Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
W11D3

SSB parallel speed box squat vs purple bands, >90 sec rest:
160x3
212x5x5

Cons speed deads off pin 2 vs red minis quad’d, standing in 3” mat, TD bar, >60 sec rest, hooker grabber:
225x3x8

Quicky

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
How you liking the 5s for dynamic squat? We ran them for frontsquat vs chain a while back in summer to save time before the main lift of the day and boy did they push conditioning.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
How you liking the 5s for dynamic squat? We ran them for frontsquat vs chain a while back in summer to save time before the main lift of the day and boy did they push conditioning.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
They are a great change of pace, I hear ya there on the conditioning aspect. Burns so good

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
W12D1

Straight high bar squat to parallel box, Texas power bar, grip of the Phoenix:
135x3
225x3
315x3
365x1
407x1 belt
427x1 belt
447x1 belt
457x1 belt
467x1 belt PR

Camber bar GM’s:
155x5
245x5
335x5 belt
385x5 belt
407x5 belt

Seated banded hammy curls, green rogue band:
10x4

Reverse hyper:
+50x20x2

Hanging abs:

IMG_5834.JPG

Irish whisky ammonia all day.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Skull Smash is honestly a pretty good brand. Similar to Nose Tork but without the leaking lid.

Never use Ahhhhh!

That stuff melted my brain and smells awful. Never had any ammonia truly mess me up before that.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Skull Smash is honestly a pretty good brand. Similar to Nose Tork but without the leaking lid.

Never use Ahhhhh!

That stuff melted my brain and smells awful. Never had any ammonia truly mess me up before that.
Nosetork has been my go to, until now. Yeah that leaking lid was bad, turns the whole outside of the bottle into a sinister looking crystallized mess. I haven’t heard of Ahhhhh but I will not use it lol.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nosetork has been my go to, until now. Yeah that leaking lid was bad, turns the whole outside of the bottle into a sinister looking crystallized mess. I haven’t heard of Ahhhhh but I will not use it lol.
I used "Wake Up Mother Fucker" and loved it but don't have a ton of experience with others. Only used ammonia about 3 other times besides that one I got but have no idea what the names were.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I used "Wake Up Mother Fucker" and loved it but don't have a ton of experience with others. Only used ammonia about 3 other times besides that one I got but have no idea what the names were.
That’s a solid product too, would use that again for sure.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
First time I Bought a bottle of ammonia I was actually racking it up. Burned my nose pretty bad.

Never tried anything other than the stuff I get from Harris. It does the trick, but I suspect it's not as strong as some of the better known brands.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
W12D2
My gym was closed when I showed up all jacked up on Mountain Dew. I’m guessing there was an emergency? Had to race to a commercial gym for a day pass. I miss my gym, more and more throughout this session.

Floor press, straight bar, the “power racks” here had no way to set up the bar in proper position for liftoff. Liftoff taking place at Halfway point, so each rep actually begins like a half point pin press before beginning floor press. Annoying but whatever, variation yes?
135x3
225x3
315x1
365x1x4
385x1

45° incline bench:
225x6x3
185x6

Decline DB extensions:
40’sX16,16

Incline DB flys:
45’sX10
40’sX10
35’sX10

Front plate raise:
10x3

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
W12D2
My gym was closed when I showed up all jacked up on Mountain Dew. I’m guessing there was an emergency? Had to race to a commercial gym for a day pass. I miss my gym, more and more throughout this session.

Floor press, straight bar, the “power racks” here had no way to set up the bar in proper position for liftoff. Liftoff taking place at Halfway point, so each rep actually begins like a half point pin press before beginning floor press. Annoying but whatever, variation yes?
Just call that lift off a full rep like you used to count the full chained weight on the lift before and call it a good day! ;)

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Just call that lift off a full rep like you used to count the full chained weight on the lift before and call it a good day! ;)
Says the guy who can't lift for crap right now, and has never been quite as strong as you... LOL

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ima do the maths for all the half reps and tally it up
I wish it wasn’t so today I had big plans for a floor press PR. Oh well, I made the most out of it with the time I had. Some days you’re the dog, some days you’re the hydrant.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Says the guy who can't lift for crap right now, and has never been quite as strong as you... LOL
Well I’ve never been as cut up as you with all those striations and swoleness! It’ll come back fast kleen. I remember that New Years challenge last year. You blew the doors off everyone!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Well I’ve never been as cut up as you with all those striations and swoleness! It’ll come back fast kleen. I remember that New Years challenge last year. You blew the doors off everyone!
Thanks, hoping I get that log, if not might run a quick oral cycle to get back faster but would just hate to run a cycle while dealing with the injury feels like I would not be making the most of it. Then again, I think it was @Hyde who recently said a cycle helps recover from injury better too. Just not sure if that applies to a darn nerve impingement.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I wish it wasn’t so today I had big plans for a floor press PR. Oh well, I made the most out of it with the time I had. Some days you’re the dog, some days you’re the hydrant.
Well, I ‘spose I’d rather be pissed off than pissed on!

