• Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
PricePlow

PricePlow

Awards
Damn you mike!

I thought about this yearssssssssssssss ago, just never got anyone to do this!!!!
Thanks! It's not been easy, but I'm finally pretty proud of what we have. We still obviously have a ton of features and stores to add, including all of those mentioned in this thread and more.

Feel free to PM me to chat about it anytime. I'll be hanging here more often now that things are opening up for everyone.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Thanks! It's not been easy, but I'm finally pretty proud of what we have. We still obviously have a ton of features and stores to add, including all of those mentioned in this thread and more.

Feel free to PM me to chat about it anytime. I'll be hanging here more often now that things are opening up for everyone.
out of whose pocket does your payoff come?

just curious...

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Color me intrigued.....
SoCal and Lockout would make me happy along with Orbit. Waiting for said SNOstorm, too though!
i checked out sno, decent weekly specials...lockout would be a very nice addition.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think this is absolutely awesome news. NP is the place I have spent more supplement dollars than anywhere else, but if someone has been limiting themselves to just buying there then you have really missed out.

Competition is a good thing for all. I really think this has the potential to grow the AM community!

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
In my experience price wars always equal poor quality. Sure you can buy three pairs of Walmart shoes for the price of a good pair of Merrels but all you get is three pairs of shoes that suck.
When im buying bulk powders i want to believe i am getting what is promised and nothing more. I dont like the idea of someone skipping a step and leaving a bunch of residual processing chems in the product just to keep the price down.
What AM is doing is allowing more retailers to advertise on AM.com; this may mean price wars between the companies or alternative product promotions to occur across multiple sites.
This will not compromise the quality of the products on sale though as they are not made by the retailers, so they cannot cut corners on quality as they have no say in how a product is produced.

PricePlow

PricePlow

Awards
out of whose pocket does your payoff come?

just curious...
We're affiliated with the retailers and are not affiliated with any brand. It lets us be 100% unbiased in our product reviews and promotions. Works well for my sponsored athlete because he gets to review basically any supp under the sun :)

Figuring out a way to work with more retailers that don't have sales tracking programs is a big plan for the next few months, which will hopefully take us to next-level status.

houstontexas

Awards
  • Established
Most of the weekly deals on SNO seem high to me. $29 for Orange Triad is good enough to classify as a weekly deal? First time hearing of the place so maybe I just need to wait and see.

bluehealer

bluehealer

Awards
  • Established
Nothing but love for NP. Always great service at a great price.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
We're affiliated with the retailers and are not affiliated with any brand. It lets us be 100% unbiased in our product reviews and promotions. Works well for my sponsored athlete because he gets to review basically any supp under the sun :)

Figuring out a way to work with more retailers that don't have sales tracking programs is a big plan for the next few months, which will hopefully take us to next-level status.
does access to this info come thru the regular AM forum...or is this a seperate thing with have to sign up for?

will your fee to retailers eventually be high enough that effects their bottom line enough to increase cost to us, the consumers?

i am perfectly willing to do my own searching if it means lower prices, it isn't really that big of a deal to me...

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
does access to this info come thru the regular AM forum...or is this a seperate thing with have to sign up for?

will your fee to retailers eventually be high enough that effects their bottom line enough to increase cost to us, the consumers?

i am perfectly willing to do my own searching if it means lower prices, it isn't really that big of a deal to me...
We are not affiliated in any way. We are looking at the possibilities for the future. There is definitely some promise to this for the membership. Just have to see what happens...

champion510

Awards
Understood. Excited to be here.
Such a broad knowledge base here!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
We are not affiliated in any way. We are looking at the possibilities for the future. There is definitely some promise to this for the membership. Just have to see what happens...
understood...i am seeing the changes you are making as a good thing.

my only issue is a middleman for retailers, in my experience middlemen cause increases in prices...the way you have it set up i find it very easy to hunt for the lowest price on my own, especially if it means lower prices.

if he makes a deal with retailers i understand that is out of your control.....

keep up the good work, looks good so far!!!!

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Let's see how this unfolds. Still feel plenty of nostalgia for the incredible NutraPlanet-AnabolicMinds days of yore.

BPjohn123

BPjohn123

Awards
Hey Anabolic Minds team,

This is Mike, creator of PricePlow (dot) com -- We've never spoken, but it's definitely time we started.

As we speak, I'm building an API Toolset and WordPress plugin that is going to allow anyone to use our price comparison engine to earn revenue in an ethical way.

I'd love to discuss a partnership that will work for you and the forum's visitors.

For instance, let's say someone starts a thread titled What's the Best Whey Protein? Typically, you'd rotate in your standard ads.

With our tools, the users will see the best deals on the top-rated whey protein supplements (and nothing that's amino-acid-spiked is gonna show up on my watch). Same thing goes if someone is talking about a company (say, everyone's talking about PES -- PES stuff shows up.)

It will be highly targeted and show great deals and we can work alongside your other sponsors. Everyone wins.

I'm hitting you up via your contact form, but I'm an open guy and figured everyone should see what we're cooking up.

If anyone knows me from my YouTube channel, I do love fitness, but I'm a tech geek first and foremost, and don't hide it. I will make this system work like crazy.

I'll be at the Arnold. If you or anyone else wants to discuss this system, let's meet up!

Thank you so much for your time,
Mike
contact
Hey mike, good to see you here!

dragon_

Awards
Indeed. Too much overpriced garbage. Most of the **** doesn't work.

Greg B.

Greg B.

Awards
Thanks for the heads up AM admin!

dude1971

Awards
Thanks

GORILLAWARIOR

GORILLAWARIOR

Awards
I like it, Agree.. Expand with more choices and let each other grow.

Huslazworlden

Awards
Love NP, although I have always comparison shopped for and did my own extra research for anything I put into my body....

GaDawgs29

Awards
I like it, NP has gone downhill since beginning imho. they used to ship fast and being as im 2 hours from them it usually got delivered the next day. Now it takes almost a week? wtf. I just use someone else due to the lack of transit time and prices. hopefully SP will come in

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
hopefully with the increased sales some of these stores will be getting from AM sponsorship they can upgrade their sites...i guess i am spoiled by nutra, but some of those sites are not so easy to navigate.

Mase64

Mase64

Awards
  • Established
hopefully with the increased sales some of these stores will be getting from AM sponsorship they can upgrade their sites...i guess i am spoiled by nutra, but some of those sites are not so easy to navigate.
I concur!

Bodymekanics

Bodymekanics

Awards
That's too bad. Sad that I just joined so I just saw this. Excited to see what companies you bring on though!

Colbert

Colbert

Awards
I haven't been on here for a while and came to see how things are and wow, there is a huge change.