Testosterone and Depression

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
couldn't think of a better place to toss this so left it in general chat.

I was reading articles today about high T being connected to increased depression. That's not something I had thought of as usually it seems like low T is connected to depression.

Wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this as we enter SAD season in the northern hemisphere.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

I was reading articles today about high T being connected to increased depression. That's not something I had thought of as usually it seems like low T is connected to depression.

Wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this as we enter SAD season in the northern hemisphere.
I would check the study. afaik imbalance is what could cause it. high or low estrogen can both make you feel kinda crazy

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
that's kinda what I thought.
the one article i was reading was all about how unusually high levels of t cause depression, it spoke about imbalance, then summarized by saying low t causes depression lol.

WesleyInman

WesleyInman

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Sure any chemical or hormonal imbalance can instigate it.

I administered psych meds for the better part of a decade and saw it many times.

Also Tren on it's own can cause depression. It is one of the worst drugs on Earth in regards to brain chemical effects. It can cause depression, anxiety, paranoia. During use or even after cessation.

That is a fact and studies prove it. I hate tren even though I used it probably in a dozen cycles. Stuff is toxic. Be careful.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!

Maybe it's just another attempt to feminize men.

Hey guys you don't want high testosterone it'll make you sad so have low t lol.

Personally, I've never noticed a difference, but, a increase in testosterone can also lead to an increase in estrogen and high estrogen might make you sad and depressed....

It's all about balance.

I do suffer from seasonal depression but I have since probably middle school so 🤷

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Might help to link the articles/studies in question.

beefyfan

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I feel amazing on test. If I could safely take 200 a week and live a long healthy life doing so, I would.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I feel amazing on test. If I could safely take 200 a week and live a long healthy life doing so, I would.
And who in hell said you couldn’t live a long life on 200? Lol

beefyfan

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I'm speaking only about myself. My blood pressure just doesn't agree with test. Even at 100-120 per week it starts to creep up higher than I like. I already take 10mg's daily of lisinopril and don't wish to increase the dosage until it's absolutely necessary. Heart disease runs in my family (fathers side).

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I'm speaking only about myself. My blood pressure just doesn't agree with test. Even at 100-120 per week it starts to creep up higher than I like. I already take 10mg's daily of lisinopril and don't wish to increase the dosage until it's absolutely necessary. Heart disease runs in my family (fathers side).
Sorry to hear that! Good on you to be proactive about that stuff. Look into telmisartan idk if you’re working with a doctor you could talk to her about it. Extremely heart protective drug

beefyfan

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Sorry to hear that! Good on you to be proactive about that stuff. Look into telmisartan idk if you’re working with a doctor you could talk to her about it. Extremely heart protective drug
I'll talk to my doc about it. I'll do some research on it between now and then. Thank you sir.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
You absolutely can take 200 a week and live a long healthy life. Get your Dr to prescribe a ARB

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I've sorta wondered about that myself. We don't have a family history of heart disease other than my grandpa's death but his was theoretically linked to Viet Nam / Agent Orange. however back in 2019 my dr did find a murmur, ordered ultrasounds, ekg etc and found that I have a bicuspid aortic valve. it's a lottery ticket that may never be an issue or could require surgery someday.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
there's studies showing trt in hypogonadal men reduces prostate cancer I'm pretty sure. I know DHT gel has some similar studies too

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I've sorta wondered about that myself. We don't have a family history of heart disease other than my grandpa's death but his was theoretically linked to Viet Nam / Agent Orange. however back in 2019 my dr did find a murmur, ordered ultrasounds, ekg etc and found that I have a bicuspid aortic valve. it's a lottery ticket that may never be an issue or could require surgery someday.
I sent you a DM ✌