Spurfy’s Fasting Log

GrizzleB

GrizzleB

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I will say this: High-potency forskolin extract is no joke.

Depression gone.
Apathy present.
Temper shorter.
Sleep atrocious.
Z-E-R-O desire to eat.
Which forskolin are you using? I've always loved the stuff but my go to is no longer fs. I did see a company selling 120 caps of 95% for a good price.

Fasted

Awards
  • Established
Been pounding black coffee and I get jittery, but remain pretty hungry...
It sounds like.you still need to fat adapt if your that consistently hungry. Ketones kinda feel like amphetamines to me. Once they get goin you arent gunna be terribly hungry, even afyer a long fast.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
It sounds like.you still need to fat adapt if your that consistently hungry. Ketones kinda feel like amphetamines to me. Once they get goin you arent gunna be terribly hungry, even afyer a long fast.
Not doing keto. Just intermittent fasting

GrizzleB

GrizzleB

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Good stuff. Looked into that brand. I've. Only ever taken the 95% extracts. I'm worried the lower ones will cause GI distress but im willing to give it a shot.

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Went to an intake appointment to start seeing a therapist, first appointment is next week. I owe it to my son to give everything my all.

Also, fasting tip #214: On any day after 3 (I like 4 or 5), 12 oz of coconut flavored sparkling water with two packs of stevia and 4 oz of heavy cream makes a delicious and efficient way to *thoroughly* purge your liver, gall bladder, and intestines during a fast.

Is it cheating? Probably, but I don’t care — it’s a deep cleaning of some very important organs.
What are mechanisms behind this besides bile heavy production?

And for how long does the heavy cream disrupt (at all) autophagy.

GrizzleB

GrizzleB

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I’ve never had issues.

Also, there are other compounds in this plant besides forskolin that are likely beneficial.

Also, most supplement manufacturers probably lie about the potency of their extracts. Anything without a COA should not be considered as having the stated content, especially on the higher percentage extracts.

95% forskolin would be nearly crystalline in appearance and texture. And if going for 95%, why not just do the final purification step and recrystallize 99+% forskolin?
Maybe I'll give that brand a shot. Waiting on Tta500 to come back into stock then I'll get some cutting stuff on order.

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Day 5:

Taking a trip where it’s much warmer so I will not be back on here for a bit. Fasting will continue and I will update when it’s done or upon my return.
Safe travels!

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Checking in. I just ended my fast at day 12. Zero pain relief unfortunately and I don’t have the space to go further really. Also have a medial meniscus tear.
Started at 265lbs 4 weeks ago and a 5 day fast followed by a week of eating, followed by a 12 day fast and I’m down to 229lbs.

How is your fast going Spurf

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Checking in. I just ended my fast at day 12. Zero pain relief unfortunately and I don’t have the space to go further really. Also have a medial meniscus tear.
Started at 265lbs 4 weeks ago and a 5 day fast followed by a week of eating, followed by a 12 day fast and I’m down to 229lbs.

How is your fast going Spurf
36 lbs lost! WOW! Any perceived muscle/strength loss?

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
36 lbs lost! WOW! Any perceived muscle/strength loss?
So by the science I would say I haven’t lost much strength or muscle. However, I think the strength and “muscle” loss im perceiving actually the cns down regulating from not training, and the muscle is just Flat from glycogen depletion, fat loss, and not being trained.

I think I could swell back up to 260 in a matter of weeks and have same strength levels with diet and training, and as you know you don’t put on 30lb of muscle this fast.

Sent a picture to my family of myself and scale and my dad replied this

“200 lbs. would make you look gay, and I bet you look too skinny now...”

What was interesting is I was still having small bowel movements on day 12 of this nasty black looking stringy stuff. Mucoid plaque? Makes me think I have a ton of nasty **** I need to clean out. I’ll be fasting regularly. Also recurved stem cells today. The health journey continues. Anyways this isn’t my log so enough about me

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So by the science I would say I haven’t lost much strength or muscle. However, I think the strength and “muscle” loss im perceiving actually the cns down regulating from not training, and the muscle is just Flat from glycogen depletion, fat loss, and not being trained.

