Take ArA only before workouts?

Type O Hero

Type O Hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Are ppl taking this every day or only on lifting days? I would use search but I'm on the AM phone app and it's search function sucks ass. Thanks all

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
it seems like ppl are saying only on weight training days only

i've just started reading through threads about ArA because i never really had any interest in the product, but i did pick some up this past weekend

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Pre workout only....

cbsharpe

Awards
  • Established
Roger that! Only take on work out days.

Pretty good stuff.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
For years we recommended X-Factor be taken daily, however new research has led us to believe that preWO on workout days only is optimal for maximizing gains and minimizing side effects. Even better, it makes it more cost effective than ever before :)

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm pretty sure that I will just run 3 bottles straight through next time @ 1 gram per day every day for 75 days.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Baller! LOL!
Well, it would be the same number of bottles as my 1.5 grams preworkout only with lclt and GMS except I'm going to skip the lclt and GMS this time around. I think it's just as effective @ 1 gram every day if not maybe moreso than compared to 1.5 grams preworkout only with lclt and GMS like my last run.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Well, it would be the same number of bottles as my 1.5 grams preworkout only with lclt and GMS except I'm going to skip the lclt and GMS this time around. I think it's just as effective @ 1 gram every day if not maybe moreso than compared to 1.5 grams preworkout only with lclt and GMS like my last run.
The idea is that it is more selective for muscle tissue when it precedes resistance training.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The idea is that it is more selective for muscle tissue when it precedes resistance training.
I take it preworkout regardless but in terms of results, 2 bottles @ 1 gram daily vs 3 bottles @ 1.5 gram preworkout only with LCLT and GMS gave me more or less the same results, so I'm thinking ditch the LCLT and GMS and just run 3 bottles through @ 1 gram daily for a longer run. I wasn't suggesting one shouldn't take it preworkout, just saying that I was going to go back to daily dosing as opposed to lifting days only ;)

cbsharpe

Awards
  • Established
Well, I'm running 1.5gms with PLCAR and GMS. The cycle is going to last me 3 months because I only take it on work out days which amounts to 4 days a week. And when you take it for 50 days as recommended, it comes out to a little over 3 months.

cbsharpe

Awards
  • Established
Well cool. Keep us updated.

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
For years we recommended X-Factor be taken daily, however new research has led us to believe that preWO on workout days only is optimal for maximizing gains and minimizing side effects. Even better, it makes it more cost effective than ever before :)
I dislike your repping style.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I take it preworkout regardless but in terms of results, 2 bottles @ 1 gram daily vs 3 bottles @ 1.5 gram preworkout only with LCLT and GMS gave me more or less the same results, so I'm thinking ditch the LCLT and GMS and just run 3 bottles through @ 1 gram daily for a longer run. I wasn't suggesting one shouldn't take it preworkout, just saying that I was going to go back to daily dosing as opposed to lifting days only ;)
I forgot to delete your quote lol. On the app, I find it easy just to quote somebody then delete it in order to post a reply. I actually meant the response for the OP :)

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I forgot to delete your quote lol. On the app, I find it easy just to quote somebody then delete it in order to post a reply. I actually meant the response for the OP :)
Bwah ha ha ha ha. No harm no foul. :D

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Well, seems you've got your answer. I as well just dose pre-workout.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
I just started using a gram pwo with peak beta and caffeine free focus xt for the carnitines, not using gms...

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
Are ppl taking this every day or only on lifting days? I would use search but I'm on the AM phone app and it's search function sucks ass. Thanks all
Most take it daily.

Recommended way is if your working out 5 days a week or more take it daily. If your work outing out less just on workout days.

I took it daily at 4 caps and had great results.

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards

Hmmm. Change our bottles bro. Lol.

That is good info.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think it all comes down to this...no matter how u use it, ArA works and stacks well with many other products.

My last run I stacked it with endosurge and anabeta and had sick results. Mainly weight gain which is what I wanted. I trained 3x a week, dosed at 1.25 grams / training day. I think I may go .5g on off days and 1.25 training days just to play around with it and see how it compares

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
fightnews

fightnews

Awards
  • Established
Does this mean you don't have to cycle it since your not taking it everyday?

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Does this mean you don't have to cycle it since your not taking it everyday?
You will reach a point of saturation in which it would just be diminishing returns, thus you should cycle it to allow your body to get low on ArA in which you can run it again to replenish ArA stores. I find that when you finish a cycle of it, I can still feel that I would get sore more than when I'm ArA deficient for a while.

fightnews

fightnews

Awards
  • Established
It should be longer then 50 days though seeing as your not taking it everyday right?

gymratluke

gymratluke

Board Sponsor
Awards
^^^

I only lift 5 days a week and was only taking half the recommended dose...it allowed me to do 2 cycles of it off 1 bottle. I got no headaches while dosing like this and my strength gains were simply amazing!

