SkRaw85 tests StraightUpKratom (sponsored log)

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
First off, would like to thank macedog24 and heavyiron for the chance to log this product. All products can be viewed and purchased at straightupkratom.com

I was sent 2 oz of Super Red Borneo and 2 oz of Super Green kratom. My experience with kratom thus far in life is negligible. I smoked a bowl of it once in my 20’s not knowing that it was not the ideal method of usage. Needless to say, I felt nothing really and that was the first and last time using.

Fast forward 10 years and here we are logging. After dinner at 7:40 pm I decided to try out the Super Red strain (utilizing the proper method this time). I put 5 grams of the finely powdered kratom in a cup with 6 ounces of water, stirred vigorously and immediately slammed it down. After about 20 mins I was overcome by a sense of calm, the world seemed to slow and stress was alleviated. An hour later it was intensified, definitely reminiscent of a mild cannabis euphoria.

I regularly take a melatonin supplement at night for sleep. I will pass tonight and report back in the morning.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'll follow along. I use a sleep aid that contains kratom, so curious to see your results.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Sleep was great to say the least. Drifted off very serenely. I cannot attest to the duration of the effects because I was out cold roughly 2.5 hrs after dosing. No grogginess upon waking either, impressive.

Volvo140G

Volvo140G

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'll follow for a first timer, curious to hear your thoughts.... I lol'd at smoking kratom, sorry! At least u didn't snort it.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'll follow for a first timer, curious to hear your thoughts.... I lol'd at smoking kratom, sorry! At least u didn't snort it.
Ha ha yeahhhh, young and dumb. Apparently if you smoke a massive quantity you can catch a buzz....

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Ha ha yeahhhh, young and dumb. Apparently if you smoke a massive quantity you can catch a buzz....
Haha...not nearly the buzz you would catch from just swallowing it lol

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Haha...not nearly the buzz you would catch from just swallowing it lol
Yep, I had never heard of the stuff before and some kid had some so I gave it a puff. I was on other organics at the time anyways so all was good. Found that out last night that a nice water/kratom shot does wonders for the body and mind, it didn’t really tase bad either, I was hoping it wouldn’t be too terrible. Left a kind of tea-esque taste in my mouth. Going to go a little bit bigger on tonight’s dose.

macedog24

macedog24

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
That i would like to hear about....can't imagine. But would still like to hear that story it were ever done.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

macedog24

macedog24

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yep, I had never heard of the stuff before and some kid had some so I gave it a puff. I was on other organics at the time anyways so all was good. Found that out last night that a nice water/kratom shot does wonders for the body and mind, it didn’t really tase bad either, I was hoping it wouldn’t be too terrible. Left a kind of tea-esque taste in my mouth. Going to go a little bit bigger on tonight’s dose.
Make sure to take it on an empty stomach if you didnt. Sounds about right up my alley as far as affects. I tried fighting the sleep but it got me eventually.lol

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Make sure to take it on an empty stomach if you didnt. Sounds about right up my alley as far as affects. I tried fighting the sleep but it got me eventually.lol

I’ll ingest before dinner tonight. It was very pleasant lying in bed. Very meditative and couldn’t fight off the sleep. I mean, why would anyone want to?

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Following this. As mentioned, definitely try it before eating.
Thanks for following! Tonight I will keep dosage the same but take on empty stomach before dinner.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Took same dosage of Super Red (5 grams) at 7 pm last night on empty stomach. Experienced same calming effects and felt very dreamy before being sucked in to a deep sleep. Wife said I snored like a beast. Too bad for her, I feel amazing. No grogginess upon waking (a bit of Friday work burn out but that’s almost every week). Excited to try out the Super Green strain tonight!

Last edited:
macedog24

macedog24

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Thank you and glad to hear your enjoying the super red!
Took same dosage of Super Red (5 grams) at 7 pm last night on empty stomach. Experienced same calming effects and felt very dreamy before being sucked in to a deep sleep. Wife said I snored like a beast. Too bad for her, I feel amazing. No grogginess upon waking (a bit of Friday work burn out but that’s almost every week). Excited to try out the Super Green station tonight!

