Swol and Boone's Quest To Get Hyooooge

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Meadows rows are IN. Going to do these once a week from now on. Things definitely hit some parts of my lats which I haven't really hit before.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Meadows rows are IN. Going to do these once a week from now on. Things definitely hit some parts of my lats which I haven't really hit before.
Meadows are great. Lately I've been doing a super set consisting of:

One-Arm BB Row super set with Meadows Rows (snagged from breezy :)).
Destroys your lats.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Destroys your lats.
Hmmmmmmmm... may have to give this some consideration...

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
yeah they're no joke, trying some different Meadow's style leg exercises today, the VMO drop-set on leg press should be fun

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
You guys convinced me... trying out meadows rows today.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
yeah they're no joke, trying some different Meadow's style leg exercises today, the VMO drop-set on leg press should be fun
I heard his suggestion on prone leg curls and that's what I've been doing :D Dem chits are killer, the context in which he was talking about them was as a warm up before squats. LoL. Double killer!

Also been doing the banded leg press.

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
I can't walk. Lol went for an easy 1RM... Got 385 at 137 lbs... Then went back to our regular scheduled program lol

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I can't walk. Lol went for an easy 1RM... Got 385 at 137 lbs... Then went back to our regular scheduled program lol
Lol in the same boat

I think the funniest thing is when my friends hit a leg session with me and then 1-2 days later we look like a group of cripples walking around in public

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
Leg Power

Well team, I'd be lying if I tell you I haven't been as motivated as this before in my life. Weight's holding steady around 135.5-137 which is the goal of te reverse. Today was supposed to with 6x4, and was going to keep it conservative, but my friend was pushing me, and man was it nice

Weight: 137

Deads: 315x3 365x1 385x1 (at 137!)
315x4 275x5 295x4 275x8 (idk where this came from lol) AMRAP of 225x24.. PR for an AMRAP RPE-8.5

^ Gotta do lighter weight sets in the begin to warm up more, I was really feeling it at the end. the 275x8 was picture perfect, and the AMRAP was glorious. Previous PR for a 225 AMRAP was 22 reps at 144

Leg Press: 200x12 400x10 x12 x10 > 200x12
w/ VMO Partials: 200x20 ... No longer counting, 20+ on each.

Hack Squat w/ Iso Hold then AMRAP: 135x12 / 20s / x8; 225x8 / 20s / 8; 135x10 / 20s / x10

Smith Lunge: 95x10 x10

Ham Curls w/ 20s Iso: 60x10 / 20s / 40x8
80x9 / 20s / 40x9
120x5 / 20s / 40x8

Leg Ext: 100x12 140x10, Giant Finisher Drop-Set: 180x5 120x5 80x6 50x7 30x9

Holy volume batman. Had an incredible workout. Very happy I hit 385 this low if weight, pretty easy too. Didn't wanna push it though and go for 405, had to resist to temptation and stick to the protocol. The 24 on the AMRAP was fantastic too. Pot Belly Sandwich Shop was ehhh, good quality but idk if it's worth the price.

Diet

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
500g roasted broccoli, 100g steamed spinach, 228g Russet potatoes roasted in the oven with hot sauce and oregano, and oregano baked salmon

ForumRunner_20140820_190149.png

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Well team, I'd be lying if I tell you I haven't been as motivated as this before in my life. Weight's holding steady around 135.5-137 which is the goal of te reverse. Today was supposed to with 6x4, and was going to keep it conservative, but my friend was pushing me, and man was it nice Weight: 137 Deads: 315x3 365x1 385x1 (at 137!) 315x4 275x5 295x4 275x8 (idk where this came from lol) AMRAP of 225x24.. PR for an AMRAP RPE-8.5 ^ Gotta do lighter weight sets in the begin to warm up more, I was really feeling it at the end. the 275x8 was picture perfect, and the AMRAP was glorious. Previous PR for a 225 AMRAP was 22 reps at 144 Leg Press: 200x12 400x10 x12 x10 > 200x12 w/ VMO Partials: 200x20 ... No longer counting, 20+ on each. Hack Squat w/ Iso Hold then AMRAP: 135x12 / 20s / x8; 225x8 / 20s / 8; 135x10 / 20s / x10 Smith Lunge: 95x10 x10 Ham Curls w/ 20s Iso: 60x10 / 20s / 40x8 80x9 / 20s / 40x9 120x5 / 20s / 40x8 Leg Ext: 100x12 140x10, Giant Finisher Drop-Set: 180x5 120x5 80x6 50x7 30x9 Holy volume batman. Had an incredible workout. Very happy I hit 385 this low if weight, pretty easy too. Didn't wanna push it though and go for 405, had to resist to temptation and stick to the protocol. The 24 on the AMRAP was fantastic too. Pot Belly Sandwich Shop was ehhh, good quality but idk if it's worth the price. Diet
Dude those numbers are insane! I can't even imagine ha.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
So my gf decorated the house while I was at work:
breezeway:
image-171890710.jpg

Inside:
image-3453995480.jpg

The gifts:
image-3254983064.jpg

And there's an Olympic bar coming Friday... She might be staying around for awhile after this one ;)

Now if only sears hadn't fuccked up my squat rack/pull down/dip station I would have a nice setup already. Instead I have a bunch of nice stuff and no rack for another 2-3weeks. Bastards.

