Starting Over

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
I prefer the hammerstrength machines or any that you load the weight. During rehab peroid, I spent a ton of time on the lifefitness machines. The lifefitness standing calf raise really helped my left leg after the accident.

TINYTOAD

TINYTOAD

Awards
  • Established
I prefer the hammerstrength machines or any that you load the weight. During rehab peroid, I spent a ton of time on the lifefitness machines. The lifefitness standing calf raise really helped my left leg after the accident.
I was going to mention the Hammer Strength machines. I liked those as well. My gym doesn't have any. I think Hammer and LifFitness are the same company now. At least they share the same website.

I think the Hammer Strength plate-loaded machines were my favorite, but now I'm leaning toward those Hoist Roc-It plate-loaded machines as my new favorite. The only downside (for me) is that with the Roc-It machines, you never know how much you're lifting, because what you lift is a function of some unknown percentage of the plates you have loaded, plus some unknown percentage of what you weigh.

That's sort of why I go after the "selectorized" machines, because they have a fixed, maximum weight, and I want to conquor them. It's fun for me... I guess.

-TT

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
My old DL machine is gone, they replaced it with a new nautilus machine-calf raise, shoulder shrug style. Gym owner sent me a text about it, have not checked out it yet, but I don't like new, give me the old one any day. Somethings are best left alone!

TINYTOAD

TINYTOAD

Awards
  • Established
My old DL machine is gone, they replaced it with a new nautilus machine-calf raise, shoulder shrug style. Gym owner sent me a text about it, have not checked out it yet, but I don't like new, give me the old one any day. Somethings are best left alone!
Oh no!
I hope the Nautilus calf machine isn't that seated selectorized one. Yuck!
That's a shame the dead lift machine is gone. It's probably one of the best, most useful exercises.
I stopped doing dead lift when I stopped having a personal trainer. My form is just really bad otherwise.

When I started weight training, back in the 80's, I used to really like Nautilus equipment. Their super pullover machine was one of my favorites. That gym was maybe half a mile from my house, then some dummy working on the pluming on an adjacent business lit the place on fire, and the gym burn to the ground as well.

Lately, I haven't seen much Nautilus equipment, except for some elepticals, and that dreadful selectorized calf raise machine. I much prefer the plate loaded calf raise machines where you're seated, and the pads are resting on your knee. We've got one at my gym right now, but half the time it's jammed and you can't adjust it right.

Back when I had a Bally's membership, I'd bounce around to several different gyms. Each gym would have slightly different equipment, and you could do say 100 lbs on one machine at one club, use a similar but different machine at another club and only hit 80, then go to a third club and hit 120. But I digress.

Anyhow, I missed my workout this morning, which is a shame, because very few people go the the gym on Friday mornings. During the rest of the week, if you're not there by 10:00 a.m. you might as well forget about going, because you won't find a place to park!

-TT

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
The nautilus is a standing plate loaded machine from the pic I recieved by text. I did not know that they made plate loaded machines. I guess I have to meet this all new high tech machine to really see if will work for me. The gym has a large roofed and enclosed space same size as the gym. Now it's being converted to a mma workout area, I can now beat up on very large tires with a really big hammer, make noises and go into the main gym and look in the mirrors with rest of the mirror geeks...LOL ! Monday will be interesting to say the least.

TINYTOAD

TINYTOAD

Awards
  • Established
Today I worked on my diet, and found out that I had goofed on my math, and my previous diet was 30% fat. Oops.
I found the mistake only after I made up a spreadsheet to calculate calorie percentages.

I'm shooting for 35% protein, 45% carbs, and 20% fat, and 2200 calories. Previously, I set my diet for 2500 calories, and seemed to be getting fatter. I'm sure I was eating more than 2500 calories though. I get lazy, and start "guesstimating" and I usually give myself too much food.

I broke open my piggy bank, and purchased a Tanita bodyfat scale. It should be here Tuesday. I hope the darn thing works.

