Stims turned off, pumps rising

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I’d like to thank BUILDFASTFORM for choosing me as one of several loggers for their product vasoblitz.

IMG_3125.JPG

IMG_3126.JPG

Quick rundown of some of the benefits of each ingredient:

VITAMIN C
Reduction of free radicals
Strengthens immune system
Helps with muscle soreness

CALCIUM
Helps muscular contraction
Assists in bone remodeling

L-CITRULLINE
Decreases fatigue
Decreases muscle soreness
Assists exercise capacity
Increases Nitric Oxide
Increases blood flow
May increase GH levels post workout

BETAINE ANHYDROUS
Increases power output
Increases energy levels
Increase in anaerobic capacity
Promotes cellular hydration
Has been shown to reduce depression in depression prone individuals

ARGININE NITRATE
Prolonged vasodilation
Assists recovery
Improves blood flow
Increases endurance

CALCIUM LACTATE
Strengthens bones
Lowers BP
Assists weight management
Relieves Muscle cramping
Assists in the expansion and contraction of blood vessels.

I’ll start tomorrow with chest/side/front delts

I don’t plan rest days, if I need a day I take it. Typically it’s around 1-3 times a week. Really varies.

Starting a 2 month stim break so the timing for me is perfect.

If I absolutely have to have some caffeine it’ll be a cup of coffee, in which case I’ll make a note. On previous stim breaks I’d say this has occurred 1-3 times per total break, almost entirely in the am which is hours from working out.

I’m transitioning from cut to bulk, which I’ll be in during the entire course of this log. I don’t train fasted, I can do a session if desired but if I don’t take hbcd intra I feel sick, but like I said if desired I can.

Lately my preworkout carbs have varied between 25 and 50 carbs.

All cheat meals will be noted. I am a donut addict and enjoy them post workout/after dinner so I’ll note bc the high carb content could impact pump the following session. But it’ll be noted and I’ve toned this down to once a week now. If this were a full in bulk, well tbh I’ve been known to donut up for days upon days. #noexaggeration

I’ve been training in a high rep fashion lately. Just bc I have so much fun training this way. But as you’ll see I vary ranges. Most compounds are 6-8. Isolation are typically anywhere from 10-30. Like I said I took a break from properly planning a program for myself and decided to simply train as I enjoy to. But for the sake of the log I will definitely switch things up to see product effect vs. a range of rep ranges.

Only thing to note is in the past when I’ve used high pump products on leg days I’ve had to shorten sessions severely bc the pumps got to the point where it was just painful to continue. But we’ll see how legs go here, if it’s an issue I’ll drop to 1 scoop on leg days and make a note.

Any questions or requests please let me know.

I look forward to starting this.

soxbsbll05

soxbsbll05

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
In since I’ll be logging this as well!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I'll get in on this!

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Productive and very enjoyable first day.

Gotta admit the first couple days of a stim break are always the most difficult for me. Definitely pretty sluggish early today to the point that I was actually considering just taking a rest day. But man, that would’ve been like calling in sick on your first day at a new job lol

Anyhow took a nice hour long stroll through the neighborhood checking out all the sweet Silverado’s and vettes at the local Chevy dealership, and that woke me up.

Figured I’d take a pic of a pretty normal pre workout meal for me, obviously not the food itself but the macro contents.

IMG_3131.JPG

Homemade goulash. Fried green beans and a homemade potato patty. Btw, the potato patties are like crack-so darned good.

27 g fat 41g carbs 36g protein.

Opened up the vasoblitz

IMG_3132.JPG

Of course I had to work to find the scoop-I swear I have this thought that supp companies bury the scoops and just get good laughs all day-bc this happens all the time with 95% of the companies.

It actually took only two turns if the container to reveal the scoop so this really wasn’t bad at all.

Poured 2 scoops into 16 oz glass of water-this is my normal method so I kept it consistent. Stirred very easily, nothing stuck to the sides of the glass and no leftover sediment.

Taste was good. But I could definitely see some ppl not happy with it, because it really is super subtle. All I drink is water so it didn’t bother me at all, it’s literally like water with hints and notes of blue raspberry. I’d actually prefer it like this compared to being overly powerful.

8 minute drive to the gym and veins were already popping out when I got into the locker room before I even got started:

IMG_3133.JPG

Today was Chest, Side and Front delt day.

Started up with Barbell Floor Press:
5x12. 95,135,155,170,165

Bb floor press is my go to chest movement. I bench but I prefer this bc it takes lats and legs(if you’re doing it right) out of the equation. This leaves almost the full workload coming from your pecs. You also get the tris involved more as well.

