Solid Feel Good Wind down Supplements

Bigmatt57

Bigmatt57

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Long Story short I love drinking, but I only consume alcohol once a week on Sunday’s. Because I’m serious about my body, health, nutrition and training. I would love to find a supplement, nootropic or something that I can take around bedtime to help relax. Anyone have something they take and like?

Unfortunately, I don’t like weed. Loved it when I was a teenager but nowadays I actually despise the feeling it gives me and just can’t wait till it’s over. Not a feeling of panic just hate the overall feeling of being high.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Long Story short I love drinking, but I only consume alcohol once a week on Sunday’s. Because I’m serious about my body, health, nutrition and training. I would love to find a supplement, nootropic or something that I can take around bedtime to help relax. Anyone have something they take and like?

Unfortunately, I don’t like weed. Loved it when I was a teenager but nowadays I actually despise the feeling it gives me and just can’t wait till it’s over. Not a feeling of panic just hate the overall feeling of being high.
So I'm like you expect I can't drink at all for the safty of the general public lol

But I used to like weed and now I don't like getting high, but I like that borderline point between high and relaxed. I've been messing with low dose edibles that are high in CBD, same thing with the CBD vape with low THC. It takes a little playing around with to get it right but I find this effective. 7-10mg seems to be my sweet spot before I start getting high.

I don't know a ton on nootrooics, but some sleepytime tea's help me a little.

I'm also in the neverending search to find a way to wind down and relax so I feel your pain

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
In for a miracle idea lol I’m listening! Alcoholic here who’s looking for a little nice feeling. Also can’t smoke anymore gets me anxious every single time.

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Same I don’t drink or smoke, I really can’t. Also, in recovery a little over 9 years. I’d be interested in a relaxation nootropic though for sure

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Phenibut, Tianeptine, Kratom, and kava. First three are all addictive and should be avoid d if you don’t have self control. Kava is the only one I use now but not very often.

Bigmatt57

Bigmatt57

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Phenibut, Tianeptine, Kratom, and kava. First three are all addictive and should be avoid d if you don’t have self control. Kava is the only one I use now but not very often.
Kava is definitely something I’ll have to look into!

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
L theanine
I like this as well. Also sns has a kana supplement and it’s suppose to be good for relaxation. I haven’t tried it though. If you get legit kava and drink it it will feel somewhat similar to a few drinks.

Bigmatt57

Bigmatt57

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I like this as well. Also sns has a kana supplement and it’s suppose to be good for relaxation. I haven’t tried it though. If you get legit kava and drink it it will feel somewhat similar to a few drinks.
That sounds exactly what I’m looking for!

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I haven't tried kava yet , but read it's very liver toxic? Not sure if it's over exaggerated, but it's suppose to be super relaxing

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
There's Kava bars lol.

I've had a few of the Kava drinks.
They're stronger than most people would imagine.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
There's Kava bars lol.

I've had a few of the Kava drinks.
They're stronger than most people would imagine.
People use it for coming off alcohol and even benzos pretty successfully

You and I will plan on having a few kava tonics next time

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i've been using phenibut off and on for several years now...i can have a week where i might use it 3x then go a couple of months of non-use with no issues....believe it or not but my favorite is somatamax by hi-tech, it is designed to be a sleep aid but just relaxes the hell out of me and makes pink floyd sound even better!!!

damn, this reminds me that i'm out and haven't used for quite a while---time to re-order.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Kava, Phenibut, CBD, L-Theanine, Passion Flower, Valerian root, Ashwagandha.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I love KannaEase for relaxation and a winding down feeling.

CasperKValentine

CasperKValentine

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I have been enjoying the Delta 8 THC products. OP, I know you know you said you don't like weed, but the effects from Delta 8 can be quite different. Also a difference between the indica and sativa varieties. You might try in small amount so you don't get overwhelmed with the feeling you don't like. I was a longtime heavy drinker and at first I didn't like being high either. Best way I can explain is with drinking I felt in control and always new how I'd feel based off how much I was drinking and had developed that ability to even "sober up" if necessary. I felt out of control with how I felt high and didn't like that. Now it's like drinking. If I want to get stoned I can get stoned or I can use just like if I was in the mood for a few beers. Hard to explain so if this just sounds like a bunch of blabbering I get it. LOL! Now a days I rarely drink more than a few beers or 1 mixed drink.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
So I'm like you expect I can't drink at all for the safty of the general public lol

But I used to like weed and now I don't like getting high, but I like that borderline point between high and relaxed. I've been messing with low dose edibles that are high in CBD, same thing with the CBD vape with low THC. It takes a little playing around with to get it right but I find this effective. 7-10mg seems to be my sweet spot before I start getting high.

