Starting Over

TINYTOAD

TINYTOAD

Awards
  • Established
It's a new week.

Last week, I experimented with my schedule to see how I could best manage my time. By leaving early, and working out closer to work, I can save 25 minutes off my morning commute. I'll continue to try and tweak things this coming week. If I had all the time in the world, and the gym wasn't crowded in the evening, I'd do my cardio in the morning, then do my weights in the evening. There are only so many hours in the day, and working out in the morning still makes the most sense.

This week, there was a noticable drop in strength. It could be a lot of things... stress, too many things changing, lack of sleep, too little food, or fighting off the new germs in my new environment.

Yes, you're right Oldguns... until I get more situated, it will be a few weeks of lighter workouts. I didn't realize this until late last week, but my diet is messed up, and needs to be fixed. Except for my scoop of protein powder after my workout, I've got 8 hours between breakfast and lunch, so I need another little meal in between. Also, I'm not bringing enough food for the 13 hours I'm away from home, so I need to fix that too. A few days I came up 600 calories short.

Most of yesterday was spent preparing for my winter garden. I like fresh greens, and the best greens are the ones you grow yourself. I started six varieties of spinach, four varieties of chard, four varieties of beets, and some kale. Greens in the grocery store almost always look nasty, and tend not to taste very good either.

-TT

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
Your planting a winter garden and I'm getting the cold weather gear ready for fall and winter. I have been getting my fruits and veg at a local produce terminal store. Until the stores etc are ready they sit in the coolers, the surplus they sell direct, so sat morning I drive over and see whats up for sale fresh off the trucks. Something to stuff into my lunch box to keep me away from the vending machines. Salads, etc all taste a lot better before it sits in a cooler for weeks before it hits the store.
Back to the gym tomarrow, taking it slow light and easy until my next doctor appt on the arm.

TINYTOAD

TINYTOAD

Awards
  • Established
Cold weather here is anything under 60 degrees. Brrrrrrrrrrrr!

Yesterday, I worked out with the old women. I went to the circuit training area, and I was the youngest one there by 20 years at least!
I did my chest press, dips, and military press. It was a light workout, only burning 500 or so calories.

This morning, was my pull day. I headed up to where the big dogs play... okay... well maybe they're more like chihuahuas. Anyhow, I did my mid row, shoulder shrugs, wide grip pulldown, then preacher curls. I think I burned maybe a whopping 650 calories this morning.

Tomorrow is pure cardio. Gawd to I hate cardio! Forget waterboarding, I think they should have put those blokes at Gitmo on treadmills, blasting Barney and Sesame Street tunes in their ears! That's torture!

The commute to work still sucks... no surprises here.

-TT

TINYTOAD

TINYTOAD

Awards
  • Established
As if by magic, the chest strength returned. I pushed "270" Roc-It pounds on decline chest press on Thursday.
The most notable change I made, was to spread out my meals more evenly, and get to bed earlier.

The alarm clock failed on Friday morning, so I had to skip the workout that day. Instead, I worked out this morning.

What an interesting crowd at the gym this morning! We had one guy putting 20 pounds on the dip machine and acting like it was 300! I'm not making this up.... the guy is pushind down 20 pounds and acting like it's some tremendous weight. I don't think he was injured, I just think he was weird!

Then, we had this other guy wearing a weight vest. Yes, doing curls and other upper body exercises while weiring this weighted vest. Now, I can see wearing the vest for running, or maybe even lunges, but curls? I dunno!

After I worked out today, I went to the store. It's always fun to see what the really fat people have in their cart.
Today, I was behind this incredibly fat woman. She had Cheetos, chololate covered pretzels, and chicken breasts. Her doctor must have told her she needs to eat boneless, skinless chicken breasts. He just forgot to tell her to cut out the other crap she's eating! I had no idea there was such a thing as chocolate covered pretzels until today!

I finished off the last of the food stamps today. I bought a big pack of boneless, skinless chicken breasts at Costco, then some frozen Ahi tuna and rice at Trader Joe's. This coming Friday is payday!!!! Yeah!!!!!!

-TT

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
Every gym has one of those, We have one, must be a hot woman magnet. He does curls, seated cable pulls etc... I must be missing something. If it wasn't for the mirrors to look in between sets, he would have to find a new gym.
Count down to payday...........................!

TINYTOAD

TINYTOAD

Awards
  • Established
Four more days until pay day!!! But who's counting?

I was just dragging this morning, so I cut the workout short.... Chest press & Dips only.
I also noticed that I was aching more than usual.

Tomorrow, I'm getting up at 3:45 to give myself some more time at the gym.

The fish oil was leaving this sick, fishy taste in my mouth, so I'm only taking it at night now.