Military Press. 4x10. 45,65,95,95

Barbell Upright Row. 4x8. 95x3,65

Super Set
Landmine Press Single 3x20. 70,75,75
Landmine Press double. Same

Super Set
Landmine Arc Twists 3x15. 45, 50,50
Landmine Lateral Raises Same

Incline DB Press
50x15,60x10,70x10,65x11,55x12

That 60 was supposed to be 12 but I lost focus during the set bc this crazy hot girl decided to do some DB Rdl right in front of me. Not that I’m complaining.

Incline DB paused Fly. 3x20. 20 lbs

Basically an incline fly with a 2-3 second hold at extension.

1 arm Side Lateral 35 lbs. 3x12

Decline Press using cables. 3x20. 22.5 each d handle

You can see a decent tricep Pump here:

IMG_3155.JPG

Not bad for not technically hitting arms.

Chest and shoulder pump with a nice vein shot:

IMG_3157.JPG

Pumps kicked in right about that second set of the floor press. By the end it was engorged, reason why I went straight into 3 shoulder movements. Pumps stayed entire session and now about 3 hours later it’s gone down but still much more pumped than it normally is.

Look forward to lat, trap and rear delt pumps tomorrow.

Muckl3

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nice detailed log so far, looking good.

Regarding the subtle taste, I’m looking forward to it more now lol. No bash but I think the us like sweeter or intense flavouring more than the uk.

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Regarding the subtle taste, I’m looking forward to it more now lol. No bash but I think the us like sweeter or intense flavouring more than the uk.
Well I am 1/4 English so maybe that’s why I prefer flavors less intense

BUILDFASTFORM

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Well I am 1/4 English so maybe that’s why I prefer flavors less intense
Thank you for the starting the log for VASOBLITZ!

Directions on the bottle recommends 8-10 ounces of water per serving (serving is 2 scoops). We think at 8-10 ounces the flavor is pretty spectacular:)

BUILDFASTFORM

Awards
  • First Up Vote

Obviously simply by adding more water the flavor will dilute. You'll need the extra hydration with the blood volume that comes with VASOBLTIZ.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Also in for some pump

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thank you for the starting the log for VASOBLITZ!

Directions on the bottle recommends 8-10 ounces of water per serving (serving is 2 scoops). We think at 8-10 ounces the flavor is pretty spectacular:)
Yeah I knew you the 8-10 oz recommendation. I only used 16 bc I wanted to get a consistent basis, as that’s the amount I usually use. Reason being is that over the years I learned that 6-10 is usually way too sweet/strong for me and 16 is the sweet spot for my own personal taste. I tried it in 10 today and for me that’s perfect, still not “strong” but just a nice blue raspberry flavored drink. Any less water and it’d be too sweet I think. My own tastes. So as far as flavor goes you actually flavored based on the 8-10 ounces. Totally different than most companies who 16 is like 10 with vasoblitz. Heck I’ve had intra products b4 that it’s still strong in a 48 oz blender bottle. So if you’re like me and like it less strong, try 10 oz, I think that’ll work for you as it did me. But that all said I didn’t even mind it in the 16 oz yesterday personally.

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So today I ate a ham sandwich and a couple pickles pre workout and a scoop of ghost pb cereal milk. About 45 minutes b4 gym. 6.5 fat 25 carb 59 protein.

I had a definite plan going into today’s workout. Was going to do a 10-8-6-4 for my first few exercises but that all got thrown out the window very early.

Rack pull warm up. 2x10. 135,225
315x4,1
I pulled something low back region and waited about five minutes after stretching it out a bit and 1 rep wasn’t comfortable so I scrapped the game plan.

This happens every once in a while. It’s bc I didn’t properly warm up, my own fault. Some days I’m just ready to get lifting and skip it. I know better and still skipped the warm up so totally on me. But if it’s like previous times this’ll be gone by the time next Back day comes around.

So out went the bent over row, long bar row and barbell/behind back barbell shrugs.

Seated row 5x20. 40,55,70,85,100
Baby weights. I was just being super cautious.

Wide grip pulldown 4x20. 55,85,100, 100

Reverse grip pulldown 3x20. 100

Wide grip straight arm pulldown rep per pound 35,30,25

1 arm straight arm pulldown 10-2x20

1 arm pulldown 2x30. 70,85

Trx row 3x10
Band pull apart 3x20

Cable rear fly 3x20. 10,15,20

Face pull rep per pound 3x30

Shrug machine 5x20. 3@90,2@180

So as I could see outside of a cpl lifts I played it pretty safe with the weights today.

