Starting TRT today

lionking999

lionking999

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I have not updated because I ran into more insurance problems and wanted to wait until I had it in hand. Was able to get without insurance at $22 for 2 months worth.

First inject was last night in left glute. All smooth.

Will continue every Tuesday night at 100mg until my my bloods in a month to see where I’m at. Will surely ask to raise the dose if needed to try and get myself in the upper range

Jbryfit1

Jbryfit1

Awards
Yeah, 100 is going’s to have you I’d guess in the 400’s. Probably going to want 120-130
Hopefully insurance goes through. Mine pays for it 100%.
I Know it isn’t much, but you could be spending that money on more important things….

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah, 100 is going’s to have you I’d guess in the 400’s. Probably going to want 120-130
Hopefully insurance goes through. Mine pays for it 100%.
I Know it isn’t much, but you could be spending that money on more important things….
I’ve been on TRT for 10 years and I pin 100 mgs a week. That keeps in the the 700’s in my trough. There’s no way to know what 100 mgs will do for him. It varies so much from person to person.

botk1161

botk1161

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I have not updated because I ran into more insurance problems and wanted to wait until I had it in hand. Was able to get without insurance at $22 for 2 months worth.

First inject was last night in left glute. All smooth.

Will continue every Tuesday night at 100mg until my my bloods in a month to see where I’m at. Will surely ask to raise the dose if needed to try and get myself in the upper range
Most people including me get into mid to upper range on 100mg (I m 55 and this puts me into the high upper range).

Jbryfit1

Jbryfit1

Awards
I’ve been on TRT for 10 years and I pin 100 mgs a week. That keeps in the the 700’s in my trough. There’s no way to know what 100 mgs will do for him. It varies so much from person to person.
Okay? 🤷‍♂️
120 put me around 532.
As you pointed out, it’s individualized. Which is why I said “I guess” it’s a guess.
Most people are on a higher dose than 100mg/week.

jim2509

jim2509

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
On 100mg a week and latest blood test showed me in the 800's.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Okay?
120 put me around 532.
As you pointed out, it’s individualized. Which is why I said “I guess” it’s a guess.
Most people are on a higher dose than 100mg/week.
I was just making a point that it varies so much when it comes to using test. Wasn’t trying to come at you.

lionking999

lionking999

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Since I inject Tuesday I’m assuming I should do bloods on Monday correct? or should I do it in the middle like Friday ?

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Since I inject Tuesday I’m assuming I should do bloods on Monday correct? or should I do it in the middle like Friday ?
No. Do your bloods as early on Tuesday as you can BEFORE you inject. That will give your true trough.

Jbryfit1

Jbryfit1

Awards
My doc takes me bloodwork at 8am then gives me my shot after.
as was said above, get blood drawn as early in the morning as possible.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Get to the point where you can do your own injections. The only reason doctors would require you to go in for injections is to make money and ultimately you will want weekly at the VERY longest and more frequent if possible. Daily injection is becoming really common, though not realistic nor sustainable for most.

lionking999

lionking999

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Get to the point where you can do your own injections. The only reason doctors would require you to go in for injections is to make money and ultimately you will want weekly at the VERY longest and more frequent if possible. Daily injection is becoming really common, though not realistic nor sustainable for most.
I am able to do injections at home. I have a nurse friend do it for me until I get used to the idea. I want to see how once a week goes for now but will most likely move to twice a week if I feel it’s needed

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am able to do injections at home. I have a nurse friend do it for me until I get used to the idea. I want to see how once a week goes for now but will most likely move to twice a week if I feel it’s needed
That's a good plan.

lionking999

lionking999

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
first bloods are tomorrow. only things I have noticed so far on 100/week is slightly elevated mood and slightly more energy.
I’m very curious to see what my numbers are now after 4 weeks. Will update as soon as I get results

FloridaMan

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
There's pellets too, my cousins Dr. Just talked him into the pellet dispite me telling him don't do it. He basically had 11 tic tacs surgically implanted into his asscheek, no thank you
I'm getting Instagram ads for dozens of TRT clinics. Apparently they have TRT candy too? Idk I'm not emailing them to cleify

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'm getting Instagram ads for dozens of TRT clinics. Apparently they have TRT candy too? Idk I'm not emailing them to cleify
Yea that's one of the things Alex Rodriguez got busted for..they put test in jolly rancher type candy

FloridaMan

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Yea that's one of the things Alex Rodriguez got busted for..they put test in jolly rancher type candy
That seems horribly inefficient... It'd be fun to be on cycle eating candy though hahaha. Could finally say I'm on Skittles without being sarcastic

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That seems horribly inefficient... It'd be fun to be on cycle eating candy though hahaha. Could finally say I'm on Skittles without being sarcastic
You know that’s actually something I can never find: methyltest. For something that was used to spike so many things, and allegedly is so crazy cheap and so many people enjoy as a preWO, I have yet to find a source offering it.

Jbryfit1

Jbryfit1

Awards
I hope it’s not plain test
You know that’s actually something I can never find: methyltest. For something that was used to spike so many things, and allegedly is so crazy cheap and so many people enjoy as a preWO, I have yet to find a source offering it.
have you tried googling “methyl testosterone raw powder”

FloridaMan

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I saw it once near a decade ago on like Napster I think. Was probably powdered sugar pills though knowing them.... Reminds me that I have a gram of mtren lying around somewhere that I need to find, and throw away LOL bought it on a whim. Now I'm old and wiser and want nothing to do with it

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I hope it’s not plain test

have you tried googling “methyl testosterone raw powder”
Yeah plain test would be useless.