In playing around with my CalorieKing software, I found that my calcium is about half what I thought. Even with the low fat yogurt and cottage cheese, I'm only getting around 600 mg per day.

My sodium is higher than expected too. Today I'll be coming in at around 2500 mg. I really should have purchased the low sodium V8 juice instead, but it just tastes so bad. I take the V8 as a base, put it in the blender with carrots, tomatoes, and cabbage to make it a little better.

I chickened out with the hot peppers. I've got Habaneros growing in the back yard. I was going to throw one into the drink, but a few years back, I dumped a good measure of Dave's Insanity Sauce into some V8 juice. About 20 minutes later I was writhing in agony wondering if I needed call an ambulance! It's funny now, but back then I really thought I was going to have to be taken to the hospital.

-TT

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
I'm working with my diet issues, my wife controlls my diet, she and her boss ( dietary planner for a rehab center ) came up with a revised diet thats not working. The basic diet was a lot better, it was based on protein level of 1.5 x body weight. I found out she decided to put me on a low sodium diet as well, ok, dear please go back to the old diet and lower the sodium levels. To make sure I eat correctly, there is a food scale on the counter to make sure I get the proper serving size. She is really getting into this 100%, I just asked her not to fix things without telling me first. She even texts me to make sure I got to the gym before work each day and checks on my workout. It's nice that she cares but I'm not use to all the extra help.

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
TT hows the workouts going, hope your moving forward on your goals.

TINYTOAD

TINYTOAD

Awards
  • Established
TT hows the workouts going, hope your moving forward on your goals.
I did my "pull" day yesterday. I added the shoulder shrugs to my regime as I had completely forgotten about them.

Today was an abbreviated "Push" day. I started on the chest press machine at 250, did 6 reps, then did the rest of the sets at 230.
I ran for 30 minutes, then ran down to the career center to print out resumes. I have a job interview on Thursday.

I got some calcium citrate pills to supplement my calcium intake. I just had no idea my calcium intake was so low, until I ran my diet through CalorieKing.

It's great you have a wife that supports your diet and understands how important your diet is. I couldn't get support from either my ex-wife or mother. Their answer to everything is... "well, don't eat as much!" I feel bad right now because my mom baked me a big apple pie, and I'm not eating it. Each slice is 400+ calories and loaded with fat! I selected 1/8 pie into my software and the fat meter pegged! Just like those allegedly healthy Sun Chips... the sodium meter pegs!

-TT

p.s. My Tanita BC 549 plus is on it's way, and should arrive today!

TINYTOAD

TINYTOAD

Awards
  • Established
Sometimes the truth hurts. It sucks, and you just have to deal with it.

I started out a few months ago at 218 pounds. I started working out like a maniac, eating like a horse, and I hate to say this, but...

I'm 250 pounds, 28% BF.

A few years back, I was 260 pounds, 20% BF. I know... I've lost over 30 pounds of muscle, and I can feel it.

Thanks Tanita, for the reality check. Many months of hard work ahead, I can see.

-TT

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
I started my trip back from 252 lbs, blood pressure was near the stroke zone. I could fix it myself or end up at nearly 400lbs and be taking two shots of slin as my brother does everyday. Just think your 5in taller than me, I was starting some serious health issues. Just like you, I made my mind up and keep trying until I found out what works best for me. Multiple heavy lifts seem to get my best results, 6x6"s followed by 5x5's light weight. Todays lift broke my goal, however setting the bar back down in the cradle I hurt my right arm. I will be back in the gym on Thursday, working legs or doing something to keep moving forward. At least the nautilus machine worked for me, the arm is a wait and see kinda thing. The diet however is something I have to work on every Wed., reguardless !

