SkRaw85 Training Log

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Today’s workout is GPP. We are moving the gym to a different warehouse. Everything must go. Farmer walks all day. I’ll have to go to my old gym for about a week while we get situated.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Annnnnnnnd I caught the plague. Probably wuhan coronavirus. No biggie. Ceasing training for a few days.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Annnnnnnnd I caught the plague. Probably wuhan coronavirus. No biggie. Ceasing training for a few days.
Rest up. Stay hydrated and bomb that vitamin C and fresh-brewed green tea. Also, the Glutamine Kleen recommended absolutely helped me kick my bug, finally.

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just got over it, sun-Friday. Vit c , magnesium, green tea, chicken broth and rest.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Rest up. Stay hydrated and bomb that vitamin C and fresh-brewed green tea. Also, the Glutamine Kleen recommended absolutely helped me kick my bug, finally.
I’ve been mega dosing vitamin c and colloidal silver. Last night was the hottest fever I’ve ever experienced. My brain felt like it was boiling and simultaneously, my body was freezing. Worst sleep ever. I used to take glutamine daily. I should probably resume that trend for how cheap it is.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Oh crap that sucks. Once it gets the lungs like that...

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Oh crap that sucks. Once it gets the lungs like that...
True that. Glad it’s not full blown pnemonia. Doc said it’s close. I’ve never had such painful coughs so it scared me into going in.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks Benny. I hope too, the worst part is losing gains made recently. Depressing.
Most likely that is due to feeling like ass. Not going to lose ground that quickly... Maybe a lil CNS, and stuff from being sick, but all easily brought back into play.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
True that. Glad it’s not full blown pnemonia. Doc said it’s close. I’ve never had such painful coughs so it scared me into going in.
Yeah man that is why once it gets in my lungs I don't f with it. I got so bad once because I go into asthmatic bronchitis attacks I missed 2 weeks of work and 6 weeks of gym time from messing up my lungs from it. I don't play anymore. Lungs are jacked, start on inhaler immediately and call doctor. About the only thing besides the flu I go straight to the doctor about now.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah man that is why once it gets in my lungs I don't f with it. I got so bad once because I go into asthmatic bronchitis attacks I missed 2 weeks of work and 6 weeks of gym time from messing up my lungs from it. I don't play anymore. Lungs are jacked, start on inhaler immediately and call doctor. About the only thing besides the flu I go straight to the doctor about now.
Ouch! Yeah that’s scary. I’ve never had any lung inflammation before and it felt like a knife jabbing in when I have to cough, and coughing up nasty goo I must. Not trying to create any scar tissue in me breathers anytime soon.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Most likely that is due to feeling like ass. Not going to lose ground that quickly... Maybe a lil CNS, and stuff from being sick, but all easily brought back into play.
This. Especially since you train concurrently, you lose exactly zero periodization and because loading is auto regulated you will get back up to speed literally as fast as any program could be possible. There are no arbitrary percentages or week plans to satisfy. You just start lifting again.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
This. Especially since you train concurrently, you lose exactly zero periodization and because loading is auto regulated you will get back up to speed literally as fast as any program could be possible. There are no arbitrary percentages or week plans to satisfy. You just start lifting again.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Those lungs are no joke eh? Break back in slow or you might bring the choking cough back up with too much effort. Even the pressure created from the valsalva maneuver when bracing can be a lot on the lungs if they were really inflamed.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Those lungs are no joke eh? Break back in slow or you might bring the choking cough back up with too much effort. Even the pressure created from the valsalva maneuver when bracing can be a lot on the lungs if they were really inflamed.
Totally agree. Also a side effect of prednisone is weaker muscle/tendon strength. I’m thinking a bunch of band work and hypertrophy sets for a week or two to get blood circulating again.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just being on prednisone for a week shouldnt decrease your tendon strength. Thats more of a chronic use thing. Glad youre feeling better.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Just being on prednisone for a week shouldnt decrease your tendon strength. Thats more of a chronic use thing. Glad youre feeling better.
Was thinking the same thing and probably with strength decreases as well since cortico-steroids are catabolic, unless it is CNS based strength loss it would probably take a bit longer to drop muscle tissue enough to really kill strength, especially if calories were kept up.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thursday
Day of reckoning. Feel like a rusted out tin man who smoked a pack a day for 40 years. Joints a creaking, strength endurance shot and weighing in at a measly 215 lol. Time to buuuuuuurn!!!! Weak and smole, must get swole.

Db tomahawks:
20x20 per arm
30x20 lateral

Cable lat pullover:
80x10x2

Flat bench:
45x10
135x5 CG, paused
225x5 paused
275x3 paused
315x2x2 paused
335x1 tng

Dirty 30’s, ez bar:
50x1 set
60x2 sets

Db Williams ext:
30’sX10x2
25’sX10

Seated DB Ahrens press:
40’sX10
45’sX10

Db alt hammer curls:
40’sX30 (15 per arm alternating)
30’sX20
20’sX20

Rope tri push downs:
80x10
65x10

Front plate raise:
10x3

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Was thinking the same thing and probably with strength decreases as well since cortico-steroids are catabolic, unless it is CNS based strength loss it would probably take a bit longer to drop muscle tissue enough to really kill strength, especially if calories were kept up.
Calories were not kept up

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Sunday
Yesterday I helped the father in law tear out insulation, run pex tubing for radiant floor heat and reinstall insulation in a 2’ high crawl space. Went against my better judgment and went to gym today. Fucking insulation, even with a mask that nasty **** gets everywhere. Felt like I was breathing through a straw and left gym before I ended up puking. This is all I got today.

Pendlay rows:
135x10x2

3” deficit deads, 1 sec paused at 3”, beltless, stiffbar, no chalk, no knurling on this bar, wet spaghetti:
225x8
315x5
405x5 hook
405x5 straps
425x3 straps
405x3,3,5,5 straps

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Sunday
Yesterday I helped the father in law tear out insulation, run pex tubing for radiant floor heat and reinstall insulation in a 2’ high crawl space. Went against my better judgment and went to gym today. Fucking insulation, even with a mask that nasty **** gets everywhere. Felt like I was breathing through a straw and left gym before I ended up puking. This is all I got today.

Pendlay rows:
135x10x2

3” deficit deads, 1 sec paused at 3”, beltless, stiffbar, no chalk, no knurling on this bar, wet spaghetti:
225x8
315x5
405x5 hook
405x5 straps
425x3 straps
405x3,3,5,5 straps
Yeah that **** is nasty!

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Seriously. Respect for you plumbers, I feel like I got thrown down a flight of stairs after crawling/rolling around in a crawl space for 10 hours.
Dude, 10hrs is a long time in that environment! I'd feel like I'd been thrown down a flight of stairs too!

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Dude, 10hrs is a long time in that environment! I'd feel like I'd been thrown down a flight of stairs too!
We just wanted to get it done and over with. I didn’t wanna get back in there today, no way! Going to the gym today was a mistake lol.

Sh1t....10 hours with your father n law gets my respect!!!!!
Thanks man! He’s got 22 years on me so I naturally took the worst part. Plus, I stick it to his daughter, I owe him some work!

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
We just wanted to get it done and over with. I didn’t wanna get back in there today, no way! Going to the gym today was a mistake lol.

Thanks man! He’s got 22 years on me so I naturally took the worst part. Plus, I stick it to his daughter, I owe him some work!
My father n law is in town now. I've been married to his daughter for 18 years. He knows, and she knows....I cant be around him for honestly 30 mins but can stretch it to an hour if need be.

I try, just to keep her happy. Him and I have had our rounds and rounds and rounds and rounds....

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
My father n law is in town now. I've been married to his daughter for 18 years. He knows, and she knows....I cant be around him for honestly 30 mins but can stretch it to an hour if need be.

I try, just to keep her happy. Him and I have had our rounds and rounds and rounds and rounds....
That’s rough. Ya can’t pick your family lol. There’s always at least one it seems....

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Tuesday
Monster push downs:

Seat cable row:
100x10x2

Speed bench vs monster minis doubled, vary grip each set, 30 sec max rest:
45x10
155x3x9

Db alt front raise:
40’sX20 (10 per arm)
45’sX14
35’sX14

Db French press:
90x20,12,8

Db hex press:
120x10
140xx10

Incline Db flys:
40’sX10x2
30’sX10

Incline alt hammer curls:
40’sX16
30’sX20x2

DB Rear delt fly’s:
20’sX10x2
15’sX10

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Good session to get back into things!
Thanks! Just doin what I can in these commercial gyms until my main is all put together. I’ve almost exhausted every free trial pass in this town lol.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thurs:

Ez reverse curl:
40x15 slow
50x10 slow
40x10 slow

Skwaats, straight bar:
45x10
135x10
225x10
315x5
335x3
315x5
275x5

Straight bar GM’s (diff stance per set):
135x10x3

Seat calf raise, vary stance:
185x10
275x10
295x10
275x10
235x15
185x18

Plate side bends:
20 (per side) x 3 sets

Kneel Cable crunch w/ 2 sec hold:
80x15
95x10x3

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Maybe so lol! But you in the left pic can squat 800. You on the right can only rep 225. Power belly!
Hell he had to squat 500 to get out of a chair there! You are one to punish yourself going into a crawl space after what you went through.

This X2!!!!!
My first wife's Dad was a World Record holding power lifter, and a total DBag criminal, drug and gun dealer that owned a totally nude bar. I thought I was quite the gigolo at the time, I was living off of one of his dancers then met his daughter bartending at the club and was living off of her for a while. Understandably he didn't like me at that point. Then we we ended up getting married. We almost came to blows several times and there was a time when he actually tried to pay some of his bouncers to have my legs broken. SOme of them liked me and warned me off about it. When I found out and went and got all up in his and the bouncers faces which could have demolished me I am sure... Massive guys 6' and built like Johnny Jackson off season... Not sure how nothing went down, other than me being 240 then and very angry... Then even after I got my crap together and took really good care of his daughter we always had that beef. He actually had an open offer to buy her a car and pay for a year of rent if she would leave me which after 7 years she ended up taking because she wanted to get back on drugs and I wanted to live a better life.

Current marriage, her Dad was a total loser to the point she ended up disowning him. He was an ex cop that got kicked off the force and put on probation for putting a gun to one of his officers heads... Once when our son was over there and called my wife saying he wanted to come home. He took the phone from him and threatened to choke the crap out of her and kick my ass if we even tried to come pick him up. I left work picked her up, went home and changed into some fight worthy clothing and went down to whip his ass and get my son. I told his wife to go get my son and he came to the door instead, and I begged him to come outside and get some. He wouldn't even come out the door. He was 5'10 and outweighed me by 30-40 lbs but knew I was gonna wreck him. Needless to say they sent my son out. She hasn't spoken to them in probably 10 years which was still a few years after that. We kept trying to give them a chance to be better people but in the end it was obvious that it was never going to happen. Lucky for me, and her she decided that she would be much better off without them causing her pain.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hell he had to squat 500 to get out of a chair there! You are one to punish yourself going into a crawl space after what you went through.

This X2!!!!!
My first wife's Dad was a World Record holding power lifter, and a total DBag criminal, drug and gun dealer that owned a totally nude bar. I thought I was quite the gigolo at the time, I was living off of one of his dancers then met his daughter bartending at the club and was living off of her for a while. Understandably he didn't like me at that point. Then we we ended up getting married. We almost came to blows several times and there was a time when he actually tried to pay some of his bouncers to have my legs broken. SOme of them liked me and warned me off about it. When I found out and went and got all up in his and the bouncers faces which could have demolished me I am sure... Massive guys 6' and built like Johnny Jackson off season... Not sure how nothing went down, other than me being 240 then and very angry... Then even after I got my crap together and took really good care of his daughter we always had that beef. He actually had an open offer to buy her a car and pay for a year of rent if she would leave me which after 7 years she ended up taking because she wanted to get back on drugs and I wanted to live a better life.

