SkRaw85 Training Log

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Ordered up some joint support XT by SNS. I’ve been slacking on the glucosamine dept lately and this ingredient profile looks like it slaps. Anybody using currently?
I'm about a week and a half in of using it in the cissus stack. I'd been using Animal Flex for years, went about 2.5 weeks without it, started hurting, then ordered this. It's been almost two weeks, I'd vouch that it's made a positive difference given that my usual aches and pains are subsiding. One caveat to that, I also threw in PEA relief.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Ordered up some joint support XT by SNS. I’ve been slacking on the glucosamine dept lately and this ingredient profile looks like it slaps. Anybody using currently?
I was running some sore joints last June after a very long experimental run of the dermacrine, ultra hard, epiandrolean, more epiandrolean etc etc. When I threw in the joint support XT with alpha gel my elbows got so healthy so fast I bought a 3 pack of joint xt to give to my dad, brother, and buddy who all had some painful golfers elbow...

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm about a week and a half in of using it in the cissus stack. I'd been using Animal Flex for years, went about 2.5 weeks without it, started hurting, then ordered this. It's been almost two weeks, I'd vouch that it's made a positive difference given that my usual aches and pains are subsiding. One caveat to that, I also threw in PEA relief.
Nice. I also used animal in the past and liked it. Glad to hear! Haven’t met an SNS product I didn’t like. Thanks for reminding me I’m due for some cissus dosing

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Not currently but got a full bottle of it + cissus XT in the cabinet! Tennis elbow or whatever it gets called that can flare up from time to time that stack knocks out 3-5days.

Adding DB hammer curls light weight for warmups 2-3 sets 30-50 reps seems to have really helped me plus I’m sure just getting stronger tendons etc. has made a difference maybe.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nice. I also used animal in the past and liked it. Glad to hear! Haven’t met an SNS product I didn’t like. Thanks for reminding me I’m due for some cissus dosing
The same here, as far as every SNS product that I’ve used works. And Joint Support XT is a Godsend for us old dudes.
Looks like everything is coming back smoothly…you’re putting in some impressive work. I was just reading over all the comments on the floor and board presses, and you and Hyde are bringing up some interesting points that I really didn’t know or think about. I may have been underestimating those all these years, and incorporating those periodically may be what the doctor ordered to work around my beat up shoulders.👍

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
2/22
W6D2
Lower

Mini band hip walks x 20

Single leg KB deadlift:
+50x10x2 sets per leg

GHR, weak ass puzzy partials, pause at 45°:

Reverse hyper:
+90x10
+180x10
+270x10
+320x10
+360x10

Plate loaded alternating iso glute kickbacks?:
+180x20
+270x20
+320x14x2 sets

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Looks like some kind of kickback like you said, works for me. The commercial gym here has a single-leg cable version of that - I always just called it “The Bikini Machine” because it’s a single-leg glute exercise all the ladies go for.

But it does work very well; I pushed it for a block once and it hits a lot hard if you get after it.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Looks like some kind of kickback like you said, works for me. The commercial gym here has a single-leg cable version of that - I always just called it “The Bikini Machine” because it’s a single-leg glute exercise all the ladies go for.

But it does work very well; I pushed it for a block once and it hits a lot hard if you get after it.
Lmfao! Yep, that’s its official name from here out lol. Never seen one before, didn’t hurt so might dick around with it for a few.

Good god my hammys are weak right now. I swear I’ll get my life together.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Lmfao! Yep, that’s its official name from here out lol. Never seen one before, didn’t hurt so might dick around with it for a few.

That is part of what I like about the Good mornings on the True / Power Squat machine. It really gets my hams and glutes so well.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Gotta find safe ways to build up however you can; it has the benefit of building both sides independently so it will help correct imbalances.

That is part of what I like about the Good mornings on the True / Power Squat machine. It really gets my hams and glutes so well.
I wish I had access to one of those again. I never appreciated it when I had access to one a decade ago.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
2/23
W6D3
BW: 240
RE

Mini band:
PAs x 20
Facepulls x 20
Press downs x 50
W holds x 10

Reverse grip bench, straight bar:
45x10
135x10
225x13,13,10,5

JM press, straight bar:
135x5

Feet elevated parallel inverse row vs 2 light bands:
10x4 sets

BB Z-press:
45x10
135x8x3 sets

Cable rope press downs:
120x15
130x15x2 sets

HS flying bird machine:
+50x10x2 sets

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I had a bench revelation today. So all my life it’s been impossible for me to reverse grip bench a straight bar without a handoff. My arms/wrists do not bend that way so I have to grab it extremely wide and would annihilate my fingers if I untracked solo.
Today I put the bar between my index and middle finger (like a talon) and voila!!!! This is a game changer, I can bring my grip in to comp distance, unrack myself, and reverse grip pain free. Why the hell did it take 38yrs to figure this out????

