify the idea and the process with basic concepts..
then, amplify the misunderstanding and misapplied theoretical responses, with too much "thinking"
lol..yes, if you are older and are bothered by a smaller bladder and (due to age) pee more as a result, then consuming more water will surely make you visit the toilet more frequently -- however note this has NOTHING to do with the compounds themselves, nor their physiological effects
this would be indicative and pertain solely to your own specific situation, not for anyone else

and one can visit the bathroom multiple times nightly, with no definitive negative impact sleep, if they are falling back to sleep rapidly..

as for intracellular water - this is pushed into the muscle, and no does not have to be "excreted" in full per se as you say here
you are way oversimplifying a very complex process

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Interesting. Is there a benefit to taking at night versus before workout? How about dosing it before workout and before bed?

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Interesting. Is there a benefit to taking at night versus before workout?
not really..may be some unique benefits when taken pre-bed, and some like to dose pre-bed on their off-training days..but for all intents & purposes and generally speaking, I would advise dosing these preworkout for best results
How about dosing it before workout and before bed?
again you are getting more into preference-type things here..
some prefer to practice split-dosing of their supps (for variety of reasons)
once again generally speaking, I would simply advise dosing as specified on bottle directions
1x daily dosing should be more than sufficient

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
not really..may be some unique benefits when taken pre-bed, and some like to dose pre-bed on their off-training days..but for all intents & purposes and generally speaking, I would advise dosing these preworkout for best results
again you are getting more into preference-type things here..
some prefer to practice split-dosing of their supps (for variety of reasons)
once again generally speaking, I would simply advise dosing as specified on bottle directions
1x daily dosing should be more than sufficient
Yes preferences.

The reason I take Max Pump before bed on off training days is so I have that dose of nitrates closer to my workout the next day. Also I myself have never woken up "bloated" from doing so. Actually quite the opposite.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The reason I take Max Pump before bed on off training days is so I have that dose of nitrates closer to my workout the next day. Also I myself have never woken up "bloated" from doing so. Actually quite the opposite.
That makes sense. Do you do the same wih Crea-Trona?