It's been so long since I've had creatine, I forgot about some of the bloating issues.. Some brands affected me differently than others. I think I had the best luck with Giant's CEE, but that's gone now. I used to mix it with Lemon flavored Crystal light, to kill the taste. Bleecchhh!!!

I'd like to get some good whey protein isolate. The stuff I have now is a blend that has more carbs and lactose than I'd like.

Just for fun, I should start charting my fat loss. It will probably be about as exciting as watching paint dry.

-TT

TINYTOAD

TINYTOAD

Awards
  • Established
Just one more day.........!
The suspense is killing me!!!

I'm still trying to decide which whey protein isolate to purchase. Any suggestions?
Creatine? Any suggestions?

This first pay check is going to be mailed to me. After that, it's direct deposit.

I'm just salivating thinking about things to buy... Gas, for my car, for example!

Yesterday was my "pull" day. I spent most of my time doing narrow grip rows and pulldowns. I also did 3 sets of shoulder shrugs, and some reverse flys.

I got to bed late last night, and skipped the workout this morning. I'm going to bed in an hour, and will be hitting it hard in the morning.

I know it's going to be hard trying to sleep, thinking about my paycheck all night, worrying if it will get here tomorrow.

-TT

TINYTOAD

TINYTOAD

Awards
  • Established
Well, that was easy!

No paycheck... no NutraPlanet order.

Yeah... I rushed home today, ran to the mail box and nothing! Not a darn thing!!!

They assured me it would be in either Thursday's or Friday's mail. Nope!

So, this give me extra time to think about what kind of WPI to buy. :)
Maybe some creatine too. But mostly, I'd like to get some whey that's not full of lactose like the stuff I have now.

Even though I got up at 3:45 this morning, I was late to the gym, and only got in 30 minutes for my chest and tri's workout. My favorite chest press machine was finally fixed!!! I did one set at 250, one at 230, and the rest at 210. Then, I did 3 sets of dips and called it a day. I'll try doing shoulder press stuff with resistance bands tonight.

Oh!!! I saw some awsome Panasonic plasma TVs today. I want one!! Being that I don't own a TV, when I buy one, I might as well get a good one. I don't care about the 3D stuff... It didn't look that great at the store demo. But yeah, a nice TV and a Blu-Ray player would be fun.

-TT

TINYTOAD

TINYTOAD

Awards
  • Established
To make a long story short, the paycheck finally arrived and was quickly deposited into the bank.

I placed a $300+ order with one of my favorite supplement suppliers, and hopefully within a week, I'll have a box load of goodies on my door step. :)

I finished up my workout the other day, and my left arm felt like somebody had punched it really hard in the shoulder. Then, I realized that I had gotten a flu shot in the same location just 2 days before. Mystery solved!

I met one of my highschool buddies on Facebook and we decided to go meet up at the gym. But, unfortunately, he didn't show.

Tomorrow morning, I don't have to be at work until 8:00, so I'm going to do an extended workout at the gym.

-TT

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
To make a long story short, the paycheck finally arrived and was quickly deposited into the bank.

I placed a $300+ order with one of my favorite supplement suppliers, and hopefully within a week, I'll have a box load of goodies on my door step. :)

I finished up my workout the other day, and my left arm felt like somebody had punched it really hard in the shoulder. Then, I realized that I had gotten a flu shot in the same location just 2 days before. Mystery solved!

I met one of my highschool buddies on Facebook and we decided to go meet up at the gym. But, unfortunately, he didn't show.

Tomorrow morning, I don't have to be at work until 8:00, so I'm going to do an extended workout at the gym.

-TT
Let the games begin, It must feel great to be getting things done.

TINYTOAD

TINYTOAD

Awards
  • Established
Let the games begin, It must feel great to be getting things done.
Oh my goodness!!! Having some money in the pocket makes all the difference in the world. In a way, it's kinda sad that money is so important in our society, but, you know.... it is what it is. Being poor really sucks when everybody around you is expecting you to pitch in with your cash.

I got the big box of goodies today on my doorstep. Some better protein, some BCAAs, some new supplement from AL, but somehow, I managed to forget to order creatine. Oops! I guess I better order some from NP tonight.

My biggest problem right now, is lack of sleep. If I'm lucky, I get in 6 hours. I can tell the lack of sleep is huring me, and for some odd reason, it seems like when I get less sleep, I have more hunger. 'makes no sense.

Anyhow, on Sunday, I have my official weigh-in, then the contest begins. We're doing this "biggest loser" thing at the gym, and I'm on a team with six other people. I thought it would be a good way to motivate me.

So yeah.... job is good, pay is good, the drive sucks big donkey d1cks.

-TT

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
I know all about the drive, thats why I went on the 1 pm shift. I drive straight to work and avoid the sitting in traffic.
I explained my sleep issues in my thread, didn't want to jack yours......your in box is full, couldn't pm you yesterday. TT have a great week end...

TINYTOAD

TINYTOAD

Awards
  • Established
We did the weigh-in today. The group is larger than I thought. We were supposed to have 6 people, but the group is much larger.

We worked out as a group for about 45 minutes... pushups, crunches, planking, jumping jacks, and line drills. I am happy to report that I kicked everbody's arse in the line drills! I keep forgetting the name for them... you run to one line, run back, run to a further line, run back, etc... suicide drills?

Anyhow, the last weigh-in is on November 20th. I just need to keep a log of my food and my exercise... no problem!

I just hope I don't lose too much muscle mass by the end of the contest. Every time I cut weight, I seem to cut a lot of muscle as well.

Wish me luck!

-TT

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
Nothing like pushing yourself a little harder, you can always adjust things after the contest is over.

TINYTOAD

TINYTOAD

Awards
  • Established
Nothing like pushing yourself a little harder, you can always adjust things after the contest is over.
The trainer is recommending that we do cardio for 1.5 hours per day. I'm barely getting in 45 minutes at the gym now. Sometimes, I only get in 30 minutes, with this new schedule.

Yeah, those suicide drills were fun! 'brings back memories.... I can get up and move for a guy my size! In my boot camp class, they called me "The Freight Train," because you wouldn't want to get hit by me running full bore at 260 lbs!

For the next few weeks, I'm going into a muscle maintenance mode... full body workouts, with an emphasis on cardio. I have this bad feeling I really need to get up even earlier, to make a full 1+ hour, 1000+ calorie workout, if I am going to win.

What will I win? I think it's a few free training sessions. Who cares! It's more about getting rid of some fat. Sometimes I just need a little motivation, and this contest is going to be a good vehicle for that.

-TT

TINYTOAD

TINYTOAD

Awards
  • Established
How much do you weigh ? Did they give you a body fat % ?
I weigned in at 251. They didn't do a bodyfat measurement, but I know I'm still around 30%. My goal is to hit 20%. I don't expect to do that in 6 weeks though.

I was just so anxious to get my strength back, I ate like a pig, and got fat like a pig. There's nobody to blame, but the man in the mirror.

-TT

TINYTOAD

TINYTOAD

Awards
  • Established
Am I missing something, or did a couple of posts just drop off?

-TT

TINYTOAD

TINYTOAD

Awards
  • Established
I keep having trouble sleeping. I still haven't quite adapted to the new schedule.

Typically, I'll go to sleep around 10, then get up at 3:45, exhausted. Sometimes, I'll go to sleep at 10, wake up at 1:30, and stare at the ceiling until 3:45 or so.

On Saturday, I slept in until 5:45 and felt fantastic. I think I need to rotate my schedule a bit, and things will fall into place.

The night before last, it was one of those up at 11:30 pm, and not getting back to sleep.. period! I was about ready to give Dr. Conrad a call! LOL!

Last night, I took 3 melatonin, and it seemed to do the trick. I slept pretty well last night. I'll probably try the same thing again tonight.

The workout at the gym went well, but I've got to do better than just put in 45 minutes on the floor. I've started easing back into the free weights. I did 35 lb db shoulder presses today, in addition to the 210 lb chest press, and 270 "Rock-It" pound dips. Try not to laugh too hard at the shoulder press. I saw chicks using the same weight abouta week ago.

Time to go into maintenance mode.... minimal weights, with lots of cardio. Oh how I dread losing muscle mass!!!

I keep toying with the idea of running a light prohormone cycle, like epistane, to help maintain my muscle while cutting the fat. Until I get checked out by a doctor, harder supps are out of the question.

Thoughts? Advice? Concerns?

-TT

TINYTOAD

TINYTOAD

Awards
  • Established
You should do low rep, heavy weight during this, with 200 grams of protein and u will maintain ..your body will not want to keep muscle if you don't use it !!
If I had some DNP, I could REALLY freak them out, but I don't, so I can't, so I won't.

Oh, I miss my tren!!! Especially soaking my bed in sweat almost every night... and the cough.... Oh! that cough was just the greatest! :p
Except for the nasty sides, tren is the zhit!

-TT

TINYTOAD

TINYTOAD

Awards
  • Established
I backed off the melatonin last night, and didn't sleep worth a darn.
I could have just been the heat, but I'll try 3 melatonin tonight, and see how things go.

I've had some unusual pains lately.
A day after I got my flu shot, my left arm felt like somebody had punched it. I remembered that I had gotten the shot, and just attributed the pain to that. Well, it's been more than a week, and now both of my shourders are feeling pretty sore after I work out.

