still look skinny?

remybol1738

remybol1738

Awards
So guys I've always been on the small lean side of the scale weighing like 130 to 135ish. So this fall I decided let me bulk up an add some size. I went from 134 to 157 so far since September. Now I can tell I've put on weight even friends mention it. But I'm only 5'6 and I think I still look skinny maybe it's my arms they Still look slinky looking. Shoulders traps and back look OK. But I thought I'd at least be a lil thick all over.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Is there a question here?

remybol1738

remybol1738

Awards
Is there a question here?
Well sort of, where is the weight going? 20 lb gain and I can't even tell. At my height shouldn't I be able to notice a more pronounced change?

remybol1738

remybol1738

Awards
Still skinny but not as skinny as you were.
Guess your right. I had a set number in my head where I thought I'd look nice around 160 to 165ish but maybe the muscle has to fill in or mature? I know a number probably isn't the way to go about how I should look though.

remybol1738

remybol1738

Awards
Still skinny but not as skinny as you were.
Guess your right. I had a set number in my head where I thought I'd look nice around 160 to 165ish but maybe the muscle has to fill in or mature? I know a number probably isn't the way to go about how I should look though.
But kinda skinny
Def thought I was getting the ladies with this new body thus Sumner 🤣🤣

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Def thought I was getting the ladies with this new body thus Sumner 🤣🤣
Your arms appear to have decent development in your avatar, you probably bulked up more in the legs and or back than you expected. Did you do any measurements before bulking? If so you can do them again and figure out where it went. Otherwise as already mentioned maybe for the look you want you just need to be even heavier. If you want to look bigger in a shirt don't be afraid to get the bear look, but if you want to look bigger with your shirt off you might try leaning up a little. Just depends. It is really hard to critique your physique from that little avatar pic.

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If you're like most of us here, you're always going to want MORE :) People are noticing you, so feel good about that. This doesn't directly compare to you but after a cut, I can go from 180 to 200 with hardly trying. You may not notice it, but your muscles are filling up with carbs and water. So it's easy to think you should look bigger after gaining that weight. Just keep grinding away with a good workout program/diet and the gains will keep coming bro.

remybol1738

remybol1738

Awards
so you think i should cut a lil bit or should i just continue to bulk these are my recent pics. The avatar is from like 2017 i believe.

Attachments

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Dude, you look awesome! I would just keep focusing on growing, you are plenty lean. If you want that thick necked look eat and lift. Make sure you are deadlifting, and rowing it does some amazing things for trying to look yoked!

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
You look much better than u giving yourself credit for!

Keeping a log of the big lifts will help you stay on track and it’s motivating to have something to keep you accountable.
(I just started back up with a little journal)
I’ve always found as long as my main lifts are improving in some way, reps or weight etc. my physique is making strides too. Gotta pair it with big eating and let yourself embrace that and know the cut look will return when you tweak the nutrition in the future…

Stay on the grind!

DinnerTable²

DinnerTable²

Awards
Just realize, that your weight is on par with your height from what I can tell. At my absolute leanest, after 9 years of training, and with several cycles under my belt, I was weighing in at 177-180 at 6ft tall. I was probably 8-10%bodyfat.
Tried all forms of training, bulking, cutting, maintenance, recomp. Thats where I ended up.

remybol1738

remybol1738

Awards
Just realize, that your weight is on par with your height from what I can tell. At my absolute leanest, after 9 years of training, and with several cycles under my belt, I was weighing in at 177-180 at 6ft tall. I was probably 8-10%bodyfat.
Tried all forms of training, bulking, cutting, maintenance, recomp. Thats where I ended up.
So you topped out at 180 I might not be able to get much bigger an stay lean I haven't put in much fan since bulking. I think though that will change with the next 10 to 15 lbs then I may have to do a cut. Probably around 170lbs of I can get there in time. Like was said least I'm not as skinny, but wanna look lean for summer.

DinnerTable²

DinnerTable²

Awards
So you topped out at 180 I might not be able to get much bigger an stay lean I haven't put in much fan since bulking. I think though that will change with the next 10 to 15 lbs then I may have to do a cut. Probably around 170lbs of I can get there in time. Like was said least I'm not as skinny, but wanna look lean for summer.
Well to be fair the "cycles" i have done were with andros and a couple differs sarms. Im sure I could put on more mass with full blown gear but not sure i really want to jump down that rabbit hole, at least yet.
If you can get to 170 and be pretty lean, at 5ft6 thatd be a solid physique.

remybol1738

remybol1738

Awards
How much fat you guys think I'm sitting at? 17 to 20% I never had to cut before because I never bulked really. Not sure how well I'll do when it comes time to cut. Hoping while I'm still bulking that I dont add to much fat.

S

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
How much fat you guys think I'm sitting at? 17 to 20% I never had to cut before because I never bulked really. Not sure how well I'll do when it comes time to cut. Hoping while I'm still bulking that I dont add to much fat.
I hate guessing this stuff but I don't think you look 17 - 20%. I would say you're closer to 14 or 15%.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah, if you're about 5' 6 at 157# looking about how your pics were from a few posts back, you won't look "big" by any stretch of the imagination while clothed. Now, shirt off you look to be around that maybe 13-14% BF to me? I'm a little heavier than you by just a few lbs, slightly higher BF, but you're definitely leaner. But the leaner you are the "bigger " you'll appear to the average non-workout individual. But as others said, you'll prob never be big enough in your own eyes!

Your vascularity and frankly chest shape/fullness are good. So keep adding some size I'd say. I bulked up past 180# once and for my frame that was large (and sloppy), so it is definitely possible to push size if you're willing to do the work.

We're all striving for the same unattainable goals, LOL. But keep up the good work!

Last edited: