Chucks?
Running Shoes?
Under Armor?
Vans?
Five Fingers?
Sandals?
Bare Foot?
Socks? Lol

I myself like Five Fingers due to I like to do some HIIT I the treadmill from time to time

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
For years, plain ol' black leather nike b-ball shoes.

For the past few weeks:

Love 'em.

jonesBones40

jonesBones40

Awards

For the past few weeks:

Love 'em.
I really wanna squat with those shoes, it's awkward taking my shoes off to squat haha

Vote4pedro

Vote4pedro

Awards
I really wanna squat with those shoes, it's awkward taking my shoes off to squat haha
Same feeling bro ... No need to take em off
I used to do the same back in the day, no need to anymore

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've never squatted without shoes until last week. Wow...what a difference a little more "toe feel" makes!! Definitely feels better all around.

Vote4pedro

Vote4pedro

Awards
I've never squatted without shoes until last week. Wow...what a difference a little more "toe feel" makes!! Definitely feels better all around.
I also noticed a big difference on my calf ... They got more ripped and a lil bigger as well

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

I got the Fila Skeltoes, Which are pretty mucj just an inexpensive version. But they have the little toe and the toe next to it connected. Sweet shoes though. leg day rocks for sure!!!
pDSP1-9479041p275w.jpg

tilldeath

tilldeath

Awards
Vibram five fingers FTW! Been lifting and running in them for 3 years now and would never go back.

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
I gotta start doin that more, my squats are horrible as is. Spaced out and went to the gym in flip flops on leg day awhile back so i kicked em off for squats and it felt good. Feels unstable in running shoes like I'm squaring on spounges. Always been very curious bout those toe shoes too. Are they reall that comfy? How bout for running?

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established

For the past few weeks:

Love 'em.
pretty much the same here. Love them, been taking walks in the late afternoon with them to. I got mine on sale at some store in orlando for 65 because I was afraid to spend the 100$, but now If I need a new pair I would easily spend the going rate. So glad I actually got a pair to try on before I bought, now I can order from the internet already knowing the size I need if I need another pair.

Vote4pedro

Vote4pedro

Awards
I gotta start doin that more, my squats are horrible as is. Spaced out and went to the gym in flip flops on leg day awhile back so i kicked em off for squats and it felt good. Feels unstable in running shoes like I'm squaring on spounges. Always been very curious bout those toe shoes too. Are they reall that comfy? How bout for running?
I was a big time runner ... Big mistake, after 8 miles I couldn't feel my feet ... Once I became a bodybuilder and the most I ran is 2-3 miles at the beach I love em, sprints specially, def Comfy but I have an odd shaped pinky toe, after a few hrs I gotta take em off and run it and I'm good for a lil longer, hardly happens tho

Hey, I'm not a sponsor by any means but while browsing for a new pair I saw em in travel country dot com (the trek sports) for $65 and free shipping ... I got em last year for $110 so it's a pretty good price, figured I let u guys know

CaptHowdy5150

CaptHowdy5150

Awards
  • Established
Under Armour shoes for normal days, cop boots for leg day.

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
flat soled vans.

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
I was a big time runner ... Big mistake, after 8 miles I couldn't feel my feet ... Once I became a bodybuilder and the most I ran is 2-3 miles at the beach I love em, sprints specially, def Comfy but I have an odd shaped pinky toe, after a few hrs I gotta take em off and run it and I'm good for a lil longer, hardly happens tho

Hey, I'm not a sponsor by any means but while browsing for a new pair I saw em in travel country dot com (the trek sports) for $65 and free shipping ... I got em last year for $110 so it's a pretty good price, figured I let u guys know
Thanx I'm gonna look into that, I got alot of foot/ankle injuries and I'm bow legged. Ive exoerienxed how the added weight can Make it harder as well. Now that I'm 230 rather then 185-200 range running starts to suck alot sooner as well. Used to do 7-10 miles on the mountain trails in AZ and now it's 2-3 miles flat ground here in MI. (MI blows for outdoor running)

tilldeath

tilldeath

Awards
with the toe shoes you have to work up your time in them, your feet aren't used to running bare so gradually work up too it. You'll also notice how your foot lands different then regular running. Like I said I give them my full approval.

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I just wear chucks. I at one point used to lift in a pair of 10 year old hiking boots before they got too torn up to lift in, but those were amazing for squats and deadlifts. Even being higher off the ground, the ankle stability was really nice.

kaikara

kaikara

Awards
  • Established
I workout at home, so I'm always barefoot!

I tried working out in a gym for a week and couldn't get used to wearing shoes.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I couldn't lift in chucks...

I wear all black Puma running shoes...

I've looked at those "toe" shoes b4 and I tried a pair on in a store and my feet didn't or my toes did not find the right spaces rather.
Either way I've seen 1 or 2 dudes in my gym wearing them and I've been wanting to try them again but I want to go to a store that has them 1st, I'm wondering if the mall or some store in the mall has them?

