Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Hey!

Still using Kratom myself from SUK more often than I care to admit. OK, it’s been everyday for months..
Currently using the Green Maeng Da capsules, as well as the Yellow Borneo capsules.

This past fall though, I got a free bag of the Simply Yellow Vein powder, and it was actually my favorite thus far (I have also used White Borneo). Sometimes simple is a good thing!

I had never heard the term toss and wash, but I definitely did that do problem. When you’re on the run, sometimes you just gotta do what ya gotta do..

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
My evening dose was 1.75 grams of the green MD with 1.25 grams of red MD.

I took this dose at 9pm. 3 hours post dinner, but I did take it with an avocado.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I am on episode 7 season 4 of GoT and plan on watching a few more episodes tonight.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Anyone else taking kratom tonight? If so, what are you using it for?

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Anyone else taking kratom tonight? If so, what are you using it for?
I use it for getting out of bed, having the courage to drive in to work, and enduring the insanity that commences at work. Once all of that is taken care of I am just fine!

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I use it for getting out of bed, having the courage to drive in to work, and enduring the insanity that commences at work. Once all of that is taken care of I am just fine!
I can understand that. It can be a good energizing/ anti-anxiety plant. What doses and strains do you use?

You would really enjoy this Green Maeng Da.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I can understand that. It can be a good energizing/ anti-anxiety plant. What doses and strains do you use?

You would really enjoy this Green Maeng Da.
Kratom in general acts like an adaptogen far more effectively than any adaptogen. Ha!
It can give you the energy and stamina to get through mentally and physically tough scenarios, but also calm your nerves and relax you.

I use GMD currently and Yellow Borneo...

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Kratom in general acts like an adaptogen far more effectively than any adaptogen. Ha!
It can give you the energy and stamina to get through mentally and physically tough scenarios, but also calm your nerves and relax you.

I use GMD currently and Yellow Borneo...
I fully agree.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Hey!

Still using Kratom myself from SUK more often than I care to admit. OK, it’s been everyday for months..
Currently using the Green Maeng Da capsules, as well as the Yellow Borneo capsules.

This past fall though, I got a free bag of the Simply Yellow Vein powder, and it was actually my favorite thus far (I have also used White Borneo). Sometimes simple is a good thing!

I had never heard the term toss and wash, but I definitely did that do problem. When you’re on the run, sometimes you just gotta do what ya gotta do..
Yellow vein provide more energy?

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
The only Kratom that didn't give me insomnia when taken at night was red bali.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
For me, the Simply Yellow Vein powder gave me the smoothest ride and the least side effects. I can get really dry airways from the others. Energy is on par with the rest I have tried, but possibly more of a euphoric nature? I don’t know, it just really impressed me the most when I got that as a sample.

I prefer caps for convenience, so I have bought the Yellow Borneo and was not quite as impressed.

So I prefer the Simply Yellow more than the Yellow Borneo, White Borneo, and Green Maeng Da

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Speaking of which, I need to toss down some caps of GMD and YB right now!

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Also, Vikings is on Amazon Video

heavyiron

heavyiron

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I would call it mildly energizing and more mood boosting than the others. After years of trying many types of Kratom I basically only take Reds and Yellows or a mixture of the two. Yellow is the anti depressant of the Kratom world IMHO.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I dosed 1.3 grams of the green at 25 mins ago and already feeling the mood improvement and a touch of energy.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I would call it mildly energizing and more mood boosting than the others. After years of trying many types of Kratom I basically only take Reds and Yellows or a mixture of the two. Yellow is the anti depressant of the Kratom world IMHO.
Yellow also seem to help me the most as far as social anxiety goes.

IMO your Yellow MD is great for mood, anxiety and clean energy.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I would say this green MD is slightly more stimulating then yellow MD. They may actually be about the same, but the green’s energizing effects last longer.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yellow also seem to help me the most as far as social anxiety goes.

IMO your Yellow MD is great for mood, anxiety and clean energy.
No wonder I am such a fan of the Yellow! These attributes were certainly evident for me..

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Today’s activities were:

-1 hour gym session in the morning.
-Landscaping my yard (trimming all the shrubs and laying down mulch).
-Pool session with my kids.

Overall, it was a good day. Back and shoulder pain is present.

I T&W the simple green at 1 gram and 1.75 grams of Red Vein Thai about 15 minutes ago.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yellow also my all time fave. So versatile. Energy, euphoria, pain relief, it can all be adjusted accordingly by dose. Low dose affects sleep for me tho, low dose for energy.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
My evening dose helped take the edge off the pain and had me feeling relaxed and comfortable. I slept well (3 hours post dose). I woke up without grogginess or anything like that.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I had a quick morning workout. Had a few friends over to hangout at the pool and grill out. After that we hit a beach bar. Over the course of 8 hours I really only consumed 4 drinks. No kratom today until about 10:30pm and it was 1.5 grams of red Bali.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Well it sounds like somebody is having a fun weekend!