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
haha happy birthday man!!!!

and that's a keeper for sure

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Destroys your lats.

Deadly combo that has you ready to collapse by the end.

Hmmmmmmmm... may have to give this some consideration...
Do it. :)

Here's an example:

[video=youtube_share;PhqpyWSZrA0]http://youtu.be/PhqpyWSZrA0?list=UUYnPYjextCc5 uO6XFlJNuRA[/video]

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Yesterday's workout was awesome. Weights weren't particularly heavy but I really just wanted to focus on my form and trying out some different grips and angles and such.
Deadlift 5x5
T Bar Row 4x6-8
Meadows Rows 3x10-12 --> Really liked these. Hit my back in a totally new way. Only thing is I need some practice with them as I was taking 2-3 reps to get settled in and really get into a groove.
Lat Pulldown 3x10-12 + drop set
Single Arm DB Row 3x6-8
Seated Cable Row 3x10-12
Machine Pullover 3x10 --> I hate doing these and am planning to remove them from my program as I never really feel them in my lats. I think it must be the machine at my gym just doesn't fit me right cuz no matter how much I try to move things around and change grips and such I always just end up feeling it more in my triceps/arms then my back. Only potential option is to switch to cable version but frankly I just don't like this exercise.

After the gym I went and cut everyone's grass on earth (or so it felt) so my pwo was a shake and a jello jiggler (dino shaped) my mom made ha. Finally got to eat my real meal but it was so late that i just combined my dinner and pre-bed all into one. Monster meal of stir fry, cheerios, protein smoothie, natty pb, and some veggies.

Gotta find a good back width exercise that I really feel to add into my program to replace the pullovers. I want something that I can really feel.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Ever try smith rows?
Ya I actually threw them in last week to try out. Def like them but another one I need some practice with since you have to get the positioning just right. Good call.

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
Yeah once the positioning is good to go its awesome. I just got bloodwork for the thyroid done and getting my test levels checked. That's always interesting to wait for

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
Yesterday's workout was awesome. Weights weren't particularly heavy but I really just wanted to focus on my form and trying out some different grips and angles and such. Deadlift 5x5 T Bar Row 4x6-8 Meadows Rows 3x10-12 --> Really liked these. Hit my back in a totally new way. Only thing is I need some practice with them as I was taking 2-3 reps to get settled in and really get into a groove. Lat Pulldown 3x10-12 + drop set Single Arm DB Row 3x6-8 Seated Cable Row 3x10-12 Machine Pullover 3x10 --> I hate doing these and am planning to remove them from my program as I never really feel them in my lats. I think it must be the machine at my gym just doesn't fit me right cuz no matter how much I try to move things around and change grips and such I always just end up feeling it more in my triceps/arms then my back. Only potential option is to switch to cable version but frankly I just don't like this exercise. After the gym I went and cut everyone's grass on earth (or so it felt) so my pwo was a shake and a jello jiggler (dino shaped) my mom made ha. Finally got to eat my real meal but it was so late that i just combined my dinner and pre-bed all into one. Monster meal of stir fry, cheerios, protein smoothie, natty pb, and some veggies. Gotta find a good back width exercise that I really feel to add into my program to replace the pullovers. I want something that I can really feel.
Focused on your elbows moving the weight, not your hands! Bend elbows a tad also, and slow an controlled movement! Also i dont notice anything unless i up my weight on that exerice

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Deadly combo that has you ready to collapse by the end.

Do it. :)

Here's an example:

[video=youtube_share;PhqpyWSZrA0]http://youtu.be/PhqpyWSZrA0?list=UUYnPYjextCc5 uO6XFlJNuRA[/video]
AH! It's a superset of both Meadows rows variations! KILLER.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Yeah once the positioning is good to go its awesome. I just got bloodwork for the thyroid done and getting my test levels checked. That's always interesting to wait for
Judging by your comments on your motivation and strength lately I'd have to think things have improved

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
Judging by your comments on your motivation and strength lately I'd have to think things have improved
I'd think so too. Just wanna be sure, also wanna see how a 12 week low fat diet treated me so I'll know for the future.

The only thing that hasn't seen improvement is my intolerance to cold / always being cold

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I'd think so too. Just wanna be sure, also wanna see how a 12 week low fat diet treated me so I'll know for the future. The only thing that hasn't seen improvement is my intolerance to cold / always being cold
Man I was having that same issue but since vacation and putting some bf back on plus more carbs I'm a sweat machine again ha. Low bf and long dieting are killers on hot/cold

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
True. Hopefully I'll get it back lol I don't sweat at all in the gym

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
True. Hopefully I'll get it back lol I don't sweat at all in the gym
That's exactly how I was until about a week ago. I was used to wailing out pouring sweat my whole life and since like December I barely even broke a sweat even with a hoodie and beanie on everyday. The last few days I sweat like crazy and don't stop until I go to bed or even not at all ha

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That's exactly how I was until about a week ago. I was used to wailing out pouring sweat my whole life and since like December I barely even broke a sweat even with a hoodie and beanie on everyday. The last few days I sweat like crazy and don't stop until I go to bed or even not at all ha
Dem carb sweats, love 'em!

