Tell Us What You Would Like to See From SNS & CEL (2021 Edition)

mountain1

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I don’t remember everything else included in Drive, but if you could do a well-dosed epimedium and forskolin product, I’d be all over that.
I absolutely would be too!!!

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I absolutely would be too!!!
We'll be doing both a Horny Goat Weed XT and a Forskolin product hopefully in the next couple of months.

They won't be in the same product but will be cost effective individual options.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Carb free pre workout/pump product
Thank you for the suggestions. We will have more pre-workout options coming out this year.

We already have quite a few options in this category as well:

VasoForce XT - great stimulant free pre-workout in convenient capsule form.

VasoForce Rush - stim version of VasoForce XT in convenient capsule form. People love the energy from this and since its capsules, its easy to adjust your dose based on your individual needs.

Super Swole - we're making some ingredient changes to this bc GlycerPump causes clumping issues and we should have the revised version back out within the next 2 months I hope.

Focus XT - not a traditional pre-workout; but a great pre-workout option for people that mainly need more energy, focus, concentration, and motivation pre-workout.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I'm Ready for the Anabolic XT! Would you be dropping a write up and Ingredient hint soon?
I don't like discussing or teasing ingredients before a week or so before the release of a product. Because then if delays happen, people tend to get more upset about things. And unfortunately, sometimes delays are just inevitable.

I know it can be fun to tease and discuss things but I've done it in the past and some people were just not very understanding and nice about it when there had been delays.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I don't like discussing or teasing ingredients before a week or so before the release of a product. Because then if delays happen, people tend to get more upset about things. And unfortunately, sometimes delays are just inevitable.

I know it can be fun to tease and discuss things but I've done it in the past and some people were just not very understanding and nice about it when there had been delays.
I've been on the forums forever, I still don't understand why some people would get so upset about this stuff.

I understand and I can't wait, but I am also more than glad to wait for quality stuff. SNS does things right.

flintinatux

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I see "XT" at the end of a lot of SNS product names. Is that a special code for something? Or is it just a cool suffix?

(Sorry if this is common knowledge... 🙃)

ironkill

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I've been on the forums forever, I still don't understand why some people would get so upset about this stuff.

I understand and I can't wait, but I am also more than glad to wait for quality stuff. SNS does things right.
Agreed. Personally, I enjoy the anticipation threads where things are discussed ahead of time to bring some hype. I think we all understand there can be delays, especially how things are right now.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I see "XT" at the end of a lot of SNS product names. Is that a special code for something? Or is it just a cool suffix?

It's funny that now days you see XT at the end of a lot of companies products. We were the original ones to use that at the end of a product name and started doing that back in 2004. Another company copied us shortly after and now its used by a lot of companies.

Back then, we had used the word Xtreme at the end of a couple product names but there were some things that Xtreme didn't really sound right at the end of so we were just brain storming and came up with XT. Then we started using more as just something to be known for years down the road to help people identify some of our products. For example, if you want Agmatine and go go google and type Agmatine, you probably wouldn't have ours come up. But if you type Agmatine XT, you probably would. Same for ZMA XT and more.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

Thank you.

I don't understand it either. I try so hard to be helpful and provide great products and it really bothers me when people are so rude about it. That's why I didn't do it for a long time; then I started back again for awhile and then stopped again for the same reasons.

I love discussing supplements in general but I hate negativity and try to stay away from it. I have so many things going on in my own life that I'm dealing with and battling with my health, the last thing I need is to come on a forum where I'm trying to help people and discuss something I love like supplements and then have to deal with negativity on here.

I appreciate the people that are truly excited about the new releases and want to see them happen; I do too. There are products that I'm looking so forward to taking myself that I'm super excited too and disappointed at the delays myself, but I wish the people that were rude about it or act like I'm intentionally giving wrong ETA's would think about it from my perspective - that in addition to wanting to try many of them myself, I'm the one that has money tied up in them. Like right now, I'm not exaggerating when I say that I literally have over 20k tied up in just labels for products that haven't come out yet; so I can promise that no one wants them to come out more than me haha.

