Starting TRT today

lionking999

lionking999

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Starting trt today with a few basic questions. But first here are starting stats:
31y/o @160 lbs
Total test = 239
Free test = 9.6
Prolactin = 6.0
LH = 1.6
FSH = 3.5

Primary doc prescribed me 50mg patches. He said if I don’t feel any effects after a week to double up on the dose. He also referred me to an endo if I decide the patches aren’t working. My hopes were to get on at least 150-200 test injections but he said his office doesn’t prescribe injects. Also he wants bloods every 3 months.

My questions are:
1) how do you guys feel about the patches and dosage he prescribed?
2) I was looking forward to running a couple things (after getting dialed in) without worrying about pct, but how can I do that with bloods every 3 months?
3) will natural anabolics even aid in muscle production anymore?
4) would running a product like trueshred in the spring cause any problems in my test results?

I haven’t logged anything before but I suppose if I were to log anything then this would be the time. Thanks for any input and will update this as my journey progresses.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
subscribing to learn. I didn't even know there was a TRT patch.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I’m no expert, but regarding #2, you’ll want to run bloods that often to dial in what is right for you. Maybe after you are getting the results the doctor wants they space out the bloodwork? I’m not sure, but I’m thankful for my blood work referrals ever 12w.

lionking999

lionking999

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I’m no expert, but regarding #2, you’ll want to run bloods that often to dial in what is right for you. Maybe after you are getting the results the doctor wants they space out the bloodwork? I’m not sure, but I’m thankful for my blood work referrals ever 12w.
he seemed to be talking about the duration of trt. but I hope you are right and hope he spaces it out down the road

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
From the prior experience of a few ppl I've spoken with, you should expect a boost in mood and libido, but there not gonna do anything for building muscle beyond what someone could do naturally. Not that 150mg test injection will do much in that department either but all the guys I know who started on patches moved on to the injections and 150mg of test cyp will work significantly better. If I were you I'd start looking for a new Dr. Unless of course your completely satisfied with the patches or gel but most ppl arent

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Starting trt today with a few basic questions. But first here are starting stats:
31y/o @160 lbs
Total test = 239
Free test = 9.6
Prolactin = 6.0
LH = 1.6
FSH = 3.5

Primary doc prescribed me 50mg patches. He said if I don’t feel any effects after a week to double up on the dose. He also referred me to an endo if I decide the patches aren’t working. My hopes were to get on at least 150-200 test injections but he said his office doesn’t prescribe injects. Also he wants bloods every 3 months.

My questions are:
1) how do you guys feel about the patches and dosage he prescribed?
2) I was looking forward to running a couple things (after getting dialed in) without worrying about pct, but how can I do that with bloods every 3 months?
3) will natural anabolics even aid in muscle production anymore?
4) would running a product like trueshred in the spring cause any problems in my test results?

I haven’t logged anything before but I suppose if I were to log anything then this would be the time. Thanks for any input and will update this as my journey progresses.
Hate it hate it hate it ( the patches not you or your questions lol they're actually really well thought out )but seriously i would self prescribe with ugl test ( which which do before patches) but with your test at that low of a level i would be shocked if your endo didn't prescribe injections @Hyde @Smont
Big pharma makes more money on the patches, gels and pellets apparently
This ☝

botk1161

botk1161

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I would tell the guy you would prefer to inject and see the endo.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
OP he referred you to an endo, just go see the endo lol
I completely missed that part, and that is 100% what should be done. Start the patches or don't but go to a endo. I would actually stop using the patches like a week before I went to the endo and be like.......looks like these patches ain't working lol

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
With test that low I would be shocked if you didn't get injections

