Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Local gym hinted at a WRPF sanctioned meet on 11/19. Not really familiar with that federation. Checked out their website, the meet isn’t listed yet. Looks like mostly a tested fed?
@Hyde know much about them?
Kirill Sarychev (former ATWR raw bencher) started that fed in 2015. Not sure how legit they are or aren’t, but good enough for a good time I’d wager. They have tested & untested amateur classes, and some kind of pro class. This is the fed Thor did his powerlifting meet in.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Kirill Sarychev (former ATWR raw bencher) started that fed in 2015. Not sure how legit they are or aren’t, but good enough for a good time I’d wager. They have tested & untested amateur classes, and some kind of pro class. This is the fed Thor did his powerlifting meet in.
Nice. I’ll keep my eyes peeled on that one and see if it really is coming. I was browsing USPA state records for my weight 220-242 Submaster 35-39 class I would dominate, open class I’d need some polishing lol. I’d wanna go open class for sure though.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice. I’ll keep my eyes peeled on that one and see if it really is coming. I was browsing USPA state records for my weight 220-242 Submaster 35-39 class I would dominate, open class I’d need some polishing lol. I’d wanna go open class for sure though.
Yeah federation state records in sub-classes are usually ripe for the picking, unless you live in a more hardcore powerlifting state like Texas, Ohio, etc. A lot of times, people will break records without even realizing it or declaring a record attempt, so it never gets recorded.

I actually broke the IL Junior 220 raw squat record with 419lbs at a meet in Kansas City, MO years ago (you are allowed to make state record attempts in the USPA for your home state while competing in border states). But I never filed for the record, because the previous meet my training partner had broke the MO Junior 198 record with 518. Why do I want to claim a squat record for 100lbs less weighing 10lbs more, you know? I just wanted to get stronger than him!

You want to see how you stack up, go Open. You only go sub-classes if you are trying to get an easier qualification for Nationals or Worlds.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah federation state records in sub-classes are usually ripe for the picking, unless you live in a more hardcore powerlifting state like Texas, Ohio, etc. A lot of times, people will break records without even realizing it or declaring a record attempt, so it never gets recorded.

I actually broke the IL Junior 220 raw squat record with 419lbs at a meet in Kansas City, MO years ago (you are allowed to make state record attempts in the USPA for your home state while competing in border states). But I never filed for the record, because the previous meet my training partner had broke the MO Junior 198 record with 518. Why do I want to claim a squat record for 100lbs less weighing 10lbs more, you know? I just wanted to get stronger than him!

You want to see how you stack up, go Open. You only go sub-classes if you are trying to get an easier qualification for Nationals or Worlds.
Appreciate the knowledge. Doesn’t a state certified judge have to be present at the meet to take the record anyway? Or something political like that. Read it a while back but don’t remember. All the records are from around 2018. Covid? Or that state judge criteria hard to fulfill I wonder.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
7/6

Mini band warms:
Pullaparts x 20
Facepulls x 20
Pressdowns x 30
Snatch x 10

Duffalo bench:
55x10
145x10
235x10
255x10
275x8
295x6
275x6
255x8
235x8

Light band hammer curls:
150 reps

Light band tri Pressdowns:
100 reps

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
7/6

Mini band warms:
Pullaparts x 20
Facepulls x 20
Pressdowns x 30
Snatch x 10

Duffalo bench:
55x10
145x10
235x10
255x10
275x8
295x6
275x6
255x8
235x8

Light band hammer curls:
150 reps

Light band tri Pressdowns:
100 reps

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Appreciate the knowledge. Doesn’t a state certified judge have to be present at the meet to take the record anyway? Or something political like that. Read it a while back but don’t remember. All the records are from around 2018. Covid? Or that state judge criteria hard to fulfill I wonder.
Well, I’m sure it varies for each federation.

In the USPA there’s something like that, I believe it’s the base/state level judges who wear red shirts and then the national level wears blue shirts. World level judges have green shirts, but they are extremely rare to see at local meets. When they are there, you can set National records.

One of the biggest compliments I ever had was when a world level judge at a regular meet came up to me one time and told me my squat looked excellent to him in execution. He went out of his way to come tell me afterward. He was a big older guy, and passed away of cardiovascular complications during the COVID boom.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was looking at that Rep bar yesterday. Nice pick up!