Good timing with the kratom until after drinking. I find that if I have any kratom at any given point in the day and then drink, my tolerance for alcohol is greatly increased. I can drink much more than I normally would and not really feel drunk at all. No fun..

dallasboy22

dallasboy22

Awards
  • Established
Had anyone noticed more hair loss/shedding taking Kratom? I recently started using it for 4-6 weeks and definitely noticed a good amount of shedding. After researching , this seems to others say the same. So I’ve stopped and reevaluate in another few weeks.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

Good timing with the kratom until after drinking. I find that if I have any kratom at any given point in the day and then drink, my tolerance for alcohol is greatly increased. I can drink much more than I normally would and not really feel drunk at all. No fun..
It was a pretty good time. We don’t get to do that too often.

Yeah, I don’t like to combining kratom and alcohol. I will do one or the other (I much prefer kratom, but alcohol is way more socially accepted). I dosed the kratom 2 hours past finishing my last drink.

No hangover this morning, but definitely a bit dehydrated even though I did chug a decent amount of water before bed. Hydrated lots this morning. I had a short 40 minute workout. Crazy kids wanted more pool time so we did that. I have more yard work to finish (shrub trimming, weeding and laying more mulch). I will be sure to stay hydrated all day in this heat.

Last edited:
ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Had anyone noticed more hair loss/shedding taking Kratom? I recently started using it for 4-6 weeks and definitely noticed a good amount of shedding. After researching , this seems to others say the same. So I’ve stopped and reevaluate in another few weeks.
I haven’t noticed any hair shedding. I do keep a close eye on my hair line and no changes here. I have read about people mentioning this though.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I was in need of some pain relief and so I dosed 1.2 grams of the green and 1.8 grams of red at 7pm. I also took 1.6 grams of cissus, turmeric with black pepper extract and ZMA product with shilajit.

Pain relief is there and feeling comfortable.

I just started the 5 season of GoT. Plan to watch an episode or two tonight.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I didn’t sleep well at all last night. Will see how today goes.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Crazy busy day at work today. Probably won’t be getting a lunch or any type of break.

J

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Who needs alcohol when you have kratom? :)

Seriously though, I used to require a drink before socializing but now much prefer a shot of kratom because then I actually enjoy socializing...versus just surviving it with alcohol.

J

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I didn’t sleep well at all last night. Will see how today goes.
Man, I picked up some Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime Extra from the store on Friday and so far it's working better for sleep than most of the "stronger" supplements I've tried. Crazy how such a cheap, basic tea can work so well. If you haven't tried it yet, might be worth giving a shot.

edit: as a side note, I also saw there that Traditional Medicinals sells a new tea called Cup of Sunshine which contains just kanna and honeybush. If I wasn't already on an SSRI I'd give it a shot but figured I'd mention it to you in case you hadn't seen it and might be interested in trying it (gets really good reviews online for mood improvements).

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Man, I picked up some Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime Extra from the store on Friday and so far it's working better for sleep than most of the "stronger" supplements I've tried. Crazy how such a cheap, basic tea can work so well. If you haven't tried it yet, might be worth giving a shot.

edit: as a side note, I also saw there that Traditional Medicinals sells a new tea called Cup of Sunshine which contains just kanna and honeybush. If I wasn't already on an SSRI I'd give it a shot but figured I'd mention it to you in case you hadn't seen it and might be interested in trying it (gets really good reviews online for mood improvements).
Thanks! I will look into both of these.

Today was a rough one! I was really busy at work and battling some mild depression and feeling lethargic. So at 2pm I took 1.3 grams of white Borneo. It gave me a little pep as far as energy and mood goes. It only last about 2 hours then I was starting to feel some anxiety.

At 8:30pm I was still feeling the anxiety and my shoulder was killing me. I dosed 1.8 grams of gold Bali. The anxiety and pain has comedown a lot. I hope I can sleep tonight because I am feeling exhausted.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Feeling good today. I had a decent night sleep. It’s another busy day at work.

J

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks! I will look into both of these.

Today was a rough one! I was really busy at work and battling some mild depression and feeling lethargic. So at 2pm I took 1.3 grams of white Borneo. It gave me a little pep as far as energy and mood goes. It only last about 2 hours then I was starting to feel some anxiety.

