Segansational's Motivation Log

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
So your health is not in the proper range, but you want to wait.
I would advise going to a clinic. I know you have a family and everything to take care of, but this is your health. It would be best to take care of home base first and foremost, so you can start to function better, feel better, improved mood/sleep/energy, and most of all your testosterone levels. They may only lower as time goes on, and if action isnt taken it won't actually get better.

Just my 2 cents. You can't put a price tag on your health. Once you improve that, your training and daily life will improve 10 fold.

I would still get a test with Free/Total Test, Thyroid, A1C/Fasted insulin, and your lipids this would only be beneficial.
I’m not a physician, and this certainly isn’t medical advice, but I don’t disagree with him for waiting. Free test and cortisol were barely out of range. If it were me, and I was in the situation where I’m getting consistently interrupted sleep (in the example of a newborn), I wouldn’t have even bothered with a hormonal test. Also, who knows how accurate these at home tests are anyway. I’d personally just wait a few months then re-test.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I’m not a physician, and this certainly isn’t medical advice, but I don’t disagree with him for waiting. Free test and cortisol were barely out of range. If it were me, and I was in the situation where I’m getting consistently interrupted sleep (in the example of a newborn), I wouldn’t have even bothered with a hormonal test. Also, who knows how accurate these at home tests are anyway. I’d personally just wait a few months then re-test.
And on the flip side, if the tests are inaccurate and lower then what the "home test" shows.
What happens if this continues to get worse? If his testosterone is actually "Low" and it continues to drop or come out of range then it will just lead to making things harder to progress.
If cortisol stays high then trying to keep his mood/energy/sleep in check will be very hard.

You can easily get labs done and have the results in one week for a matter of 15 minutes of your time by going to a walk-in clinic for bloodwork. Better safe than sorry IMO.

Again your health, do as you please. I just got bloodwork done last Monday. All I had to do was take my papers to an ACL/Quest Lab and get my blood drawn, and one week later the results were in my inbox. I was around 3 people max.

You have a higher chance of getting COVID and being around people at a grocery store, then going to a walk-in clinic for bloodwork. But to each their own. Especially as we age our bloodwork isn't always going to constantly get better. It is better to troubleshoot an issue in the early stages than just "Let it wait"

For someone as disciplined as Seg is with his workouts and nutrition. I just want him to get the max effort and results for what he puts in. Having your body not 100% or firing on all cylinders is just going to delay the process. The one thing I would hate for anyone to do is to look back and say "What if", or "If I would have done this". We all live and learn, but I hate for people to roll the dice on their health, or not take a stand when they can improve all aspects of their life off getting a test done and correcting the issues.

Last edited:
Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
First workout in 2 weeks. Been dealing with a lot at home, work, and everything else. Hoping that I'll be able to get back into a routine starting today.

Supersets:
Rotator cuff ex
DB laterals x DB front raises
Bent over DB laterals x Upright rows
Seated DB shoulder press
BB shrugs

32:57, 167 cals

164.4#, 15.1% haven't been this light in a long time, but feeling good in terms of body comp and where I'll be picking things back up. So let's go get it!

Last edited:
Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Back in this morning for a chest workout. Weights felt super heavy even though I was going light.

TRX chest press
Bench Press
DB incline press
DB incline flys

40:03, 175 cals

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Day 3 in a row. Back session.

TRX rows
Underhand grip BB rows
Neutral grip pull ups
Rack deads
Close grip DB row

39:34, 239 cals

One more to round out the week tomorrow before I take a day off.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Had some vacation to burn at work, so took a long weekend so I would have a day to myself. But made sure to get in a workout to get 4 days of weights in, again focused on front squats. Ended with those though, so my legs were sore all weekend.

Today was arms. Supersets to get in a quick one.

TRX biceps x TRX triceps
DB hammer curls x DB kickbacks
BB curls
Close grip BP

Went semi-light today, but had a really good isolation session. Biceps felt hard and shredded today. Let's start the week off right!

43:18, 298 cals

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ended up only hitting the weights every other day this week, so Wed and Fri sessions for shoulders and chest. Going to try and motivate myself to get up tomorrow AM as well for the 4th session.

Picked up some great deals on supps, Redcon1 has 35% off plus free Total War and a free hoodie. Not sure if @DemntedCowboy is around any more. And @The Solution @dsade with the hook up on Gut Health!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
4am Roll call
Well, that didn't happen. LOL. Best laid plans. Haven't worked out since Friday due to kids' sleep schedule, then the rugrats picked up a cold, which I got of course. First day back at it this week.

Back session:
TRX neutral grip rows, focused on outer edge of lats with this motion
BB rows
Neutral grip pull ups
Rack deadlifts

40:27, 283 cals

Last edited:
aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Well, that didn't happen. LOL. Best laid plans. Haven't worked out since Friday due to kids' sleep schedule, then the rugrats picked up a cold, which I got of course. First day back at it this week.