I still need to make the 2022 version of this thread. I might put some teasers and hints in there. And I may start an Anabolic XT thread in the next weeks and just see how it goes.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Agreed. Personally, I enjoy the anticipation threads where things are discussed ahead of time to bring some hype. I think we all understand there can be delays, especially how things are right now.
I appreciate it. I wish that everyone could be as understanding and nice about it.

I like and appreciate people's enthusiasm about the new products.

And I like and enjoy the anticipation threads. But the last few times I've done them or even discussed things in regular threads doing more than basic teasers, there were some people that were just not very nice about it and acted like I was lying or not really planning on doing the products.

A good example is the Elite Curcumin product. That product was seriously supposed to come out over a year ago. Had agreements in place to use 3 different branded Curcumins in it and then one of the branded ingredient companies backed out. They didn't want their ingredient used with other Curcumin's - which is fine but they should have said that from day 1. I had a signed licensing agreement and label review and had already spent over 1k in labels and graphics and they backed out. I could have sued them but it would have cost more to sue them than what I would have gotten. Then set up and agreement with another branded ingredient company for their curcumin to replace that one. When it came time to buy the raws, they told the cm the MOQ was about 4x higher than they had told me - which was absolutely ridiculous and would've involved tying up way too much in one ingredient that wouldn't have been used for some time. So there goes another 1k or more in labels and graphics. Now we have the agreement with another company, which I'm actually kind of happy bc I like this one better anyway, it wasn't out at the beginning of all this. But point being I was out of thousands of dollars before the project even gets made. And on here, I had people being jerks to me over it being delayed and acting like I was lying about what I thought the release date was going to be - when I was losing money and going thru hell on the backend trying to make it work out bc I wanted to come out with something truly special and unique.

When I give an ETA, I give the best information that I have at the time. But there can be so many delays that its really hard to project them all; especially for a company that has as many products as we do. If something sells out unexpectedly, a production run of it may get bumped in front of a new release bc as fun as the new products are, its the sales on the existing ones that allow for them. Or a contract manufacturer may get behind - they may have equipment break down, people out sick, or a number of different things and that can cause delays. Like right now for example, I really thought Anabolic XT would be out in January. But the cm had several people out with Covid and on my end, I had both my office manager and my warehouse manager out with it - there was no way to anticipate those delays.

I may try to do something like an anticipation thread for Anabolic XT in the next couple of weeks and see how it goes. And I'll do a 2022 version for this thread as soon as I have time and mention a few upcoming products in there that I haven't discussed yet or told anyone that will be coming soon :)

edmon

Awards
Thank you.

I don't understand it either. I try so hard to be helpful and provide great products and it really bothers me when people are so rude about it. That's why I didn't do it for a long time; then I started back again for awhile and then stopped again for the same reasons.

I love discussing supplements in general but I hate negativity and try to stay away from it. I have so many things going on in my own life that I'm dealing with and battling with my health, the last thing I need is to come on a forum where I'm trying to help people and discuss something I love like supplements and then have to deal with negativity on here.

I appreciate the people that are truly excited about the new releases and want to see them happen; I do too. There are products that I'm looking so forward to taking myself that I'm super excited too and disappointed at the delays myself, but I wish the people that were rude about it or act like I'm intentionally giving wrong ETA's would think about it from my perspective - that in addition to wanting to try many of them myself, I'm the one that has money tied up in them. Like right now, I'm not exaggerating when I say that I literally have over 20k tied up in just labels for products that haven't come out yet; so I can promise that no one wants them to come out more than me haha.

I still need to make the 2022 version of this thread. I might put some teasers and hints in there. And I may start an Anabolic XT thread in the next weeks and just see how it goes.
Hello. I appreciate the info you bring here; it helps me make decisions on what to use according to my needs. Without your posts here I wouldn't have discovered Optimize-T or M Test so thank you!

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

you become - xtra terrestrial when taking the products

(ps only joking because the post was answered above)

flintinatux

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Hello. I appreciate the info you bring here; it helps me make decisions on what to use according to my needs. Without your posts here I wouldn't have discovered Optimize-T or M Test so thank you!
☝Ditto this. Truth is, @sns8778, you're the only member here that I follow, because I learn so much by reading your posts. Which in turn... made me to want to buy so many of your supplements! 🤑

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's funny that now days you see XT at the end of a lot of companies products. We were the original ones to use that at the end of a product name and started doing that back in 2004. Another company copied us shortly after and now its used by a lot of companies.