I think I could swell back up to 260 in a matter of weeks and have same strength levels with diet and training, and as you know you don’t put on 30lb of muscle this fast.

Sent a picture to my family of myself and scale and my dad replied this

“200 lbs. would make you look gay, and I bet you look too skinny now...”

What was interesting is I was still having small bowel movements on day 12 of this nasty black looking stringy stuff. Mucoid plaque? Makes me think I have a ton of nasty **** I need to clean out. I’ll be fasting regularly. Also recurved stem cells today. The health journey continues. Anyways this isn’t my log so enough about me
Were you on any PED/"fat loss help"?

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Were you on any PED/"fat loss help"?
No. Just water and electrolytes. I think I retain a lot of water from inflammation and was prob 20%+ bf prior to fast. Prob closer to 18% now.

Not all of us can be shredded Greek Molly poppin gods like HGP

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No. Just water and electrolytes. I think I retain a lot of water from inflammation and was prob 20%+ bf prior to fast. Prob closer to 18% now.

Not all of us can be shredded Greek Molly poppin gods like HGP
I wish! LMAO!

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey spurfy is there any chance you have mental issues due to something you don't know about such as bipolar disorder?

On a sidenote at the stage youre in and considering you've said you never touched anything else than anavar I'd recommend to stay away from things like npp and masteron. Chances are youre having mental problems maybe not fully but partly because of the steroids.

Best of luck to you but don't let your physique be more important than your mental health.

Whey

Whey

Awards
  • Established
Hi Spurfy, all the best. I understand the difficulty of experiencing a fast. It took me a while to get all the info I needed. Ive been attempting a juice fast since February. Ive done 3 weeks straight successfully then failed. So what...

Since March 6th I kicked it up a notch, and I have been doing a Master Fast - Grapes and little bit of lemon. 90% of the time I am cold press juicing. Today I have successfully completed 3 weeks clean again. Physically and mentally I feel amazing. I have two health conditions that I am trying to cure. One fatal and the other is mentally and physically taxing.

It took me a while but for a while now I have been in complete control, and I feel so good mentally and physically. Friends and family and my office say I look like I am 20 years old again. New people I meet are mind blown at my age and think im 20 years old. Honestly I feel like im 20 years old. Bro I am a year younger then you.

Mentally I went threw lots of doubts, today I am so glad I didn't give up. For both conditions symptoms has stopped. One of the conditions is that I am dying of Congestive Heart Failure. I see my Cardiologist in month. I no longer have congested lungs or any type of edema. I have stopped my daily dose of Lasix 40mg a day. Obviously my conditions are reversing.

For detoxing Heavy metals - I use Chlorella tablets and Cilantro Extract twice a day.
My diet - Grape Fast, with a tiny bit of lemon (90% of the time cold press juicing - this will pull all kinds of weird $**T and toxins from your body very FAST.
I take Oregano oil and Monolaurin daily - this known to KILL - bacteria, fungus and viral infections in the body.

Watching this guys video helped give me an extra push - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91XlcvbFYMI

Ill definitely be checking in with your experience. All the best with your journey!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Time to come back and tell us about progress.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have (all diagnosed) MDD, GAD, C-PTSD, and Asperger's. Probably rapid-cycling bipolar as well. I've had an extremely f'ed up life, starting from birth. That I haven't killed myself already is a testament to my will and my ability to dissociate from my emotions. Having an IQ north of 160 is not at all a blessing, btw -- I'd much rather be average. People of average intellect are generally much happier than the highly intelligent, this is a research-proven fact. The smarter you are, the more miserable you tend to be, as existential dread becomes the norm.

Maybe I should smash myself in the head with a 2X4 until I'm average?

I never said that. I said I love Anavar. The only thing I'd never touched was 19-nors, and honestly NPP with Mast had me feeling great -- stable, happy, anxiety-free. The worst AAS for me is testosterone, at anything more than 200 mg/wee iit just really magnifies the worst in my psyche while making me cold and callous and unable to "act" my way out of Asperger's.

Appreciate it, but honestly I do better on cycle than off.