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I think Jimmy Kolb advocates the talon grip on reverse grip work. I heard he has some strong triceps
The very same, episode 39 or something like that lol.

Still blown away how effective that grip is for me. Loving it.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
2/26
W7D1
ME

Mini band warms:
PAs x 30
Press downs x 50

KB bottoms up press:
25x10 per arm

Flat bench, fat grip football bar, inner grips:
45x10
135x3
225x3
315x1
345x1
365x1 PR cuz I never used this bar

45° incline DB press:
100’sX10,6,6,5

Seated/strict DB rear delt flys:
20’sX12
25’sX10
30’sX8x2 sets

NG lat pull downs:
180x12
195x8x2 sets

HS lat pullover:
+270x10
+320x8,7,5

Alternating DB hammer curls:
50’sX16x2 sets

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
good stuff man! you're inspiring me to give the reverse grip another try. It's going to take me a few sessions to get comfortable with that one, awkward as hell at first...

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
2/26
W7D1
ME

Mini band warms:
PAs x 30
Press downs x 50

KB bottoms up press:
25x10 per arm

Flat bench, fat grip football bar, inner grips:
45x10
135x3
225x3
315x1
345x1
365x1 PR cuz I never used this bar

45° incline DB press:
100’sX10,6,6,5

Seated/strict DB rear delt flys:
20’sX12
25’sX10
30’sX8x2 sets

NG lat pull downs:
180x12
195x8x2 sets

HS lat pullover:
+270x10
+320x8,7,5

Alternating DB hammer curls:
50’sX16x2 sets
You just picking new bars so you can claim PR’S? I kid, I kid 😂 nice work man getting your groove back!

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Dropped trest and rolled back on to cruise mode. Started up 2iu of growth nightly. I slept 11 hrs last night, 9 the night before. Quite amazing. Yesterday I was a bit tired, like that sleepy teenager feeling, but I will say, placebo or not this early, my joints and body feel better. Anyways, let’s see how this Sly Stallone regimen goes

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Dropped trest and rolled back on to cruise mode. Started up 2iu of growth nightly. I slept 11 hrs last night, 9 the night before. Quite amazing. Yesterday I was a bit tired, like that sleepy teenager feeling, but I will say, placebo or not this early, my joints and body feel better. Anyways, let’s see how this Sly Stallone regimen goes
GH really improved my recovery, it was obvious immediately. The quality of my sleep improved noticeably, like whatever amount I did sleep yielded much more restoration. It also pads the joints and kind of contributes this muscle fullness not dissimilar from a tiny dose of orals.

You have to take a ton for muscle growth, and it gives no strength at all, but the real reason to use a little GH is for recovery and fatloss. Assuming blood sugar can be kept good on it. You don’t want to be bulking on it and expect not to need Metformin or insulin. Which metformin is going to mess up appetite probably.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
GH really improved my recovery, it was obvious immediately. The quality of my sleep improved noticeably, like whatever amount I did sleep yielded much more restoration. It also pads the joints and kind of contributes this muscle fullness not dissimilar from a tiny dose of orals.

You have to take a ton for muscle growth, and it gives no strength at all, but the real reason to use a little GH is for recovery and fatloss. Assuming blood sugar can be kept good on it. You don’t want to be bulking on it and expect not to need Metformin or insulin. Which metformin is going to mess up appetite probably.
It’s quite literally night and day so far. I’d never run BB doses as I just want what I’m getting now. I don’t wanna look ripped and prego. I definitely will not use it whenever I’m blasting trest, dangerously ravenous indeed, but will run year round if all stays in check.
200 test c, 150 primo, and 2 iu currently. I’m sure some water retention and trest bloat is gonna strip off in the coming weeks. Time to hammer the lagging body parts for this phase. They are quite evident lol.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
@Hyde
What dose and how long did you run? I don’t remember seeing that one in your log.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
@Hyde
What dose and how long did you run? I don’t remember seeing that one in your log.
2iu 5-6 nights a week initially.

This would have been this time last year. I had a tear in my adductor during a heavy squat early January, as I had been leaning out for some time and my estrogen had been staying too low (in hindsight). So I immediately started taking GH along with local BPC daily. Less than 9 weeks after the fall, I squat 529 in sleeves at comp weighing in at 218.4lbs, for a big PR total at 220.

Eventually on days off training I would take it morning instead, before fasted cardio. Although if you take it right before bed, you will still get the lipolytic benefits for fasted cardio next morning, but I didn’t understand that cascade actually goes out so far at the time.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Totally agree with this….GH really does shine with recovery and repair, quality sleep, and fat loss. Truthfully I’ll never run GH over 2-3 IU again, because it’s just so much more valuable in repair and recovery than actual muscle building.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
2iu 5-6 nights a week initially.

