Sleep Help

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Dream-N-Grow was my favorite before I tried OL AMNES1A. It may take some time to adjust to any product containing melatonin at first, but my sleep has definitely improved since utilizing AMNES1A.

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dream-N-Grow was my favorite before I tried OL AMNES1A. It may take some time to adjust to any product containing melatonin at first, but my sleep has definitely improved since utilizing AMNES1A.
Doesn't prolonged melatonin use cause dependancy?

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Have you considered trying melatonin ? It’s helped me in the past. I like to take 10 mg 1 hour before bed. No more than 10mg or you’ll just waste your time and money speeding up a tolerance build up.
Melatonin leaves me really groggy in the morning

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I've been an insomniac since I was 18.
I get prescribed two pills for sleep, quetiapine and phenergan (promethazine). You could try these if the below doesn't work.

I find having some Olympus Labs amnesia and some 'sleep tea' (search for it on Amazon and take your pick) an hour before bed really helps.
If you're not on any mood or anxiety medication then you could also buy some pure tryptophan and take some of that with the amnesia and tea

Cordeen

Awards
  • Established
Magnesium Biglysinate
Zinc
Sensoril
Primavie
Dopa mucuna
Gaba

And a good supp is Growth Factor Xt. Stuff is incredible.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Slims are you taking phenibut every night before bed?

I ask because Phenibut needs to be limited to two times a week or less. Even then I may have noticed some back bounce a day or two after. Been over three months since I used any Phenibut, and like a year before that. Back in 2007 I use to use it 1-2 times a week for at least a month I think. Not anymore though.

I tried taking smaller doses before bed when it was in MST old Somnidren Gh formula and it worked but I felt groggy upon awaking everyday . MSt has a new Somnidren-Gh Ultra formula, that has removed the phenibut . here a link to the ingredients https://millenniumsport.net/files/7713/9249/6147/Somnidren-GH_ULTRA_110_V-Caps_Fact_Panel.jpg I wouldn't use this no more than 4-8 weeks.

One thing that got me thinking is you said you wake up after going to sleep, and that may be because blood sugar levels are high. Taking a spoonful or apple cider vinegar with your last meal can help lower blood sugar levels and cause them not to spike as much. Its worth a shot,haha:yup:

Putting supplements aside because they have their place, Meditation first thing in the morning, and me focusing on being a more authentic, clamer, peaceful forgiving, loving person has helped keep stress levels in check so I recommend some guided meditations like this channel; puts out https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCu_mPlZbomAgNzfAUElRL7w

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Slims are you taking phenibut every night before bed?

I ask because Phenibut needs to be limited to two times a week or less.

One thing that got me thinking is you said you wake up after going to sleep, and that may be because blood sugar levels are high.

Putting supplements aside because they have their place, Meditation first thing in the morning, and me focusing on being a more authentic, clamer, peaceful forgiving, loving person has helped keep stress levels in check so I recommend some guided meditations like this channel; puts out https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCu_mPlZbomAgNzfAUElRL7w
I'm not taking it every night because of the phenibut, as I know it can become addictive.
My blood sugar levels seem to be fine and stable, at least upon waking. I don't consume any carbs from about three hours before bed, I don't actually take many carbs at all.
Meditation sounds like a good idea, and maybe I'll give it a try someday, but at the moment it's just not viable in terms of time or space.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm not taking it every night because of the phenibut, as I know it can become addictive.
My blood sugar levels seem to be fine and stable, at least upon waking. I don't consume any carbs from about three hours before bed, I don't actually take many carbs at all.
Meditation sounds like a good idea, and maybe I'll give it a try someday, but at the moment it's just not viable in terms of time or space.
When i dont have the place to myself I download ones I think I will get the most benefit out of,tin my mp3 player and upon awaking sit in bed and do it, helps tremendously

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
When i dont have the place to myself I download ones I think I will get the most benefit out of,tin my mp3 player and upon awaking sit in bed and do it, helps tremendously
There's 7 people in my house, having the place to myself or getting any peace and quiet is a very rare occasion. I appreciate the advice though

berazzled

berazzled

Awards
  • Established
All these supps are overpriced crap! Get roids build muscle! Drink 2 beers before bed! Money well spent

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
All these supps are overpriced crap! Get roids build muscle! Drink 2 beers before bed! Money well spent
Such an immature response... Get roids build muscle! Jerk off before bed! Money saved.