Had a pretty killer lat, rear delt and bicep pump going. Forgot to take post workout pump pics but here’s a cpl from the workout

IMG_3175.JPG

IMG_3180.JPG

I can already tell after two workouts that this stuff is legit. Yesterday I went heavy per higher reps and pump imo was better but even with lighter weight at higher reps I had an above average pump day. Tomorrow is arms so I’m fairly confident I’ll be good to go, Tuesday leg day may be a problem with the back tweak but I’ll deal with that on Tuesday. Arm pumps should be stupid tomorrow, I always get decent pumps on arm day with my training so adding vasoblitz should be fun.

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Today was a tough day. Many of you who followed my logs know about my seasonal problems, well today was gloomy af and it was a victory just getting out of bed today. Going stim free probably didn’t help matters but I got myself up and went for a walk and made it to the he gym.

I hit arms but it never felt like a killer session. Sure I felt better by being there and getting my pump on but you got to understand that I loveeeee this sh1t so much and today just felt like clocking in and clocking out-that sucks. That all considered the session turned out better than it felt after looking at the numbers.

Vasoblitz did it’s job, got a killer overall arm pump and some pretty nasty vein work too.

Lunch-
IMG_3190.JPG

Ham sandwich with pb ghost and my mother had her club over today and she did this Greek theme. She had Greek potatoes, Greek pasta salad and spanakopita. I hate Greek potatoes and saved the pasta for post workout but had this slice of spanakopita-basically a spinach quiche on phyllo dough. Not bad but I’m not a fan of zesty lemon and she put it in there. 16 fat 41 carb 46 protein

Workout

Close grip bench 8x6. 135, 3@185,3@155,135

Skull 3x15. 50 lbs

Dip machine 3x20. 145x2,125

Vbar pushdown Rep per pound 20,25,30

Alt db curl 30x15,35x12,40x10,45x8

Db hammer curl 3x10. 40,30,30

Low pulley cable curl 1 arm. 3x20. 10 lbs

Db wrist twists 25 lb plate. 3x25

Decline crunch 3x20

Here’s a photo from the workout:

IMG_3214.JPG

Took a couple post workout pics

IMG_3218.JPG

IMG_3220.JPG

These were taken about half hour after last arm exercise. Pump was still strong and veins had gone down a bit but still there. I should’ve snapped a pic during workout where my forearm veins were like a spiderweb but didn’t.

Low back felt better today though so hopefully that’ll be good tomorrow, legs calves on tap if it’s a go.

Humble

Humble

Awards
  • Established
Today was a tough day. Many of you who followed my logs know about my seasonal problems, well today was gloomy af and it was a victory just getting out of bed today. Going stim free probably didn’t help matters but I got myself up and went for a walk and made it to the he gym.

I hit arms but it never felt like a killer session. Sure I felt better by being there and getting my pump on but you got to understand that I loveeeee this sh1t so much and today just felt like clocking in and clocking out-that sucks. That all considered the session turned out better than it felt after looking at the numbers.

Vasoblitz did it’s job, got a killer overall arm pump and some pretty nasty vein work too.

Lunch-
View attachment 168835

Ham sandwich with pb ghost and my mother had her club over today and she did this Greek theme. She had Greek potatoes, Greek pasta salad and spanakopita. I hate Greek potatoes and saved the pasta for post workout but had this slice of spanakopita-basically a spinach quiche on phyllo dough. Not bad but I’m not a fan of zesty lemon and she put it in there. 16 fat 41 carb 46 protein

Workout

Skull 3x15. 50 lbs

Decline crunch 3x20

View attachment 168836

View attachment 168837

View attachment 168838

These were taken about half hour after last arm exercise. Pump was still strong and veins had gone down a bit but still there. I should’ve snapped a pic during workout where my forearm veins were like a spiderweb but didn’t.

Low back felt better today though so hopefully that’ll be good tomorrow, legs calves on tap if it’s a go.
Lookin’ great, @ bloodnthunder !

Keep up the hard work!

BUILDFASTFORM

Awards
  • First Up Vote

Lunch-
View attachment 168835

Workout

Skull 3x15. 50 lbs

Decline crunch 3x20

View attachment 168836

View attachment 168837

View attachment 168838

We'll call that the after workout residual pump.

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ok. As if I wasn’t sold already I am now.

Leg day and while I am not a fan of the extreme leg pumps what so ever, and while I did have to modify weights as this session went on bc of the pump, the endurance aspect of the product really shined today.

I had a really rough morning, same sh1t different day. Stupid S.A.D. Was mocking me all morning then sky cleared up around 130 and I got a little jolt of life. But man I came really close to calling it a rest day.

My low back is definitely better but still isn’t 100%. So I removed box squats and sumo dl from my game plan for today just as a precaution-but wait til u guys read my workout-it was the bomb.

Awhile ago I read several studies advocating 20+ heavy reps as the ideal situation for leg growth.

