Shoulder injury

Dutch guy in asia

Dutch guy in asia

Awards
I probably have tendentious in my left shoulder. I only feel a slight pain if i do DB press and sometime when I mount my weights for DB shoulder press. During the exercise no pain. Now I am reading all kind of horror stories that if you keep working out it will get worse. It has not gotten worse but a rest of 4 weeks did not cure it either. Its actually quite mild and most of the day no pain at all.

Would it be an idea to just drop DB press ? I am doing a cut so only doing full body and the only exercise i actually feel some discomfort is DB press. Would it be enough to only stop that exercise and not the rest ? Any idea for a replacement for DB press ?

So the pain is almost only there when i do a forward pressing motion, i am sure that lat raises would hurt too (they are not in my full body program).

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes, stop doing something that causes discomfort/pain. My advice, outside of seeing a doc if you're concerned, is to drop any movement that hurts or is uncomfortable. Even a little.

The landmine shoulder press may be a healthy replacement.

Norse12

Awards
My wife and I have had 3 issues related to lifting this year. Each time I have got an overwhelming amount of advice from national level weightlifters and strongmen, actual physios, friends, neighbours, just about anyone. Pretty much each and every advice was wrong, absolutely wrong. Lesson learned: Go see a real doctor and do an MRI, get a proper diagnosis and plan of action. Don't know how much it costs where you are and if you can get it on medical insurance, where I live it's about €400 for MRI + Consultation.

Ptlhains

Ptlhains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I would go to a incline press, but higher than normal. And if you are not doing it, band work and more band work and then more band work every week at least a few times a week for 10 minutes. High rep - do a little more each week. Good luck!

Dutch guy in asia

Dutch guy in asia

Awards
Already doing band work and things seem to improve. Just going to cut out DB press for a while. I might add incline DB press but right now im in a cut. Only want to hold on to some muscle so its not as if I need to do DB press.

I might go for an MRI if it does not go away. My other side went away and was worse then this side. But I am just going slow for now.

phillip5324

Awards
If you feel pain while doing exercise, then you must take some time off from exercise or any other activity in which your shoulder involved. Recovery takes some time, and you must accept the way it comes. Better to keep your mind focused in other activities instead.

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'd recommend checking out these physical therapists on YouTube, Bob & Brad, they have tons of videos on rehabing the shoulder and other issues. I don't see one specifically for tendentious, but I bet they have one. If not, you could request it from them and they would probably make a video about it!

Dutch guy in asia

Dutch guy in asia

Awards
Shoulder issue is almost gone. I can do most exercises again. Now slowly loading it up again. Seems working out lightly and taking out exercises and a lot of fish oil and cummercin did it.