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
After nearly four years of not being able to adequately work out, I feel like I'm starting over. I'm 46 now.
Almost 4 years ago, I was around 250 lbs, 22% bf. Now, I feel like a shell of my former self.
I just got a gym membership, and (of course) want to get back up to speed as fast as possible.
Prohormes, no prohormones. What do you think. If prohormones, which ones? I used to be a big M1T and Superdrol fan, but those are gone.
I'm literally picking up the scraps of my former life. I'm looking to bouce back and move forward.
Any comments or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
My plan right now, is to tighten up my diet, and work out 6 days per week.
Back/Bi's Chest/Tri's Legs then repeat.
-TT
Get your self checked out first. Make sure your test levels are still normal and healthy. After that, do just what you said. Get into a routine and clean up the diet. After 9-12 months and while doing research all the while, you might consider some extra help in the form of androgens.

Also, I'd do : Back & Tri's/Legs/Chest & Bi's then repeat. You'll have better results with this and be able to KTS on leg days. Otherwise either your leg routine or your tri routine will suffer

TINYTOAD

TINYTOAD

Awards
  • Established
Today was an abbreviated leg day. I didn't want to come in to my job interview, looking like I was in pain every time I got up, so I skipped the squats / leg press.

I'm thinking I need to drop legs to one day a week, and run on the day I'd normally do my legs for a 2nd time. I need to do some more research.

Tonight I'm marinating a batch chicken tenders in a chili lime mixture. I'll grill it tomorrow, and use it for lunch the coming week.

Here's the recipe, if anyone wants it:

1/4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
1/3 cup water
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 cloves garlic
1/2 a fresh habanero pepper or "to taste"
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper

I put all this in my Vitamix, and liquify it.

You can also put in a couple teaspoons of soy sauce, but I leave it out because I'm trying cut down on my sodium.

The habanero pepper is really "to taste." I grow my own, and they're probably twice as hot as the ones found in the grocery store.

I'll grill the chicken, then either eat it as fajitas with Pace chunky salsa, or serve it over brown rice with steamed broccoli.

-TT

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
I tried to pm you but your box is full, so I just put it in my thread. That sounds good right off the grill, I'll have to write it down for later use.

TINYTOAD

TINYTOAD

Awards
  • Established
Today was my "pull" day.

I started with a 10 minute warmup on the treadmill, then did the following:

4 X 8 X 165 Wide Grip Lat Pulldown
4 X 8 X 165 Close Grip Seated Cable Row
3 X 10 X 65 DB Shrug
4 X 8 X 165 Reverse Fly
4 X 8 X 70* Iso Preacher Curl Machine (done on the Hoist machine, so I'm having to guess the barbell equiv weight)

20 minutes of cardio interval training on recumbent bike.

Total Calories Burned : 1115 (allegedly, according to my Polar fitness computer).

Tomorrow's the interview, so I probably won't be at the gym.

-TT

TINYTOAD

TINYTOAD

Awards
  • Established
Good luck on the interview.
Thanks!

The interview went well. Of course the real indicator of success will be the job offer. I hope to hear something next week.

Without giving too much away, the company is looking for somebody to design computer terminals for the gaming industry.

No workout today. I just couldn't sleep last night. It was 88 degrees in the room, and just tossed and turned all night.

I'm hoping to drive out to the coast this afternoon / evening to cool off.

-TT

TINYTOAD

TINYTOAD

Awards
  • Established
Wow good to see some oldtimers on here... Rooting for ya Toad!
Thanks for the encouragement, RedWolf! I need all I can get.

Monday was my "push" day. Goodness! I'm not sure what happened, but I felt like I couldn't do much of anything.

4X8X230 Chest press
4X8X200 Dips
4X8X65 Lateral Raise (Choke!)

I needed to do incline chest press, but every man, dog and sheep wanted the incline chest press machine that day.

Today wasn't much better. It was my "pull" day. I did all Hoist plate-loaded machines, so I have absolutely no idea of my weights here.

4X8X270? Mid Row
4X8X270? Lat Pulldown, Wide Grip
4X8X180? Iso Preacher Curl.

Again, I'd be surprised if what I actually lifted were half what I loaded onto the plates. Probably less. You just never know with those Hoist machines!