Back then, we had used the word Xtreme at the end of a couple product names but there were some things that Xtreme didn't really sound right at the end of so we were just brain storming and came up with XT. Then we started using more as just something to be known for years down the road to help people identify some of our products. For example, if you want Agmatine and go go google and type Agmatine, you probably wouldn't have ours come up. But if you type Agmatine XT, you probably would. Same for ZMA XT and more.
I didn’t know you’ve been in supplements business for so long. Out of curiosity what brands did you have at that time? If this is something you want and can share.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Thank you so much. I really, really appreciate the kind words. They mean more to me than you likely know. I really mean that.

I enjoy helping people and it means a lot to me when people have kind and positive things to say.

I'm always glad to help you in any way. You're welcome to pm me anytime and I'd be glad to give you my other contact info as well.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
☝Ditto this. Truth is, @sns8778, you're the only member here that I follow, because I learn so much by reading your posts. Which in turn... made me to want to buy so many of your supplements! 🤑
Thank you so much as well. That really made me smile and is very much appreciated.

I'm one of those people that really genuinely likes to help people. Unfortunately, I get my feelings hurt a lot easier than I get mad and that's why I try so hard to avoid negativity and as I think most have seen, this forum went thru a spell for a few months recently where there was so much negativity on here that it was just overwhelming and there were days where I would sit at my desk and just hesitate to come on here and read thru threads bc I didn't want to deal with it and have it bring me down. It's the people that are kind and supportive and appreciative that keep me continuing to post here.

I love the science, the ingredients, helping people, and providing products that help people. Now I just need to try to get better at the marketing side of things - bc we make a lot of great products but just not enough people know about them. We will be coming out with a lot of new products this year but I really need to work on spreading the word about existing ones as well.

Also, I hadn't mentioned this yet - but I'm considering going back to doing more writing again - like supplement and ingredient articles or starting a supplement blog. If I do, I'll make sure to let you know.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I didn’t know you’ve been in supplements business for so long. Out of curiosity what brands did you have at that time? If this is something you want and can share.
SNS was founded in 2004 and was the first brand that I had ownership in but before then, I was already doing some raw material sourcing and formulating for some other brands (sorry, I can't say for who back then).

There's a lot more to what I do in the supplement industry than I normally discuss. In this industry, there are a lot of people that like to get attention or build their reputations on all the things they're involved in (and there's nothing wrong with that), but I'm the opposite. I'm more of a private person and would rather be low key and behind the scenes with things. One reason the main reasons that you see me talk about GMP guidelines and quality so much is because I help a lot of companies with establishing their GMP protocols - from new startup companies to companies that have been in the industry but haven't been doing things the right way. Plus, I do formulation and raw material sourcing for quite a few brands and have for many years.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Any eta on more AE being in stock? Thanks
It should be shipping to us this week. We will start shipping out to retailers as soon as we receive it.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
What about Tribulus Alatus?
Thought about it at one time but its never sold well for anyone that's ever done one.

I'm open to the idea but hadn't been asked about it in years so it would be a matter of interest.

hsk

Awards
  • Established
We'll be doing both a Horny Goat Weed XT and a Forskolin product hopefully in the next couple of months.

They won't be in the same product but will be cost effective individual options.
Regarding the HGW XT, can you tell us the % of standardization for Icariin?

N2ofusion

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I don’t have all that much to say but I very much enjoy reading the background info here.

Also excited for restocks of lean edge and super swole.

N2ofusion

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Have you considered a potent or mixed (multiple extracts) ginseng product? I’ve found the Toniiq brand one to give me quite an energetic and uplifted mood. Seems like there’s always stable interest in ginseng

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Regarding the HGW XT, can you tell us the % of standardization for Icariin?
The plan at this time is for it to be a 20% Icariin.

The legitimate standardizations are 10% and 20% and you see the occasional 40% but if you actually test the raw materials, most anything above 20% is BS and is a blend of the different Icariins and not just Icariin. And even if it was a true 40%, it wouldn't make sense to do it bc its exponentially more expensive meaning that you could use 2x the dose of 20% for less than you could a 40%.

I hope that makes sense.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I don’t have all that much to say but I very much enjoy reading the background info here.