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hypnos is the answer
Knocks me out and gives me the most lucid dreams ever

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
How about OL's Amnes1a, i did like Hypnos before and around 2 grams of Phenibut but how is Olympus Labs one in comparison?

MedRat

Awards
  • First Up Vote
L-Tryptophan is a supplement for sleep. I didn't see it mentioned, Only melatonin and Benadryl.

Limit screen time from phones and tablets. They emit a blue light which will keep you up.

Try to reduce heat, light, and noise. Someone mentioned magnesium oxide. This isn't the one to use. It has a bioavailability of only 4%. There are many types of Magnesium. I don't remember which one was good for sleep. A google search should return the correct results. Roughly 80% of the U.S. population is magnesium deficient.

I would avoid prescription sleep aids. They can have a myriad number of detrimental effects. New research indicates they can wreak havoc on the bodies neurotransmitters.

jaredmus

jaredmus

Awards
Just finished a tub of CORE ZZZ the original version worked a bit better. Looking for something new. Few people I know used morphorem , and BSL product seems to get a lot of hype. I work midnights and sleep during the day..not normal so sleep is super hard for me

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
BSL product seems to get a lot of hype. I work midnights and sleep during the day..not normal so sleep is super hard for me
Then I recommend Anesthetized, it's been a life changer

saderboy80

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
L-Tryptophan is a supplement for sleep. I didn't see it mentioned, Only melatonin and Benadryl.

Limit screen time from phones and tablets. They emit a blue light which will keep you up.

Try to reduce heat, light, and noise. Someone mentioned magnesium oxide. This isn't the one to use. It has a bioavailability of only 4%. There are many types of Magnesium. I don't remember which one was good for sleep. A google search should return the correct results. Roughly 80% of the U.S. population is magnesium deficient.

I would avoid prescription sleep aids. They can have a myriad number of detrimental effects. New research indicates they can wreak havoc on the bodies neurotransmitters.
Any recommendations for those of us that prescription sleep aids/melatonin/Benadryl haven’t worked?

Logray

Awards
  • Established
For me bluelight filter software for mobile/ computer and a filter glass to wear for two hours before sleep. 1pc 3mg melatonin tablet and 1g tryptophan 1 hour before with valeriana, and ashwaganda with dinner, then i go to bed right away.

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Any recommendations for those of us that prescription sleep aids/melatonin/Benadryl haven’t worked?
Ambien stopped working for me and Xanax and Valium don’t really help.
Quetiapine and phenergan (promethazine) do work tho and they don’t stop working

Logray

Awards
  • Established
Alprazolam works really well for me if needed, I dont know whats te legal status for that in the states. 0.25mg for start, but builds tolerance fast. I used to use 0.25 for a month then double it for a month up to 1mg. Then cycle off it at least for a week, and return to 0.25.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
For me bluelight filter software for mobile/ computer and a filter glass to wear for two hours before sleep. 1pc 3mg melatonin tablet and 1g tryptophan 1 hour before with valeriana, and ashwaganda with dinner, then i go to bed right away.
This is very interesting to me. I know bluelight is supposed to really impact sleep but I didn't know about filter software... I personally notice that when I don't watch TV or spend time on any devices I sleep much better and fall asleep as soon as I hit the bed. The nights I lay down and watch tv before bed or do computer work, i have a lot more issues.

Logray

Awards
  • Established
This is very interesting to me. I know bluelight is supposed to really impact sleep but I didn't know about filter software... I personally notice that when I don't watch TV or spend time on any devices I sleep much better and fall asleep as soon as I hit the bed. The nights I lay down and watch tv before bed or do computer work, i have a lot more issues.
I use f.lux on pc for that, my mobile has built in filter (s8)
Edit: also a good bluelight filter glass from ali/ebay around 9 bucks is amazing.

saderboy80

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ambien stopped working for me and Xanax and Valium don’t really help.
Quetiapine and phenergan (promethazine) do work tho and they don’t stop working
I’m on ambien, Xanax and quetiapine as well as Belsomra, gabapentin and melatonin

saderboy80

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Alprazolam works really well for me if needed, I dont know whats te legal status for that in the states. 0.25mg for start, but builds tolerance fast. I used to use 0.25 for a month then double it for a month up to 1mg. Then cycle off it at least for a week, and return to 0.25.
I’m already on alprazolam, ambien, queitiapine, gabapentin, Belsomra and melatonin