Both yesterday, and this morning, I have to stop walking on the treadmill, because my lower back is hurting. I finish up the workout on the recumbant bike. It's like I'm falling apart this week!

I still haven't been able to break about 500 calories during my workout. A few years back, I won a "calorie burning" contest at my gym, by burning 1000+ calories on the treadmill each day. I'm trying to keep my heart rate at around 130 to maximize my fat burning. I know I need to get in more cardio, but I just don't want to get up any earlier.

Tomorrow, I'll shoot for 600 calories, then on Saturday, I'll have all the time in the world to work out.

-TT

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
I backed off the melatonin last night, and didn't sleep worth a darn.
I could have just been the heat, but I'll try 3 melatonin tonight, and see how things go.

I've had some unusual pains lately.
A day after I got my flu shot, my left arm felt like somebody had punched it. I remembered that I had gotten the shot, and just attributed the pain to that. Well, it's been more than a week, and now both of my shourders are feeling pretty sore after I work out.

Both yesterday, and this morning, I have to stop walking on the treadmill, because my lower back is hurting. I finish up the workout on the recumbant bike. It's like I'm falling apart this week!

I still haven't been able to break about 500 calories during my workout. A few years back, I won a "calorie burning" contest at my gym, by burning 1000+ calories on the treadmill each day. I'm trying to keep my heart rate at around 130 to maximize my fat burning. I know I need to get in more cardio, but I just don't want to get up any earlier.

Tomorrow, I'll shoot for 600 calories, then on Saturday, I'll have all the time in the world to work out.

-TT
I know all about the back issue, I have to avoid the treadmill and use one of the elip or a bike.

TINYTOAD

TINYTOAD

Awards
  • Established
Today was the weigh-in. I lost 4 pounds for the week. Yeah!!!
Four pounds of what? That remains to be seen. Yes, the weight is moving in the right direction.

My biggest concern is the amount of time (or lack thereof) that I spend at the gym. I told myself I'd be burning 750+ calories per workout, and I'm barely able to eek out 400 or so. On a good day, I'm only getting in 45 minutes, sometimes less. I'm just really inefficient getting out the door in the morning. It takes me 25 minutes just to pack my ice-chest with 3 drinks, my protein drink, cottage cheese, and my turkey and spinach sandwich. Perhaps I can prepare the sandwich and cottage cheese ahead of time.

I get up at 3:45, I try and leave for the gym by 5:15. I conclude my workout by 6:16, then zoom out of the parking lot to hit the road by 6:30. I'm to work by 7:15 or 7:30, depending on traffic. If I hit the road 15 minutes later, it takes me a full hour to get to work.

I'm definitely not liking the commute. When I lived in Los Angeles, I put up with 30+ minute commutes just to go 10 miles. Now, my commute is 30 miles, and it takes anywhere from 30 minutes to 90 minutes depending on the phase of the moon and the position of the stars.

Anyhow, the plan for this week is to cut another 200 calories or so out of the diet, and try and "up" the calories burned at each workout.

-TT

TINYTOAD

TINYTOAD

Awards
  • Established
The 9 mg dose of melatonin has stopped working. I've only gotten maybe 2 or 3 hours sleep per night the past couple of days.

Dr. Conrad, are you there!!! :joke:

I've switched my training over to a (cough, cough) full body workout, with 30 minutes of cardio. If all goes well, I'll reach my goal by March.

Anyhow, my trainer had me use his handy dandy Apex Fitness website to work up my diet and all. I must have keyed in something wrong, or Apex is totally nuts, because it's telling me I need to burn 4250 calories per day, and eat 3300 calories. If I eat 3300 calories per day, I'll be looking like the Goodyear blimp in no time.

I think my own plan is better.... I'm burning an extra 500 calories at the gym each day, plus I've cut back my calorie intake to around 2000.
Anyhow, if I'm losing 1 or 2 pounds per week, I'm happy. :wizard:

-TT

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
The 9 mg dose of melatonin has stopped working. I've only gotten maybe 2 or 3 hours sleep per night the past couple of days.

Dr. Conrad, are you there!!! :joke:

I've switched my training over to a (cough, cough) full body workout, with 30 minutes of cardio. If all goes well, I'll reach my goal by March.

Anyhow, my trainer had me use his handy dandy Apex Fitness website to work up my diet and all. I must have keyed in something wrong, or Apex is totally nuts, because it's telling me I need to burn 4250 calories per day, and eat 3300 calories. If I eat 3300 calories per day, I'll be looking like the Goodyear blimp in no time.

I think my own plan is better.... I'm burning an extra 500 calories at the gym each day, plus I've cut back my calorie intake to around 2000.
Anyhow, if I'm losing 1 or 2 pounds per week, I'm happy. :wizard:

-TT
When I'm cutting weight 1-2lbs. a week is good. If not I seem to get the yo-yo effect. In the winter it's 3200 cal with no problem, however I'm wearing about 70lbs. of cold weather gear and climbing in and out of equipment for 10+ hours a day.