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
Pull Power

Weight: 137.2

Lat Pulldown Wide Grip: 120x10 140x8 x9 120x
w/ Reverse Cable Fly: 7.5x10 x10 5x15 x15

Iso Lateral Hammer Row: Machine +90x9 115x6 x6 90x10
w/ Smith Rows: 95x8 x8 x8

6x4 T-Bar Row: Machine+90x6 100x4 110x3.5 100x4 x 90x5 > 45x15

5x5 SA Dead Stop DB Row: 80x5 90x5 105x5 100x5 x5

SA Lat Pulldown: 120x8 x7 100x7
w/ Pull Ups: BWx5 x2 x4

Lat Rope Pulldown: 30x10 x10 x10

SA DB Preacher Curl: 25x10 27.5x6 22.5x8
w/ Incline DB Curl: 17.5x15 x12 x10
w/ Resistance Band Partial Curls: x22 x17 x15

2x Rear Delt Destroyer Set:
50x15 25x20 15x30+
50x10 25x20 15x22 25x15 15x30

Gassed. Shot. Sore. Awesome workout.

Diet

Food Pawnz Post Workout

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
Supplement Update

King

Man, PA is legit. Feeling stronger and muscles feeling more full, this is officially a staple for me.

Clear Muscle

Recovery still on point, debating trying a week without to see if it still helps with increased kcals. Don't agree with 12 lbs in 12 weeks or w e the claims are, but it has it's place in a higher frequency training protocol

AmentoMax

<3 this ****, a staple

Follidrone

Still don't know what the hype is all about. Endurance? Sure possibly. Gains of 10 lbs in four weeks or whatever the absurd claims? Absolutely not. After this bottle I won't be buying again.

Alphadex

No bull****, this is potent ****. I've dried up considerably in my lower abs (Veins in my obliques following workouts) and my chest and shoulders are getting stupid striated. In the beginning I was afraid of 2 caps and joint soreness, so I double'd on joint support, went back to normal joint support, and sure enough low estro + low bodyfat = joint pain lol potent stuff. Gonna run the rest of my bottle at one cap a day.

What's Next

XGels, starting at 1g daily tomorrow for 2 weeks with King / CM / Rest of the Folli

Perhaps EP1C? Maybe one cap a day.

Then in 2-4 weeks, Magnitropin / XGels / EP1C / CM / King.

Natty stack of the gods!

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
Dinner was a flat bread pizza of spinach, mushrooms & cheese .. Might be my new favorite combo. And chicken, broccoli sauteed in oregano and hot sauce. Bomb.com

ForumRunner_20140821_185239.png

ForumRunner_20140821_185248.png

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Swol you're doing your destroyer sets backwards... It's supposed to be high reps with higher weight then less reps as you go down. The idea is max reps with the heaviest weight and then more of a full rep/harder squeeze on we you're already pumped and tired.

That said any pattern with all those reps will hurt like a mofo ha

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
Swol you're doing your destroyer sets backwards... It's supposed to be high reps with higher weight then less reps as you go down. The idea is max reps with the heaviest weight and then more of a full rep/harder squeeze on we you're already pumped and tired.

That said any pattern with all those reps will hurt like a mofo ha
i know, i shouldn't have done 50, it was too heavy. still trying to pick a good weight

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
i know, i shouldn't have done 50, it was too heavy. still trying to pick a good weight
You prob could do 50 you just won't get as much rom. Those higher reps you might only move the weights a few inches apart with each swing but it'll still crush yoy

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
true true, better question is, what should be my PES waffles or muffins tomorrow...

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
kbayne you pick the combo for the frosting / cake. different flavors of course though

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
sold thank you sir, lol i'mma do a shorter, yet wider cake in a new pan i got. wanna see if it bakes any differently
Choc cake sandwich with sd pudding filling

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
Narrowed it to this team, you tell me what you wanna see: note that their will be a bowl of breyers on the side

Option 1) Snicker doodle blackberry muffins

Option 2) CNC Cake, with a chocolate frosting and blackberries baked within

Option 3) CNC Pancakes, topped with a snicker doodle or chocolate drizzle and black berries

Option 4) Cake / Muffins with blackberries baked within

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Wild guess here:

Swol has some blackberries to be used lol

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
Wild guess here:

Swol has some blackberries to be used lol
yeah my mom has a garden in the backyard with all sorts of stuff, and i just got yelled at for not eating the blackberries i asked her to grow lol so i'mma put em to use

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Option 2.