This would have been this time last year. I had a tear in my adductor during a heavy squat early January, as I had been leaning out for some time and my estrogen had been staying too low (in hindsight). So I immediately started taking GH along with local BPC daily. Less than 9 weeks after the fall, I squat 529 in sleeves at comp weighing in at 218.4lbs, for a big PR total at 220.

Eventually on days off training I would take it morning instead, before fasted cardio. Although if you take it right before bed, you will still get the lipolytic benefits for fasted cardio next morning, but I didn’t understand that cascade actually goes out so far at the time.
Nice. Ok I remember you smashing at that weight class but must have missed the mention of growth. I’m going to keep it at the night dosing for now and see what develops. Been sponging info on this peptide as of late.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Totally agree with this….GH really does shine with recovery and repair, quality sleep, and fat loss. Truthfully I’ll never run GH over 2-3 IU again, because it’s just so much more valuable in repair and recovery than actual muscle building.
That’s all I want it for really. I’ve read a general guide is 1iu per 100lbs bodyweight. I’m responding extremely well to 2 so far and want to keep it in long term. No plans of going up anytime. I’m not sure if it’s the trest water shedding off or the GH or a combo of the two but I’m getting quite a number of compliments. I’ll take it. Vascularity and definition is on the ups

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
2/28
W7D2
Lower

Mini band hip walks x 40

KB goblet squat:
25x10x2 sets

RDLs (from rack):
95x10
135x10
185x10x2 sets

GHR:

Belt squat:
+90x10
+180x10
+230x6,5,5,

Reverse hyper:
+180x10
+270x10
+320x10
+360x10

Bikini Daddy:
+270x20
+320x20

I miss last years GHR numbers right about now. Pathetic lol. Anyhoo, it’s 5 more complete reps than last week.

First time doing RDLs in forever. I was a little gunshy still. But I will say taking it from the rack is ideal. It’s the floor and the first 2” where the pain begins. Slowly but sorely I will get there again.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Awesome session - great to see you doing RDLs again! Take your time, and progress volume before weight is my brovice. Build tissue tolerance and work capacity first, then the weights will come.

Regarding GH dose, I have listened to probably multiple DAYS of podcasts at this point total on it at this point. Let me spare you all the trouble & distill all the combined science and anecdote:

***1.5-2iu before bed, 5-7 days per week.***

1.5iu is the required dose for triggering lipolysis. Because of how long it works, this is actually ideal for fasted cardio in the morning too, as opposed to prior to cardio.

2iu is enough for anyone to get the enhanced sleep recovery benefits, which also supports better anabolism/longterm growth.

Night time is ideal because of thyroid interactions and normal times GH is optimal. But as we age we don’t produce ideal amounts anymore.

The only other time that makes sense is postWO in the presence of insulin, exogenous or endogenous. GH is good at fixing damage and adapts to the environment it’s introduced to. So using after a training session before the post feeding in large doses could help you grow, but this probably isn’t going to matter at 2iu doses. Some pros use 18-36iu/day, and that is more the kind of exposure we’re talking about. If you aren’t going to use 10iu post session, I probably wouldn’t bother unless also taking a peptide shot of slin/carnitine already. I’m not saying 2iu post wouldn’t help, just that in the long term you probably will see zero quantifiable difference. Now faster recovery, that may be worthwhile, but probably not better than pre-bed. More like if doing 4iu daily, doing 2 postWO and 2 pre bed.

Lastly, local GH administration makes sense when already locally applying BPC/TB500 to an injury. They all work systemically, but IGF1 (which GH converts to as long as you have decent estrogen levels) is very much local in effect, and anecdotally the healing peptides work at least as good used locally. Also, even sticking a pin in an area creates mechanical damage that could further promote local healing. This is an extrapolation of the method using saline injections to introduce local trauma to incite the body to heal the area faster.

Normally, just pin it anywhere in muscle or fat, whatever is comfy before bed.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
2/28
W7D2
Lower

Mini band hip walks x 40

KB goblet squat:
25x10x2 sets

RDLs (from rack):
95x10
135x10
185x10x2 sets

GHR:

Belt squat:
+90x10
+180x10
+230x6,5,5,

Reverse hyper:
+180x10
+270x10
+320x10
+360x10

Bikini Daddy:
+270x20
+320x20

I miss last years GHR numbers right about now. Pathetic lol. Anyhoo, it’s 5 more complete reps than last week.

