Special pump inducing intraworkout carbs

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I remember coming across a few products marketed as containing 'special pump inducing intraworkout carbs' (it didn't say exactly that on the box) or something like that.

Any guesses as to what this would've been?

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No idea. I only use PowerMax
XT or sometimes a carb intra and my pumps are always amazing ;)

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
There’s some fast acting carb blend intra products but they tend to have more of an endurance benefit rather than pump for me personally.

The carb containing intras off the top of my head are from companies like granite, Blackstone, redcon, and many more.

For pumps alone nitrate based products always work best for me.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
i know what it was...

a marketing gimmick.

really the only difference in carb would be how fast they could be broken donw/absored so theres nothing that would induce a "better" pump outside of timing.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
i know what it was...

a marketing gimmick.

really the only difference in carb would be how fast they could be broken donw/absored so theres nothing that would induce a "better" pump outside of timing.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Intra carb supplements can definitely add benefits in training performance and endurance, and any fast digesting carb could help slightly with pumps. I wouldn't fall into a marketing scam though, sour patch kids or pixie sticks would yeild the same "pump inducing" as a fancy intra carb powder.

For pumps alone nitrate based products always work best for me.
This 100% - nitrates are always my go-to for pumps. If that's your goal, I would check out Vasomax which is a non-stim nitrate based preworkout. Vasomax contains a solid profile that delivers intense pumps, and any added intra carb would just be the icing on the cake.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Agreed with the above. Vasomax is an awesome product and i've used it multiple times with great pump and results.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Most intra carbs are good for this. Drank during workout they are supposed to increase energy and pump.

JCR97

JCR97

Awards
What are your Best sources of intraworkout carbs? Mine I like to use non sweet applesauce if I'm trying to keep it clean. Otherwise I like any hard candy that slowly delivers glucose because you're not taking it all in at once. Such as letting tootsie rolls dissolve.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
What are your Best sources of intraworkout carbs? Mine I like to use non sweet applesauce if I'm trying to keep it clean. Otherwise I like any hard candy that slowly delivers glucose because you're not taking it all in at once. Such as letting tootsie rolls dissolve.
PLANET FITNESS KNOWS ALLLLLLLL

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Highly branched cyclic dextrin works great intraworkout

mbonheur

mbonheur

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I tend to switch between Waxy, Karbolyn and HBCD. Currently using HBCD as it was on offer.

I just feel better with them than with Maltodextrin and other similar carb sources or even food. For my training style, intracarbs are pretty nice and I would not train without it

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
I like to add a fast acting carb to my bcaa’s to use during my training. This is usually Glyco-infusion or Cytocarb 2

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thanks for the replies.
To date, I've only ever used bcaas and eaas intraworkout and I've noticed that they boost my stamina and strength later on in the workout. I know they're used for energy during your workout and so you need to account for them in your daily macros count
Atm I'm considering incorporating intraworkout carbs into my intraworkout so I'm wondering, what are the pros and cons for using more/less intraworkout carbs as opposed to bcaas or eaas?
One of the reasons for my preference to date of using bcaas over eating more carbs preworkout is that this allows my insulin to be lower during the workout, which allows for higher glucagon and is conducive to fat burning and hgh production, hence also igf-1

JCR97

JCR97

Awards
PLANET FITNESS KNOWS ALLLLLLLL
Hahaha there's a sorta planet fitness in Canada only it's not purple and **** lol and there's squat racks so it's sorta **** but sorta good. And they give out tootsie rolls so I mean frig it it's free

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I dont know about pump but adding glycofuse into my aminos made my workouts better overall...about to open a jug in a few weeks