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Cliff Notes (correct me if I'm wrong): Take on workout days only. Take for 50 workout days.

My question is dosing then. 2 bottles would yield 4 caps per training day for 50 workouts. It seems to me ppl were taking 6 per training day, which would be less than 50 training days. For the guys with experience with the products available, what do you think or have noticed be more beneficial? Less pills and more training days vs. more pills and less training days

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Cliff Notes (correct me if I'm wrong): Take on workout days only. Take for 50 workout days.

My question is dosing then. 2 bottles would yield 4 caps per training day for 50 workouts. It seems to me ppl were taking 6 per training day, which would be less than 50 training days. For the guys with experience with the products available, what do you think or have noticed be more beneficial? Less pills and more training days vs. more pills and less training days
Opinions will vary of course, but you're certainly going to want to start at 4 caps pre-workout then assess "tolerance" (and issues, like joint pain).

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Opinions will vary of course, but you're certainly going to want to start at 4 caps pre-workout then assess "tolerance" (and issues, like joint pain).
Agreed I would start with 4 caps a day which is plenty for most users and then adjust dose up or down as you like.

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Most take it daily.

Recommended way is if your working out 5 days a week or more take it daily. If your work outing out less just on workout days.

I took it daily at 4 caps and had great results.
Hmmm. Change our bottles bro. Lol.

That is good info.
The only benefit to dosing daily is selling more bottles;)

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote

I started at 1g and ran it for 60 days before upping the dose. 1g is plenty, especially at the start, to see the products benefits. I only upped the dose as I workout four days per week and not 5-6 as a lot of people do.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

I've only done it at 1.5g

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
1g seems to be working fine for me

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
I train 4 days in a row. Thought about dosing 250mgs on the 3 days im not training

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I train 4 days in a row. Thought about dosing 250mgs on the 3 days im not training
I wouldn't see a need. If you do go this route, I'd shoot to dose it when fasted (upon waking I'm assuming). May aid in the ArA reaching muscle tissue vs. adipose tissue.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
I wouldn't see a need. If you do go this route, I'd shoot to dose it when fasted (upon waking I'm assuming). May aid in the ArA reaching muscle tissue vs. adipose tissue.
If its not really beneficial then I wont...

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just had a thought....and correct me if I'm wrong...

Creatine is all about saturation...like ArA yet people use creatine daily. Why not ArA daily? I don't use it daily I'm just trying to learn.

boogyman

Awards
I just had a thought....and correct me if I'm wrong...

Creatine is all about saturation...like ArA yet people use creatine daily. Why not ArA daily? I don't use it daily I'm just trying to learn.
I would guess its because ARA's effects are accute and its not a matter of saturation.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I don't remember what thread it was. So many ArA threads on here
lol, that's the truth. If you see it again, let me know. I've just always been under the impression that the acute increase in localized inflammation is where the effects are.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
lol, that's the truth. If you see it again, let me know. I've just always been under the impression that the acute increase in localized inflammation is where the effects are.
I've heard that also... Lol

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Same here...in fact I recall a convo/exchange with Coop a while back in which he said there was no saturation point with ArA...

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Could you link to where you saw that? I haven't heard of a saturation effect either.
I don't think it's an effect but more of a question about just how much ArA can our muscle cell membranes hold. If they reach capacity, this stuff is still a fatty acid so I reckon your body will make use of it for other things. It's not like ArA is selective and only targets the muscle cells (as far as I know). So when you are completely saturated, it's less about what effects saturation brings thus one should continue topping off their stores but most likely by that point, your just at and over the point of diminishing returns.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I don't think it's an effect but more of a question about just how much ArA can our muscle cell membranes hold. If they reach capacity, this stuff is still a fatty acid so I reckon your body will make use of it for other things. It's not like ArA is selective and only targets the muscle cells (as far as I know). So when you are completely saturated, it's less about what effects saturation brings thus one should continue topping off their stores but most likely by that point, your just at and over the point of diminishing returns.
Ara can be more selective when used pre-workout or fasted ;)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bigman1292 Supplements 16
Supplements 8
tyrub42 Supplements 24
CaponeCEO Nutrition / Health 1
Get Diesel Nutrition 2