Curiousmonkey

Curiousmonkey

Awards
Sleep was great to say the least. Drifted off very serenely. I cannot attest to the duration of the effects because I was out cold roughly 2.5 hrs after dosing. No grogginess upon waking either, impressive.
That was my biggest concern, glad to hear you didn’t feel groggy in the morning

macedog24

macedog24

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Just remember, like i always suggest start low and go from there. 3 gr. Should be a good starting point. Effects might not be as strong as you like but its better to be able to adjust up your dose. Then take to much and make yourself sick be ause the effects are to strong and dont agree with you.

macedog24

macedog24

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Just remember, like i always suggest start low and go from there. 3 gr. Should be a good starting point. Effects might not be as strong as you like but its better to be able to adjust up your dose. Then take to much and make yourself sick because the effects are to strong .

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah that was my primary concern as well. I dosed at 7pm last night, woke up fresh at 4:30 am and stuck a new PR on close grip bench. If kratom would have affected sleep/lift performance I would have to put the brakes on. Haven’t taken melatonin since using kratom.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
It's good to see new people seeing Kratoms benefits, treat it respectfully and it will do the same to you.. Lol

macedog24

macedog24

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
It's good to see new people seeing Kratoms benefits, treat it respectfully and it will do the same to you.. Lol
Couldnt of said this better!!

Volvo140G

Volvo140G

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
To add on to what what macedog said earlier concerning starting with a lower dose, sometimes less truly is more with kratom once you're familiar with its behavior, various strains, effects, etc.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Approximately how fast is tolerance built up to kratom? And how fast is it lost assuming one goes cold turkey?

Volvo140G

Volvo140G

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Approximately how fast is tolerance built up to kratom? And how fast is it lost assuming one goes cold turkey?
Haha I don't know a specific answer to that query, l've been a regular kratom user for almost 3 years now.

My usual doses are strain dependent, if I have a strong white sometimes 2g twice daily is all I want and it's perfect.

An all day green I might do 4g thrice daily.

Maybe I'll do 5 or 6g of a red once at night.

I'm blathering now but ultimately I've been using kraTom nearly daily for years now and I've learned less is more, tolerance or not. Too much can lead to wobbles or stomach discomfort/puking ime and if nothing else, wasting kratom. Diminishing returns if you will.

heavyiron

heavyiron

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Some folks never build a tolerance, I used 6 grams my first night with Kratom. Years later the same 6 grams treats me the same. Its likely the pathway to the Mu opiod receptor with Kratom reduces typical side effects seen with traditional opiates.

macedog24

macedog24

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I stay around 6gr. I believe this is individual Based . but if it means anything ive never had to increase my dose past 6gr.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I switch strains and colors and have kept my dose at 2.5g twice daily. Switching up definitely helps with any tolerance.

Also, if you end up liking kratom and taking it daily or more than 3-4 times a week, look at black seed oil. It is a potentiator and can allow you to keep your doses low. This will help come break time.

macedog24

macedog24

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Absolutely! Changing strains will help big time.
I switch strains and colors and have kept my dose at 2.5g twice daily. Switching up definitely helps with any tolerance.

Also, if you end up liking kratom and taking it daily or more than 3-4 times a week, look at black seed oil. It is a potentiator and can allow you to keep your doses low. This will help come break time.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Awesome! Thanks for all the input fellas. Pretty interesting plant really. 5 grams has been the sweet spot so far. Took Super Red again last night for the sake of sleep. Tonight however, me and the wifey are going to see Cirque du Soleil. I plan to take a nice 6 gram dose of the Super Green and enjoy the show :)
I will report back in the morning.

macedog24

macedog24

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Oh hell yea!! You will definitely enjoy this. Looking forward to seeing how the night and show goes.
Awesome! Thanks for all the input fellas. Pretty interesting plant really. 5 grams has been the sweet spot so far. Took Super Red again last night for the sake of sleep. Tonight however, me and the wifey are going to see Cirque du Soleil. I plan to take a nice 6 gram dose of the Super Green and enjoy the show :)
I will report back in the morning.