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Had a day at the lake today with fam. Shoulder got some blood flow from paddling and playing king of the lake with the kiddo on the paddle board. I needed a good day of sun and family. Work has been hectic and this week will be hell week as we are opening another location. Yay me

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Had a day at the lake today with fam. Shoulder got some blood flow from paddling and playing king of the lake with the kiddo on the paddle board. I needed a good day of sun and family. Work has been hectic and this week will be hell week as we are opening another location. Yay me
Growth and progress always come with some struggle & adversity! Congratulations on the new opportunities to come brother.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Growth and progress always come with some struggle & adversity! Congratulations on the new opportunities to come brother.
Thank you very much. It will be worth the squeeze for sure.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
King of the Lake sounds fun! And that pie looks pretty damned good too!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
King of the lake sounds fun although trying to picture exactly what it is. :)

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It’s where you push your kids into the water and remind them that Dad’s still king of the hill for now
Oh so you can't knock them off with a smash of the paddle??? BOO! ;)

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Been 2 weeks of mayhem at work getting new location opened. Made it finally. The juice was worth the squeeze. Definitely cut in to training but made some good coin. A friend called me a few days ago with a story about my old boss that you wouldn’t even believe. Annnnnnnnd….. got a new dog today.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Made some good money, got a new dog…..that’s a productive 2 weeks in my book. Can’t go wrong with more money and another cool buddy. 😎

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Adorable new dog.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah my son would be all over that; he is really getting into dogs lately (and dinosaurs and all kinds of stuff lol).

You kind of have to tell us the old boss story now…
Gimme a few I’ll need a keyboard for this whopper of a whale…..

Netflix crime documentary status.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
7/26

Mini band warms:
Pullaparts x 20
Pressdowns x 30
Snatch x 10

Reverse CG kaddilac bench:
45x10
135x10
175x10
225x7x3 sets

DB shrugs:
95’sX20x3 sets

50°Incline ez skullcrushers:
50x15
70x15
90x15

Mini band hammer curls:

Stir the pot:
2 mins total

Standing Bottoms up KB OHP:
30x15x2 sets per arm

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Alright, so first some backstory:
About a year and a half ago I briefly worked with a construction sales company (I figured 2 jobs wasn’t enough so let’s go for 3). Worked this for about 4 months. My main reason for quitting was this specific owner. Created negative culture/environment and was a general douche (think of the coke head from the movie Horrible Bosses).

One night after a small company event he started going off on his wife for no reason in front of everybody. Terrible degrading **** that was undeserved, brink of domestic violence.
Nobody said anything, so I did. I began calm and quickly matched his escalation. He was not used to people standing up to him and to be quite honest, I would reconstruct his face with ease and he saw that in my eyes I meant business. He finally stfu and sat there in silence. I left about an hour later.

I choked my own father out when I was 17 and beat his ass as I was tired of him hitting my mom, I don’t stand for this garbage, still don’t. It strikes a nerve in me. People were dumbfounded the next day as to why I did what I did, I was questioning why they did not.

Fast forward to a a couple weeks ago.
Get a text from a friend with a list of criminal charges: reckless driving, domestic violence, obstruction of telephone, 2nd degree assault family strangulation, vehicular eluding, sexual assault rape strong arm by force, menacing/intimidation weapon. His bond is $1.5 million, cash only.

Mind blown, but at the same time not. This isn’t even all the charges (we will get to the rest later).
So apparently this worthless **** tied up and taped his wife for 4 hours, real twisted ****, choked and beat her with an AR. After the last session he forgot to remove the handcuff key in his manic state and went to the bathroom. She heard him pumping himself up to kill her. She ran out the front door and raced to the neighbors, naked and bloody. The police were called. He realized she escaped, jumped in his truck and set out. He was able to ditch the initial cops on backroads. Threw out 2 lbs of coke and his guns in some farm fields and ditched his truck. The next morning (before anyone was aware of any of this) he called a young new employee and told him he give him $20k cash for a ride to the border no questions asked. Dumb on the kids part but this guy was manipulative and that’s why he chose him. The kid goes and grabs him and they start driving.

There is a home show going on that day and the company has a booth set up. Suddenly a ton of police and a US marshal show up and ask where this guy is. Nobody knows. They ask what’s happening and they get the story. A few hours later the douchebag calls one of the other owners and says “he didn’t do anything or hurt her”. He’s like alright sure buddy but there is a US marshal looking for you so you’re not getting away. He turns himself in a later that night. From the jail phone he calls another employee and gives them directions and locations to go retrieve his coke and guns. You can’t make this **** up. The police subsequently went and found his goodies. As of yesterday they added intent to distribute, more weapons charges, and first degree attempted murder.

I got a bunch of “damn you were right about him” calls the next day from people still there. This scum deserves every inch coming his way in federal prison. Hindsight will be painful, pun intended. Have a great life Fokker.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Can’t stand turds like that….they’ll usually hit on women but when a real man kicks their butt they turn in to the biggest victim.
Good for you not letting it slide and calling out that dirt bag.
Like Hyde said he’s gonna find out what it’s like to be an abused woman.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Man, screw that guy! Happy you put him in his place back then. Hope he gets an abusive lover in his new home. :)

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Can’t stand turds like that….they’ll usually hit on women but when a real man kicks their butt they turn in to the biggest victim.
Good for you not letting it slide and calling out that dirt bag.
Like Hyde said he’s gonna find out what it’s like to be an abused woman.
Man, screw that guy! Happy you put him in his place back then. Hope he gets an abusive lover in his new home. :)
One way ticket to pound town. Loooooong stay too.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What a story. Wow.

Good on you for standing up!