It was a good workout. The muscles have that good kind of ache.

-TT

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
TT I prefer to lift how I feel vs the weight. I wouldn't stress over the hoist machines, just load the weight that gives you the workout your after and just go for it. It's all about the results anyway. Positive, focused, just keep moving forward.

TINYTOAD

TINYTOAD

Awards
  • Established
TT I prefer to lift how I feel vs the weight. I wouldn't stress over the hoist machines, just load the weight that gives you the workout your after and just go for it. It's all about the results anyway. Positive, focused, just keep moving forward.
Thanks, OldGuns.

I'm a "numbers" person, so it's hard for me to break out of that.
I just want to measure everything, and I would, if I had the equipment. I guess that's what happens when you work in a technical field for more than half your life.

That's been one of my pet peeves since I've been working out... You use one manufacturer's machine at one setting, go to another manufacturer's machines, and the settings change. It doesn't mater as much if you go to the same gym every day and use the same equipment, but if you travel around, it gets annoying. When at a bigger gym, using machines from multiple manufacturers, it gets just as annoying to me.

Sometimes I wonder if Hoist has figured out what many women's clothing manufacturers figured out long ago.... Make the person look better than they actually are, and they'll buy your stuff! Ask your wife... If two dresses are identical, and one is a size 4 and the other is a size 8, which will she buy? The size 4, because women like that small number. God forbid if they have to buy a size 10 or larger! When it comes to women's clothing, that numbers is pretty arbitrary.

Man! But when I load 180 pounds onto that curl bar. Look at me! And then I go and try the free weights, and the illusion is shattered!

I've been trying to change things up to prevent stagnation. But when you change machines, it's probably best to ignore the numbers, and lift what feels right, do your best, and move forward.

Good advice.

-TT

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
E
Thanks, OldGuns.I'm a "numbers" person, so it's hard for me to break out of that.I just want to measure everything, and I would, if I had the equipment. I guess that's what happens when you work in a technical field for more than half your life.That's been one of my pet peeves since I've been working out... You use one manufacturer's machine at one setting, go to another manufacturer's machines, and the settings change. It doesn't mater as much if you go to the same gym every day and use the same equipment, but if you travel around, it gets annoying. When at a bigger gym, using machines from multiple manufacturers, it gets just as annoying to me.Sometimes I wonder if Hoist has figured out what many women's clothing manufacturers figured out long ago.... Make the person look better than they actually are, and they'll buy your stuff! Ask your wife... If two dresses are identical, and one is a size 4 and the other is a size 8, which will she buy? The size 4, because women like that small number. God forbid if they have to buy a size 10 or larger! When it comes to women's clothing, that numbers is pretty arbitrary.Man! But when I load 180 pounds onto that curl bar. Look at me! And then I go and try the free weights, and the illusion is shattered!I've been trying to change things up to prevent stagnation. But when you change machines, it's probably best to ignore the numbers, and lift what feels right, do your best, and move forward.Good advice.-TT
good insight.

TINYTOAD

TINYTOAD

Awards
  • Established
That is good news, I bet you had a great day.
Yeah... it's just crazy what they're paying me too. No more food stamps... that's for damn sure!

I did the push thing today...

4X8X 175, 200, 225, 250 : Dips
4X8X 125, 125, 105, 75 : Lateral Raise (Choke!)
4X8X 180, 225, 225, 270 : Decline Chest
30 minutes cardio at 130 bpm.

That hand wash at the gym faked me out this morning... Some gal walks by... smelling like vodka.
I'm thinking... jeez.... this is just too darn early to drink. What the heck! What's up with this!

A little later, the same smell again... It's from the hand sanitizer!!! I guess they're alcohol based. LOL!

If all goes well, the new gig starts on the 12th. Yeah!!! I'll be able to buy supplements again.... and date!

Finally, I'm getting some traction!!!!

-TT

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
TT- don't backoff, keep those workouts going strong.

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
Just popped back onto the forums from my hiatus, good to see a familiar face! sub'd!

