SilentBob's (no-drama) chatroom

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Maybe one of the fiberglass cutting wheels on the die cutter?

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Galvanizing is just a thin coating of zinc to prevent/delay rust. Zinc is like butter, so it's all on the underlying steel, which I'll assume to be a generic low carbon steel, unless otherwise specified.

I'd go for an abrasive cutting technique. Do you have a band saw?

Die cutting is going to twin the metal, which makes it stronger.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Happy Birthday "no-drama" thread!!

Here's to another year!!!:yes(1):

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
So yeah guys, got through Deus Ex last night. I gotta say that the story was tops. Conspiracy, espionage, stealth tactics; awesome. And the best part is that you can play the game how ever you want. Do you like to charge in and go Rambo on the enemy, do it to it. You want to sneak past everyone undetected and not kill a soul or be seen by anyone the entire game? You can do that too!

I've got this weekend off. I think I'm gonna go down to the club and try a Dr. Mantis Toboggan:
[video=youtube;hKKGtf37TEI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKKGtf37TEI[/video]

Wish me luck!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh that reminds me of the pc game series Thief. It was so interesting to have to stealth your way around instead of all guns blazing all the time.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Oh that reminds me of the pc game series Thief. It was so interesting to have to stealth your way around instead of all guns blazing all the time.
Agreed. I still have those games laying around here somewhere. Worth picking up again. I'll blackjack the king in his damn court to get at some loot.

Oh yeah, and then there's this:
thief4.png

And that is another property owned by Eidos ;)

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Don't know. But he was my favorite Xman.

Mrodz

Mrodz

Awards
  • Established
Colossus was awesome but I had a special love for Beast and my fav from the girls were Psylocke and Rouge. And Cable was pretty cool too.
xmen_09.jpg
x_men_cable.jpg
um I'll put the geek away now :/

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cable was cool, but I could never get into his whole time - line warped reality origin. Still he was a good character though. Psylocke was a bad lady for sure, my favorite fem of the Xmen for sure. Beast, surprisingly I started getting into when the cartoons where on in the 90's. My all time favorite story's, though, always involved Colossus duking it out with the Juggernaut.... I'm a sucker for battle royales lol.

Oh and Archangel was a cool character too!

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Juggernaut is so awesome.

Here's Juggy!!!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ah the juggernaut. I miss Jomi, I wonder whatever happened to him

[video=youtube;bSuvOVH0aSQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSuvOVH0aSQ[/video]

Mrodz

Mrodz

Awards
  • Established
Wasn't Apocolypse one of the most badass looking of bad guys :D

U guys are taking me back lol, I still have boxes of these comics, with Bishop (the xman with the sexy mullet) and also the 4 horsmen of the Apocalypse series

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wasn't Apocolypse one of the most badass looking of bad guys :D

U guys are taking me back lol, I still have boxes of these comics, with Bishop (the xman with the sexy mullet) and also the 4 horsmen of the Apocalypse series
Ah yes, the first mutant. IIRC, Archangel was an original member of the fourhorsemen. I know Apocolypse abducted and created him way back when. The dude was one of few super baddys that was kind of creepy in mainstream comics. Mr. Sinister was also another cool looking xmen villian, at least to me.

Mrodz

Mrodz

Awards
  • Established
Looks cool Easy, has a very final fantasy feel to it

Still Marvel but not X-men

CARNAGE!!!

To me, THE scariest villain

81384carnage400_2.jpg

lol I could barely look at the page when I was kid

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Spider man was and is my personal favorite superhero!!!! As for villians, Venom all the way, with Carnage a close second in my book.

Mrodz

Mrodz

Awards
  • Established
oof! Awesome find on that 2nd pic, I also have a crapload of spidy comics, hologram covers and alll LOL my inner geek is out of the bag :/

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I thought the same thing lol, but hey it's cool. It's just like novel reading only cooler in my book. ;)

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Never did like comic books. I was more of a "read the encyclopedia" kinda dork. (Oh, and yeah, I totally did...) However, I did like this one:

136409-18711-110595-1-johnny-the-homicidal_large.jpg

I always liked the simple way that it was drawn.

squee0008mod.jpg
1124364344_ehyouishnb.jpg
JTHM.jpg

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was a big reader as a kid and I attribute that characteristic of mine to the comic books I read. I was hooked on comics by age 5 and started collecting them from then on. Spiderman, Xmen were the big ones. All the AVP comics that Dark Horse would put out were stellar as well. As I aged I got into the more graphic novels like Spawn, Maxx, etc. Reading all of those lead me to read Tolkein, Chaucer, Homer, T.H. White etc. Haven't picked up a comic in a long time but seeing as how most sources of entertainment are drawing inspiration from them I may have to re-consider. Walking Dead, Priest, Alphas.... there must be some really entertaining things floating around out there now.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This brings back memories:

Did anyone ever watch the HBO cartoon?

Mrodz

Mrodz

Awards
  • Established
Never did like comic books. I was more of a "read the encyclopedia" kinda dork. (Oh, and yeah, I totally did...) However, I did like this one:

View attachment 43471

I always liked the simple way that it was drawn.

