Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I tend to do mine very strict most of the time but I was a lot younger when I did that and just don't remember if there was any leg involvement. The last time I went heavy on strict standing shoulder press was a few years ago and I got 205x3 which I was very happy with. Not sure where I am on that now or if I will ever attempt to go that close to my 1RM again on an overhead movement.
I am not young, lol...but I can't seem to help wanting to use legs to help throw it up...much simpler to just sit!!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I am not young, lol...but I can't seem to help wanting to use legs to help throw it up...much simpler to just sit!!!
Yeah, that is the natural athlete in you. Your body wants to do movements in the most efficient way possible. Takes a lot of self reminding to not go with that when it is your natural inclination. When i was young the weight would have been the goal which is why there is a decent chance I may have used a little leg spring action.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, that is the natural athlete in you. Your body wants to do movements in the most efficient way possible. Takes a lot of self reminding to not go with that when it is your natural inclination. When i was young the weight would have been the goal which is why there is a decent chance I may have used a little leg spring action.
old habits are hard to break, my friend....I just decided a long time ago to just go with sitting...kiss=keep it simple stupid, lol.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
I tend to do mine very strict most of the time but I was a lot younger when I did that and just don't remember if there was any leg involvement. The last time I went heavy on strict standing shoulder press was a few years ago and I got 205x3 which I was very happy with. Not sure where I am on that now or if I will ever attempt to go that close to my 1RM again on an overhead movement.
its just a shoulder, you have 2 lol

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
just like the heart....oh wait!!!!:scared:
bionics-

didnt you hear trump will be investing that
[video=youtube;EoKwX5fLJ5E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoKwX5fLJ5E[/video]

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
bionics-

didnt you hear trump will be investing that
[video=youtube;EoKwX5fLJ5E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoKwX5fLJ5E[/video]
but he doesn't want to spend a lot of money, lol.

Sparkss

Sparkss

Awards
  • Established
Rotator cuff tear/repair make military presses difficult. I lost almost all outward scapula rotation, which is weird since most lost inner rotation. Basically I can't strike the "double bicep flex" pose, since my right arm/shoulder won't move up into that position. But I still do presses, just seated, with dumbbells palms facing in, elbows a little forward of my shoulders and not overly heavy weights. That is the only motion range I can manage. Trying to get back into PT to increase that range, but it is a rough journey, and I am no spring chicken (will be 50 next year *eeek*).

Thanks Smith for the awesome log. I have been considering a Sparta PH product for a while now. Any issues with shedding/hair loss? You mentioned no real sides to speak of, but that is a specific concern of mine :).

Thanks again!

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Rotator cuff tear/repair make military presses difficult. I lost almost all outward scapula rotation, which is weird since most lost inner rotation. Basically I can't strike the "double bicep flex" pose, since my right arm/shoulder won't move up into that position. But I still do presses, just seated, with dumbbells palms facing in, elbows a little forward of my shoulders and not overly heavy weights. That is the only motion range I can manage. Trying to get back into PT to increase that range, but it is a rough journey, and I am no spring chicken (will be 50 next year *eeek*).

Thanks Smith for the awesome log. I have been considering a Sparta PH product for a while now. Any issues with shedding/hair loss? You mentioned no real sides to speak of, but that is a specific concern of mine :).

Thanks again!
anytime bro-

no bloat, hair loss, headache, diarrhea, cramps or cramping, back pumps ( i did fist bump a lot). hunger was up then was normal then increased and was at different times of the day- ex 1 week it was between 1330 1430 and then the next week more in the morning. then it was at night! I have no idea wtf that was about lol but it was a growing thing I guess.

all in all, solid product. Lots of good help from the guys and others on the forum with suggestions on routines and diet. I hope this helps and if you need anything else, please just ask

Sparkss

Sparkss

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the fast response and all of the great info!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
anytime bro-

no bloat, hair loss, headache, diarrhea, cramps or cramping, back pumps ( i did fist bump a lot). hunger was up then was normal then increased and was at different times of the day- ex 1 week it was between 1330 1430 and then the next week more in the morning. then it was at night! I have no idea wtf that was about lol but it was a growing thing I guess.

all in all, solid product. Lots of good help from the guys and others on the forum with suggestions on routines and diet. I hope this helps and if you need anything else, please just ask
nice detail.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yah all the logs are very consistent. Solid products, I could kind of tell with the attention to detail on the formulation.