Soy Vs. Whey

BigOil26

BigOil26

Awards
Seeing and reading a lot of articles stating you get slightly better results from soy protein over whey, anyone have personal experiences? I still stick with whey as soy isn't very common where I'm at.

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't use soy as my primary source of protein.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A lot of people are hysterically scared of soy protein because they think even a sip will give them boobs. It is rather funny. I wouldn't use it as your only source of protein but soy once in a while isn't going to hurt you. It may even be beneficial.

allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards
A lot of people are hysterically scared of soy protein because they think even a sip will give them boobs. It is rather funny. I wouldn't use it as your only source of protein but soy once in a while isn't going to hurt you. It may even be beneficial.
this. although it has been linked to slight elevations in estrogen, its not a terrible protein source. amino acid profile is decent, but leucine content is higher in whey, and egg, and those are more bioavailable, complete proteins. soy is fine to help hit your protein numbers, just would not advise using it as a primary protein source

rome32

rome32

Board Sponsor
Awards
I took soy for 50 days and noticed a difference. I like to add it in a couple times a week, but whey is my primary source though.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I enjoy some soy protein as well, just not very often. I'm actually trying to phase out the last I have of it right now. Post workout I take 1 scoop whey and 1 scoop soy. Before bed I do 1/3 whey 1/3 soy 1/3 casein. I'd recommend taking it with water though. One time I made a post workout shake with milk and soy and man... the gas a few hours afterwards could kill small animals.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ill have to find the literature but soy actually has something in it that could mess with protein synthesis

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I think a mix is a good idea. I personally like Casein quite a bit, since it has the highest levels of Leucine. A mix of Whey and Casein is great.

Maybe you could mix it up, and see which one you like better? I know strictly taste, there will be more options available for whey.

dirtwarrior

dirtwarrior

Awards
I don't think there is anything wrong with using soy sometimes