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I’m on ambien, Xanax and quetiapine as well as Belsomra, gabapentin and melatonin
Does that work for you?
I'm not sure what belsomran and gabapentin do but if that combo is unreliable then I'd recommend switching the Ambien and Xanax out for phenergan (promethazine) and giving that a go.
Ambien and Xanax are both widely known to stop working after a while and are also addictive

saderboy80

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Does that work for you?
I'm not sure what belsomran and gabapentin do but if that combo is unreliable then I'd recommend switching the Ambien and Xanax out for phenergan (promethazine) and giving that a go.
Ambien and Xanax are both widely known to stop working after a while and are also addictive
Honestly the combination of all those meds still doesn’t put me to sleep.

Belsomra is a med for sleep as well.
Gabapentin is an anti-seizure med with off label uses as an anxiolytic and induces sleepiness.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Training hard and intense wears my body out which leads to better sleep

I used phenibut the other night in three months and that worked well. I say for phenibut at least once a week or less

Ynn3kc1

Ynn3kc1

Awards
  • Established
Does that work for you?
Just jumping in here, if you can help it, stay away from the benzos, I started with xanax for Generalized anxiety, doc started me on 3 2mgs a day. At first I only took it every now and then. But after a few weeks of taking it more often, I decided I didn't feel like I needed it one day, and had two seizures that day. Months later, I ran out like a day before my refill and boom another seizure. My doc switched me to klonopin which has a longer half life but I still can't miss a dose. Just a warning, it doesn't happen to everyone, but I had never had a seizure before in my life. And I just don't trust sleeping scripts. But I was prescribed trazodone for a month once. It worked ok from what I remember. I just didn't want to be on another script.

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

Gabapentin is an anti-seizure med with off label uses as an anxiolytic and induces sleepiness.
If I were you I’d speak to my doctor about how that combination isn’t working and request to try
25mg phenergan
200mg quetiapine
A night.
If you can’t sleep after half an hour of lying in bed then you could take another 100mg of quetiapine with 12.5mg of phenergan (promethazine). My doctor told me that 400mg of quetiapine a night’s ok, so if the above wasn’t enough for the first night then you can up the dose of quetiapine.
Atm I’m also taking some Olympus Labs amnesia before bed each day which helps but isn’t necessary and I mainly take it for better quality sleep. You could try adding that on if needed.

The worst case scenario would be that you won’t be able to get to sleep but that’s no worse.

These two meds were such a revelation for me. Before I was introduced to them I’d go three days without sleep at a time because the ambien and trazodone had stopped working and I just couldn’t sleep. Good luck dude

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Just jumping in here, if you can help it, stay away from the benzos, I started with xanax for Generalized anxiety, doc started me on 3 2mgs a day. At first I only took it every now and then. But after a few weeks of taking it more often, I decided I didn't feel like I needed it one day, and had two seizures that day. Months later, I ran out like a day before my refill and boom another seizure. My doc switched me to klonopin which has a longer half life but I still can't miss a dose. Just a warning, it doesn't happen to everyone, but I had never had a seizure before in my life. And I just don't trust sleeping scripts. But I was prescribed trazodone for a month once. It worked ok from what I remember. I just didn't want to be on another script.
That’s freaky.
I’ve met a few people who got addicted to Xanax then ended up ODing and in hospital. I try to avoid benzos myself, they’re not worth it. Lil Peep ODed too RIP

saderboy80

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If I were you I’d speak to my doctor about how that combination isn’t working and request to try
25mg phenergan
200mg quetiapine
A night.
If you can’t sleep after half an hour of lying in bed then you could take another 100mg of quetiapine with 12.5mg of phenergan (promethazine). My doctor told me that 400mg of quetiapine a night’s ok, so if the above wasn’t enough for the first night then you can up the dose of quetiapine.
Atm I’m also taking some Olympus Labs amnesia before bed each day which helps but isn’t necessary and I mainly take it for better quality sleep. You could try adding that on if needed.

The worst case scenario would be that you won’t be able to get to sleep but that’s no worse.