TINYTOAD

TINYTOAD

Awards
  • Established
Just popped back onto the forums from my hiatus, good to see a familiar face! sub'd!
Hey Zircote!!! Great to see you too!!!

It's a life restart for ol' Tinytoad.

The past few years have been an absolute nightmare, but the tide is turning.

I just landed a good job, and now it's time to refill the bank account, drop the fat, pack on the muscle, and go find a supermodel to marry. ;)

Oh! And get a dog too.... 'can't forget the dog.

-TT

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
Hey Zircote!!! Great to see you too!!!

It's a life restart for ol' Tinytoad.

The past few years have been an absolute nightmare, but the tide is turning.

I just landed a good job, and now it's time to refill the bank account, drop the fat, pack on the muscle, and go find a supermodel to marry. ;)

Oh! And get a dog too.... 'can't forget the dog.

-TT
You and me both. Just don't tell my girlfriend about the supermodel wife I'm going to have haha ;)

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
Just a few more days and your off and running. The 12th is getting closer and closer....

TINYTOAD

TINYTOAD

Awards
  • Established
Just a few more days and your off and running. The 12th is getting closer and closer....
I've been pretty busy the past couple of days. Mostly meeting with friends and business associates.

I just got back from meeting with my new boss, and I'll update my log later this evening.

It's been hot and humid here the past couple of days. My room has been hovering between 88 and 90 with about 60% RH, so I stayed over at my buddy's house to escape the heat. The darn gym has been humid as heck the past couple of days too. Sometimes I don't think their AC works too well, but I managed to get in my workouts.

-TT

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
I know all about busy, this legal issue is becoming a firestorm for the next 10 days. I love a good fight, but this one seems to go on and on and on ! At times it gets rough trying to balence everything and get in a good workout. If we try hard enough, it gets done.

TINYTOAD

TINYTOAD

Awards
  • Established
With the indoor temperature still hovering at 88 degrees without turning on the computer, I decided to keep the computer off last night.

Past few days, same basic routine, but swapped around the push and pull days.

My favorite chest press machine is still out of order. I guess it wasn't used to people putting 250 pounds on it.
This gave me the opportunity to do some incline chest press, and after doing so, I see there is a lot of room for improvement.

For something new, I tried out the Hoist seated dip machine. I started with 180 lbs of plates, then pyramided up to 270. It seems to hit the muscles at a slightly different angle when compared to doing dips on the bars.

The next day was an abbreviated pull day. I started with wide grip lat pulldowns, switched to shoulder shrugs, then over to narrow grip pull downs.
I finished up with the poor little selectorized rowing machine down in the circuit training area. I do the whole 250lb stack, and I can feel the machine flexing and bending. The plate loaded mid-row is a much sturdier piece of equipment.

Today, I'm going to just run on the treadmill. I'm going to try hitting the gym much earlier, and see how that works out for me.
It's going to be a real challenge to keep working out, driving a nasty commute, putting in overtime, driving another nasty commute back, keeping up with my studies, and getting enough sleep without burning myself out.

-TT

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
Today, I'm going to just run on the treadmill. I'm going to try hitting the gym much earlier, and see how that works out for me.
It's going to be a real challenge to keep working out, driving a nasty commute, putting in overtime, driving another nasty commute back, keeping up with my studies, and getting enough sleep without burning myself out.

-TT
I'm burnt out just reading that! What is it you're studying btw?

TINYTOAD

TINYTOAD

Awards
  • Established
I'm burnt out just reading that! What is it you're studying btw?
I've got a class in painting and one in bible studies... Nothing too demanding, but even with those simple classes, its sometimes more than I'd like.

Last year I took a couple of business classes and computer classes, and the readings and homework seemed to chew up every last minute of free time.

I the job goes really well, I'll just have to move, to be closer to work. I'd rather be spending that time at the gym, or doing something fun, rather than sitting in heavy traffic.