Normally I do box squats, sumo dl, and bb hack squats but I do this in the 4-6 rep range, bc well heck it’s fun to work with heavy a$$ Weight too. In these studies they even mentioned that compound lifts like squats and dl are not the best choice for high reps due to all the moving parts involved.

I have a bum right knee which hurts on the squat alone, even at 135 it acts up. Nothing else bothers it even box squats, so I don’t squat anymore, not until I get a good pair of wraps and test it out again.

Anyhow I’ve been doing this opening set for awhile now and it’s pretty insane.

Tri set
Leg press close and centered low foot position 3x20. 270,360,500. 2x25. 360,270
Leg press high and wide foot position Same
Calf press same

So in essence each set is a 40-50 rep set, with the only stoppage being to reset feet. First set is quad dominant, second still hits quads hard but incorporates a lot of hamstring. Last set is calf.

Then I transition to single leg press. These are done with foot centered in the middle of the pad.
270x10,180x15,140x20,90x25

And for those wondering about depth. Here’s a shot from today for first part:

IMG_3240.JPG

All you have to do is get your knees to equal or slightly greater than your toes. When you bring it all the way to chest you’re truly not gaining much more of anything tbh. If I wasn’t so lean I wouldn’t even get this deep. Anyhow, here’s a shot for the second part:

IMG_3244.JPG

You’ll notice I didn’t quite meet my criteria here. It’s a case of my abductors and hip taking forever to warm up. I typically spend 20-30 minutes stretching dynamically b4 but they’re problem areas and I just go as deep as I can,making sure I really feel the hams stretching good each rep.

Calves:

IMG_3250.JPG

I keep the side locks engaged and u can see theirs a definite backward angle on the ankle/foot position-that’s the starting point for each rep.

Ok. From here I was pretty shot but still had a bunch of stuff to get to:

Super Set
Standing calf raises 3x12. 175 lbs
Side position single leg press 3x10. 50 lbs

I almost never do these side things bc they really humble u. If I did then fresh I could probably get 90 lbs for 10, which really isn’t that much higher-but for a substitute exercise I did it today.

Super Set
Db rdl. 3x10. 20,50,90
Single leg squat of bench 3x10. Body weight

Smith machine rdl. 5x10. 45,135,185,135x2

Yeah 185 was too heavy at this point so had to accept that today.

Horizontal calf press 3x20. 175 lbs

Prone leg curl upsets-each is 10 reps
40/65, 30/50,20/65

Bob showed me the importance of the negative portion for each rep awhile back when we first lifted together and I’ve been doing them like this ever since. You fire up then take an 8-10 second negative. They’re crazy hard fresh let alone at the end.

Abduction 95x50
Adduction Same

Single leg extensions finisher. 40x30
I used the 2-2,4-4,6-6,8-8,10-10 rep scheme to get 30 reps each leg.

Workout lasted 113 minutes and barely could move legs so full of blood and sore.

Endurance though wow. Color me impressed:

Some post workout pump pics:

IMG_3254.JPG

IMG_3255.JPG

After I had to run a cpl errands but when I got home I realized I didn’t really get a good hammy pump pic in there so took one, this Mind you was about 70 minutes after I left the gym

IMG_3261.JPG

I’m hoping that deal will still be up after the check I just got clears on Monday bc def want to pick a cpl tubs up for future use. Stuff is awesome.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Gettin some nice wheels!

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Gettin some nice wheels!
Thanks trying. Us old guys have to jump through hoops though, hips, back, knees lol. But getting there.

soxbsbll05

soxbsbll05

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Man, all these positive comments have me excited!

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Calcium lactate is such an under utilized supp glad it's in the formula

A bit late but subbed

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
just read thru this log....another great detailed log, BnT!!!

BUILDFASTFORM

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Ok. As if I wasn’t sold already I am now.

Leg day and while I am not a fan of the extreme leg pumps what so ever, and while I did have to modify weights as this session went on bc of the pump, the endurance aspect of the product really shined today.

I had a really rough morning, same sh1t different day. Stupid S.A.D. Was mocking me all morning then sky cleared up around 130 and I got a little jolt of life. But man I came really close to calling it a rest day.

My low back is definitely better but still isn’t 100%. So I removed box squats and sumo dl from my game plan for today just as a precaution-but wait til u guys read my workout-it was the bomb.

Awhile ago I read several studies advocating 20+ heavy reps as the ideal situation for leg growth.

Normally I do box squats, sumo dl, and bb hack squats but I do this in the 4-6 rep range, bc well heck it’s fun to work with heavy a$$ Weight too. In these studies they even mentioned that compound lifts like squats and dl are not the best choice for high reps due to all the moving parts involved.