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
With test that low I would be shocked if you didn't get injections
There's Dr.s who will tell you that yiur barley out of range, some of these ranges are 250-1100 and if your 25 or 52 they don't see the difference. You would be surprised the things they tell people. Also, how low you are doesn't play any difference in weather you get cream, patches or injection. That's kinda on what the Dr. Likes to prescribe. There are DR. Out there that will not prescribe injection

lionking999

lionking999

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
My script for the patches got denied by my insurance anyways so I’m just going to make an appointment with the endo to skip the bs. Going to look up the endos in my network and make an appointment with one of the younger ones lol

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
My script for the patches got denied by my insurance anyways so I’m just going to make an appointment with the endo to skip the bs. Going to look up the endos in my network and make an appointment with one of the younger ones lol
This haircut will raise your testosterone 300%
Resized_Screenshot_20230113-175016_Reddit.jpeg

Drolball

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Just a heads up, my insurance doesn't cover my injections either, but I use goodrx. It brought paying $140 for a 4 week supply down to $35 for a 10 week supply.

Jbryfit1

Jbryfit1

Awards
They probably denied it because you aren’t low enough.
My insurance requires you to be 230 or less, the clinic I get my shots from I think it was 235 for doing it without insurance , I’d have to look.

you’ll need to ask them what it’s supposed to be, then take something to get it to drop.
I used s23 to make sure my levels has dropped. My test was at 50 going in for my first blood draws.
after a week off s23 it had already begun to recover and jumped to 80.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
My insurance requires you to be 230 or less, the clinic I get my shots from I think it was 235 for doing it without insurance , I’d have to look.

you’ll need to ask them what it’s supposed to be, then take something to get it to drop.
I used s23 to make sure my levels has dropped. My test was at 50 going in for my first blood draws.
No mater what you take, when you come off yiur numbers are going to start going back up unless you chemically castrated yourself. So it going from 50 to 80 is just the normal recovery process. Everyone's body is completely capable of restoring its natural hormones unless your hypogonadal. S23 originally was designed to be a male contraceptive. It's very good at crushing your testosterone levels and doing it quickly

lionking999

lionking999

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established

Damn really? it’s a shame because at this point it’s a quality of life issue. no libido, bad mood, fatigued, low confidence. My dr is supposed to get back to me tomorrow. If he has no answers my next step will be going to an endo, and then if that fails I’ll start looking into clinics

Jbryfit1

Jbryfit1

Awards
Damn really? it’s a shame because at this point it’s a quality of life issue. no libido, bad mood, fatigued, low confidence. My dr is supposed to get back to me tomorrow. If he has no answers my next step will be going to an endo, and then if that fails I’ll start looking into clinics
People think steroids give a person roid rage?
Na, low test is what really causes a man to fly off the handle at everything.
I was my grumpiest in the month and a half waiting for test e to clear so I could get on trt.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I was my grumpiest in the month and a half waiting for test e to clear so I could get on trt.
Generally speaking, the higher my testosterone levels are the better of a mood I'm in. I've never ran a gram of test or anything extreme, but from my trt@150mg and going up to 300 I get a increase sense of well-being and from 300 to 450 or 600 it improves even more. Roid rage is what happens when you take a little asshole and put 50lbs on him he becomes a bigger ass hole. I've never met one single person who is normal, goes on steroids and becomes a raging lunatic lol

lionking999

lionking999

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Exactly. To be honest I just have always thought I was just a grumpy dude. it’s small stuff that bothers me and pisses me off. everyone I know on t seems to be very happy lol. I was actually happy to start trt with the hopes of life getting better. the physical changes, if any, would just be a bonus. No doubt in my mind I will feel better once I get my levels up

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Generally speaking, the higher my testosterone levels are the better of a mood I'm in. I've never ran a gram of test or anything extreme, but from my trt@150mg and going up to 300 I get a increase sense of well-being and from 300 to 450 or 600 it improves even more. Roid rage is what happens when you take a little asshole and put 50lbs on him he becomes a bigger ass hole. I've never met one single person who is normal, goes on steroids and becomes a raging lunatic lol
Gear does the opposite for me. I don't lose my temperature on it, I'm more open and outgoing almost like when you're at a party abd you've had 3 or 4 beers and you feel like you can talk to anyone everything's good, you know the point right before you start taking shots and doing lines and then it goes all bad