I’m not trying to get slapped with an intent to distribute charge over a novel preWO lol.

I saw it once near a decade ago on like Napster I think. Was probably powdered sugar pills though knowing them.... Reminds me that I have a gram of mtren lying around somewhere that I need to find, and throw away LOL bought it on a whim. Now I'm old and wiser and want nothing to do with it
Mtren is a great preWO, but it’s one of those things you kind of want to enjoy very sparingly. Like deep fried food - it’s the stuff life is made of, and lost over lol

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Damn really? it’s a shame because at this point it’s a quality of life issue. no libido, bad mood, fatigued, low confidence. My dr is supposed to get back to me tomorrow. If he has no answers my next step will be going to an endo, and then if that fails I’ll start looking into clinics
In my case, when I was originally on Androgel, the insurance would only approve one bottle per month, which was less than the prescribed amount. They would not reimburse for amounts higher than that. Androgel ls stupidly expensive, so I found a compounding pharmacy that fills at the prescribed amount at for $50/mo - much less that what it would have cost me to buy Androgel).

FloridaMan

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Mtren is a great preWO, but it’s one of those things you kind of want to enjoy very sparingly. Like deep fried food - it’s the stuff life is made of, and lost over lol
Lol when I got home and popped open my pack of stuff I took out the mtren and it looked like a little baggy of heroin. I was like "well this could have been a really bad car ride home".

Though raws are infinitely easier to get shipped that ready made steroids. Only thing I ever had popped by customs was some "improperly labeled" blood pressure meds.

Customs tried to get me to claim it like 3 times telling me it would be destroyed otherwise. Go ahead fellas, my pack was split in 2 and I've got 3 years worth in my box, have at it.

johnny412

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
napster? napster was a music file sharing service?

lionking999

lionking999

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
How are you feeling in the 600's?
Nothing crazy. Slightly better mood and less lethargic. No physical changes and no changes in libido yet. I know things take time, but I had thought directly injecting test would have shown more/better results by now. So I’m hoping the dr let’s me going higher.

cruze1911r1

cruze1911r1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Nothing crazy. Slightly better mood and less lethargic. No physical changes and no changes in libido yet. I know things take time, but I had thought directly injecting test would have shown more/better results by now. So I’m hoping the dr let’s me going higher.
That's on 100mg?

johnny412

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
is there any kind of shortened life expectancy from trt?

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
is there any kind of shortened life expectancy from trt?
In theory if you remain on prescribed trt and your levels stay within range, you feel great, then you shouldn’t suffer from health issues relating to trt. In all actuality low T is a cause of heart disease and other major health issues. If you abuse test and don’t keep your labs in check then that can cause major health issues.

lionking999

lionking999

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Think you'll like that dose..most guys' sweet spot is in between 150 and 200
Good to hear. He seems to be on board with letting me get as high as I can without going “out of range”… I knew he was going to be “the one” because the first time I met him he came in and said “sorry to keep you waiting I was dealing with a bunch of fuckin old people” haha

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Good to hear. He seems to be on board with letting me get as high as I can without going “out of range”… I knew he was going to be “the one” because the first time I met him he came in and said “sorry to keep you waiting I was dealing with a bunch of fuckin old people” haha
Lol...yea I would felt the exact same way after hearing that

lionking999

lionking999

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Just stopping in to share something I have noticed since starting trt.

I haven’t had a cold sore for about two years. since starting trt in 6 weeks I have had three small flare ups.

I’m assuming my body just needs to get used to or adjusted to the changes in hormones ?

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar

I haven’t had a cold sore for about two years. since starting trt in 6 weeks I have had three small flare ups.

I’m assuming my body just needs to get used to or adjusted to the changes in hormones ?
Pretty much unless you've been banging hookers because you're libido has gone way up

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Whenever hormone levels are raising or decreasing, there’s often cortisol/stress while the body adapts.

I don’t know the recommended dosage, but guys on here have mentioned Lysine really helps mitigate cold sores for them.

lionking999

lionking999

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Whenever hormone levels are raising or decreasing, there’s often cortisol/stress while the body adapts.

I don’t know the recommended dosage, but guys on here have mentioned Lysine really helps mitigate cold sores for them.
Thanks a bunch I will look into it!

lionking999

lionking999

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Have you had your shbg checked?
Just checked. Did not get that checked but I will bring it up next visit. I did just notice my prolactin is low normal so it shouldn’t be a prolactin issue. He also never checked e2 or estrodial (are they the same thing?)

I was going to ride out the new 150 dose until next bloods. I have a feeling my low libido is an issue with estrogen. I am solely basing this off the fact that the last time I took arimistane ( like two years ago before trt) my libido went so high through the roof

cruze1911r1

cruze1911r1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
E2 test dht and shbg all play in together. If shbg is high it won't matter if your free test is 2000ngdl, if it's all bound up it's basically useless.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 2
Brocodeout69 Male Anti-Aging Medicine 21
Topher_ruiz Anabolics 5
brandlife 35 and Older 21
BloodManor Male Anti-Aging Medicine 10