Fiz

Fiz

Awards
How does one order from straightup? Im on the site but i guess they dont take credit cards?

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
IMG_4274.JPG
IMG_4276.JPG
IMG_4278.JPG

Took a 6 gram dose of Super Green 30 mins before Cirque du Soleil. It was a win for sure! It gives more energy than the Super Red and produces a much more social euphoric experience tailored for these type of settings. It was a great way to unwind from a hectic work week. I truly did feel 100% stress free and relaxed, which can be quite difficult for me most of the time.

macedog24

macedog24

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Very glad to hear. Super green is definitely a winner and a superb daytime strain.
View attachment 166431View attachment 166432View attachment 166433

Took a 6 gram dose of Super Green 30 mins before Cirque du Soleil. It was a win for sure! It gives more energy than the Super Red and produces a much more social euphoric experience tailored for these type of settings. It was a great way to unwind from a hectic work week. I truly did feel 100% stress free and relaxed, which can be quite difficult for me most of the time.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Took 6 gram dose of Super Red last night. Not sure if I will ever find out how long effects last with this strain as it puts me to sleep after 2-3 hours max. It is becoming my nightly staple if it continues on this way.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Took 6 grams of Super Red last night for outstanding sleep. This morning I decided to try out the toss and wash method that all these other badasses are doing. I found out real fast I am no badass. It was like doing the cinnamon challenge and I spent a minute or two gagging into the sink, 2 grams of Super Green wasted :(
I will stick to my method of mixing in water. I actually find it to taste like green tea. So starting off this morning with 6 grams of Super Green. In other news, last night I ordered the sampler pack from straightupkratom.com to get a feel for the other strains as I am now a believer in kratom.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Took 6 grams of Super Red last night for outstanding sleep. This morning I decided to try out the toss and wash method that all these other badasses are doing. I found out real fast I am no badass. It was like doing the cinnamon challenge and I spent a minute or two gagging into the sink, 2 grams of Super Green wasted
I will stick to my method of mixing in water. I actually find it to taste like green tea. So starting off this morning with 6 grams of Super Green. In other news, last night I ordered the sampler pack from straightupkratom.com to get a feel for the other strains as I am now a believer in kratom.
When I do toss and wash I do it a bit different then the typical way. I take a small amount of liquid (water, juice or milk) and hold it on my mouth and tongue. Then I dump about 2.5 grams of kratom powder on it. Then look up at the ceiling and swallow. I immediately chug more of the liquid I am using. I never want the dry powder to hit a part of my mouth that isn’t filled with liquid. Then I do it one more time since my typical dose is 5 grams. It works well for me and I really don’t taste the kratom at all if done right.

If you don’t mind the taste of kratom then that’s great because you can take it anyway you want then.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
When I do toss and wash I do it a bit different then the typical way. I take a small amount of liquid (water, juice or milk) and hold it on my mouth and tongue. Then I dump about 2.5 grams of kratom powder on it. Then look up at the ceiling and swallow. I immediately chug more of the liquid I am using. I never want the dry powder to hit a part of my mouth that isn’t filled with liquid. It works well for me and I really don’t taste the kratom at all if done right.

If you don’t mind the taste of kratom then that’s great because you can take it anyway you want then.
That way sounds a bit more manageable. I just threw a 2 gram scoop straight into my mouth and before I could even chase with water I was spewing powder all over my kitchen. I looked like a fool. Yeah I honestly don’t think it tastes bad at all, almost exactly like green tea in my opinion.

Curiousmonkey

Curiousmonkey

Awards
Took 6 grams of Super Red last night for outstanding sleep. This morning I decided to try out the toss and wash method that all these other badasses are doing. I found out real fast I am no badass. It was like doing the cinnamon challenge and I spent a minute or two gagging into the sink, 2 grams of Super Green wasted :(
Yup I got the sampler pack for the same reason. Ordered it last week but I don’t think it’s even shipped yet, just says “shipping label created, USPS awaiting item”... after following everyone’s logs and the positive reviews, the anticipation is killing me haha. Next time I’ll order a week or two in advance before I run out