Thanks, hoping I get that log, if not might run a quick oral cycle to get back faster but would just hate to run a cycle while dealing with the injury feels like I would not be making the most of it. Then again, I think it was @Hyde who recently said a cycle helps recover from injury better too. Just not sure if that applies to a darn nerve impingement.
Not for impingements; looking at elevated RBC improving tissue repair. I would say my spring cycle was basically to get in better shape for my wedding and get back 90% or more of what I had lost. It was my fall cycle that I was finally able to achieve new territory again.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Not for impingements; looking at elevated RBC improving tissue repair. I would say my spring cycle was basically to get in better shape for my wedding and get back 90% or more of what I had lost. It was my fall cycle that I was finally able to achieve new territory again.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Yeah, I figured it wouldn't help with that. Not like I can't lift though, just worried about being on and pushing too hard and making the situation worse.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Crap, I swore uspa was 2. Just looked again it’s 2.5. I’ll call tomorrow and remedy

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
2.5 is the standard. USAPL/IPF is only 2m and the feds with looser standards/multiply/monolift love usually allow 3m.
Good eye and thanks for lookin out. Called them first thing this morn and got the 2.5’s. I owe you an all inclusive trip to pizza ranch one day :)

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good eye and thanks for lookin out. Called them first thing this morn and got the 2.5’s. I owe you an all inclusive trip to pizza ranch one day :)
Be careful, one day I may come to collect

From someone just getting into wrapping, I have been very satisfied with my Cerberus Elite 2.5m wraps. I definitely would not want them any shorter. And 3m would get to be tedious; would definitely have to do an X pattern and go back down to use up that much material. I really don’t have enough material to do an X now, maybe if I had a wrap pre-roller device or someone strong wrapping me instead of a self-wrap, but Swede says none of his athletes do that and he has coached a lot of huge totals, so I just wrap from the bottom to the top like they do and it’s been solid so far.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
W13D1

*Sled push and drag back warms
*hip band movements
*goblet squats/split squats

SSB narrow stance low box squat vs purple avg bands choked:
70x5
160x5
250x3
340x1
392x1 belt
412x1 belt *PR*

Camber bar GM’s:
155x5 slow
245x5
335x5
425x5

Ended up talking with the gym owner for an hour and lost track of time. Had to race out to get to work. But good things for sure. Funny the similarities people have...

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Still some heavy weights getting tossed around despite the hour delay.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
W13D1

*Sled push and drag back warms
*hip band movements
*goblet squats/split squats

SSB narrow stance low box squat vs purple avg bands choked:
70x5
160x5
250x3
340x1
392x1 belt
412x1 belt *PR*

Camber bar GM’s:
155x5 slow
245x5
335x5
425x5

Ended up talking with the gym owner for an hour and lost track of time. Had to race out to get to work. But good things for sure. Funny the similarities people have...

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Uh oh.....my man did the same workout twice today!!!
Must really like that gym owner too, 2-
1 hour conversations.......
👍🤔💪

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
W13D2

Bench vs purple light bands doubled, all paused, power bar:
45x3
135x2
225x1
245x1
257x1
No spotter available and this is a tough lift solo. Left it at this for today.

Seated ohp from pins at chin level, power bar:
135x8
185x8
157x8
135x8

Ez bar skull crushers:
75x8
125x8x3 sets

Chest support row, Swiss bar widest grip:
150x10
200x10
220x10
170x10

Light band face pulls:
10x4

Db hammer curls:
40’sX20 (ten per side)
30’sX20
25’sX20
20’sX20

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
So many bands... so little time!

@Hyde, I had a strong guy wrap me once. My 6'3 340 buddy, he got carried away and I ended up with a bruised quad tendon... I stuck to self wrapping after that.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So many bands... so little time!

@Hyde, I had a strong guy wrap me once. My 6'3 340 buddy, he got carried away and I ended up with a bruised quad tendon... I stuck to self wrapping after that.
I’m just a band groupie giving handy J’s out in the back alley

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I’m just a band groupie giving handy J’s out in the back alley
I'm just jealous... I got the Mountain Dog Band pack from Elite FTS and haven't managed to get any more since...

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Westside has the whole package 50% off a week or so ago. I got a few more minis as they needed replaced from normal wear and tear. Might be worth looking into

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Just checked now, still huge sale 38-50% off. You buy, YOU BUY NOW!!!!!
Heading that way to check on the prices. Might get a pack or just a few to go with what I already have. Thanks!