Store Accountability

PITBULL915

A local supplement store is selling a steroid/prohormone stack where each pill contains, 10mg SD, 25mg HDrol, and 20mg max lmg.

I kind of find this disturbing taken into account many young people will be sold this kind of supplement without knowledge of what a PCT is nor the knowledge of what kind of effect these compounds will have on their body. What are your thoughts on this?

roan4

roan4

Awards
Having very little knowledge on the topic so far I can totally agree. I have been reading pretty much nonstop for the last week and I still get lost and have to hit upload Google

PITBULL915

Having very little knowledge on the topic so far I can totally agree. I have been reading pretty much nonstop for the last week and I still get lost and have to hit upload Google
Huh?

ripped_one

Awards
  • Established
A 12 year old can buy a bottle of extra strength tylenol from Wal-Mart, take the whole thing, and die within 24 hours. A 21 year old can buy a bottle of crown from the liquor store, chug the whole thing, and die in 6 hours from alcohol poisoning.

If you abuse drugs and alcohol, anabolic or not, the result is harm or death. So long as the supplement company recommends taking it responsibly (1-2 caps per day for 3-4 weeks tops) then I don't see the issue.

Noone can save you from yourself.

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
There's no difference between the store selling it and all the online stores selling the exact same thing.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
^--- yup.

and just like any idiot can work out, any idiot can take steroids, doesn't mean they know what they are doing, but may still have good results, as well as a high risk of injury.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A 12 year old can buy a bottle of extra strength tylenol from Wal-Mart, take the whole thing, and die within 24 hours. A 21 year old can buy a bottle of crown from the liquor store, chug the whole thing, and die in 6 hours from alcohol poisoning.

If you abuse drugs and alcohol, anabolic or not, the result is harm or death. So long as the supplement company recommends taking it responsibly (1-2 caps per day for 3-4 weeks tops) then I don't see the issue.

Noone can save you from yourself.
But you see you are making extremes out of the situation. No on is talking about taking the whole DS bottle are they? Also most people who buy alcohol already know the assumed risk that comes with becoming intoxicated. Most kids are clueless on the risk of taking a DS.

The problem is when you have a supplement store guy trying to talk a 16 year old kid into taking a DS like superdrol and telling him yea just take some nolvadex from gaspari and you will be good after the cycle. This is where the problem occurs. If you wanted to use one of your analogies it would be the some what equivalent to the bar tender selling someone under age the bottle of licquor and then saying don't worry about it your good to drive this won't have any negative effects on you.

Not saying it is the stores responsibility because yes that does fall on the consumer. The problem is these store have no ethics and will sell to whoever not caring about their age and not only are they not informing them on the proper way to cycle but actually intentionally misinforming them just to make another sale. This is the stuff that ends up on the news when little johnny miller turns yellow with jaundice and the mom is yelling and blaming the bottle of pills some dikhead sold her kid and then the FDA gets involved and then everyone looses out.

No it isn't the store responsibility as a vendor but it is their responsibility as a human.

Presa

Presa

Awards
  • Established
The world is a dangerous place to live. You can't always protect people from themselves. You can only hope their parents, ASSuming one or both of them were around, imparted enough knowledge on them growing up to help them make educated decisions. If not, then something or someone will "Do them in" along the way.....

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree with Judo.

I would also like to add that while it is easy saying that any people who buy these without knowing more about them is an idiot has to keep in mind that the mass majority of supplement users are not clued up people who research before they buy, they often rely on what the bottle says or what the staff at the store tell them.

I don't disagree with selling them, I disagree with selling them disingenuously. If it is in your shop you should be able to tell people what it is and not pass it off as the latest test booster.

On a side note, even the educated consumer who comes on Anabolic Minds to find out what something is has often been beaten by misleading or overly complicated nomenclature. How many people who took LG products knew that what was in it is ursolic acid?

ripped_one

Awards
  • Established
Morally accountable, yes. Legally, no. Plenty of lawsuits have come up over this, and the stores always win. According to federal law its the supplement companies responsibility to ensure there product is safe when taken as instructed on the label. So if you are 16 and take twice the dose, you have a losing lawsuit on your hands.