Background info as in about product ideas or industry background? I was just curious.

Lean Edge is in transit to us now. We're hoping it will be back in stock on Tuesday.

Super Swole - we have approved flavor samples of 2 of the 3 flavors. The third still needs some work; but going to try to go ahead and move forward into production with the two we have approved.

Also, considering doing a Super Swole capsule product as well.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Have you considered a potent or mixed (multiple extracts) ginseng product? I’ve found the Toniiq brand one to give me quite an energetic and uplifted mood. Seems like there’s always stable interest in ginseng
Toniq's is interesting in that it is some fancy labeling but really not a fancy product. I don't mean that in a bad way - props to them for creativity.

It's labeled as:
Panax Ginseng Root Extract (std. to 14% Ginsenosides) - 650 mg.
Panax Ginseng Whole Herb Extract (std. to 80% Ginsenosides) - 650 mg.

That is actually the same thing as saying:
Panax Ginseng Extract (Root, Leaves, Stem) or Panax Ginseng Extract (Whole Herb incl. Root)

There is actually a new branded ingredient form of Ginseng coming out in the near future that we'll be using in one or more products. They don't tout it as really anything crazy in terms of studies but the real significance is the breakdown of the ginsenosides and that many times it can vary from batch to batch even with the same supplier so it will be a uniform consistency from batch to batch for consistent results. I can't answer any question on it until its released by the branded ingredient company though.

hsk

Awards
  • Established
The plan at this time is for it to be a 20% Icariin.

The legitimate standardizations are 10% and 20% and you see the occasional 40% but if you actually test the raw materials, most anything above 20% is BS and is a blend of the different Icariins and not just Icariin. And even if it was a true 40%, it wouldn't make sense to do it bc its exponentially more expensive meaning that you could use 2x the dose of 20% for less than you could a 40%.

I hope that makes sense.
Thank you for your reply. Everything you said makes perfect sense as I researched HGW heavily back in the day when 20%, 40%, and 50% Icariin products were first available. It was one of the first standardized adaptogens that I ever used with great results and to this day I still cycle it at least 2-3 times a year. I'm excited to try a 20% Icariin product from you guys and look forward to its release along with the release of Fadogia XT.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Few things now that I'm caught up. Would love to see you do your own supp ingredient blog @sns8778! Also, saw you have some Super Swole flavor samples. Any thought to removing glycerol and swapping with something else? Nitrates, nitrosigine, etc? I've just found that glycerol doesn't sit well with me anymore which rules a lot of fun pre's out. Also interested in the icariin XT, haven't seen a good one since probably the old hey day of the 90s.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Thank you for your reply. Everything you said makes perfect sense as I researched HGW heavily back in the day when 20%, 40%, and 50% Icariin products were first available. It was one of the first standardized adaptogens that I ever used with great results and to this day I still cycle it at least 2-3 times a year. I'm excited to try a 20% Icariin product from you guys and look forward to its release along with the release of Fadogia XT.
Thank you. It will definitely get done; just not sure exactly when.

Waiting for the Fadogia too.
Thanks. Raw materials are in and I just approved the final label text to go to print on Monday. So this one will enter the production que in the next few weeks.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Few things now that I'm caught up. Would love to see you do your own supp ingredient blog @sns8778! Also, saw you have some Super Swole flavor samples. Any thought to removing glycerol and swapping with something else? Nitrates, nitrosigine, etc? I've just found that glycerol doesn't sit well with me anymore which rules a lot of fun pre's out. Also interested in the icariin XT, haven't seen a good one since probably the old hey day of the 90s.
Thank you. I appreciate that. I had thought about it but I don't know much about where to even do a successful blog. I use the SNS Blog on the site just for product releases but thought about doing more article or blog type information. But I also thought about trying to figure out how to have an off SNS site blog to where I could write a little more freely.

I also miss writing articles. I told someone last night that I miss when people cared more about in depth supplement articles and write ups. I used to do these deep dive intense write ups but now I see most brands just do product pages with a few pictures and getting straight to the point of what it does. Nothing wrong with that; we just may need to do a dual approach and have more of that and then also articles for deep dive stuff.