At 8:30pm I was still feeling the anxiety and my shoulder was killing me. I dosed 1.8 grams of gold Bali. The anxiety and pain has comedown a lot. I hope I can sleep tonight because I am feeling exhausted.
Have you tried taking magnesium l-threonate at the same time as kratom? I've tried that the last couple days and am really liking it. It seems similar to agmatine in that it reduces the desire to re-dose but also gives the kratom more of a kick and mood boost (agmatine tends to reduce the mood benefits for me unless I take really low doses of it).

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Who needs alcohol when you have kratom? :)

Seriously though, I used to require a drink before socializing but now much prefer a shot of kratom because then I actually enjoy socializing...versus just surviving it with alcohol.
I don’t drink nearly as much as I used to, it’s possibly once a month or so now. It’s just not as much fun as it used to be during study hall back in high school.

Kratom definitely can be helpful with socializing...and could likely take the place of alcohol at family gatherings and such. For a crazy night on the town, I would still have to pass on the kratom and go right for traditional means.

That’s interesting about the magnesium threonate. I still have a bottle here that I have yet to put to good use. I will definitely try this!

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Have you tried taking magnesium l-threonate at the same time as kratom? I've tried that the last couple days and am really liking it. It seems similar to agmatine in that it reduces the desire to re-dose but also gives the kratom more of a kick and mood boost (agmatine tends to reduce the mood benefits for me unless I take really low doses of it).
I haven’t tried taking magnesium l-threonate with my kratom dose. I do think magnesium in general synergies well with kratom bringing out it’s relaxing effects. I notice it with my evening dose of kratom and the ZMA product I take. Since magnesium l-threonate is supposedly able to pass the blood brain barrier I would think it would be even more noticeable. I have a bottle of ND’s magnesium l-threonate powder. How much do you use?

J

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I haven’t tried taking magnesium l-threonate with my kratom dose. I do think magnesium in general synergies well with kratom bringing out it’s relaxing effects. I notice it with my evening dose of kratom and the ZMA product I take. Since magnesium l-threonate is supposedly able to pass the blood brain barrier I would think it would be even more noticeable. I have a bottle of ND’s magnesium l-threonate powder. How much do you use?
I use two capsules (so, roughly 100 mg of elemental magnesium or 1.3 g of the powder you have). I haven't tried 3 capsules but probably will eventually.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Another crazy busy day at work. I T&W 1.35 grams of the simple green at noon. About 3 hours of energy and better mood. I did start to get some more anxiety after the 3 hour mark.

I dosed .75 gram of green with 1.25 grams of red MD around 8pm.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I use two capsules (so, roughly 100 mg of elemental magnesium or 1.3 g of the powder you have). I haven't tried 3 capsules but probably will eventually.
Cool. I will try it out tomorrow night.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Had a great morning workout! Work is not nearly as busy today as the past couple days which is nice.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I toss and washed 2 grams of the green at 11 am and man it has legs! I still feel it 4.5 hours later.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I toss and washed 2 grams of the green at 11 am and man it has legs! I still feel it 4.5 hours later.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
The 11am dose of the simple green MD lasted about 5 hours. No crash or grogginess after it wore off. It just fades away slowly.

Tonight I did 1 gram of red vein Thai and 1 gram magnesium L-threonate (Magtein).

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Well with just that one experience I would say that MagTein does potentiate kratom. That small dose felt pretty strong. I will test it out tonight again.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Well with just that one experience I would say that MagTein does potentiate kratom. That small dose felt pretty strong. I will test it out tonight again.
Is magtein a better form than glycinate?

J

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Glad to see it working for you too (at least, with the one dose so far). Since I started taking magnesium l-threonate a few days ago I've been able to cut both my dose amount and dosing frequency in half...while still maintaining all the great kratom effects.

Do you usually just toss and wash the kratom? I tried that method again yesterday and just can't seem to get it down without coughing out a cloud of kratom. So far, mixing it with water and mio seems to work best for me.

muddertougher

muddertougher

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Magtien is magnesium attached to theornic acid which is a metabolite of obsortic acid to help it perforate the blood brain barrier, where it can help upregulate the prefrontal cortex act as a slight glutimate antagonist, magnesium does so much you could go on and on. Suposively absorbic acid is supposed to help break down the alkaloids in kratom not sure haven't looked into it much.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Magtien is magnesium attached to theornic acid which is a metabolite of obsortic acid to help it perforate the blood brain barrier, where it can help upregulate the prefrontal cortex act as a slight glutimate antagonist, magnesium does so much you could go on and on. Suposively absorbic acid is supposed to help break down the alkaloids in kratom not sure haven't looked into it much.
Vitamin c potentiates kratom for me.