ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Volkswagen has about 500 million shares. When they squeezed, it quickly and easily went to 1000 euros a share. Would of gone higher, but that is where the majority of shares were sold.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I'd love to be able to pay off all my houses through the squeeze.
Well, I think you are a christian, pray about it. Ask and you shall receive. That's a major prayer point for me, that my mortgage get paid off immediately. I have a peace and confidence the prayer will be answered.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I really do wish Pelosi was heavily invested in shorting AMC though, lol
Yeah, true. In this scenario, the enemy of our enemy, although is still our enemy, they are a temporary tool for us.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

those red candles .. sickening each day dumping mil of shares and then next day they just buy it again

hello...........sec wake up

BamBam54

BamBam54

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Not necessarily, the insurance for the scenario is in the trillions of dollars. I'm still convinced between 1k and 10k is attainable and conservative.
Who is holding this "trillions" of insurance coverage? Those premiums have got to be crazy high 😳

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Who is holding this "trillions" of insurance coverage? Those premiums have got to be crazy high
This insurance exists when hedgefunds do not have enough liquidity to cover their losses completely.

BamBam54

BamBam54

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
This insurance exists when hedgefunds do not have enough liquidity to cover their losses completely.
I can believe individual hedgefunds have insurance... but the "trillions" part sounds like an internet myth.

Didn't Big Lou at one point address the likelihood of an insurance bailout being slim... especially if driven by illegal naked shorts.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I can believe individual hedgefunds have insurance... but the "trillions" part sounds like an internet myth.

Didn't Big Lou at one point address the likelihood of an insurance bailout being slim... especially if driven by illegal naked shorts.
Not a myth.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

The DTCC covers shareholders up to 4 trillion I believe….dealing with insurance is another story though as it may come down to settlements. Then the government bailouts the stock market when the DTCCs coverage wipes out.

I think I’m right about that but everyone can double check.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Also, I understand having a conservative attitude about price points. Aim high, and it it doesn't go high, it's disappointing. With AMC hitting between 1k and 10k a share, it's not in the realm of impossible. Difficult to get their? Sure. I do believe the SEC will allow the squeeze to get to those share prices.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Also, I understand having a conservative attitude about price points. Aim high, and it it doesn't go high, it's disappointing. With AMC hitting between 1k and 10k a share, it's not in the realm of impossible. Difficult to get their? Sure. I do believe the SEC will allow the squeeze to get to those share prices.
I just think if it hits far above that the DTCC will be contacting shareholders individually and have you settle at a lower rate per share unless people fight it out and wait potentially years to settle their claims.

10k is probably not going to cause much problems but that’s just my own opinion. 100k area probably yes.

BamBam54

BamBam54

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Here is info on the DTC and that 63 trillion number. Not just from an internet podcast.

Says here the 63 trillion is the total amount under depository custody and asset servicing. Nowhere do I see an insurance policy for that total amount, nor any indication that the DTCC would use THEIR insurance to bail out thriving hedge funds that made a bad bet.

Let's not let prayer and blind faith blur the line between real markets and math.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Here is info on the DTC and that 63 trillion number. Not just from an internet podcast.

Says here the 63 trillion is the total amount under depository custody and asset servicing. Nowhere do I see an insurance policy for that total amount, nor any indication that the DTCC would use THEIR insurance to bail out thriving hedge funds that made a bad bet.

Let's not let prayer and blind faith blur the line between real markets and math.
I'm not the brightest at the stock market, that said, there are two camps of people that appear like experts, the camp that says no squeeze, or no way it's going over a 100 per share, and the other camp that says there is no ceiling. I'm not going on blind faith. I'm looking at a past squeeze, VW, which has a similar amount of shares, and also factor in money was worth more during the VW squeeze when it hit 1k euros a share. 1k is very probable for AMC. 10k, more difficult to get to, but not impossible. God also will have favor, but if it doesn't turn out in our favor, I'll eat crow.

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
If you have 100 shares, the possibility for you to make 1 million exists.
This always makes me happy...

Yes, I pray for this. The wife & I go back & forth with how we'd invest. 2 kids through private high school is priority. After that, it's lagniappe..

I told her I'd love to sell and rebuild with cash. Our forever home.. Or, just keep this & build a lake house. She's getting frustrated and impatient, but I keep saying we ain't no paper hands. Lol

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
This always makes me happy...

Yes, I pray for this. The wife & I go back & forth with how we'd invest. 2 kids through private high school is priority. After that, it's lagniappe..