I have a bum right knee which hurts on the squat alone, even at 135 it acts up. Nothing else bothers it even box squats, so I don’t squat anymore, not until I get a good pair of wraps and test it out again.

Anyhow I’ve been doing this opening set for awhile now and it’s pretty insane.

Tri set
Leg press close and centered low foot position 3x20. 270,360,500. 2x25. 360,270
Leg press high and wide foot position Same
Calf press same

So in essence each set is a 40-50 rep set, with the only stoppage being to reset feet. First set is quad dominant, second still hits quads hard but incorporates a lot of hamstring. Last set is calf.

Then I transition to single leg press. These are done with foot centered in the middle of the pad.
270x10,180x15,140x20,90x25

And for those wondering about depth. Here’s a shot from today for first part:

View attachment 168922

All you have to do is get your knees to equal or slightly greater than your toes. When you bring it all the way to chest you’re truly not gaining much more of anything tbh. If I wasn’t so lean I wouldn’t even get this deep. Anyhow, here’s a shot for the second part:

View attachment 168924

You’ll notice I didn’t quite meet my criteria here. It’s a case of my abductors and hip taking forever to warm up. I typically spend 20-30 minutes stretching dynamically b4 but they’re problem areas and I just go as deep as I can,making sure I really feel the hams stretching good each rep.

Calves:

View attachment 168925

I keep the side locks engaged and u can see theirs a definite backward angle on the ankle/foot position-that’s the starting point for each rep.

Ok. From here I was pretty shot but still had a bunch of stuff to get to:

Super Set
Standing calf raises 3x12. 175 lbs
Side position single leg press 3x10. 50 lbs

I almost never do these side things bc they really humble u. If I did then fresh I could probably get 90 lbs for 10, which really isn’t that much higher-but for a substitute exercise I did it today.

Super Set
Db rdl. 3x10. 20,50,90
Single leg squat of bench 3x10. Body weight

Smith machine rdl. 5x10. 45,135,185,135x2

Yeah 185 was too heavy at this point so had to accept that today.

Horizontal calf press 3x20. 175 lbs

Prone leg curl upsets-each is 10 reps
40/65, 30/50,20/65

Bob showed me the importance of the negative portion for each rep awhile back when we first lifted together and I’ve been doing them like this ever since. You fire up then take an 8-10 second negative. They’re crazy hard fresh let alone at the end.

Abduction 95x50
Adduction Same

Single leg extensions finisher. 40x30
I used the 2-2,4-4,6-6,8-8,10-10 rep scheme to get 30 reps each leg.

Workout lasted 113 minutes and barely could move legs so full of blood and sore.

Endurance though wow. Color me impressed:

Some post workout pump pics:

View attachment 168926

View attachment 168927

After I had to run a cpl errands but when I got home I realized I didn’t really get a good hammy pump pic in there so took one, this Mind you was about 70 minutes after I left the gym

View attachment 168928

I’m hoping that deal will still be up after the check I just got clears on Monday bc def want to pick a cpl tubs up for future use. Stuff is awesome.
Nice Detail. Thank you sir for taking us on the journey!

BFF

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Preworkout meal I chiseled away at the goulash. Man I have to learn how to do math better bc some of these recipes must assume you’re trying to feed the brady bunch. Been chipping away at it all week-it’s good still but man I’m not gonna want to eat it for a year lol

Decided to do a circuit style shoulder training session today. Entire listed workout was only 47 minutes, was gonna be 65 but for the first time in forever I had to during a workout-thank God that almost never happens to me bc after that I had no desire to go back out there lol

Circuit 1. 3x15 for all exercises
Plate raise. 45
Side lateral raises 15
Db underhand front raises 15
Standing rear fly 15

Circuit 2. 3x20 for each exercise
Plate shrugs. 45’s. Did them like this: at sides, in front, behind back
Single arm Db upright 20
Single arm standing db press 20
Single arm lateral raises 20

Circuit 3. 3x15.
High incline db press 35,40,45
Seated db shrug 35,40,45
Plate rear fly seated 10
Plate lateral raises 10

Circuit 4. 2x20
Bat wings. 20
Lever row 20
Lying rear fly 20
Kelso shrugs. 100 ez bar
Overhead db shrug. 20

Nice overall shoulder trap pump. Really had no trouble regarding in between set recovery at all-probably could’ve gone a bit higher on some of the weights if I’m being honest with myself.

IMG_3269.JPG

I tape almost all my lifts lately. I swear some of the facial expressions lol. But u can see the overall pump here.