Back session:
TRX neutral grip rows, focused on outer edge of lats with this motion
BB rows
Neutral grip pull ups
Rack deadlifts

40:27, 283 cals
I’ve never really been able to get into rack deads. Do you prefer them to regular/traditional, or do you go this route because you finish with them?

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I’ve never really been able to get into rack deads. Do you prefer them to regular/traditional, or do you go this route because you finish with them?
Regular deadlifts I feel much more in my legs than rack deadlifts, which I feel really target my lats more. So I think if I were doing them during leg day, I'd opt for regular. But since I'm using them as finishers on back day, I use the rack.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Quick leg session.

Finished up my Steel Amped-AF pre.

TRX squats x TRX alt lunges
SLDLs
Front squats

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Arm session.

Pre: Superhuman Hulk Juice Supreme

TRX biceps x TRX triceps
DB hammer curls x DB kickbacks - going to have to find a different tricep exercise here. Just felt like I was going through motions here but not really forcing the muscle to work.
BB curls
Close Grip Bench Press

39:40, 273 cals

Last edited:
Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Had a great 4 day weekend with the family, weather was perfect, just what I needed.

Back in the gym today.

Shoulders
Rotator cuff ex
DB laterals x DB lateral partials
Bent over DB laterals x TRX facepulls
Upright rows
Seated BB press to the front

Fitbit didn't capture the time or cals right. Busy week ahead, but at least it's a short one for me! Trying to keep everything positive.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Been getting in my workouts every other day. Chest, back, and legs. My left foot was bothering me a bit the past two days, but didn't hinder my leg sessions this AM. Right forearm has also been bugging me, so no heavy overhand pulling motions for back. Bought a tennis elbow wrap to start wearing until it feels better.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Weighed in at 166.8#, 15.4% BF yesterday after a biceps workout Shoulders today. Tried out a scoop or Total War Vice City for a change. Profile is pretty basic. Flavor is pineapple/tropical fruit punch.

Rotator cuff ex, resistance bands
DB laterals x upright rows
DB front raises x TRX facepulls
Seated DB press
BB shrugs

40:01, 265 cals

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Chest WO this AM. Decided to focus on testing some weight increases on bench. Between 12 down to 5 rep sets jumped up 80#, so felt pretty good handling it overall. Need a new goal to work towards, so bench might be it.

TRX chest press
Bench press
Incline DB press
Incline DB flys

38:32, 168 cals

Last edited:
Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well, didn't finish posting last time. So long story short did a good back session that had chin ups incorporated and overhand grip deadlifts.

Back in this morning for legs. Short and sweet. TRX squats x alt lunges, SLDLs and squats.

43:45, 212 cals
Weight: 168.6#, 15.6% BF

Last edited:
Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Afternoon arm workout. Total War pre, SNS energized aminos + palatinose intra, Ketogenics whey blueberry muffin + 1/2 a banana post.

TRX biceps x triceps
BB curls x DB hammer curls
Close grip press x DB kickbacks

34:12, 220 cals

My right forearm/elbow is still bothering me. DB hammer curls wasn't a good movement, but the rest didn't cause any issues. Felt pumped AF. Hope everyone has a safe, food filled Thanksgiving!

Last edited:
Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Decided to take a advantage of the carb loading with Thanksgiving meals and leftovers. Did a shoulder WO yesterday and chest WO today.

Working with Superhuman Supreme as my pre. Almost out, but just reupped with Alpha Lion's black Friday sale and picked up the limited edition flavor, Bad Santa Sauce.

Bench Press
TRX chest press
Incline DB press x incline DB flys

Time 45:59, 183 cals

Black Friday deals were crazy good this year. Picked up Alpha Lion, Redcon1, SNS, CP, Buckeye Brownies, and Charlotte's Web. Xmas definitely came early this year!

Last edited:
Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Back workout this morning. Superhuman Supreme + 1 scoop EVL pump mode pre, 1 scoop BCAA rev + 10g palatinose intra.

TRX neutral grip rows
Underhand grip BB rows
Neutral grip pull ups
Rack deadlifts, overhand grip

46:30, 144 cals

Ended up also picking up some extras (multi's, vitamin D, greens) from that other bodybuilding store. Looks like I'm going to be stocked for quite a while now!

Last edited:
Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Legs. TRX squats x TRX alt lunges, SLDLs, Squats, TRX calf raises

41:19, 295 cals

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You’re looking awesome!
Thanks puccah! Just trying to stay on the grind.

Was a tough work week, but made it for a workout this morning. Arm session.

Pre: Total War, Intra: BCAA revolution + 1 scoop Cluster Bomb

TRX biceps x TRX triceps
BB Curls x Skull Crushers
Alt DB curls x DB kickbacks - right forearm still feeling off, DB curls probably felt the worst out of all the motions. Will try some ice and heat this weekend to get it back to normal.

45:13, 311 cals

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Had to giant set this one since I was short on time. All 3 sets of 10 reps.

DB laterals
DB front raises
Bent over DB laterals
Upright rows
Finished it up with 3 sets of 12 resistance band facepulls.