Sorry to hear that, got a friend that has thst and you can tell it's really hard to deal with. It's easy to say it's in your head but for you that means reality I guess. Just don't be afraid of getting help.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nope, and my participation on this forum will likely be concluding soon.

For all of the time (almost 20 years now) I've spent exploring the frontiers of emerging science, I have almost nothing to show for it save a few low-key publications and a brain full of knowledge. It is simply impossible to earn a livable income outside of academia (which I have basically been blacklisted from due to my "controversial" positions and refusal to back down to anyone when I have proof on my side) or selling my soul to the sick-care Cartel, which I refuse to do -- I'd sooner be homeless, which seems to be a real possibility within the next few months.

I have spent more than $100,000 on my education and am now effectively broke. Science was a bad choice, I should have gone into law instead, where sound arguments and the aggressive defense of such are rewarded, not scorned. Save some miracle, I am abandoning science and my book will go unpublished. It was unlikely that I was going to make any real money off of it anyway.
How about working with the supplement industry, creating effective cocktails for (put your idea here) ? Someone might have interest in your knowledge.

Fasted

Awards
  • Established
Nope, and my participation on this forum will likely be concluding soon.

For all of the time (almost 20 years now) I've spent exploring the frontiers of emerging science, I have almost nothing to show for it save a few low-key publications and a brain full of knowledge. It is simply impossible to earn a livable income outside of academia (which I have basically been blacklisted from due to my "controversial" positions and refusal to back down to anyone when I have proof on my side) or selling my soul to the sick-care Cartel, which I refuse to do -- I'd sooner be homeless, which seems to be a real possibility within the next few months.

I have spent more than $100,000 on my education and am now effectively broke. Science was a bad choice, I should have gone into law instead, where sound arguments and the aggressive defense of such are rewarded, not scorned. Save some miracle, I am abandoning science and my book will go unpublished. It was unlikely that I was going to make any real money off of it anyway.
Cut the bullshit "the world sucks" talk and write your fucking masterpiece motherfucker! You think Van Gogh was respected in his time and had it easy? Pressure bursts pipes and pressure makes diamonds. You claim to know things that others dont. Real science isnt just academia agreeing, its breaking rules, shifting parardigms and the like. Being ostrasized is par for the course, and you know this. You have a following at this forum that could very well provide the spark you need, but even if it doesnt, you do that **** for science man!

That said, maybe you dont have what it takes...

@hairygrandpa (looks like i hit the be an asshole button)

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Since your fast was cut short...
I'm fine with: "Do what I say -but don't do what I do". I also comprehend that you are "special" and drag yourself through this world, laden with undesirable afflictions.
What I don't get is your lag of discipline, which could easily explained away with your mental issues, "cheapo escape" I would say. When I say I do something, you better watch out, because I will. Once given my word, I'll never break it -I may go as far as: I would rather eat ****. Its somewhat disappointing, thought you were tougher.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Appreciate the honesty, guys.

And my fast was cut short because I was hospitalized for reasons unrelated to fasting.
Now that you're out of the hospital, when does the fast start? :)
We could start together. Mine begins Monday for 5 days.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
@Spurfy, you ever need to talk, vent, DM me. If you ever think about taking your life, DM me, or another that you can confide in. I've had buds that were depressed, unhappy, thinking it was never going to end. They took their lives. Left friends and family behind heart broken.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
@Spurfy, you ever need to talk, vent, DM me. If you ever think about taking your life, DM me, or another that you can confide in. I've had buds that were depressed, unhappy, thinking it was never going to end. They took their lives. Left friends and family behind heart broken.
Better not DM'ing me though. I share his misanthropic views to 90%. It may end in a elaborate plan how to best blow ones head off -or that of others.

Last edited:
hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's actually 165, which means that, statistically speaking, there are about 2400 people in the United States with a higher IQ than me. In any city of 1.35 million or less, there are likely to be < 10 people with a higher IQ than me. In any city of less than 136,000 people, I'm statistically likely to have the highest IQ.

Yay.

See: https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/bad-news-for-the-highly-intelligent/ and https://www.medicaldaily.com/why-smarter-people-are-more-likely-be-mentally-ill-270039 for why this fucking sucks, especially for people who have had especially traumatic early life experiences.