I have this sporadic gig where I go around and do inventory at this local chain. Normally they give me like 1-2 a week, I got 26 today. I turned 14 back bc it’s amazing how so many companies not from the area have no clue the relationship between where I live and store locations. 8 if these were about 3 hrs away. Others an hour one way drive-but I got a full day tomorrow and maybe Friday. This is a perfect example why I don’t plan rest days bc stuff comes up and makes rest days for you, this time it coincides well as I’m ready for a day or two off from training. If I get done early enough I may do some cardio-typically I never take any type of pre for cardio-but if you’d like me to take this for research let me know and I’ll do it.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
never a dull moment.....:eek:uttahere:

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Rest day like I figured it would be.

Ran around all day doing inventory and by the time I got done I had more jobs in my queue than b4 I left. This latest batches are so simple. Normally each job takes about 50-75 minutes but not having to do returns I’m knocking them out in 15-30 minutes so glad about that.

I was so tired around lunch I had to cheat on my stim break. I had a pina colada bang. Absolutely disgusting. It woke me up but I should’ve got the purple one but for some reason I said hmmm pina colada. Live and learn.

Not sure I’ll get to lift tomorrow either bc I have to get a cpl stores done in the morning and supposed to see slayer tomorrow night but it’s an early show starts at 5. So odds vs. any kind of gym time. Saturday looks bad time wise too as I have to knock out a bunch of these stores and there’s a big patch of stores in a far away area so have to do them all in on trip to avoid going back to that area.

Will drop some updates though

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Ran around all day doing inventory and by the time I got done I had more jobs in my queue than b4 I left. This latest batches are so simple. Normally each job takes about 50-75 minutes but not having to do returns I’m knocking them out in 15-30 minutes so glad about that.

I was so tired around lunch I had to cheat on my stim break. I had a pina colada bang. Absolutely disgusting. It woke me up but I should’ve got the purple one but for some reason I said hmmm pina colada. Live and learn.

Not sure I’ll get to lift tomorrow either bc I have to get a cpl stores done in the morning and supposed to see slayer tomorrow night but it’s an early show starts at 5. So odds vs. any kind of gym time. Saturday looks bad time wise too as I have to knock out a bunch of these stores and there’s a big patch of stores in a far away area so have to do them all in on trip to avoid going back to that area.

WORKIN MAN!
Not much of a pina colada guy myself.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
WORKIN MAN!
Not much of a pina colada guy myself.
hell yes...if you can't find a job right now you aint wanting to work!!!

say what you will about trump, but this economy is on fire!!!

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
thebigt. Since you like my little stories and rants got a few from today for you and everyone else too.

First the one I’m super pissed about.

Me and a cpl of my buddies have had our tix to the slayer, testament, anthrax, lamb of god and napalm death show for a while now. My one buddy bought them all like he always have and then we pay him back day of the show-nothing new here at all.

Well my one friend always drives. But last night he sends a text out that his car died. No problem I said I’d drive since I don’t drink anyway. Well the guy that bought the tickets said nah he wants to drive. Ok fine by me.

Around 330, show starts at 5 btw, he shoots a group text saying that his wife needed the car so he sold the tickets to a guy at work. Wtf happened to the offer I made to drive.

Totally slipped his mind he said. Well so I said let’s get some tickets and I’ll drive. Both guys back out. So I was considering going up by myself but it’s an hour drive 3 hours with post concert traffic coming back. By myself that sucks. Then it starts raining and all that is left are lawn seats. So I said f it. Pisses me off bc this is last tour ever for slayer. Oh well.

Second thing that happened is kinda funny.

Went way up north to this tiny little town called newfane ny to do an inventory this morning. The store is like 1/4 the size of most of the others. So I’m standing there talking to the manager,very nice guy, and I said wow can’t believe how small this store is compared to the others. He replied well u have to go to a big city to get the giant stores. I’m like nah there’s a pretty big one in Lockport(a city that’s super tiny too but definitely bigger than this village). He nods and said yeah those big cities get all the good stuff. And the whole time I thought he meant buffalo bc never in my life would I call any of those northern cities big by any means lol. I laughed about it but it shows how perceptions are totally skewed depending on where you live. Another perfect example is how having to drive 20 minutes seems like an eternity to me to do something but in most places a 20 minute drive is basically the distance it takes to go anywhere.

Oh well but hey on a log note. Took 2 scoops in a blender bottle and dipped on it all day. Took a notice later in the day after doing nothing physical all day and I noticed a crazy forearm pump and veins. Even without activity this stuff delivers.

IMG_3283.JPG

I look awful in the pic but veins look good at least.

BUILDFASTFORM

Awards
  • First Up Vote
thebigt. Since you like my little stories and rants got a few from today for you and everyone else too.

Me and a cpl of my buddies have had our tix to the slayer, testament, anthrax, lamb of god and napalm death show for a while now. My one buddy bought them all like he always have and then we pay him back day of the show-nothing new here at all.