These two meds were such a revelation for me. Before I was introduced to them I’d go three days without sleep at a time because the ambien and trazodone had stopped working and I just couldn’t sleep. Good luck dude
I’m already on:
quetiapine 600mg
Xanax 1mg
Ambien ER 12.5mg
Belsomra 35mg
Gabapentin 800mg x3/day
Melatonin 10mg

I’ll ask my doctor about promethazine and order some OL amnesia.

Yeah I have good sleep hygiene and blue light filters but like you I can go multiple days without any sleep at all.

saderboy80

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Be careful of klonopin!! My old psychiatrist (not current) prescribed me klonopin 2mg x3/day and I started to get severe memory problems.

Currently I’m on Xanax and haven’t increased my dose in 9 months. I refuse to let my doc prescribe me a higher dose!

Ynn3kc1

Ynn3kc1

Awards
  • Established
Be careful of klonopin!! My old psychiatrist (not current) prescribed me klonopin 2mg x3/day and I started to get severe memory problems.

Currently I’m on Xanax and haven’t increased my dose in 9 months. I refuse to let my doc prescribe me a higher dose!
Well the reasoning for the switch was that it has anti-seizure properties, a longer half life which makes it a little safer in case I forget to take my dose on time, but yeah I eventually want to get off benzos completely, but now I'm concerned because of the seizure issue, xanax is great for panic attacks, but I have more generalized anxiety so even though they dont hit as hard, they keep me level for a longer amount of time. I used to really like valium, but now I feel as though I have to take 2 10mg vals to get the effect of just 1, 2mg kp or zan. My doctor did not stress enough the dangers of missing doses, I may be more sensitive then most but still, the first time it happened, I was at work, about to walk out to my car to drive to get lunch when out of nowhere boom I fell face down on the hard floor and came to covered in blood from my mouth, paramedics all around me, like 30 coworkers watching in the background, and I just had no idea what happened, could barely answer their questions, like someone just hit the reset button on my brain and stuff was slowly coming back as I started recognizing faces and where I was and could barely remember the whole morning. Luckily I didn't bust my teeth out, but my bottom teeth almost penetrated my bottom lip, and every time it has happened, I've bitten my tongue leaving a huge, swollen, bruised lump. All eventually healed but I was about to drive. I could have died or killed someone else. I had no warning signs, nose I can kind of tell the feeling, headaches and just real lethargic, jelly legs, etc. when I stop its going to be a lengthy dangerous process I hate to even think about.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I had a seizure many years ago while withdrawing from Xanax. Long story short, I was taken off it cold turkey by incompetent medical professionals..

I was subsequently placed on 2mg Klonopin a day....for the last 14 years. I have had no issues with it except I do think it has effected my memory in recent years. I am hopeful to be able to wean off of it in the near future. We shall see...

Ynn3kc1

Ynn3kc1

Awards
  • Established
I had a seizure many years ago while withdrawing from Xanax. Long story short, I was taken off it cold turkey by incompetent medical professionals..

I was subsequently placed on 2mg Klonopin a day....for the last 14 years. I have had no issues with it except I do think it has effected my memory in recent years. I am hopeful to be able to wean off of it in the near future. We shall see...
That is ridiculous! It is scary to think about coming off. I hope it works out well for both of us. I'd have to taper a long time and maybe they'll give me gabapentin or something better to at least avoid seizures. Good luck man, some of these docs just have no clue the trap they catch us in with how they prescribe such potentially dangerous drugs to people.

saderboy80

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well the reasoning for the switch was that it has anti-seizure properties, a longer half life which makes it a little safer in case I forget to take my dose on time, but yeah I eventually want to get off benzos completely, but now I'm concerned because of the seizure issue, xanax is great for panic attacks, but I have more generalized anxiety so even though they dont hit as hard, they keep me level for a longer amount of time. I used to really like valium, but now I feel as though I have to take 2 10mg vals to get the effect of just 1, 2mg kp or zan. My doctor did not stress enough the dangers of missing doses, I may be more sensitive then most but still, the first time it happened, I was at work, about to walk out to my car to drive to get lunch when out of nowhere boom I fell face down on the hard floor and came to covered in blood from my mouth, paramedics all around me, like 30 coworkers watching in the background, and I just had no idea what happened, could barely answer their questions, like someone just hit the reset button on my brain and stuff was slowly coming back as I started recognizing faces and where I was and could barely remember the whole morning. Luckily I didn't bust my teeth out, but my bottom teeth almost penetrated my bottom lip, and every time it has happened, I've bitten my tongue leaving a huge, swollen, bruised lump. All eventually healed but I was about to drive. I could have died or killed someone else. I had no warning signs, nose I can kind of tell the feeling, headaches and just real lethargic, jelly legs, etc. when I stop its going to be a lengthy dangerous process I hate to even think about.
Damn dude...
That is scary as ****!
I have generalized anxiety and panic disorder.
I would suggest gabapentin or buspirone for general anxiety.

saderboy80

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I agree there are a lot of incompetent psychiatrists out there! I have had 3 or 4 psychiatrists that should never have gotten their medical degree.