I don't know a ton on nootrooics, but some sleepytime tea's help me a little.

I'm also in the neverending search to find a way to wind down and relax so I feel your pain
This is about where I’m at as far as edibles. I am very light weight when it comes to the. I get about 7-8 mgs of trulieve’s true gels. Then I take 1 hit of a vape pen with cbd snd thc mixed. I do that at night about an hour before bed.

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Lots of good suggestions. Id like to add tryptophan as a really good sleep aide as well. No addiction, no hangover, stacks well with valerian and gaba for a worry free combo.

Also, in similar fashion to BigT, I use phenibut about once or twice per week. If I sleep well, I dont have any urge to dose it again. But if my kids wake me up, my brain wants more phenibut the next night and I could see how it could eventually become problematic for some people.

dukes3577

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
400mg magnesium glycinate
50mg zinc gluconate
2 gm gaba
120mg shoden

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Lots of good suggestions. Id like to add tryptophan as a really good sleep aide as well. No addiction, no hangover, stacks well with valerian and gaba for a worry free combo.

Also, in similar fashion to BigT, I use phenibut about once or twice per week. If I sleep well, I dont have any urge to dose it again. But if my kids wake me up, my brain wants more phenibut the next night and I could see how it could eventually become problematic for some people.
somatomax is advertized as a sleep aid but they put a pretty hefty dose of good quality phenibut in it along with other ingredients i like-to me it's very cost efficient since on average i only use twice weekly.

i highly recommend it but suggest starting at just half a scoop--potent stuff.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Guys, be careful with kava. Was just reading how it can deplete glutathione levels(Like tylenol) which is why it may cause liver issues. Not sure if it's just heresy or not but there's a lot of literature on it

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
all together I suppose yes?
Well many of those do go well together, but Phenibut for example is strong enough itself and adding the others would kinda just be a drop in the bucket. Unless trying to go with the lowest possible dose of Phenibut and boost the overall effects with the milder stuff.

L-Theanine and Ashwagandha are very subtle, but to me noticeable. Can be used daily and no significant tolerance build up or withdrawal symptoms upon cessation.

I'd say the same for Valerian and Passion flower, but I have less experience with those. Passion flower can be surprisingly sedating.

With CBD I haven't really found out how and if it really is beneficial for me, but based on all the research it's worth a try imo.

Kava goes to the feels = )

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Guys, be careful with kava. Was just reading how it can deplete glutathione levels(Like tylenol) which is why it may cause liver issues. Not sure if it's just heresy or not but there's a lot of literature on it
Haven't heard about that, but years ago when the Kava's liver strain was a talking point, I think it was found to be due to some manufacturers bad product (iirc). There was also speculation about if it's the root, but not other parts of the plant (or the other way around), that causes the liver strain, but that was found out not to be true and it was just the bad production practicies of some.

My memory is a bit cloudy on this one, but I remember letting myself to come to the conclusion that it's no biggie. Haven't researched it in years though, so don't know what the verdict is nowadays.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Haven't heard about that, but years ago when the Kava's liver strain was a talking point, I think it was found to be due to some manufacturers bad product (iirc). There was also speculation about if it's the root, but not other parts of the plant (or the other way around), that causes the liver strain, but that was found out not to be true and it was just the bad production practicies of some.

My memory is a bit cloudy on this one, but I remember letting myself to come to the conclusion that it's no biggie. Haven't researched it in years though, so don't know what the verdict is nowadays.
You're pretty close on that. I don't think they ever actually proved it but there was an above normal level of heavy metals in some of the products that were tested.

Kava supplements have been used for 30 years or more and the FDA does require a warning about potential liver issues on the bottles but statistically, the amount of liver issues with it are very low to almost non-existent, with as you mentioned - a lot of them were in a concentrated period of time which kind of points towards something else being the culprit. BUT - I would avoid alcohol when on it and wouldn't use it for long periods of time without breaks.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
A lot of the cases of liver issues with Kava happened in a very short period and when testing was done, there were a lot of brands at the time that had high levels of heavy metals; so it was debated as to if the heavy metals were the cause or if it was other effects.