Well my one friend always drives. But last night he sends a text out that his car died. No problem I said I’d drive since I don’t drink anyway. Well the guy that bought the tickets said nah he wants to drive. Ok fine by me.

Around 330, show starts at 5 btw, he shoots a group text saying that his wife needed the car so he sold the tickets to a guy at work. Wtf happened to the offer I made to drive.

Totally slipped his mind he said. Well so I said let’s get some tickets and I’ll drive. Both guys back out. So I was considering going up by myself but it’s an hour drive 3 hours with post concert traffic coming back. By myself that sucks. Then it starts raining and all that is left are lawn seats. So I said f it. Pisses me off bc this is last tour ever for slayer. Oh well.

Went way up north to this tiny little town called newfane ny to do an inventory this morning. The store is like 1/4 the size of most of the others. So I’m standing there talking to the manager,very nice guy, and I said wow can’t believe how small this store is compared to the others. He replied well u have to go to a big city to get the giant stores. I’m like nah there’s a pretty big one in Lockport(a city that’s super tiny too but definitely bigger than this village). He nods and said yeah those big cities get all the good stuff. And the whole time I thought he meant buffalo bc never in my life would I call any of those northern cities big by any means lol. I laughed about it but it shows how perceptions are totally skewed depending on where you live. Another perfect example is how having to drive 20 minutes seems like an eternity to me to do something but in most places a 20 minute drive is basically the distance it takes to go anywhere.

Oh well but hey on a log note. Took 2 scoops in a blender bottle and dipped on it all day. Took a notice later in the day after doing nothing physical all day and I noticed a crazy forearm pump and veins. Even without activity this stuff delivers.

View attachment 169169

Good color commentary for a log!

We'll call it the Inventory Pump:)

BFF

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Finished up the inventory work I had this morning. Man I went into this one store and like out of a movie I find the store manager and assistant manager wheeling the spinner display out towards the back room. So I introduced myself and they told me no one has been there to service the store in about a year. In the back there was a pallet of product that should’ve been put out. Last years Halloween and Christmas displays lol

Someone got paid for doing nothing for a whole year and nobody caught them. I have no idea how they got away with it though bc part of the job is to take pics. Unless they just kept submitting the same one over and over again I can’t see how they pulled it off. So lately these stores take about 20-30 min to do start to finish but this one store took almost 2 hours bc I had to go through all the stuff that was sitting there and figure out which ones to load the rack up with. Oh well interesting to say the least.

Got a fast chest session in.

Actually bc of the late time I got back home I just took 2 scoops of vasoblitz and Went to the gym. And while not technically fasted it was 8 hours since last meal-now that meal was a donut so....

Anyhow
Bench. 3x10. 125,185,205. 2x9. 210,200. 190x10. Had to rest pause 2 times to get the final 4 reps.

Incline bb 3x10. 95,115,125. 2x6. 145

My chest was so engorged with a pump it hurt so bad at this point.

Took about a 10 minute rest talking to some buddies

Db hammer bench. 50x10,2x7. 60,55

Normally when I do 20 rep days I do 50,55,60. The pump was so stupid it was so hard to push anymore. But I felt every rep deep.

Finished up with 4 circuits of high,low,medium, iron cross. 10x20 on the cables

Then ended things with negatives on the bench roc-it machine. I use my legs to kick the weights out and then let the weight back slowly. 3sets of 225x3

Pump pics:

IMG_3305.JPG

IMG_3307.JPG

Even though this was a much quicker workout then the first time I hit Chest I think the pump was crazy better today. I actually think they’re getting deeper too as the days go on.

Humble

Humble

Awards
  • Established

LOL!

Purple or Pinà Colada?
bloodnthunder, are sure your not living in “The Matrix?”

“Red pill or blue pill?”

One of my favorite movies.

It sounds like you have a busy life. That can be a blessing and a curse.

Good luck on the stim avoidance!

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So this morning I slept in a little. About 1/4 to 9 I’m in bed, u know, that you’re awake but if u wait long enough maybe you’ll fall back asleep mode. Well I can hear my father complaining about the street being blocked off.

It was bc of the annual car show that they do. They block off about 8 side roads access to the main road. It is an inconvenience but I don’t complain about this bc I actually like checking out the cars. Parades, well they’re another story altogether.

I spent about 40-45 minutes there. I would’ve stayed longer but it’s been like 90 degrees with 86 humidity. Just nasty.

