Supplements to improve memory

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
My beloved fiance has a terrible memory and it seems to have gotten worse. She claims it was good before she did her diet down for a show before she met me. But during that prep she could feel it getting worse.

Some simple googling tells me about Ginko Biloba, Acetyl L-Carnitine, Alpha GPC etc. Is there any one supplement that I can try her on that has a solid blend of these (and other) memory/cognition boosting supps?

Robert5891

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lions mane
Bacognize Bacopa Monnieri

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Nootropimax by far the best Ive used

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Nootropimax, Focus XT etc are decent options.

Focus XT works by building up the elements that underpin memory and recall. ALCAR, Huperzine and Choline are some of the most established ingredients to keep your eye out for

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Focus XT works by building up the elements that underpin memory and recall. ALCAR, Huperzine and Choline are some of the most established ingredients to keep your eye out for
Both NootropiMax and Focus XT are solid. Bacopa is also solid for memory, but really shines when taken daily for a few weeks.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Phosphatidylserine is good stuff!

https://www.invitehealth.com/article-phosphatidylserine-a-superhero-for-your-brain.html

AZOTH would contain a few of the ingredients you are looking for..
Nootropimax by far the best Ive used

Both NootropiMax and Focus XT are solid. Bacopa is also solid for memory, but really shines when taken daily for a few weeks.
Evomuse Clear Edge
Thanks guys, ive seen all these but the Clear Edge in different European webshops. Ill give them all a look and choose one for her. Ill get a 3 month supply and see if there is any noticable improvements.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

I would agree with this. You could try out focus xt and see if it helps you.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
81dcs

81dcs

Awards
  • Established

I used Focus xt for around a month @ half recommended dose and noticed some clear focus...if this helps any.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Torems Brain supp i tested a while ago in beta I would say is close to mind set by Vici which I like lot .

JAS51

JAS51

Awards
  • Established
My beloved fiance has a terrible memory and it seems to have gotten worse. She claims it was good before she did her diet down for a show before she met me. But during that prep she could feel it getting worse.

Some simple googling tells me about Ginko Biloba, Acetyl L-Carnitine, Alpha GPC etc. Is there any one supplement that I can try her on that has a solid blend of these (and other) memory/cognition boosting supps?
A good quality lion's mane extract will help boost short-term memory
PRL 8-53 will help boost long-term memory

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I used Focus xt for around a month @ half recommended dose and noticed some clear focus...if this helps any.
It's a staple of mine for memory. In saying that, she may also need a Docs opinion if it is particularly bad and beyond what you'd consider reasonable forgetfulness.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nootrol by Black Lion Research
Have a look at this for your fiancé.

View attachment 161257
Direct link to NOOTROL on BLR

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/black-lion-research/290197-nootrol-faq.html

• Increased IQ
  • Increased Memory
  • Inreased reaction time
  • Increased social interaction
This supplement is truly a game changer, for me at least. Prior to starting NOOTROL, I would always feel clouded in the head and it would take me a bit to comprehend certain ideas. After taking NOOTROL, my memory has definitely improved and I am able to pick up on things related to my employment. This, like all other BLR products, work!

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Is she still on a diet? Competitive stage athletes have shown do “feel” slower do to low carbs and calories.

My wife wasn’t her self either when she was dieting for shows, for example, she didn’t get on her period for 1,5 yrs and it wasn’t until she added cards&calories she got it back and “felt” like her self again.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nootrol by Black Lion Research
Have a look at this for your fiancé.

View attachment 161257
Direct link to NOOTROL on BLR

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/black-lion-research/290197-nootrol-faq.html

• Increased IQ
  • Increased Memory
  • Inreased reaction time
  • Increased social interaction
Been reading up on it and it seem like a great fit. Ill have look around in Europe if its available.

Have you tried increasing her fat content ?
Azoth 2.0 is a solid option
Cannibal genius is my daily go to and I feel like it has helped a lot
https://www.chaosandpain.com/cannibal-genius-nootropic/
Yeah I try to do her diet as much as I can. She wanted to try Keto so we did that without much change, now she is on some carbs but mostly protein and fats.

It's a staple of mine for memory. In saying that, she may also need a Docs opinion if it is particularly bad and beyond what you'd consider reasonable forgetfulness.
Id love to get her to a doc, not because it feels that serious. But she has gut issues as well and has had that for most of her life. So Gut Health, fermented foods, digestive enzymes, more fiber etc are all changes ive done to her diet that the last couple of years. And I would love to see what a blood/stool/urine sample had to say. Buuut.. yeah, thats not gonna happen.

Is she still on a diet? Competitive stage athletes have shown do “feel” slower do to low carbs and calories.

My wife wasn’t her self either when she was dieting for shows, for example, she didn’t get on her period for 1,5 yrs and it wasn’t until she added cards&calories she got it back and “felt” like her self again.
Its been over 3 years since she competed now. I didnt know her back then, so maybe she was forgetfull before that. But not according to her.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Its been over 3 years since she competed now. I didnt know her back then, so maybe she was forgetfull before that. But not according to her.
Maybe she just doesn't remember that she's always been forgetful??

If it were me, I'd try seeing how she responds to more carbohydrates. A sign of metabolic health is "metabolic flexibility" (i.e. - the ability to switch between carbs and fats as a fuel source efficiently)- something that keto diets definitely don't improve.

nickodemus

nickodemus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Is there any negative to taking any of these supplements on a daily basis.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is there any negative to taking any of these supplements on a daily basis.
Actually, lots of nootropics work better with daily use. For example, the baopa in NootropiMax shines after a few weeks of daily use. So you get your acute benefits, and also some ingredients even work better when you use them daily.

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Actually, lots of nootropics work better with daily use. For example, the baopa in NootropiMax shines after a few weeks of daily use. So you get your acute benefits, and also some ingredients even work better when you use them daily.
And if you are trying to wean yourself off of coffee, you may enjoy the nootropic effects of the combination of 3 mg of astaxanthin (A) and 5 mg of sesamin (S). This combination has recently been shown to "promote recovery from mental fatigue which is experienced by many healthy people" (Imai 2018). Two things make this RCT worth mentioning (a) it's a two-way crossover study, (b) the amounts of astaxanthin and sesamin are moderate, and (c) the study didn't just measure subjective improvements in a double-blind scenario, it also revealed that plasma phosphatidylcholine hydroperoxide (PCOOH), a marker of CNS stress declined significantly in response to four weeks of A+S supplementation

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My "study stack" to improve focus, memory, and recall has always been Focus XT + ALCAR + Ephedrine. Cost effective and potent. ALCAR on it's own has always improved my cognitive ability for both studying and recalling information on tests. Once in a while some of the supp websites will offer SNS Focus XT with SNS ALCAR pretty cheap.