Supplements proven to increase sprint speed

gus.black33

Awards
Whats up guys,

I'm currently a college football player and looking for a supplement that anyone has taken that increased their sprinting speed/overall movement speed. I'm already taking creatine and a decent preworkout but I'm looking for something else to give me an edge. Also, I'm 230 playing LB at the low D1AA level and I'm looking to cut ~5-10 lbs of bodyfat before this upcoming season considering it's not a very lean 230, so any advice on something that could help me there would be appreciated as well. I've already restructured my diet plan to have higher fat/protein and fewer carbs as well so this may be all I need to help with fat loss but still. Thanks guys.

-Gus

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anything that increases power output should logically help at least a little with sprint speed, especially if you’re training. It would seem that anything that could improve recovery or endurance could also at least indirectly help if you take advantage of it in your training. If nothing else, they can help you maintain optimal performance later in workouts/games and later in the season. When I get to my computer I’ll give some actual examples.

gus.black33

Awards
more info

In case anyones wondering, my training split is
Mon change of direction + strength upper body (5/3/1 bench)
Tue acceleration + contrast lower body triphasic (4x2 squat 85%, superset w/ 3 jumps)
Wed max velocity sprinting
Thu change of direction + contrast upper body triphasic (4x2 close grip bench 85%, superset w/ 2 upper body plyos & 1 throw)
Fri acceleration + strength lower body (5/3/1 deadlift)
Sat + sun rest & recovery

gus.black33

Awards
Anything that increases power output should logically help at least a little with sprint speed, especially if you’re training. It would seem that anything that could improve recovery or endurance could also at least indirectly help if you take advantage of it in your training. If nothing else, they can help you maintain optimal performance later in workouts/games and later in the season. When I get to my computer I’ll give some actual examples.
thanks man, appreciate it. I've looked into SARMs as well but dont wanna bone a drug test, also not sure how effective those are in general

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
thanks man, appreciate it. I've looked into SARMs as well but dont wanna bone a drug test, also not sure how effective those are in general
Not sure that Sarms are the way you want to go. You need a quick boost. I would think something that increases cardio out more than strength gains would be better.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, SARMS aren't all that amazing IMO, and it's more logical to start with natural supplements.

Creatine is an obvious answer. Cheap, safe, effective for improving strength and body composition, and there are some studies showing improved sprint performance. The other strength benefits would also help a football player too.

Betaine anhydrous (TMG) is also a solid and affordable option. It has been shown to improve body composition and strength. It's also been shown to improve cycling sprint power, so it isn't really too much of a reach to say this could help you in some ways.

Beta alanine is also solid for athletes, with studies showing it can improve body composition and endurance, which can at least indirectly help you with speed, and perhaps maintain your speed later in training/practice/games.

Rhodiola rosea can help with endurance, and is also an adaptogen that can help reduce fatigue, which can help during intense training and a long season.

Alpha-GPC has been shown to improve power output; I'm not sure about sprint speed, but increased power output during training may allow you to improve your sprint perfomance indirectly if not indirectly.

PeakO2 is also good for improving endurance, which can be quite useful for a football player as well.

The above should be more than enough to start with, and I'd argue much more useful for your goals than a SARM(s).

gus.black33

Awards
Not sure that Sarms are the way you want to go. You need a quick boost. I would think something that increases cardio out more than strength gains would be better.
Thanks a bunch, I'll be sure to check all of these out. I'm sure I can find it online but how would you recommend dosing for beta-alanine and betaine anhydrous? When to take and how much to be exact.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks a bunch, I'll be sure to check all of these out. I'm sure I can find it online but how would you recommend dosing for beta-alanine and betaine anhydrous? When to take and how much to be exact.
Creatine: 3-5g/day (monohydrate is cheap and effective: take whenever, just do it daily)
Betaine: 2.5g/day (either at once or split into two doses: take whenever, just do it daily)
Beta Alanine: At least 3.2g/day, perhaps even 6.4g/day is ideal. You may get tingling with higher doses, especially if you take it without food. I'd split it into at least 2 doses. Some research suggests that it may be ideal for loading purposes to take it with meals, which would also help minimize any tingling you get from it. Again, take it daily, just like creatine and betaine.

Rhodiola: 100-300mg of an extract with 1-2% salidroside and 3% rosavin (you want both in the extract. Can be used daily, but also works acutely.

Alpha-GPC: Power output was increased with 600mg. 200-300mg may still work, and is more affordable. Should work acutely but can also be used daily.

PeakO2: 4g/day, split in 2 doses of 2g. Take daily.