Super Swole - We did remove the GlycerPump; that's why we've been redoing the samples. We did replace it with something else but I can't say what yet. We are interested in using Nitrosigine in some upcoming things but it won't be in Super Swole. Nitrates I stay away from because of the patent issues and I doubt we are big enough or have a big enough marketing budget for him to want to license them to us.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

N2ofusion

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Background info as in about product ideas or industry background? I was just curious.

Lean Edge is in transit to us now. We're hoping it will be back in stock on Tuesday.

Super Swole - we have approved flavor samples of 2 of the 3 flavors. The third still needs some work; but going to try to go ahead and move forward into production with the two we have approved.
I like the industry background. It amazes me that companies appear to have little to no leverage with raw ingredient suppliers.

faipdeooiad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just a quick mention for Joint Support - I’ve been off this week with my supps due to a family funeral and having family over from Ireland (= a week on the sauce).

I’ve really noticed the difference with not using joint support, my elbows, which have been an issue, are clicking away like mad and are as sore as hell. Jumped back on them this morning and hopefully the benefits start up again soon but it’s a helluva difference.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Standalone shilajit - primavie and trifulvic mix maybe ?
Astragalus extract?
I've thought about doing a PrimaVie product but there are so many companies that do one already I wasn't sure if there would be enough interest.
Thank you for the suggestion though and I'll definitely keep it in mind.

Which type Astragalus Extract? I've researched this a lot so I'm curious what you're thinking. There's basic extract for kidney health and then there is Cycloastragenol, Astragaloside IV, and more.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I like the industry background. It amazes me that companies appear to have little to no leverage with raw ingredient suppliers.
Thank you. I like discussing the industry background and behind the scenes stuff with people that are interested.

What do you mean by leverage? Just curious.

The raw material situation is something I could write for days on because its so simple yet so complex.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Just a quick mention for Joint Support - I’ve been off this week with my supps due to a family funeral and having family over from Ireland (= a week on the sauce).

I’ve really noticed the difference with not using joint support, my elbows, which have been an issue, are clicking away like mad and are as sore as hell. Jumped back on them this morning and hopefully the benefits start up again soon but it’s a helluva difference.
I'm very sorry to hear about your loss (family funeral).

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Joint Support XT. I'm really glad that it helps you and that you like it.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Sorry for the loss brother .. condolences to fam & friends and thanks for sharing the feedback .. i love the jointXT myself

Wallet55

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I've thought about doing a PrimaVie product but there are so many companies that do one already I wasn't sure if there would be enough interest.
Thank you for the suggestion though and I'll definitely keep it in mind.

Which type Astragalus Extract? I've researched this a lot so I'm curious what you're thinking. There's basic extract for kidney health and then there is Cycloastragenol, Astragaloside IV, and more.
You may be right about the Primavie but it's an idea😅

About the astragalus I'm personally mainly looking for performance so probably standardized for calycosin, calycosin-7-O-beta-D-glucoside, formononetin.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Super Swole - We did remove the GlycerPump; that's why we've been redoing the samples. We did replace it with something else but I can't say what yet. We are interested in using Nitrosigine in some upcoming things but it won't be in Super Swole. Nitrates I stay away from because of the patent issues and I doubt we are big enough or have a big enough marketing budget for him to want to license them to us.
This is great news, I forgot you mentioned that! Guess I know what's going to be my new pump pre soon!

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I hope that everyone's new year is off to a great start.

We had a thread last year that produced a lot of great suggestions for products that people would like to see from us.
Although initially delayed by the Covid situation, many of the ideas from that thread are now on their way and in various stages of production.

The 2020 version of this thread is still going strong with multiple ideas being discussed. I want to keep that going and this new thread is by no means meant to take away from that one at all.

I have just had some people message me & ask if there would be a 2021 version of the thread so that they could throw out ideas (without feeling like they had to go thru the long 2020 one). So for this thread, it doesn't matter if the idea was mentioned in the 2020 one, we still want to hear it :)

I look forward to hearing any ideas that people would like to see from SNS and Competitive Edge Labs in 2021.

Feel free to suggest single ingredient and/or combination ideas.

Thanks and I look forward to seeing everyone's ideas.
I’m gonna be experimenting with some things I hope to see be added.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

@N2ofusion heads up lean edge is all stocked up .. currently on sale for @28.99 @DPS