TINYTOAD

TINYTOAD

Awards
  • Established
When I'm cutting weight 1-2lbs. a week is good. If not I seem to get the yo-yo effect. In the winter it's 3200 cal with no problem, however I'm wearing about 70lbs. of cold weather gear and climbing in and out of equipment for 10+ hours a day.
My weight swings up and down each day, more than I would like. Losing 1 or 2 pounds per week gets lost in the noise of my daily weight fluctuations. I weighed myself today, and I was up 3 pounds since Sunday. Sometimes, I think I should just weigh myself once a month, and not stress over the day to day changes.

Anyhow, all I can do is stick to the plan... eat right, exercise, and let the laws of the universe prevail.

This week, I've been in training, off site. It's nice, because my daily 30+ mile drive is now a 5 mile drive. I can get up an hour later, and STILL put in more time at the gym. Rather than burn just 400 calories, I can do 700 now, no problem. Something tells me I really need to look for work closer to home.

-TT

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
My weight swings up and down each day, more than I would like. Losing 1 or 2 pounds per week gets lost in the noise of my daily weight fluctuations. I weighed myself today, and I was up 3 pounds since Sunday. Sometimes, I think I should just weigh myself once a month, and not stress over the day to day changes.

Anyhow, all I can do is stick to the plan... eat right, exercise, and let the laws of the universe prevail.

This week, I've been in training, off site. It's nice, because my daily 30+ mile drive is now a 5 mile drive. I can get up an hour later, and STILL put in more time at the gym. Rather than burn just 400 calories, I can do 700 now, no problem. Something tells me I really need to look for work closer to home.

-TT
It's like the weight on different machines, I just log it and move on. Later on, I review whats going on, diet, how I was working out, and the results.

TINYTOAD

TINYTOAD

Awards
  • Established
It's like the weight on different machines, I just log it and move on. Later on, I review whats going on, diet, how I was working out, and the results.
Scales, even those allegedly accurate digital models, vary as well. With 1% accuracy, two scales can vary by 5 pounds, at my weight. This week, my weight was unchanged. We've got one guy in the class that lost 7 pounds the first week, and 4 this week. He's about my height and weight, but he looks a lot fatter. I'm sure he'll win the competition.

Our trainer is running an Iron Man thing in Texas this week, so we met this morning instead. We had a bunch of trainers working us out. I really liked one of the guys. He was really good at keeping the energy up. I think he's the top trainer at that gym.

During the last leg of the workout, they had me flipping a 250 pound tire over and over from one side of the room to the other. It wasn't much of a challenge, so next time they said they'll have a 350 pound tire for me.

Aferwards, the trainer had me do step-ups on the tire. Sadly, I was stepping down off the tire, and twisted my foot. It hurt pretty bad when it happened, but now it just aches. I'm not sure if it's a sprain, or if I stressed some tendons or ligaments. I just know my foot is tender, and it hurts to squat down. I took 600 mg of Motrin, and will be putting ice on it all weekend.

-TT

tuberman

Awards
  • Established
Weight can vary due to diet changes easily. If you usually don't eat much beef and than eat a lot for a couple days watch the scale go up even if you are using the same one. It's the large amount of creatine in beef, and it will hold a decent amount of extra water. Most people don't vary their diet or salt intake much though.

If you are looking for a non-stimulant energy increase for cardio and weights, the two best are cordyceps mushrooms and PLCAR (better yet is GPLC, but cost 50% more). High quality cordyceps is what the sherpas use to climb the Himalayas without oxygen, and PLCAR is super too. They are subtle, and you won't notice any stim feeling before workout, but these with coffee will show up big time when you are working out.

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
TT-hows the foot doing, first chance I've had to check back...it's one of those weeks.

TINYTOAD

TINYTOAD

Awards
  • Established
TT-hows the foot doing, first chance I've had to check back...it's one of those weeks.
The foot looks much better, the bruise is starting to fade. It's still a little stiff though. I've been limping around the past few days, debating whether to go see a doctor.

I really need to be soaking it, but I just haven't done so.

-TT

TINYTOAD

TINYTOAD

Awards
  • Established
The foot is still stiff. No, I haven't been soaking it.. I know.... bad toad!

The chest press has gone quite well this week. For some odd reason, my strength is up. The 270 Rock-It pounds on the Hoist machines (both regular and decline chest press) were not a problem this week.

My row strength has improved as well. This begs the question.... "what has changed?" Better protein? Added BCAAs? Group exercise class on the weekend? I really don't know, but I'm not complaining.