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
with the toe shoes you have to work up your time in them, your feet aren't used to running bare so gradually work up too it. You'll also notice how your foot lands different then regular running. Like I said I give them my full approval.
I watched something about that before and they were testing the impact of ones foot in running shoes opposed to barefoot. The strain on the feet and legs was much less barefoot as you foot and leg acted more of spring and the foot lands more on the front/side cushioning the pressure on the heal and up through the leg rather then the heal/toe way running shoes force your feet to run. Injury was less likely barefoot and barefoot runners we're able to run longer distances with less fatigue.

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
Chucks for lifting.
Flat feet? I got high arches, always strains that tendon in my arch when I wear my chucks. Sucks cus they're the coolest sneakers on the planet. Timeless

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Flat feet? I got high arches, always strains that tendon in my arch when I wear my chucks. Sucks cus they're the coolest sneakers on the planet. Timeless
Beyond flat feet. I dont have an arch at all. If I get shoes with arches my foot just breaks it down.

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
Beyond flat feet. I dont have an arch at all. If I get shoes with arches my foot just breaks it down.
Same thing with me, no arch. I've been wearing Asics with powerstep insoles.

Ayy

Ayy

Awards
John Wall ReZig Encores! All black with white Zigs.

Vote4pedro

Vote4pedro

Awards
John Wall ReZig Encores! All black with white Zigs.
U just work out on em or run as well? Can't see them being very good for heavy ass squats and deadlifts ...

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
jordan jumpman's

Masciaman

Masciaman

Awards
nike lunar glide 3

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Same here. No arch at all, but high instep.

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bummer, dude. I don't have flat feet, but I just like lifting in chucks. Plus I don't feel bad messing them up (and they're starting to get worn already after only 2 years!). I do use them for almost all sports, though.

AForney

AForney

Awards
I love these shoes. Took some time for my feet to get use to no support, but I would buy New Balance again.
MW10GO.jpg
New Balance Men's MW10
Style #: MW10GO

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bummer, dude. I don't have flat feet, but I just like lifting in chucks. Plus I don't feel bad messing them up (and they're starting to get worn already after only 2 years!). I do use them for almost all sports, though.
I have had these pair for years. Probably 4 years maybe more. Only really use them to lift. Paid $15 for them haha.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
This is what I picked up & it cost me $70 :(

kowalsik

Awards
nike

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Saucony Kinvara 2's. No issues with squat or deadlift stability, they're super light for cardio and COMFORTABLE.

Vote4pedro

Vote4pedro

Awards
This is what I picked up & it cost me $70 :(
Damnnnn I like those! Pretty nice looking shoes but wouldn't be able to match that green/ yellowish with anything I wear other than gym cloths

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
A guy at my gym had some special power lifting shoes designed by nike for the 2008 olympics,,, they looked awesome! Very sturdy flat sole ... tried to find them online and wasn't able to .... who knows how much he paid for them ... most people at my gym have more money than sense .... sort of a country club kind of place

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
Gotta say the only people at my gym wearing foot glove things are over 40, over weight, standing in a corner doing some sort of funky "I hate working out so I'll do this instead" stretching, fake martial arts thing!!! Hahaha!!!

jonesBones40

jonesBones40

Awards
Gotta say the only people at my gym wearing foot glove things are over 40, over weight, standing in a corner doing some sort of funky "I hate working out so I'll do this instead" stretching, fake martial arts thing!!! Hahaha!!!
Yeah!!! Haha thats why I'm iffy on trying them even if they are the greatest thing ever

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Damnnnn I like those! Pretty nice looking shoes but wouldn't be able to match that green/ yellowish with anything I wear other than gym cloths
Yeah they r sweet had to buy!
They r grey and green :)

Vote4pedro

Vote4pedro

Awards
Yeah!!! Haha thats why I'm iffy on trying them even if they are the greatest thing ever
Bahahahaha Im pretty sure I don't go to the gym to get laid lol ... Even tho I picked up before I wear what I like ... Even if that includes tucking my shirt in my pants sometimes hahahahaha

jonesBones40

jonesBones40

Awards
Bahahahaha Im pretty sure I don't go to the gym to get laid lol ... Even tho I picked up before I wear what I like ... Even if that includes tucking my shirt in my pants sometimes hahahahaha
No matter what anyone says there is some pressure to impress women at the gym lol it doesn't mean getting laid though

Kekkuk

Kekkuk

Awards
I workout at home, so I'm always barefoot!

I tried working out in a gym for a week and couldn't get used to wearing shoes.
I'll take my shoes off and lift in my socks at the gym for squats, dead lift, and power cleans.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No matter what anyone says there is some pressure to impress women at the gym lol it doesn't mean getting laid though
As someone who swears he never talks to girls at the gym... I had a girl standing by me when I was doing rows and Im pretty sure she caused me to get a little sloppy with form to get a few extra reps... pretty sure her bf wasnt impressed haha.