I told her I'd love to sell and rebuild with cash. Our forever home.. Or, just keep this & build a lake house. She's getting frustrated and impatient, but I keep saying we ain't no paper hands. Lol
tell the wifey, she dont wanna get on bad side of charles payne lol

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

wonder what he will share .. i know we have UFC & ATT-Warner bros deal with AMC .. maybe something new, regardless the co is doing great things to bring in revenue and helps our faith alive :)

BamBam54

BamBam54

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'm in the middle camp... I figure a squeeze/surge in the $100-500 range might be possible. We aren't going to be paying off our homes, but maybe a car loan or two. Which still ain't bad.

FWIW - your Volkswagon squeeze example went from 200 to 1000 and then back down to 200. A factor of 5.... basically AMC jumping to around 200 today.

And I bet you'd have a hellova time finding the couple of people who got out of Volkswagon anywhere near that 1000 peak.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm in the middle camp... I figure a squeeze/surge in the $100-500 range might be possible. We aren't going to be paying off our homes, but maybe a car loan or two. Which still ain't bad.

FWIW - your Volkswagon squeeze example went from 200 to 1000 and then back down to 200. A factor of 5.... basically AMC jumping to around 200 today.

And I bet you'd have a hellova time finding the couple of people who got out of Volkswagon anywhere near that 1000 peak.
hey $500 would be no joke too

i dont think VW squeeze was the same type what we have here going .. VW happened only bc i believe porsche owner saw the float and gobbled them up, not mainly retailers.

keep in mind .. the media now is more powerful then anything we had in back in the day .. now "non financial advisors" can let pple know hold till so and so by saying "this is what i am doing"

basically gamestop and roaring kitty scenario .. but i get where you are coming from as well, i have said it all along since i got in at $5 this can take year(s) .. but if community remains strong anything is possible

( but still main thing is we need SEC to do the damn job .. same thing happens .. dumping rigth at the bell and then dumping at lunch break .. and have been confirmed majority retailers arent selling .. and its hard for me to believe that someone in retail has 1-5mil of shares alone to dump )

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

I doubt VW had nearly as many naked shorts, though.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

basically they are putting out endless counterfit shares/money out in the market.

if something was being done or they were to fight fair im sure we would be in 2k+ by now

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Also the primary difference between AMC and VW is the fact that the VM long shares were held by a small group of people, AMC is dependent on 4 million mostly independent individuals collaborating and having faith in eachother that they hold as long as possible during a potential squeeze.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Like I've said, I'll have the unrealistic human expectation. I've personally seen impossible things, literally impossible things, happen, personally. If you were in my shoes, you might be able to believe like I presently believe. And when everything is said and done, if I'm wrong, I'll be okay because I've also lived through a fair share of disappointment and crappy situations.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
id like to buy this for my side chick when AMC moon's

BamBam54

BamBam54

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Retail holdings make it even more likely to crest and fall far short of 1k. Those 4 million retail holders all having bills to pay, and no one wanting to be the last one holding the bag. At least not anyone who played "hot-potato" as a kid.

Human nature is human nature.
Just sayin'.... have your numbers in mind as the situation unfolds, and long before youtubers reveal they actually made their move.

If I am wrong and some biblical magic happens, I too will eat crow. 😋

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Retail holdings make it even more likely to crest and fall far short of 1k. Those 4 million retail holders all having bills to pay, and no one wanting to be the last one holding the bag. At least not anyone who played "hot-potato" as a kid.

Just sayin'.... have your numbers in mind as the situation unfolds, and long before youtubers reveal they actually made their move.

If I am wrong and some biblical magic happens, I too will eat crow. 😋
I have a set goal of a certain amount of money I need to call this story a success (and make my wife happy) on my part that would help me in a big way, and then the rest Ill take more risks.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

If I am wrong and some biblical magic happens, I too will eat crow.
I'd like to think the majority came in to the play for generational wealth. That said, your right about human nature. Emotions make many jump ship early.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Hello guys, I'm an AMC short seller, and everything that comes out of my mouth is a lie. Do these guys even realize they are lying, or do they now believe their own lies?Screenshot_20210810-163722.jpeg

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I have not caught this before .. watch this clip

Jordan B saying SEC is over his office 15x in last 6months

Reactions: ax1
ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have not caught this before .. watch this clip

Jordan B saying SEC is over his office 15x in last 6months
Thats a great movie...I revisited it a few months ago, I highly recommend you watch it.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
nscc-2021-010-dtcc

“Puts short sellers in most extreme condition they have ever been.”

“Prohibits short sellers from creating failure to delivers as well as naked shorting.”

Filed on August 23rd and effective on the 24th.

Overview: