Severe elbow and forearm tendinitus?

wade1

Awards
How to fix. Just can't get it to stop coming back. Even with 6 months no training.

Trollus

Trollus

Awards
I have had serious problems with dequervains syndrome in my wrists for the past year. I’ve finally got my left wrist healed up and my right is coming along. Tendons are notoriously difficult to heal. My routine is ice 20 minutes at least once a day, stretching and resting the tendon as much as possible. NSAIDs when it flairs up bad but only when necessary due to concerns about liver health. I also brace at night and during lifts. There is a brace for the forearm that can alleviate some of the pain of tennis elbow. I have also had plantar fasciitis which required cortisone shots. The shots work pretty well but there is concern about damaging the tendon. I have had to modify my lifts to accommodate healing but not too much. But like I said before, standard ice stretch rest protocol works but requires some patience. Frustrating I know, I feel your pain.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
How to fix. Just can't get it to stop coming back. Even with 6 months no training.
Research TB500 and BPC157. Those are great for tissue repair, including tendon and muscle. I had some tennis elbow issues in my left elbow, and a round of BPC157 cleared it up.

Ptlhains

Ptlhains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
In my experience rest does not heal injures it makes them worse while the area gets weaker and the tendons get tighter andscar tissue sets in. I am not going to try to prescribe a workout, but work the area often (daily) with high reps, many sets and different exercises. Whatever you were doing pissed it off big time - so do the exact opposite.

Dutch guy in asia

Dutch guy in asia

Awards
In my experience rest does not heal injures it makes them worse while the area gets weaker and the tendons get tighter andscar tissue sets in. I am not going to try to prescribe a workout, but work the area often (daily) with high reps, many sets and different exercises. Whatever you were doing pissed it off big time - so do the exact opposite.
I too have noticed that rest does not always heals injuries. I had rotator cuff and inflamed tendons. First my right side and then my left. Now slowly its going away. But not training did not help. Training it did help but i did remove bench press and other exercises that hurt. But now slowly things seem to recover. I am taking a lot of turmeric curcumin to combat inflammation as NSAIDS are not that great to constantly use.

Ptlhains

Ptlhains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I too have noticed that rest does not always heals injuries. I had rotator cuff and inflamed tendons. First my right side and then my left. Now slowly its going away. But not training did not help. Training it did help but i did remove bench press and other exercises that hurt. But now slowly things seem to recover. I am taking a lot of turmeric curcumin to combat inflammation as NSAIDS are not that great to constantly use.
Exercise selection is very important, but not keeping it moving is devastating.