Star Wars Ep7 (spoilers) & "Cry-so much Ren"

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
IMO the new bad guy sucked. He looked like a character pulled from a Harry Potter movie. Weak looking, an nothing manly or alpha about him.

Really? This weak ass Jedi in training killed all the trainees but couldn't stop a chick with little idea about the force?

What a puss.

I hope he isn't in any future movies, an if so, bulks up, shaves his head, get a tan, an a little hair on his balls.

No Sith Lords an now knights of Ren (really?) left me with da fuq? At the end of the movie.

Overall I liked it though.

Discuss........

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
A tan? Bulked up? Are you forgetting what Anakin looked like?

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Overall, I liked the movie, but it seemed to me more like a reboot than a new episode.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Overall, I liked the movie, but it seemed to me more like a reboot than a new episode.
Agreed.
Ren isn't dead IMO. Rae didn't kill him and the dude wanted him to complete his training. Never showed him dying. He's alive and will be a Vader reborn.

Luke is Rae dad IMO. Too cliche and gay if Rae and Ren are related. Rae saw the past when she touched Lukes light saber. It would make sense that he would leave everything behind when he left.

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
I figure Rae's dad is Luke, so she is genetically stronger in the force then Ren as his other wasn't Luke strong, but at the same time Luke did train Ren, but how much is questionable. And why could 2 noobies be able to fight on level ground with him, he was injuried on the outside and on the inside from killing you know who, so maybe his head wasn't right and just wanted to blow off some steam. He is like anakin when he first started in the force

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I figure Rae's dad is Luke, so she is genetically stronger in the force then Ren as his other wasn't Luke strong, but at the same time Luke did train Ren, but how much is questionable. And why could 2 noobies be able to fight on level ground with him, he was injuried on the outside and on the inside from killing you know who, so maybe his head wasn't right and just wanted to blow off some steam. He is like anakin when he first started in the force
Nvm read this wrong.

His head was definitely messed up.

Aaron.Cole

Aaron.Cole

Awards
I think that was the goal, in a way. My dad saw it with me and he loved it. He said it felt like he had gone back in time to when he saw A New Hope in theaters.

Aaron.Cole

Aaron.Cole

Awards
I think Rey is probably going to be a descendant of Obi-wan.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established

Whateves

I seen og Starwars when I was 8 y/o, when I knew the release was coming for 7, kids and I watched the previous 6. Then I took my family to see 7, it was great but what I really liked was watching it with my own 8 y/o son. He loved it, we both knew it was like the original, but he liked it a lot. That's what matters.

Aaron.Cole

Aaron.Cole

Awards
This seems to be a popular theory, but we'll have to wait and see. That would be cool though.
It would be.

1) Obi-wan talks to her when she touches the lifesaber. Which doesn't necessarily prove anything, since he talked to Luke, too; but

2) She got to keep her British accent. John Boyega didn't. So I'm just interested to see if there's a good reason behind it. (Hint hint.)

Either way, having to wait two years sucks. But Rogue One should be cool.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It would be.

1) Obi-wan talks to her when she touches the lifesaber. Which doesn't necessarily prove anything, since he talked to Luke, too; but

2) She got to keep her British accent. John Boyega didn't. So I'm just interested to see if there's a good reason behind it. (Hint hint.)

Either way, having to wait two years sucks. But Rogue One should be cool.
Yeah, it would be cool, but it might also be interesting if she comes from a family line on the other side of the force.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, it would be cool, but it might also be interesting if she comes from a family line on the other side of the force.
I like the idea if she's a nobody. As lame as that sounds, it would be kinda cool if she's a bad ass bitch and she's not from a special lineage. Just a Jane blow, ya know.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I feel like that was somewhat intentional
It was intentional. After the 3 debacles that George Lucas put out with Episode 1, 2 and 3.