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I'm still listening to everyone here who has more advice and experience than me (well, zero gear experience personally) but while nobody has agreed to me it has seemed like estrogen levels disproportionately high to testosterone have caused the grumpiness that people try to avoid and from what I have learned in life individuals with higher estrogen levels seem grumpier. of course that's not science thats me listening and observing.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Gear does the opposite for me. I don't lose my temperature on it, I'm more open and outgoing almost like when you're at a party abd you've had 3 or 4 beers and you feel like you can talk to anyone everything's good, you know the point right before you start taking shots and doing lines and then it goes all bad

😅😅😅😅

it's a fine line, right? both moods are enhanced 😅😅

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Does your BP usually spike on cycle? Sounds like a adrenaline rush type thing. Honestly, I wish I got more of a "on" feeling. I don't notice much outside a increase sense of well-being, maybe more energy

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I'm still listening to everyone here who has more advice and experience than me (well, zero gear experience personally) but while nobody has agreed to me it has seemed like estrogen levels disproportionately high to testosterone have caused the grumpiness that people try to avoid and from what I have learned in life individuals with higher estrogen levels seem grumpier. of course that's not science thats me listening and observing.
Being your age or basically anyone over 35 and still making progress means your doing **** right. While trt probably wouldn't make a huge difference for you, a little cycle that put you double the reference range would probably have you smashing PRs week after week on your first cycle. I wouldn’t be surprised if yiur deadlift went up 100lbs in 12 weeks, not even slightly joking

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Being your age or basically anyone over 35 and still making progress means your doing **** right. While trt probably wouldn't make a huge difference for you, a little cycle that put you double the reference range would probably have you smashing PRs week after week on your first cycle. I wouldn’t be surprised if yiur deadlift went up 100lbs in 12 weeks, not even slightly joking
At this point if I have a medical professional say do it, then it's an easy sell to myself and my wife (lol). I am looking into transdermals more and while I know it's not going to be as effective as injectables I'm at least dabbling and curious. Transdermals are easy though even if I only gain a small boost...

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
At this point if I have a medical professional say do it, then it's an easy sell to myself and my wife (lol). I am looking into transdermals more and while I know it's not going to be as effective as injectables I'm at least dabbling and curious. Transdermals are easy though even if I only gain a small boost...
From my understanding the transdermal can't get you far enough outside the range to make a difference, now if you were to use the td as a base and add another compound, that would work. But I wouldn't expect anything in terms of muscle growth or strength gains from td testosterone

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Here's the thing, transdermal testosterone can get you to the top of the reference range or slightly higher. But not high enough to make a big difference. Do you really want to shut down your own natural testosterone just to replace it with roughly the same amount of testosterone where you may or may not progress faster then natty and then have to pct and recover your testosterone back to the same or lower?

Seems like a lot of possibilities for negative effects and not a lot of positives

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Here's the thing, transdermal testosterone can get you to the top of the reference range or slightly higher. But not high enough to make a big difference. Do you really want to shut down your own natural testosterone just to replace it with roughly the same amount of testosterone where you may or may not progress faster then natty and then have to pct and recover your testosterone back to the same or lower?