I have CEE, but I'm afraid if I take it, my weight will shoot up five pounds in nothing flat.

But once again, I'm not showing any weight loss this week. :(

-TT

TINYTOAD

TINYTOAD

Awards
  • Established
Before I forget.... we have this fat guy at work. Every morning, I see him in the lunch room eating a breakfast from Mc Donalds or Carl's Jr.
For lunch, I see him in the lunch room again with fast food.

Note to self... don't eat fast food, or you'll look a pig.

-TT

TINYTOAD

TINYTOAD

Awards
  • Established
I had my weigh-in today. I'm down 7 pounds in 3 weeks.
The other two guys are down 15 and 17 pounds respectively in 3 weeks.

My goal was to lose about 2 pounds per week, so I'm on track. I'm just not going to "win."

-TT

TINYTOAD

TINYTOAD

Awards
  • Established
Weigh-in today. I'm down another pound. That's 8 pounds in 4 weeks. I'm still on track.

I've been soaking my injured foot all week, and it seems to be getting better.
I put it in an ice chest filled with 110 degree salt water for 20 minutes in the morning, then 20 minutes in the evening.

Things are coming along. They're just not coming along quickly.

-TT

tuberman

Awards
  • Established
Tiny,

Have you tried phenibut to help you sleep. You can only take it 3 days in a row max, but just 250 mg helps me sleep about 50% better for that night with no grogginess the next day. If I take two caps or 500 mg it seems a bit strong and I do get a little holdover in morning, but not too bad. But it's only good for 3-4 days of the week as a tolerance builds quick.Bulk 1-Carboxy from USP POWDERS is worth a try too, and it is supposed to stimulate natural HGH during sleep.

BTW. I've been experimenting with my dieting to see what works best for me. I'm now doing 10 day cycles. I now eat about 3200 Kcals for 2 days, then 2000 KCals for 4 days, then 1100 Kcals for the last 4 days. During the last 4 days I eat low volume, low sodium, and low creatine foods (no beef or chicken) to dump off all intestinal bulk and water weight. This works for me and I only weigh-in the last 3 days of this cycle. I've been losing about 6.5 pounds the last two of these 10 day cycles with no noticeable thyroid shutdown yet. The bulk in your gut, eating beef or chicken, and eating high sodium foods all strongly effect scale weight.

TINYTOAD

TINYTOAD

Awards
  • Established
Have you tried phenibut to help you sleep? <snip> Bulk 1-Carboxy from USP POWDERS is worth a try too, and it is supposed to stimulate natural HGH during sleep.

BTW. I've been experimenting with my dieting to see what works best for me. I'm now doing 10 day cycles. I now eat about 3200 Kcals for 2 days, then 2000 KCals for 4 days, then 1100 Kcals for the last 4 days. During the last 4 days I eat low volume, low sodium, and low creatine foods (no beef or chicken) to dump off all intestinal bulk and water weight. This works for me and I only weigh-in the last 3 days of this cycle. I've been losing about 6.5 pounds the last two of these 10 day cycles with no noticeable thyroid shutdown yet. The bulk in your gut, eating beef or chicken, and eating high sodium foods all strongly effect scale weight.
No, I've never tried phenibut. It sounds familiar. I'll look it up. Thanks!

No beef or chicken? What do you eat then? Turkey is my primary source of protein. What's great, is that I've literally eaten it every day for the past few years, and I still like it! In fact, I'm having it tonight for dinner. I hope it's a good source. :food:

Sodium seems to creep in everywhere. I entered my diet into CalorieKing, and my sodium was too high. I've tried to cut back, but sodium is everywhere.

Thanks again for your input.

-TT

tuberman

Awards
  • Established
No, I've never tried phenibut. It sounds familiar. I'll look it up. Thanks!

No beef or chicken? What do you eat then? Turkey is my primary source of protein. What's great, is that I've literally eaten it every day for the past few years, and I still like it! In fact, I'm having it tonight for dinner. I hope it's a good source. :food:

Sodium seems to creep in everywhere. I entered my diet into CalorieKing, and my sodium was too high. I've tried to cut back, but sodium is everywhere.

Thanks again for your input.

-TT
Tiny,
I eat beef and chicken, just not on the last 4-5 days of these diet cycles, then I eat turkey (but not the packaged sliced as it has added sodium. I eat the 93% lean ground turkey or some kind that needs cooking,) tuna, eggs, and powdered protein. The first 5-6 days I eat beef, chicken, lots of salads, cheese, and cottage cheese as well as the stuff I eat on the later days of cycle. Cottage cheese is a good diet food overall but it has tons of sodium in it, also prepackaged sliced turkey is just loaded with sodium. The better tuna has 32 grams of protein per can and the low sodium tuna has only 35 mg of sodium per serving or 70 mg per can. Eggs are low in sodium unless you salt them. The whey protein I use has only 45 mg of sodium per 25 grams of protein. Yet creatine is worse for holding water weight then even sodium, but it does do it in a healthier way as it holds the water inside cells and not in between cells like sodium does.