Good luck to you in the future. No psych meds should ever be stopped cold turkey.

Do you take benzos for anxiety or panic disorder?

saderboy80

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ricky10 Ynn3kc1 you guys should also try chlorpromazine or prazosin they are two off label anxiolytics

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I agree there are a lot of incompetent psychiatrists out there! I have had 3 or 4 psychiatrists that should never have gotten their medical degree.

Good luck to you in the future. No psych meds should ever be stopped cold turkey.

Do you take benzos for anxiety or panic disorder?
Yeah...u got that right. I was in a powerless position when I was taken off cold turkey, but they should have known better.
I take Klonopin now just because I have to in order to avoid withdrawal. That is all it does for me now..

Initially, the benzos were for extreme acute anxiety. It was something I had to work on getting through for over a year though..
Ricky10 Ynn3kc1 you guys should also try chlorpromazine or prazosin they are two off label anxiolytics
I will have to check those out. Thanks!

saderboy80

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah...u got that right. I was in a powerless position when I was taken off cold turkey, but they should have known better.
I take Klonopin now just because I have to in order to avoid withdrawal. That is all it does for me now..

Initially, the benzos were for extreme acute anxiety. It was something I had to work on getting through for over a year though..

I will have to check those out. Thanks!
Also gabapentin or buspirone. 1 of those 4 will hopefully work for you.

Richyp1980

Awards

Might just have to load up those plates and squat the Bulgarian method!
No need to rattle like a pill box when you can knock yourself out naturally plus put on some impressive legs this way :)

saderboy80

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Might just have to load up those plates and squat the Bulgarian method!
No need to rattle like a pill box when you can knock yourself out naturally plus put on some impressive legs this way :)
Not gonna lie I had to look up this method! I’ve never heard of the Bulgarian method before. So from what I understand you lift 8hrs per day right?

Thor Bara

Thor Bara

Awards
Haven't been sleeping to well lately, which is really wearing me out and hindering progress. I've tried a lot of the self help stuff, like breathing techniques, cutting off screen use an hour or so before bed etc, but nothing has helped so far.
I'm looking for sleep supp recommendations and opinions/experiences with herbals, such as Valerian Root extracts.
I really like Amnes1a from OL.

BamBam54

BamBam54

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I've had sleep problems for years, its a horrible quality of life! Coffee, red bulls, mio energy, 5 hrs, etc can only get you so far.

Sleep docs push the apnea thing. It's ridiculous for most people, as if after thousands of years mankind suddenly needs this special air pump to live. Fighting air leaks night from the mask and straps made my sleep even worse. Got retested at a sleep center, and no apnea. Blood oxg levels fine. Still tossing and turning all night long, though. I think it's just joint pain from 50+ rough years.

Hunting trail cameras really show you how restless sleep can be. It's like a monster movie fighting invisible zombies all night long. 1mg melatonin gets me to sleep fine. I just can't stay asleep well. And I don't get quality rest, waking up exhausted.

Sleep doc prescribed 600mg gabapentin. Helps, but regular use makes me groggy in a way I don't like. Shuffling feet like the walking dead. I try to stay off that. Advil-PM and benadryl are of limited use. Gin and Tonic not much better AND you have to wake up and piss!

Just started using this SNS Growth Factor XT. I think I really like it (4 pills before bed). I'll have to run the trail camera a few nights to "see" if sleep looks any better, but I am definitely dreaming far more than I can ever remember. Some deep sleep drooling too! The chunks of sleep I get are much better quality. Highly recommend these growth factor pills!

Garyboy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Get a sleep study done. You may need a CPAP. it’s been a game-changer for many. Uvex blue light blocking glasses before bed will also help. Good luck.