I'd gladly give up my intellect if it meant a better chance at happiness. I fucking hate it and I've actually contemplated ECT ("shock therapy") to make myself permanently dumber. That is, in fact, how it works to relieve MDD.
I got this feeling too. Especially in shithole country. The average person must have a IQ of 70 here. BUT, they are happy. Spending their monthly wage of $300 on booze and lottery tickets while sporting a toothless smile.
Even for me its hard to watch other apes in my environment, breathing my oxygen and running around with a finger in the butt.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Every single day I think about taking my life and only the lifetime of damage it would do to my son stops me. I literally have no one else in this world and no real reason to go on but him. I honestly don't care about anything or anyone but him -- I don't love anyone else. On 6/1 I will be officially homeless with literally nowhere to go and no one to help, and without any income, and I feel nothing about this. No dread, no fear, just blank. I just don't care.

This world is overwhelmingly a terrible place, for me at least, and the majority of my life has been spent struggling to fight this never-ending battle against my brain, my past, and now my body, while trying to fit in and "act normal" in order to not be lonely. I've stopped trying and most of the time I don't see another person for days on end, but I'm not lonely. I only miss my son.

I lament not doing the deed in 2008 when I had no one depending on me. Now, I'm trapped here.

I appreciate your concern and offer, but talking solves nothing. Therapy doesn't work. Medication doesn't work. The only thing left now is acceptance. This is my life and who I am and there's nothing I will ever be able to do to be a happy person -- it's just not in the cards for me. 42 years of off-and-on misery and finally I see that there simply is no point in hope or trying to fix things. I am simply broken beyond any repair.
Agreed, therapy and medicating does not work. I'm no therapist. I just do not accept ultimatums like that. The claim that nothing will change because it has always been a certain way up until a certain point, thus it must always be so. Sure, that can be a reality, that everything will always be the same, and only get worse, but it also doesn't have to be. To me, life is valuable, and should be regarded as such, and the only ones that deserve a just execution are murderers, rapists, and child predators. I'm sorry about your predicament. I've never been homeless myself, but I have had various trials, and image issues throughout my life, and there was a time in my life that I did constantly contemplate taking my life. I'm a Christian, so I will pray for you, i know most aren't on this board, and they didn't come here to get a sermon, so I'll leave it at that, and if you ever want to message me, not for therapy, you can.

Fasted

Awards
  • Established
Appreciate the honesty, guys.

And my fast was cut short because I was hospitalized for reasons unrelated to fasting.
All love spurfy. I think you need to have some direction and vision right now. That book is your lifes work and so is your son. Write your book and teach your son everything you can. Focus on accomplishing those things and you will be satisfied in a way money cant give and will have things to focus on outside of the problems you are experiencing. It is hard to NOT think about something, so you must become obsessed with something else. Make your legacy.

All that said, nothing but the best wishes as you struggle through this period. I wouldnt stop posting in this forum. You have a lot of people here who value you and want to support you.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
They value my knowledge because it helps them in some manner, but I'm not valued as a person, only as a resource, same as in all of my previous "friendships" and relationships. The moment the person gets what they need, I'm of no further use, unless or until they need something else.

I'm done being a reference guide. Where it used to make me feel good to help people along even if my tact and tone weren't ideal, now it gives me nothing. I have found that the vast majority of people are simply parasites and I'm done being a host.

Wise words -and certainly true. Try to see it a bit different, try to get pleasure out of teaching. Its what you do, right? Teaching. A good teacher is not searching for friends -but for listeners.
I'm that kind of guy. Teaching gives me purpose, recognition and therein pleasure.
The word "friend" is a cliche. Try to define :"Friend". Make a list of character threats a "true friend" would have. Then think about it -and try to envision, that you also must comply with said characteristics to the other.
"Friend" is a romantic thought masturbation. Many people call it God - a unreachable, perfect, trustworthy, helping, self sacrificing entity.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
They value my knowledge because it helps them in some manner, but I'm not valued as a person, only as a resource, same as in all of my previous "friendships" and relationships. The moment the person gets what they need, I'm of no further use, unless or until they need something else.