Current marriage, her Dad was a total loser to the point she ended up disowning him. He was an ex cop that got kicked off the force and put on probation for putting a gun to one of his officers heads... Once when our son was over there and called my wife saying he wanted to come home. He took the phone from him and threatened to choke the crap out of her and kick my ass if we even tried to come pick him up. I left work picked her up, went home and changed into some fight worthy clothing and went down to whip his ass and get my son. I told his wife to go get my son and he came to the door instead, and I begged him to come outside and get some. He wouldn't even come out the door. He was 5'10 and outweighed me by 30-40 lbs but knew I was gonna wreck him. Needless to say they sent my son out. She hasn't spoken to them in probably 10 years which was still a few years after that. We kept trying to give them a chance to be better people but in the end it was obvious that it was never going to happen. Lucky for me, and her she decided that she would be much better off without them causing her pain.
Damn Kleen, movie material right there. Fight worthy clothing is ripping shirt like Hulk Hogan yes?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Damn Kleen, movie material right there. Fight worthy clothing is ripping shirt like Hulk Hogan yes?
At least one that you damn sure don't care if it gets ripped off! I have had one ripped off of me while I had a guy in mount position with my legs hooked under him so they couldn't pull me off while I ground and pounded him. He sucker punched me after I was kind enough to catch him mid air and carry away from where he was about to stomp my buddy his friend was beating down. I told him that guy on the ground is my buddy, he started this alone and he is getting his ass whipped alone... you stay out of this like I am and let them handle it like men and we are cool. I put him down and walked away, he came up from behind 10 seconds later and sucker punched me from behind so I decked him, pinned him started pounding him. He grabbed my throat so I hooked my legs under him and started throwing downward elbows with the intention of breaking some ribs... I was lucky, and knew the cop working the place and he gave me a shirt and told me to go wipe the blood off my face and get out of there because if the other police showed up I was definitely going to jail and he couldn't help me. I broke 6 of his ribs, broke his orbital bone, and ruptured his ear drum. I didn't used to be a very nice person if you made me fight. I ran into him like 8 months later and he bought me a beer and apologized for sucker punching me, and told me what all I had broken. Had a permanent knot on his cheek bone from a calcium deposit that grew there. We actually became friends after that. Strange world ain't it? I have a lot of those stories from years of bouncing and just running the streets when I had some we will call them unresolved anger issues... That being said I am a completely different person now. Kids change a lot of things.

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

This X2!!!!!

When I get a minute I will def come back to this post.
Be honest @MrKleen73 did you get a lil heated when you were typing this?? I could feel it brother

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Here is my rant.
So I've known my father n law my whole life. My wife and I grew up 9 driveways apart. We were always friends but just hung out with different crowds. Her father had a good government job, but was a full blow 7 day a week alcoholic. Alchohol came first, divorced when my wife was 3. I'm talking spending holidays is the local bars and taking my wife with him as a young child.
We started young. I'm now 39 and have a 19 year old, my wife is 38. So at first everything was cool. We rented a house from him and starting raising our kids. I got some things in order and wanted to rent one of his bigger properties ( actually the house I live in now) . So we did. After 18 months he shows up and says you all have 30 days to get out. He wants to move back in. WTF?? So at this point i have a successful business and money isn't an issue. I'm 21 go buy a 300k home.
Well he doesnt move back in, he rents the house to a military family for top dollar. So I took that as a big fuk you to my family.

Now you have to realize he has been single almost 40 years with a drinking problem and with my wife being there for him, he pretty much sees my wife as his wife. He can commit murder and it would be okay through her eyes.

So then, he starts showing up at my house randomly. 3 bed room house with my family of 5 at that point. So he is just bumming at this point causing problems.

So I lost my business and my home. Wtf am I gonna do? I had enough cash stashed away to make some moves. I made a deal with the devil. I bought a con do in myrtle beach for him to get the fuk away and live in. Same time it's an investment. Then we move back into the bug house until I got thru my financial crisis and find a new job.

So that worked out good for the first 2 years, he stayed there and we maintained up here. I have since purchased the big house. Now is were the major issues occur.

He is back to popping up randomly, and when he does he still thinks the place is his. It's bad bad bad ****, he sits in a recliner all day drinking 12oz buds watching fox 5 news all day. Wont bathe, talks to everyone like dirt, control freak.

I have knocked him out ,twice in my front yard. So he knows at this point that the respect levels are at zero. My wife tries to give him a heads up when I'm gonna be home. It's pretty much if I'm home, he is secluded to the shanny outback until I go to sleep.

Hisnother daughter wont speak to him, my 3 kids can barely stand to be around him. His other 2 grandkids stay away. He has no one except my wife cause of his self inflicted problems. God bless her, because she is definitely daddy's lil girl. We have had all the real talks about the situation, she knows all his flaws but she also knows she is the only one he has. So in leave it alone as long as that fukker stays out of sight, it of mind for me. AND dont touch my ****!!!

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Friday

Db lat/front raise warms
15’sX20x2

Db shrug warms
50’sX2x2

Deb rear delt fly warms