-TT

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
TT- you will get your life readjusted and everything will fall into place. Right now, your like me, trying to get all the parts to fit together.

TINYTOAD

TINYTOAD

Awards
  • Established
The cardio went well today.

I did interval training for 30 minutes, with an average hr of 135.
I bounced back and forth between 155 and 125 for 25 minutes, then went all out for the last 5, with a peak hr of 171.

With the new schedule, I'll just have to experiment. I hate wasting time sitting in traffic. Call it "alone time" or "quiet time" or whatever, but it's unproductive time, if you ask me. I'd rather be reading and learning something new, if I'm forced to sit.

Perhaps we need a "cardio car" similar to the one Fred Flintstone used to drive, but more modern. One that runs off an electric charge, but can take human power as an input as well, to reduce external power consumption and improve our overall health as well. Think of a 2 ton, power assisted, recumbent automobile. Then you could come to work all drenched in sweat.

-TT

TINYTOAD

TINYTOAD

Awards
  • Established
Wouldn't it be great if everything ran off electricity!!! Ha!

Due to a "Disturbance" the power went out here around 3:30 p.m., and didn't come back up until 1:30 a.m.

Anything electric was hosed.

Then again, if you needed gas, the electrically operated gas pumps were down too!

I felt very "Amish" last night.

-TT

TINYTOAD

TINYTOAD

Awards
  • Established
Now that I'll have some income, it's time to start thinking about supplements.

Currently, I am taking the following:

Muscle Milk 100% Whey (27g protein and 6g BCAAs per serving)
EcoDrink Multivitamin (morning)
Centrum Multivitamin (night)
PrimaForce Cissus
Schiff Glucosamine Plus MSM (1.5g ea)
Calcium Citrate (0.5 g)
Fish Oil (570 mg Omega 3)

I am considering taking a BCAA supplement, since the Muscle Milk is only providing me with 12g per day.
I am also considering some form of creatine. That Creatine Ethyl Ester stuff makes me gag just thinking about it.

After I finish off this big bag of Muscle Milk Whey, I'll probably go with a whey protein isolate product. I just don't know which one.
I used to buy Ergopharm's GF-Pro, but that's gone.

Any comments or suggestions?

Thanks,

-TT

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
Now that I'll have some income, it's time to start thinking about supplements.

Currently, I am taking the following:

Muscle Milk 100% Whey (27g protein and 6g BCAAs per serving)
EcoDrink Multivitamin (morning)
Centrum Multivitamin (night)
PrimaForce Cissus
Schiff Glucosamine Plus MSM (1.5g ea)
Calcium Citrate (0.5 g)

I am considering taking a BCAA supplement, since the Muscle Milk is only providing me with 12g per day.
I am also considering some form of creatine. That Creatine Ethyl Ester stuff makes me gag just thinking about it.

After I finish off this big bag of Muscle Milk Whey, I'll probably go with a whey protein isolate product. I just don't know which one.
I used to buy Ergopharm's GF-Pro, but that's gone.

Any comments or suggestions?

Thanks,

-TT
TT - I will have to follow along on this I need to make some changes in my supplements. It's time to reload the war chest, The only changes I made was to mega dose the fish oil, add some vit D-3 to the mix. It's time to re-set the supplements..I'll PM you later, off to a meeting...have a great day.

TINYTOAD

TINYTOAD

Awards
  • Established
TT - I will have to follow along on this I need to make some changes in my supplements. It's time to reload the war chest, The only changes I made was to mega dose the fish oil, add some vit D-3 to the mix. It's time to re-set the supplements
I completely forgot about the fish oil, but I'm taking 570 mg of Omega-3 fatty acids. It's called "Omega HMJ" and half the time I forget to take it.

This morning, I did chest press, shoulder press, and dips. I finished up with some low intensity cardio.

The new job went well today, but the commute was not fun. I won't see a paycheck for another 3 weeks though.

Tomorrow, rather than going to the gym first, I'm going to drive down to where I work, and use the gym down there.
Hopefully, it's not too crowded, and I can find a place to park.