I'm done being a reference guide. Where it used to make me feel good to help people along even if my tact and tone weren't ideal, now it gives me nothing. I have found that the vast majority of people are simply parasites and I'm done being a host.
Course most people want freebies in life. And willing to use someone until they get all they want. That said, do you enjoy what you are knowledgeable about? If you enjoy your area of studies, do you enjoy letting others know what you know? I know that if I find something out cool, interesting, beneficial, I'm going to also enjoy informing others, regardless of any net return.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Found this GEM. @Spurfy , if that doesn't cheer you up, go ahead and jump under a bus:

Last edited:

Fasted

Awards
  • Established

Dude, you are so busy playing that damn violin. I realize i dont know you, but get over your ego. I dont need any advice from you, I enjoy talking to you. People here may enjoy your advice, but they also seem to genuinely care about and want to support you. You may be different, but you need interaction too, and people here have given you as much good advice as you have given them. Gosh darnit, use that intellect to see the good in the world you relentless cynic! Have you no control over your brainworms!?

Fasted

Awards
  • Established
Wise words -and certainly true. Try to see it a bit different, try to get pleasure out of teaching. Its what you do, right? Teaching. A good teacher is not searching for friends -but for listeners.
I'm that kind of guy. Teaching gives me purpose, recognition and therein pleasure.
The word "friend" is a cliche. Try to define :"Friend". Make a list of character threats a "true friend" would have. Then think about it -and try to envision, that you also must comply with said characteristics to the other.
"Friend" is a romantic thought masturbation. Many people call it God - a unreachable, perfect, trustworthy, helping, self sacrificing entity.
If it is that hard to find a trustworthy, helping person around you, you have a problem in what youve surrounded yourself with. You talked about the people with toothless smiles who you believe to have low iqs. You also remarked at their happiness. There is so much to know we will never touch the tip of the iceberg. Peoples knowledge reaches in far different directions.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If it is that hard to find a trustworthy, helping person around you, you have a problem in what youve surrounded yourself with. You talked about the people with toothless smiles who you believe to have low iqs. You also remarked at their happiness. There is so much to know we will never touch the tip of the iceberg. Peoples knowledge reaches in far different directions.
You missed the point and are mixing up different topics. Not going into the "I feel lonely, because I'm smarter" thing, that would stir up racial/social/political/religious controversy and probably ends in SJW's being banned from the board, because of losing their **** over it. Spurfy was talking about missing giving value to his person and friendship, instead solely absorbing his knowledge and "use" him. My point was: define "Friend".
That alone could take weeks of discussion, right? So my advise was to derive pleasure from teaching, instead of feeling to nurture leeches with knowledge -and avoid the search for friendship (because: romantic masturbation).
Any objection to this?

Fasted

Awards
  • Established
You missed the point and are mixing up different topics. Not going into the "I feel lonely, because I'm smarter" thing, that would stir up racial/social/political/religious controversy and probably ends in SJW's being banned from the board, because of losing their **** over it. Spurfy was talking about missing giving value to his person and friendship, instead solely absorbing his knowledge and "use" him. My point was: define "Friend".
That alone could take weeks of discussion, right? So my advise was to derive pleasure from teaching, instead of feeling to nurture leeches with knowledge -and avoid the search for friendship (because: romantic masturbation).
Any objection to this?
No, and i didnt mean to turn this into a racial/social/political thing, so glad to avoid that. I just mean there is a way in life to find happiness. You mentioned being surrounded by people with very little means who are still happy. Maybe you can learn from them. If they wanna get jacked and rave out, they can learn from you.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
A friends sticks closer than a brother, and is born for adversity.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

You have a disorder that makes it harder for you to read people right? I find it hard to believe people who are or were close to you never was, mostly that's in your own head. What we sometimes do as people is expecting others to do the same thing back to us which literally never happens. The more you give the less chance it'll be for others to be equal with you.

Equality doesn't exist with friends, one will always give more and its the same in the relationship. It doesn't have to be equal it just has to be satisfying for everyone.