Seems like a lot of possibilities for negative effects and not a lot of positives
good feedback, exactly why I ask questions here first!
I could tell you a hundred ways I've worked hard to boost my t naturally for the last 20 years and physiological indicators suggest that I have done a decent job there, or I am lucky. But when it comes to pharmaceutical enhancement I am still completely green. Outside of Cycle > PCT, I truly do not know the ins and outs, the options or anything else. When I discovered td's my interest was piqued because it seemed like potentially an opportunity to dabble without having to commit and without having to hide needles from the wife lol.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
good feedback, exactly why I ask questions here first!
I could tell you a hundred ways I've worked hard to boost my t naturally for the last 20 years and physiological indicators suggest that I have done a decent job there, or I am lucky. But when it comes to pharmaceutical enhancement I am still completely green. Outside of Cycle > PCT, I truly do not know the ins and outs, the options or anything else. When I discovered td's my interest was piqued because it seemed like potentially an opportunity to dabble without having to commit and without having to hide needles from the wife lol.
It's definitely something you can dabble with, but pct gets harder and harder the older we get. You may recover fine but you also my legit need trt after your cycle. Just things to consider. If you are going to use td testosterone I'd add something more to the cycle. A td testosterone only cycle will not do much. You just gotta weigh the risk vs the reward

Jbryfit1

Jbryfit1

Awards
My estrogen was 15 when my test was 50.
Which is high for the ratio.

Jbryfit1

Jbryfit1

Awards
M
Does your BP usually spike on cycle? Sounds like a adrenaline rush type thing. Honestly, I wish I got more of a "on" feeling. I don't notice much outside a increase sense of well-being, maybe more energy
My resetting heart rate goes from 55-60 to 65-70 on test.

lionking999

lionking999

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
no response from dr today regarding insurance issues. made an appointment with the endo but the closest appointment available is may. a bit frustrated

PoSiTiVeFLoW

PoSiTiVeFLoW

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
no response from dr today regarding insurance issues. made an appointment with the endo but the closest appointment available is may. a bit frustrated
Can you get a referral to Urology instead, Endocrinologists tend (from my experience) to be more old school/conservative with the TRT administration.

Urologists can also get you TRT + Cialis if you need to improve the quality of your wood, etc... there's probably more of them then Endocrinologists who have to deal with a wider range of tough medical issues than TRT scripts for hypogonadism. Urologist is also more likely a dude, versus Endo could be a lady and less understanding on this stuff (happened to me).

Or just go to TRT clinic, worst case depending on the state of US you live in.

lionking999

lionking999

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Can you get a referral to Urology instead, Endocrinologists tend (from my experience) to be more old school/conservative with the TRT administration.

Urologists can also get you TRT + Cialis if you need to improve the quality of your wood, etc... there's probably more of them then Endocrinologists who have to deal with a wider range of tough medical issues than TRT scripts for hypogonadism. Urologist is also more likely a dude, versus Endo could be a lady and less understanding on this stuff (happened to me).

Or just go to TRT clinic, worst case depending on the state of US you live in.
I will look into a urologist. I was holding off on the clinic as a last resort even though it’s starting look like the better option

Jbryfit1

Jbryfit1

Awards
I will look into a urologist. I was holding off on the clinic as a last resort even though it’s starting look like the better option
Anything I can get at the clinic I will over the doc. So much simpler.

lionking999

lionking999

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
good news. got a text from the pharmacy last night saying my prescription was ready. I wasn’t even told by doc but he sent over test cyp. so I’ll go pick up today. looks like he wants me to do 100 every week. From what I have read it’s better to dose twice a week but I’m happy with it as a starting point and will follow directions for now.

Any suggestions on which day of the week I should pin? was thinking Sunday or Monday nights

Also any quick tips anyone has learned along the way would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks fellas

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
good news. got a text from the pharmacy last night saying my prescription was ready. I wasn’t even told by doc but he sent over test cyp. so I’ll go pick up today. looks like he wants me to do 100 every week. From what I have read it’s better to dose twice a week but I’m happy with it as a starting point and will follow directions for now.

Any suggestions on which day of the week I should pin? was thinking Sunday or Monday nights

Also any quick tips anyone has learned along the way would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks fellas
You can split your 100 mgs dose twice a week. I pin on Wednesday and Saturday.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 2
Brocodeout69 Male Anti-Aging Medicine 21
Topher_ruiz Anabolics 5
brandlife 35 and Older 21
BloodManor Male Anti-Aging Medicine 10