-TT

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
In 3 weeks think of how sweet it will be. Tomarrow you get to check out a new gym maybe some different equipment.

TINYTOAD

TINYTOAD

Awards
  • Established
In 3 weeks think of how sweet it will be. Tomarrow you get to check out a new gym maybe some different equipment.
A new gym... a new adventure!

I left at 5:30 and got down to the gym at 6:00 a.m. This shaved 25 minutes off of my drive!

There was a lot of equipment there that I hadn't seen in years: Nautilus, Cybex, and Hammer Strength.

They had a Nautilus Pullover machine!!! Yeah!!! I maxed it out though. But what fun! I haven't been on one of those in years!

It was my "pull" day, so I did narrow grip low row, wide grip grip row, wide grip lat pulldown, pull-over, and shoulder shrugs.

I finished up with 25 minutes of cardio. That cardio room was like a swamp. Very humid.

Tomorrow, I'm just going to do cardio.

-TT

TINYTOAD

TINYTOAD

Awards
  • Established
25 less minutes in the car, and a new gym priceless.
The gym there is kinda old, kinda stuffy. It has low ceilings, and I think I can do better. But yeah, leaving early shaves nearly 1/2 and hour off the drive. I must admit it kinda sucks having to leave for work at 5:30 when you don't arrive until 8.

There's another gym maybe 5 miles down the road, with much higher ratings on Yelp (4 stars vs 2.5 stars). I'll give that a try this coming week.

Anyhow, I survived my first week... only 14 days until pay day!!! It's a very nice office, with free coffee and sodas!

For reasons unknown, my strength seems to be taking a nose dive. I thought it was just the new gym, but today I went back to my local gym, and sure enough, I'm down like 35 lbs on chest press. My lat pulldown is weak, as well. Maybe I'm getting sick, maybe it's not enough sleep, maybe it's the low cal / low fat diet. Yeah, strength is down this week.

No takers giving supplement advice? Otherwise, I'll go ahead and add the BCAA and some CEE.

-TT

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
TT, you went from sitting at home on food stamps to working, a major life change. Your body is stressed out, adjusting to your new life. Your strength will return after you adjust out and it gets use to the new you. The work and sleep patterns are a major change, just watch your diet and do lighter workouts until your ready to go for it. Don't force it and injury is easier now since your weaker, go light until your ready, your strength will return and you will be ready to go. Just give it a little bit of time.
Talk about stress, I had lunch with my nieces husbond and he said he would fix the leak in our roof and the old concrete porch. He did, my wife heard a knock on the door on Tuesday afternoon. He asked her to move her car out of the driveway. When she stepped out to move her car, there was trucks and trailers up and down the street. His entire crew was there, she said it was like home makeover, a track hoe, came up the driveway and took up the entire side walk and old porch setting it in the front yard. Two bobcats went to work, one was getting the old concrete loaded in a trailer while the other was digging out for the new porch. Forms ready, and gone in under 2 hours, everything was cleaned up. I took rest the week off at least I could help patch the roof. The next morning, he and one guy showed up to meet the concrete truck to pour the porch. As soon as the truck left another showed up with his crew and shortly after a truck showed up with roofing and lumber. I asked him what are you doing ? replacing the roof and building a complete covered porch was his reply. Talk about a shock, strength and energy just left me, I was just drained trying to get myself to readjust and get the drive and strength back up to normal levels. Just like you the sudden relief of the stress and things changing really got me off balence. My issue with stress was over in 3 days, now I have to readjust. TT, you went from behind bars, to getting your freedom back and now your job, and all the positive changes that came with it. Give yourself time to adjust, thats a lot to go thru on the long term.

TINYTOAD

TINYTOAD

Awards
  • Established
Life is a wild ride!

-TT

P.S. Now, all I need to do is stay the course, so I'll be ready if GQ (Geriatric Quarterly) wants me to do a photoshoot or something.