Here’s some pics I took:

IMG_3322.JPG

IMG_3321.JPG

IMG_3320.JPG

IMG_3318.JPG

IMG_3317.JPG

IMG_3316.JPG

IMG_3310.JPG

IMG_3309.JPG

After I ate lunch. Just a bacon sandwich so kinda a low carb day bc typically my carbs surround the workout. Donut days are exception to the rule lol

Hit up some back:

Straight arm pulldown 30x30

Rack pull 10x8. 45,135,225,315,405x3,315,225,135

Ss
Bent over row 2x12 135,185
Reverse grip same

Ss
Bar shrug 2x20. 185,225
Behind back same

Long bar row 3x20. 1 plate, 2 plates, 2 and a 25

-d handle pulldown 70x30,100x11

Seated -d handle rows. Feet on floor. 2x20 85,100

1 arm straight arm pulldown 15x30

Ss
High row off the pulldown station 3x15. 70
Cable rear fly 3x20. 10,15,20

I scripted out the first few exercises then kinda played it by ear lol. The reason for the -d handle love today was out of pure laziness, didn’t feel like looking around for other attachments.

Not the greatest pic but you can get a semblance of the crazy pump I had going on through the workout

IMG_3356.JPG

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

View attachment 169169

lol...you tell the best stories-thank you for sharing!!!

BUILDFASTFORM

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Calcium lactate is such an under utilized supp glad it's in the formula

A bit late but subbed
Real good observation. We agree and lactate is misunderstood.

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Preworkout meal today was eggs and ricotta cheese mixture. So another low carb start to the day. Had some oats early around 730.

Got to gym around 130

For some reason it was crazy busy, no explanation just a bunch of faces I’ve never seen before.

Close grip bench 135x12, 2x10. 155,165. 185x6

Bar curl. 45x12, 3x10. 105,95,85

Curl press. Not sure if I just made this up or not but kinda liked it. Basically you strict curl up and then continuously Press the weight overhead reverse grip style.

85x7, 75x8,65x9,55x10

Bb front raises 2x15. 45 lbs
Underhand grip. Same

Skull 3x20. 45 lbs

Plate side lateral raises 10x20,5x25,2.5x30

Circuit 3x20
Single rope hammer 10,15,20
Cable front raises 5,10,15
Cable lateral same
Low pulley bend 50 lbs
Pallof 10,15,20
High pulley bend 50 lbs
Single rope pushdown 10,15,20

Kind of a different session today. I hit up the front and side delts pretty good and got some ab work in there as well, therefore had to cut out a couple of xtra arm lifts. But overall crazy pumps. I do think they’re getting better each time out.

IMG_3373.JPG

Tomorrow will be my second time hitting legs using vasoblitz.

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Legs were decimated.

Pumps were psycho and not just in legs, had crazy arm pumps going on at times throughout the workout.

I wasn’t feeling up to doing my 5x40 sets of leg press today so instead I decided to do a 10x20. It was a bad decision. I’m all for switching things up but even though I cut the reps in half that heavier load really took its toll on me and wound up going very light on the rest of the workout.

Leg press close and inside. 10x10. 2@360,450,540,630,720. Did it up and back down style.
Leg press high and wide same
Calf press same

Single leg press 270x10,180x15,140x20,90x25

Side single leg press 3x10. 90 lbs

Sumo dl 3x10. 135,225,225

Jefferson dl. 225-3x5

Bb hack squat 3x7. 225

Standing calf machine 3x15. 100 lbs

Leg pump example

IMG_3391.JPG

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
hey man, your hard work is paying off!!!

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
hey man, your hard work is paying off!!!
Thanks I appreciate that. Sometimes I feel like no matter how well I program things or dial nutrition in it’s not enough when I look in the mirror, so when I hear compliments like this from ppl I’m friends with it makes me feel a lot better. Thanks

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Thanks I appreciate that. Sometimes I feel like no matter how well I program things or dial nutrition in it’s not enough when I look in the mirror, so when I hear compliments like this from ppl I’m friends with it makes me feel a lot better. Thanks
I hear ya...same here!!!

we are our own worst critics, lol.

BUILDFASTFORM

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Legs were decimated.

Pumps were psycho and not just in legs, had crazy arm pumps going on at times throughout the workout.

I wasn’t feeling up to doing my 5x40 sets of leg press today so instead I decided to do a 10x20. It was a bad decision. I’m all for switching things up but even though I cut the reps in half that heavier load really took its toll on me and wound up going very light on the rest of the workout.

Leg press close and inside. 10x10. 2@360,450,540,630,720. Did it up and back down style.
Leg press high and wide same
Calf press same

Single leg press 270x10,180x15,140x20,90x25

Side single leg press 3x10. 90 lbs

Sumo dl 3x10. 135,225,225

Jefferson dl. 225-3x5

Bb hack squat 3x7. 225

Standing calf machine 3x15. 100 lbs

Leg pump example

View attachment 169339
Huge Arm pump on leg day. Quads look full in this picture. You train hard and smart.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lookin good brother!