Both make you look bad at weigh-in time though. I figure if I'm going to go by scale weight I can play it like a game for the last few days of of cycle to not get disappointed. You will notice I also avoid salads the last 4 days as they leave a lot of bulk in your gut.

About the sleep issues -- I do sometimes use melatonin too, and once a week I have about three glasses of wine, but I need soething or my sleep is poor.

TINYTOAD

TINYTOAD

Awards
  • Established
Tiny,
About the sleep issues -- I do sometimes use melatonin too, and once a week I have about three glasses of wine, but I need soething or my sleep is poor.
Alcohol, even in small quantities, really does a number on my heart. I have this crazy inherited atrial fibrillation thing, and alcohol triggers it like mad! My mom developed symptoms about 10 years ago and had a stroke because of it. Then 4 years ago, I was hospitalized for A-Fib myself, and racked up a $50k bill at the hospital. Two years later, my "little sister" was diagnosed with A-Fib as well. It's some crazy over-reaction to alcohol. It doesn't take much!

If I drink even 2 beers now, I can expect an unstable heartbeat within a day or two! So much for my Irish ancestory! LOL!!!

-TT

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
Alcohol, even in small quantities, really does a number on my heart. I have this crazy inherited atrial fibrillation thing, and alcohol triggers it like mad! My mom developed symptoms about 10 years ago and had a stroke because of it. Then 4 years ago, I was hospitalized for A-Fib myself, and racked up a $50k bill at the hospital. Two years later, my "little sister" was diagnosed with A-Fib as well. It's some crazy over-reaction to alcohol. It doesn't take much!

If I drink even 2 beers now, I can expect an unstable heartbeat within a day or two! So much for my Irish ancestory! LOL!!!

-TT
I have high RBC, I'm at top of the scale most of the time. I stay between 47.5>52.5, it's drives my TRT doctor nuts. My mother has a rare blood cancer, she should have died 3 yrs ago, her body is still putting out a large amount of red blood cells. She is slowly losing the fight but she won't slow down, out in her garden everyday. Her cancer doctor told my sister, if mom needs blood it will have to be a red cell donor. She told him don't worry, I have a donor standing by, O pos and able to give max donation...my brother. 24/7 within an hour, he will be here. I have to get tested 3 times a year, I'm the only one that got this from mom, and now it may benefit her.

tuberman

Awards
  • Established

-TT
It likely is from your Irish ancestors. I'm Irish on my mother's side too, and I have AFib. Here's a good article that Dutchman posted recently.

First a quote from part of article:

The researchers studied case histories of people with very frequent irregular heartbeats and found that 10 to 20 g of taurine per day reduced premature atrial contractions by 50% and prevented all premature ventricular contractions, but did not prevent pauses in heartbeats. They found that adding 4 to 6 grams of arginine immediately terminated essentially all remaining pauses and premature atrial contractions.

Here's a url to the full article:

Common Irregular Heartbeats are Completely Normalized by Taurine and Arginine
http://www.naturalnews.com/026380_ta...#ixzz1cNQXHu3j

One major problem with this is that Taurine has to be slowly built up in tolerance to reach 10+ grams per day. When you first start taking it more than 4 grams at a time will give you the runs. You can start by taking 3 grams twice a day at 12 hours apart. That takes discipline to remember the twice a day routine. Taurine is pretty cheap and has many health bennies. It can be found for as little as $14 for 1000 grams. AAKG is more expensive, but you don't need as much. I've never taken both at once until now, but I've taken high dose taurine before and could feel improvement in AFib, For whatever reason I backed off to 4 grams per day and that is not enough for this particular problem, so I'm back up to using 4 gram twice a day, and intend to try 12 grams a day. Blood pressure gets incredibly healthy from this too, and when I was taking 8 grams a day my BP would run about 98/66. It was 110/72 at 4 grams per day, decent but not great. I was about 55 pounds overweight both times when these BP's were measured.

TINYTOAD

TINYTOAD

Awards
  • Established
Tuberman, that's really great information you posted. Thanks!!

I used to down large quantities of arginine a few years back, in hopes it would stimulate GH production. Yeah, that is a lot of Taurine!

The weigh-in on Sunday didn't go so well. I was up 1/4 pound. This has happened before where I seem to stall out, about a month into my weight loss. I just need to change things up. As much as I don't want to do this, I'm thinking I need to get up even earlier.

Today's my birthday. It will be the first normal birthday in 5 years.