Quick and dirty reps. FUBAR energy shot as I stepped up to the weights. Sweat like a pig. Forearm hated this session, even wrapped. 15:29, 129 cals.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Wasn't able to get in the past two days, but here this AM for a chest session.

Low incline DB press
Low incline DB flys
Bench press
TRX chest press

47:54, 179 cals

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Only able to get a partial workout in this morning as the kids woke up early. Back session. TRX rows, underhand grip rows, Neutral Grip Pull ups (2 sets). Will add deadlifts in to tomorrow's leg session to try and round things out. 20:38, 143 cals

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Third day in a row. Been trying to do a 3 day on, 1 day off, 2 days on, 1 day off split if I can.

TRX squats x TRX alt lunges
Deadlifts
Front squats
SLDLs

50:41, 404 cals

Tried out my new Redcon1 belt on deadlifts today. Will compare it to my Dark Iron Fitness belt. The Redcon1 belt is much thinner, so doesn't cover as much of your back, but I am able to pull it much tighter for a snug fit. Overall it just feels stiffer, which could be newness (vs the Dark Iron belt I've had for years now). Or it could be the material. They say it's a leather Cardillo belt. My Dark Iron belt has stitching in the middle as well as the edges, so I wonder if that's for durability or for design. In any case, it's nice to have two belts now, especially since the Redcon1 belt was free for Black Friday!

Last edited:
Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Arm WO. Pre: 1 scoop Rhino Rampage, Intra: 1 scoop BCAA rev, 1 scoop palatinose

Supersets:
TRX biceps x triceps 3x12
BB curls x skull crushers 3x10
DB curls x DB kickbacks 3x10
Chin ups 3x8

42:01, 192 cals

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I dunnnnooooo.... looks like the wider one has better support.
If this was the giveaway one, it’s not cardillo. I asked CS during the sale. It made in China from what I was told.
Yeah, would not be surprised if a giveaway is a cheap freebie. Interesting though that there's a Cardillo belt they're selling in their store right now. In any case, used it today for a full workout and it felt pretty good support- wise.

Went all Redcon1 today for a light shoulder session. Total War pre, Cluster Bomb intra, rocked my special ops t-shirt and hoodie, plus the belt. Was definitely stylin' and profilin' !

Resistance band rotator cuff ex
Resistance Band laterals x front raises
Resistance band facepulls
Seated DB shoulder press
Behind the back BB shrugs

Have a great week everyone!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Chest workout.
Pre: Total War, Pump Mode. Intra: BCAA rev, Cluster Bomb

Bench Press working sets of 10,8,6
TRX chest press 3x12
DB low incline press x DB low incline flys

Great pump this morning. Feel like I'm making good visual progress.

48:23, 202 cals

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Looking great!!!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thanks Kat! I've always felt chest is a weak point for me, but it's slowly starting to come along.
Most definitely! Doesn’t look like a weak point to me at all! Nice size/definition and everything!

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Most definitely! Doesn’t look like a weak point to me at all! Nice size/definition and everything!
Totally agree with Kat! Love the definitions, especially your tris!!!!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Totally agree with Kat! Love the definitions, especially your tris!!!!
Looks like I've got the dynamic duo up in here now, no way I can fail!

Back WO:
Pre: Total War, Pump Mode
Intra: BCAA rev, Cluster Bomb

TRX neutral grip rows
Underhand grip BB rows
Neutral grip pullups
Rack deadlifts
DB close grip rows

Another feel good session. Strength almost there. Another great pump. Last day of work before the holidays get here!

47:12, 181 cals

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Nice work! What do you use to track your workouts & calories? I’m sure they’re not very accurate but I enjoy using my Apple Watch.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nice work! What do you use to track your workouts & calories? I’m sure they’re not very accurate but I enjoy using my Apple Watch.
It never counts if you don’t wear your watch! Haha

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I use my Fitbit versa smartwatch to track my workouts, time, and steps/cals burned. Honestly not sure how accurate it is for weightlifting, but I do like the consistency and accountability. I'm currently not tracking cals (about to go into bulk mode), but when I do I use myfitnesspal. And for measuring weight change/bodyfat I have a renpho digital scale.
It never counts if you don’t wear your watch! Haha
Truer words were never spoken!

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I use my Fitbit versa smartwatch to track my workouts, time, and steps/cals burned. Honestly not sure how accurate it is for weightlifting, but I do like the consistency and accountability. I'm currently not tracking cals (about to go into bulk mode), but when I do I use myfitnesspal. And for measuring weight change/bodyfat I have a renpho digital scale. Truer words were never spoken!
I’ll have to look into that digital scale! Does it have an app for tracking also?

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes it does!
****, if it’s not a fortune, I’ll grab one. I’ve noticed that doctor office scales are always 5 lbs heavier. Lmao, at least I tell myself that so I won’t feel so bad.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey... there’s quite a few. Can you tell me which one you got?