First time doing RDLs in forever. I was a little gunshy still. But I will say taking it from the rack is ideal. It’s the floor and the first 2” where the pain begins. Slowly but sorely I will get there again.
Nice workout……Glad you’re able to work around that pain. Anything you can do to help strengthen the supporting muscles will only help.
Awesome session - great to see you doing RDLs again! Take your time, and progress volume before weight is my brovice. Build tissue tolerance and work capacity first, then the weights will come.

Regarding GH dose, I have listened to probably multiple DAYS of podcasts at this point total on it at this point. Let me spare you all the trouble & distill all the combined science and anecdote:

1.5iu is the required dose for triggering lipolysis. Because of how long it works, this is actually ideal for fasted cardio in the morning too, as opposed to prior to cardio.

2iu is enough for anyone to get the enhanced sleep recovery benefits, which also supports better anabolism/longterm growth.

Night time is ideal because of thyroid interactions and normal times GH is optimal. But as we age we don’t produce ideal amounts anymore.

The only other time that makes sense is postWO in the presence of insulin, exogenous or endogenous. GH is good at fixing damage and adapts to the environment it’s introduced to. So using after a training session before the post feeding in large doses could help you grow, but this probably isn’t going to matter at 2iu doses. Some pros use 18-36iu/day, and that is more the kind of exposure we’re talking about. If you aren’t going to use 10iu post session, I probably wouldn’t bother unless also taking a peptide shot of slin/carnitine already. I’m not saying 2iu post wouldn’t help, just that in the long term you probably will see zero quantifiable difference. Now faster recovery, that may be worthwhile, but probably not better than pre-bed. More like if doing 4iu daily, doing 2 postWO and 2 pre bed.

Lastly, local GH administration makes sense when already locally applying BPC/TB500 to an injury. They all work systemically, but IGF1 (which GH converts to as long as you have decent estrogen levels) is very much local in effect, and anecdotally the healing peptides work at least as good used locally. Also, even sticking a pin in an area creates mechanical damage that could further promote local healing. This is an extrapolation of the method using saline injections to introduce local trauma to incite the body to heal the area faster.

This is gold…..this needs to be at the top of the GH and Anabolics section to send guys to that are asking about Growth. It’s a quick read, informative, and gives someone a quick guide on using GH for their goals.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Thanks man! I was worried going into it. PTSD from that damn disc still lingers. But I’m in no rush, slow and steady for those movements.

Appreciate the knowledge! Yeah it’s a spiderweb of info out there and most of it doesn’t pertain to my intentions. I won’t ever use slin and my main motive is long term therapeutic benefits. I’m fine leaving the negative side effects of upper end GH use out of my realm. Plenty of other safer routes for other muscle goals.

Little tummy fat nighttime ritual fits just well

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nice workout……Glad you’re able to work around that pain. Anything you can do to help strengthen the supporting muscles will only help.

This is gold…..this needs to be at the top of the GH and Anabolics section to send guys to that are asking about Growth. It’s a quick read, informative, and gives someone a quick guide on using GH for their goals.
Agreed. Dropping knowledge bombs

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I really really hope the RDLs are a miracle maker for you, they were for me and mine started out at only 95lbs when my torn ligament was like 12 on the 1-10 pain scale. I'm no 700lb deadlifter, but hitting 485 last year, and RDLs around 385+ to me were a huge progress from a time that I couldn't take 135 off the ground and started out with 95lb rdls.

I just had to focus on a tight tight tight prison tight glute squeeze through the entire movement and it made my back feel so much better, almost instantly.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I really really hope the RDLs are a miracle maker for you, they were for me and mine started out at only 95lbs when my torn ligament was like 12 on the 1-10 pain scale. I'm no 700lb deadlifter, but hitting 485 last year, and RDLs around 385+ to me were a huge progress from a time that I couldn't take 135 off the ground and started out with 95lb rdls.

I just had to focus on a tight tight tight prison tight glute squeeze through the entire movement and it made my back feel so much better, almost instantly.
Don’t wanna jinx it, but pain free and feeling good about em! I just have to keep it dialed down internally and I believe this will be a good foundation.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
3/1
W7D3
DE

DB strict lateral raise:
10’sX20
15’sX10
20’sX10

DB alternating front raise:
20’sX20
25’sX20x2 sets

Cable straight bar overhand curls:
80x15x3 sets

DB strict rear delt flys:
20’sX10x2 sets

DB shrugs:
60’sX30x3 sets

PVC pipe bend activations x 10 slow and tight

Speed bench vs mini bands doubled, 30 sec max rest between sets, change grip every set:
45x6
155x3x12 sets

Dips:
20x2 sets

HS iso-lateral row:
+102x10
+192x10
+242x10
+292x10
+312x6

Machine preacher curls:
80x10