JJ Abrams was afraid to piss off the die hard fans the way Lucas did, so he played it completely

safe, and followed the format of Episode 4, A New Hope, to a T because it worked.

It helped establish new fans with a similar story to the original, as well as not piss off the old fans.

The next Episode should get more intense, and should get deeper into the story.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It was intentional. After the 3 debacles that George Lucas put out with Episode 1, 2 and 3.

JJ Abrams was afraid to piss off the die hard fans the way Lucas did, so he played it completely

safe, and followed the format of Episode 4, A New Hope, to a T because it worked.

It helped establish new fans with a similar story to the original, as well as not piss off the old fans.

The next Episode should get more intense, and should get deeper into the story.
As a die hard fan who's childhood revolved around Star Wars, I can honestly say that I prefer episode one over seven. Episode one sucked, but at least it was original.

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
As a die hard fan who's childhood revolved around Star Wars,
I can honestly say that I prefer episode one over seven. Episode one sucked, but at least it was original.
i can somewhat relate to you bro. I saw Episode 4 when i was 8 years old and throughout my childhood
i could not wait for the next episodes to come out. I was also aware the there were going to be 9 parts
originally, and each year i waited anxiously for the next Episode.

The problem is that the Story of Star Wars is the Story of Anakin / Darth Vader, and his struggle going
from the light to the dark side. Once Vader is killed off in Episode 6, the story is really over. At this point,
they really have to try to make something up that would be original and take the story into a new direction
which potentially could be difficult because what else can you do..?

We have already seen the Republic turn into the Empire, then the Empire is defeated, so its back to the
Republic, and now you have the 1st Order, trying to do what the Empire did. So its just history repeating
itself.

The only way Star Wars can have any new original stories, is by doing Spin Offs with existing and new
characters. At that point, they can take the theme in new directions. But as one as we are talking about
the original series, it seems, that history is going to repeat itself for the final trilogy.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I agree, but to me it was just too close. I very much enjoyed the movie and hope it goes in a new direction from here. It's going to be a long two years to wait lol

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I saw this theory of who raes parents might be on sparknotes and thought i would share it

Immaculate conception due to the Force. In the prequels, we learn that Anakin Skywalker's mother is a slave, Shmi, and his father is no one at all/the Force. That means that the Force can create people at will, and choose people to receive powers. Seeing as the Force was able to call out to Rey, why wouldn't it be able to create her in the first place? I'm going to answer my own question with: because it's too boring. If everything is pre-destined, then there is no point to the tortured meeting of Kylo and Han up on the air bridge, and Star Wars is a tragedy rather than a heroic epic. Poooop. She also has an Obi-Wan-esque old man looking after her on Jakku, which suggests she wasn't born there accidentally.
This does make sense but i think im going to go with hon and leia though. They put here on jakku when she was young to protect here from ren. The reason i think its that is they followed the old story so closely throughout that i just think that they are related. Thb though i hope its not this because it would be lame and would piss me off a little.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Also there are some people speculating that finn as also a jedi, a weak one though and he also doesn't know it. They are saying that he might be a descendent mace windu.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I saw this theory of who raes parents might be on sparknotes and thought i would share it

This does make sense but i think im going to go with hon and leia though. They put here on jakku when she was young to protect here from ren. The reason i think its that is they followed the old story so closely throughout that i just think that they are related. Thb though i hope its not this because it would be lame and would piss me off a little.
IMO, it makes more sense that Luke left her after he failed with Ren and gave everything up. His lightsaber called out to her. As far as her being a good pilot/mechanic like Han, Anikan was the only human allowed to fly in the races and was the best pilot and mechanic.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
IMO, it makes more sense that Luke left her after he failed with Ren and gave everything up. His lightsaber called out to her. As far as her being a good pilot/mechanic like Han, Anikan was the only human allowed to fly in the races and was the best pilot and mechanic.
I totally see what your saying but i disagree. Also hon and rea bonded really fast. I don't think that's a coincidences.