I think it is wise to use caution when taking Kava but I also don't think the issue is nearly as worrisome as some people make it out to be. Kava has been sold as a supplement since at least back in the 90's and the instances of liver related side effects are extremely low statistically for how many bottles have been used.

Bigmatt57

Bigmatt57

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Hey y’all! Just wanted to let you know lately I’ve been using a Delta-8 Thc vape pen at night and been loving it! If you don’t know what Delta-8 is, it is essentially legal diet weed, it’s sold at vape shops near me. I hate actually being high however, I take a couple hits of the pen, and I get relaxed and that heavy eyes and face feeling. I buy a pen for like 30$ and lasts me like a month cause I just take a few hits. Definitely something to look into if your looking for a “solid wind down supplement” like the thread states and it’s very cost effective!

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Hey y’all! Just wanted to let you know lately I’ve been using a Delta-8 Thc vape pen at night and been loving it! If you don’t know what Delta-8 is, it is essentially legal diet weed, it’s sold at vape shops near me. I hate actually being high however, I take a couple hits of the pen, and I get relaxed and that heavy eyes and face feeling. I buy a pen for like 30$ and lasts me like a month cause I just take a few hits. Definitely something to look into if your looking for a “solid wind down supplement” like the thread states and it’s very cost effective!
Il check that out, on a side note for anyone who doesn't buy their weed from the dispensary and is getting it off the street, there's been 12 overdoses in Connecticut from weed laced with fentanyl. Watch out

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I tried getting into kava. got a bag, powder, learned to kneed it into water. one time my tongue lost feeling for a few days. I think I made it too strong

CasperKValentine

CasperKValentine

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Told you it was a little different. I'm glad you found something that works out for you!!

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Il check that out, on a side note for anyone who doesn't buy their weed from the dispensary and is getting it off the street, there's been 12 overdoses in Connecticut from weed laced with fentanyl. Watch out
Wow, that is absolutely fukked! I’m on the east coast, thanks for the tip….Dispensary prices are ridiculous but my friend swears by the quality…I haven’t been able to justify the cost of the med card, and the disp. prices…but maybe it’s getting closer to that time

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Wow, that is absolutely fukked! I’m on the east coast, thanks for the tip….Dispensary prices are ridiculous but my friend swears by the quality…I haven’t been able to justify the cost of the med card, and the disp. prices…but maybe it’s getting closer to that time
I can't remember where I found the actual article, I think it was the day paper but someone sent me this too

Attachments

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
If your into gummies. I have a guy that will be able to legally ship very soon.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yikes. That is super messed up and we're hearing about this more frequently.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
My friend just hooked me up with cannabis syrup actually ... from a dispensary of course. I'm a bit nervous to try it 😂. Don't even know how much I'd use . The bottle says 1000mg lmao

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
My friend just hooked me up with cannabis syrup actually ... from a dispensary of course. I'm a bit nervous to try it 😂. Don't even know how much I'd use . The bottle says 1000mg lmao
Find out how much per serving and start with 10mg, or **** it just make a whole bunch of pancakes and start adding syrup, the higher you get the more pancakes you eat 🤷

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Find out how much per serving and start with 10mg, or **** it just make a whole bunch of pancakes and start adding syrup, the higher you get the more pancakes you eat 🤷
Should save it for thanksgiving lol. I've actually never got munchies when I have used mj in the past. It actually makes my taste buds numb + anxiety, but that was longgggg ago and havent tried edible

Bigmatt57

Bigmatt57

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Wow that’s actually really surprising to hear, as weed is already really cheap. Almost like lacing test with tren .I know dispensaries around me will have 50$ ounce Wednesdays.

Bigmatt57

Bigmatt57

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Should save it for thanksgiving lol. I've actually never got munchies when I have used mj in the past. It actually makes my taste buds numb + anxiety, but that was longgggg ago and havent tried edible
Just to warn ya typically edibles hit ya a lot harder than smoking! So if you didn’t have a good experience smoking definitely start with a low dose on the edibles or you may be in for a rough ride.