Low free testosterone. Any suggestions?

jiu jitsu

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Any suggestions on how to get my Free T up? I workout regularly eat well and take ashwaghanda. not on TRT currently. Age 30

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Boron & LJ100 are good supplements to knock SHBG down some and free up more test.

Sensitive estradiol looks good, so I suspect you aren’t particularly fat (which would make you aromatize more heavily). Total test looks great for your age as well.

jiu jitsu

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Boron & LJ100 are good supplements to knock SHBG down some and free up more test.

Sensitive estradiol looks good, so I suspect you aren’t particularly fat (which would make you aromatize more heavily). Total test looks great for your age as well.
so TRT not needed despite low Free T? How much Boron?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
so TRT not needed despite low Free T? How much Boron?
I actually thought you might be trolling when I first read that. No of course not. Most doctors won’t even consider you unless your total levels are under 300ng/dl. Higher total test isn’t everything or solve all problems either.

~10mg Boron daily for at least a couple months.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
boron never worked for me. Hyperion all the way
As in you felt no difference, or you mean there was no difference in before & after bloodwork? Because you will not feel a difference, or at least I didn’t. Whereas a product like LJ100 or Hyperion actually has some acute feel to it.

For anyone interested in spending $5 to try boron first for SHBG control:

kira1357

Awards
As in you felt no difference, or you mean there was no difference in before & after bloodwork? Because you will not feel a difference, or at least I didn’t. Whereas a product like LJ100 or Hyperion actually has some acute feel to it.

For anyone interested in spending $5 to try boron first for SHBG control:

Bloodwork showed no difference. But you're right, it's the easiest first thing to try.

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I actually thought you might be trolling when I first read that. No of course not. Most doctors won’t even consider you unless your total levels are under 300ng/dl. Higher total test isn’t everything or solve all problems either.

~10mg Boron daily for at least a couple months.
This is the same in the UK. I was at 340ng/dl and my doctor says this is completely fine. I asked. Could I be considered for trt? She said. Until your 100+ng/dl then no chance.

Ordered test and pinned it. This was 7 years ago and never looked back. After a year my body transformed. Mental health improved. Energy levels were much better.

It's a joke how the health service doesn't recognise low testosterone. I've heard that our health service is dropping our testosterone reference range this year. Even lower now. I feel sorry for guys in the UK who's got low T and told. Yeh your fine

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
This is the same in the UK. I was at 340ng/dl and my doctor says this is completely fine. I asked. Could I be considered for trt? She said. Until your 100+ng/dl then no chance.

Ordered test and pinned it. This was 7 years ago and never looked back. After a year my body transformed. Mental health improved. Energy levels were much better.

It's a joke how the health service doesn't recognise low testosterone. I've heard that our health service is dropping our testosterone reference range this year. Even lower now. I feel sorry for guys in the UK who's got low T and told. Yeh your fine
This is why finding a good dr is soooo important, espically If you find a Doctor that's willing to work with you and not try to tell you what to do based off 1986 medical books

Robplumm

Awards

Problem with the whole system is...what's actually low for YOU? They have a range that's ridiculous for "good". (and hey...maybe they want more of us with low-T ;))

Unless you started testing at 18 to get baselines, we're not sure what the individual's normal is. You can't do a huge range for the entire population then say "Oh...you can't do TRT unless you're at X" Well...that X for YOU may be 450. Your normal might need to be 900.

In the meantime, suffer on with crap sleep, hard time losing weight, low energy, etc. Med industry says you're fine.

I'm 48...looking at TRT myself. It was in the mid 400s before I started taking tongkat and a couple other natural things. Seems to have pushed things to the 600 range. Still "meh". Good chance that's still not an optimal range for me. Thankfully here in the States we have clinics just for that. It'll be out of pocket, but doc supervised with follow up testing and adjustments.