Oh! And yes, my ankle is getting better. It's still a little sore, but I think I have full use of it again.

For an experiment this month, I've switched over to USP Labs Cissus.

I also splurged and got a tub of Beverly International's Muscle Provider. I plan on using that in a couple of months.

-TT

Dutchman

Dutchman

Awards
  • Established
TT, hope the Taurine and Arginine helps. My late wife and my best bud also used megadoses of Omega 3s to sucessfully eliminate their AFib. A good review of this application which I had read earlier in another language is covered by this 2008 article from Life Extension Foundation. I am personally so pleased with my 3 gms ED of Omega 3s that a few months ago I stepped it up to 6 gms (4 gms of EPA and 2 gms of DHA) for some additional benefits I am seeking in muscle growth and longevity. Here are two articles related to both uses, the first may be worth your while. Good Luck.

AvertingArrhythmias with Omega-3 Fatty Acids
http://www.lef.org/magazine/mag2008/jul2008_Averting-Arrhythmias-with-Omega-3-Fatty-Acids_01.htm

How fish oil can help bodybuilders gain muscle mass
http://www.ergo-log.com/fishoilmuscle.html

TINYTOAD

TINYTOAD

Awards
  • Established
Currently, I'm taking 1 g per day of fish oil. I can double that, see how it goes, then triple it.

I'll order up some Taurine and Arginine next time and see if that helps my heart beat like it's supposed to. There are some days it just "stumbles." Many thanks!

Today I really pushed myself. I ran sprints, and got my HR up to 220. Previously, I had only gotten it up into the 160's.

I burned 1060 "Polar" calories today during my workout. That's what my watch read, at least.

No recorded weight loss this week. My friends took me out to eat several times this week, and I didn't watch my portions like I should have.

-TT

Dutchman

Dutchman

Awards
  • Established
Three and now seven caps of Sam's Club's Triple Strength, ie 900 mgs Omega 3s per cap @ $19 or so per bottle of 150 works out well for me

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
TT- I had to check in and see how your doing, hope you had a good Thanksgiving. I'm with the dutchman, thats were I buy mine. Tomarrow is the big 58 so I'm off to try my lift, hurt arm and all.

TINYTOAD

TINYTOAD

Awards
  • Established
TT- I had to check in and see how your doing, hope you had a good Thanksgiving. I'm with the dutchman, thats were I buy mine. Tomarrow is the big 58 so I'm off to try my lift, hurt arm and all.
They shut down all the Sams Clubs in our area. The closest one is like 30 miles away. I used to get a lot of my garden variety supplements there as well.

With my birthday one week, and Thanksgiving the next, I didn't lose any more weight.

For some odd reason, my lower back has been bothering me for the past several weeks. It seems to just keep getting worse. I wonder if it's related to the extra cardio.

I'll be seeing a doctor in a couple of weeks. Perhaps he has some theories.

-TT

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
They shut down all the Sams Clubs in our area. The closest one is like 30 miles away. I used to get a lot of my garden variety supplements there as well.

With my birthday one week, and Thanksgiving the next, I didn't lose any more weight.

For some odd reason, my lower back has been bothering me for the past several weeks. It seems to just keep getting worse. I wonder if it's related to the extra cardio.

I'll be seeing a doctor in a couple of weeks. Perhaps he has some theories.

-TT
I took the outside job this winter, walking about 5 miles a day. Leg strength is getting better but the lower back is taking a beating on the concrete. Hopefully it will settle down soon. I may have to take something for it and do some PT. January, I have a check up due so I will have to ask doc about it if it's not better by then. Trying to get everything back in the balence is a pain in the butt.

Dutchman

Dutchman

Awards
  • Established
I took the outside job this winter, walking about 5 miles a day. Leg strength is getting better but the lower back is taking a beating on the concrete. Hopefully it will settle down soon. I may have to take something for it and do some PT. January, I have a check up due so I will have to ask doc about it if it's not better by then. Trying to get everything back in the balence is a pain in the butt.
Seriously OG, I would try a couple bottles of Super Cissus RX at 3 caps 15 mins before breakfast and 3 more 15 mins before dinner. I swear that stuff is beyond good. It has helped me, my wives, my family, my friends and a bunch of people from the gym. It always has a positive and often a completely positive result. For $60 I would jump on it yesterday.

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
Seriously OG, I would try a couple bottles of Super Cissus RX at 3 caps 15 mins before breakfast and 3 more 15 mins before dinner. I swear that stuff is beyond good. It has helped me, my wives, my family, my friends and a bunch of people from the gym. It always has a positive and often a completely positive result. For $60 I would jump on it yesterday.
Ok No problem, I'll pick some up tomarrow..! I have to stop in the morning on the way to the gym to get some red yeast rice.