View attachment 43472
View attachment 43473
View attachment 43474
SQUEEEEE!!!!! Johnny was the man!!! I'll never ever forget when he killed a whole Taco place with a spork while listening to Mozart LOL. Pure Gold!

I was a everything geek fan, Comic books, Graphic novels I went thru the Samurai phase and the Vampire Phase and SUperheroe Phase I even had Warhammer figures LOL. X-men, Siderman, Superman, Witchblade, Fathom, Spawn, DangerGirl, BattleChasers, Wildcats, Gen13, Usagi Yojimbo, Maxx baaaaaaaaaaahhh I could go on forever and ever and I still have most of em.
The above mentioned isn't even half lol

Morpheus sigh.....

I never saw that HBO series

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
This brings back memories:

Did anyone ever watch the HBO cartoon?
Oh man spawn is the Sh!t I forgot about him. I liked overkill too damn freak show!!

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh man spawn is the Sh!t I forgot about him. I liked overkill too damn freak show!!
Overkill was a bad man for sure. Another favorite of mine was Pitt. That comic just screamed violence.

And of course who wasn't a fan of:

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
God, I was obsessed with Ninja Turtles when I was kid. I even had the little costume with the tie on bandana/green nose piece and the plastic weapons...yeah I thought I was a bad a$$ LOL! I think my parents still have a container of the toys in their basement still ha!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I actually (sadly) am old enough to know how tmnt started

Mrodz

Mrodz

Awards
  • Established
God, I was obsessed with Ninja Turtles when I was kid. I even had the little costume with the tie on bandana/green nose piece and the plastic weapons...yeah I thought I was a bad a$$ LOL! I think my parents still have a container of the toys in their basement still ha!
That is too cute lol love it.

My mom tried everything for me to not like them, but I was obsessed. Hologram T-shirt and cereal bowl from Boxtops lol the toys of course and i have the movie on DVD :)

Everybody Identfies with one of them, mine was Raphael. No, not April although I was always her when we played in my neighborhood Ha!

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
That is too cute lol love it.

My mom tried everything for me to not like them, but I was obsessed. Hologram T-shirt and cereal bowl from Boxtops lol the toys of course and i have the movie on DVD :)

Everybody Identfies with one of them, mine was Raphael. No, not April although I was always her when we played in my neighborhood Ha!
Big Leo fan...dual katana wielding action...ya' just couldn't go wrong!

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
the Ooze of course ;)
LOL, but of course. Though I believe Easy was probably referring to their graphic novel days, but still I like the Ooze. Speaking of which, that was my favorite movie. The Secret of the Ooze.

Big Leo fan...dual katana wielding action...ya' just couldn't go wrong!
You got that right. Leo was the best of them (aside from Splinter) and you could never go wrong with having two swords. Always better then one. Most people, my brother including were big Michelangelo fans, but I always like Leo's cool, calm demeanor that was ready to bust your head at any moment lol. Ralph was cool too. I always like the sarcastic ones. ;)

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Spider man was and is my personal favorite superhero!!!! As for villians, Venom all the way, with Carnage a close second in my book.

I saw some sweet vemon kid shoes the other day.man I wish they made them in my size I def woulda bought them.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That is awesome man. I'd rock one of these:

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I saw some sweet vemon kid shoes the other day.man I wish they made them in my size I def woulda bought them.

Kids get all the cool stuff. They get all the cool comic characters emblazened on everything from t-shirts to underwear.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
LOL, but of course. Though I believe Easy was probably referring to their graphic novel days, but still I like the Ooze. Speaking of which, that was my favorite movie. The Secret of the Ooze.
I was first introduced to them by this

467px-TMNT_and_Other_Strangeness.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teenage_Mutant_Ninja_Turtles_&_Other_Strangeness

a roleplaying game that came out basically right after the initial comic, before they acheived any wide popularity. I was a D&D geek in the 80s, so spent time at the gaming stores. Used to play Car Wars a bunch too, damn was that fun.
200px-Carwars.jpg

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I had this game, though for the life of me I could never understand why they where all dressed like Ralph.

Mrodz

Mrodz

Awards
  • Established
Anybody ever read the Mutanimals Comics?? The Mighty Mutanimals

Mmmmmmightmmmmu.jpg
(I still have them of course, bit of a pack rat me)

lol grimace that reminds me of Battle Toads

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I recall it started with a doodle of a tortoise decked out with some nunchucks as a joke. It looked nothing like the comics; less human characteristics. These were some of the earlier sketches.

kevtmnt.gifpetemnt.gif

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I had this game, though for the life of me I could never understand why they where all dressed like Ralph.
I think it's a combination cost-savings / ignorance. TMNT was created in the US, so the japanese company making the game has no idea what it's about. They just had some local artist put together the cover artwork, who probably didn't know the significance of the colors. There's always bloopers when they "Americanized" games out of japan.

Mrodz

Mrodz

Awards
  • Established
TMNT had a rock band, they did tours, guys in suites. One of the songs was Coming Out of Our Shells lol

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established